U.S. Navy
7,551 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Learned many skills
Navy Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and learning experience
Cons: over worked and underpaid
I was able to work in different settings. Emergency medicine with patients who experienced heat exhaustion, stress and stroke while performing IV therapy while being swung at, while still communicating calmly with the patient trying to remind them that they are in a safe place.
Family practice- checking in patients from infants to older adults peeping – more... them for the doctor to see.
Immunization clinic- managing staff and ordering supplies while keeping military operation ready and children vaccinated against diseases.
EMT-B- nationally certified in 2006 and Driver qualified.
Pharmacy technician- helped patients receive the right medication and reinforcing teaching about medications. – less
Defending Freedom
Damage Control Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
If you are driven to defend the United States of America, then join. You will be tested to your limits on a constant basis.
Hoorah
Torpedoman (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaJuly 23, 2014
Would have stayed in for life if it weren't for developing cancer. I absolutely love serving my country.
Great Place To Work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: being away from family for long periods of time.
A great place to work, you learn so many good things from people.
Your co-workers really care about your well being.
The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
The most enjoyable is all the good places you can visit.
Most Adaptable and Exciting Job I have had
Aviation Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits, travel, expert on-the-job training
Cons: short to long deployments, family separation, low advancement ratio
-Always training whether repetative or essential to your job or the needs of the Navy.
-Everyday was a new experience towards improving yourself or your knowledge of your rating.
-So for most people this is not the ideal job because of the constant change in atmosphere or because they can not handle the stress of project completion in a timely manner.
-No – more... matter what rating (expertise) you are given, you will meet and work along different goal oriented individuals, so this could hinder or improve worker productivity.
-In addition, you are always on call for anything whether it is to stand a watch, go on deployment, or handle a situation during off-duty hours. – less
Awesome opportunity
Human Resource manager (Former Employee), Millington, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: money for college
Cons: plenty of vacation time and holidays
Jump onboard you wont regret it...excellent opportunity to travel, go places, be a better person, learn awesome new management and leadership skills.
perfect oppertunity to get on your feet
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee), norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: medical, travel
Cons: military obligations take priority
A well structure day that is easy to follow. good training and hands on experince has prepeared me for any task.
great you traveled
Police Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: management
I loved travelling to different countries, never in one place long enough to get board. shopping.
Excellent for finding direction in life.
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: advancement and stability
Cons: to much politics
Started early every morning, varying work environments and something new almost every day. Great work environment with positive attitudes and willingness to teach newcomers. A lot of micromanaging but with good leadership it is not an issue. No prouder moment than watching something you have worked on leave to protect fellow military members.
Great Experience
Boatswain's Mate(E6) (Former Employee), Foreign and DomesticJuly 23, 2014
Adventurous, disciplined, opportunity and beneficial, long hour/days, lots of holidays and 3 day weekends, 100% tuition for education.
Fun
HSE Specialist/Operations Management (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 23, 2014
Great place to be if you want to travel the world. The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Productive, educational, enjoyable, Patriotic
Close In Weapon System Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: education, training, discipline, leadership/supervisory skills, travel, great people
Cons: lack of time with family
- Musters to ensure everyone is present and receive orders to determine what needs to be accomplished.
- Split to group work space and conduct maintenance on mult-imillion dollar weapon systems.
- Constant teamwork to ensure the security of our ship and base in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Co-workers were disciplined but also very fun and easy to get along with – more... (Some considered family).
- Multiple days without sleep while on alert.
- Most enjoyable part of my job was to witness my weapon system save countless numbers of lives and billions in Department of Defense Assets in Baghdad, Iraq engaging incoming rocket, mortars and artillery. – less
Amazing job with opportunities to see the world
2nd class petty officer (Current Employee), virginia beach, vaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, health care
Cons: working hours, overnight duty
I served 8 years in the United States Navy and there has definitely been some of the most challenging years of my life. I've traveled all around the world and met many different people and cultures. A typical day at work can vary between whether you're on a deployment or at home port. A deployment workday consists of 12 hour work shifts, but a day in – more... home port may only require a 5 to 8 hour work shift depending upon workload and routine inspections. I've learned the importance of teamwork and I've also learned the responsibility of being a supervisor and leading a team. My whole Navy experience as one was the most enjoyable part. – less
Great Experience
Master-At-Arms/Police (Former Employee), Napoli, CAMJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed working in the military. I loved the culture and the amazing people that I have met. Being in the military has grown my family. The only bad thing about it is some people slack and mistreat others because they are a higher rank.
A job with free travel
AV/ARM Division Chief (Former Employee), Naval Air Station (NAS) Lemoore, CAJuly 22, 2014
Best job and experience that I have experienced in my adult life (46).
If you can be a team player and follow orders, then this is the job for you!! Can not be the job security or the benefits. The GI bill, and 100% tuition assistance for education are platinum benefits alone and it could all be yours for a little dedication, honor, courage, and commitment.
The best place to work
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 22, 2014
This was a great place to work.
The most enjoyable is the people you work alone side with.
Great experiences!
In-Flight Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Around the world!July 22, 2014
Pros: the travel to many countries and flying every day!
Cons: the travel does wear on you every 3 years but it is fun.
The best 'career decision' I have ever made!
Traveled the world, acquired skills and was rewarded for my effort!!!
The best thing I could have ever done was to serve my country
Leading Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee), various locationsJuly 22, 2014
Pros: different, there was always something new and different
Cons: not real healthy on relationships
Joined right out of high school and was given lots of training and advancement came routinely.
Through the Navy, I learned how to be a better leader, manager and mentor.
Lots of education and training to take advantage of
Life Experience
Petty Officer (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: benifits, pto
Cons: time away from family
Gives you much needed life experience. Prepares you for the real world. Has wonderful job security.
Outstanding organization, very team orientated and rewarding.
Associate Director for Clinical Support Services (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: the say "yes" concept
Cons: joint military culture
Fast paced organization that offers outstanding healthcare to our Wounded Warriors and eligible beneficiaries.
I learned multiple skills sets that aided me in my career progression.
Staff was a great group to work with
Getting attached to patients
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a Wounded Warrior walk out of the hospital after being injured – more... on the battlefield – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more