U.S. Navy
9,887 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Secure employment with great benefits
Program Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, secure employment
Cons: employee classification process was old and rigid
Working for the US Navy was very rewarding most of the time. However, the military management frequently overlooked the value of outstanding employees. Mediocre employees were rewarded equally to those who developed new processes and more efficient programs.
Great life experience
Designated Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Service, Espirit De Corps, Training
Cons: Sometimes structure too rigid.
Travel the world, meet new people, experience different culture, and form lasting relationships while serving your country. Once in a lifetime experience.
US Navy Review
Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Outstanding Benifits
Cons: War
After 27 years of honorable service, the Navy gave me the opportunity to advance and excel as a person and as a professional.
This organization has made a positive impact on my life.
First Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 27, 2015
I was challenged on many fronts by being a part of this organization. It help to develop me as a leader and allowed me to grow in areas such as character, courage, and commitment. You must be able to adapt to different people and environments. Most enjoyable aspect of this job was the people!
Great leadership opportunities
Naval Officer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2015
Puts a high premium on developing leadership traits. Work/life balance can be a little rough, but provides unique work experiences that will provide a solid foundation for your career.
Nice career
ABH (Former Employee), VAMarch 27, 2015
Every morning at 7:15, we gather for Quarters. This is a daily meeting with our Division Chief and Division Officer that provides an opportunity to go over the day’s work assignments and any announcements from the chain of command
See the world and get paid
Boatswainsmate third class (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2015
No day is typical. Everyday presents new challenges. Everyone works together to get the job done. Team oriented approach to solving all problems at all levels. Hardest part is never being home and always at sea.
This is where I learned Team Wrok
Boatswain's Mate 2nd class (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great liberty ports
Cons: long deployments
My ship was haze grey and underway a lot. Team work was the biggest part of my Navy career and my team memberson the ship were so awesome. The hardest part of the job was being on tour 6 months at a time. The most enjoyable part was visiting all the great liberty ports!
Guaranteed job
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Everything else.
Being in the US Navy is a thankless job. You get thrown more work than any one person should be expected to handle. The higher ups are unforgiving and the benefits are not worth the life style hassles.
love the travel
Petty Officer Third Class (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
The travel was awesome. The only downgrade is being away from family for long periods of time. There was only a balance when home and in port periods. Did not have to worry about medical or dental benefits had it all there at the palm of my hand.
Navy
Electrical Damage Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
the navy was awesome. It taught me a lot of skills that i still use to this day. I think that all people should go through some type of military to learn how to be a leader.
Best Job in the world.
Information Systems Technician (SW) (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Best Job in the world.
Cons: Best Job in the world.
Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world. Best Job in the world.
Good career
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
its the military you know what your getting into dont be suprised when its hardyou will eat sleep and breath whatever branch you are in
Hard working environment
Petty Officer Second Class (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaMarch 26, 2015
Cleaned, adjusted, tested and performed other preventive maintenance on ship boilers, main engines, turbogenerators and other auxiliary machinery including steering engines, elevators, w inches, pumps and associated valves.
Avenue to Accelerate Your Life
Landing Craft Utility (LCU) Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
The U.S. Navy is a great place to learn different skill sets and give back to the world. In my six years of service, I've traveled to many countries and met many different people from all corners of the earth.
New challenges and events occured everyday.
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Bangor, WAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Each day there is a new opportunity for trying a new challenge.
Each day I was able to work with great people doing very technical and challenging projects. The Navy allowed me to pursue my qualifications and rankings to be able to get to the level I wanted to be able to lead my own division.
EXCELLENCE
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaMarch 26, 2015
worked a full work day M-S ,I enjoyed my co-workers/ shipmates, I've learned many things throughout the Navy the most important was honor courage and commitment . the hardest part of my navy career was deployments but the most enjoyable was meeting new people and the stability.
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background and ability to work well with people.”
Transportation Management Specialist, (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Hands-on experience in reviewing, updating or making changes to customer accounts.
Track record of listening and responding to customers’ needs and concerns.
Proven ability to determine answers and solutions quickly.
Special talent for handling irate and angry customers.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense environment smoothly
Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport
Responsible, dependable, punctual; take pride in work
Self-motivated; able to learn on own initiative
Great benefits
Dental Prosthetics Technician (Current Employee), Newport, RIMarch 26, 2015
The benefits are great. As a single person the travel is wonderful but becomes more difficult with a family.
Hours are long because you stand additional duties not related to your job.
As a lab tech you get little to no say in where you get stationed.
Long work days
Security Operations (Police) Chief (Former Employee), Guantanamo Bay, CubaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Arduous work environment
US Military Corrections Operations and arduous work environment. Very long days and there were few days off in between daily operations and work schedules.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries