U.S. Navy
10,055 reviews

U.S. Navy United States Employee Reviews

Navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), IliniosApril 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, honorable
Cons: hard to advance
Working for the US Navy.
Honor, Courage and commitment
most respectable job Ive had. A typical day of work would consist of
crazy
E-5 (Former Employee), waApril 16, 2015
A day in the navy is always something new that you will encounter. Joining the navy was one of the best things I have done. I meet people from all over the word.
Mission focused
Director of Strategic Range Planning (Current Employee), San DiegoApril 16, 2015
Pros: Location, emphasis on fitness, shipmates
Cons: bureaucratic, highly demanding, outdated administrative systems
Located in San Diego
Demanding job
Professional and dedicated workforce
Bureaucratic
Slow to make a decision
subordinate organizations are too independent
It is what you make it
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee), MDApril 16, 2015
Pros: The feeling of being a part of something bigger than oneself, unique experiences, on-the-job training, free trade schools, benefits during and after enlistment/commission
Cons: Family separation, "negative Nancys", long hours, undesireable jobs at low ranks, lack of democratic solutions to common problems
Work experiences vary greatly from person to person, command to command, duty station to duty station, year to year. Its never the same for everyone, and that's part of the excitement. In the end, what you experience in the United States Navy is a direct result of what you put in, negative and positive; I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world.
A challenging environment
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), Newport, RIApril 16, 2015
Pros: A lot of oppurtunity to learn
Cons: Work varies by location and job
There are a lot of opportunities to improve both professionally and personally, and the high standards of the military set an excellent minimum to go by.
Great Organisation; Be Flexible
Petty Officer First Class (Current Employee), World WideApril 16, 2015
The Navy is the most diverse organization in the world. Work hard and be flexible, do what you're told and be where you're told and you'll excel.
Great place to get a jump start on life.
Cook (Former Employee), San Diego, CaApril 16, 2015
I sat out to become a part of the Food Service community where ever I was assigned and enjoyed every bit of it. The team concept and cooking large amounts of food for a big crew was a challenge. As I used what skills I learned at Mess Management Class "A" school to help me in every facet of the job.

Being so diverse in Food Service principals helped me to take on the challenge of being a Food Serviceman not only at sea but at various shore duty stations of my choice. I learned what hard work was,how to work in a fast paced environment,and had excellent co-workers. The reward was I could qualify to take the next exam for advancement as my rate was wide open and the advancement opportunities was wide open.
Navy
Surface Ship Nuclear Propulsion Plant Operator (Former Employee), USNApril 16, 2015
It is the Navy. Military life isn't for everyone. Good on the job training and the people you meet are great. Places you go can be fun.
Training Petty Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 16, 2015
Get to work, check my email, type up weekly training, schedule tests for personnel, route up qualifications to CO, file qualifications and training. Enroll personnel in training schools.
Never a dull moment
Second Class Petty Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 16, 2015
In the navy there are million things you can do and learn. Which it helps a lot for those individuals that only want to do four years. You can take some of the training and school and actually take it to civilian sector .
great work experience.
GMSA (Former Employee), Great lakes ilApril 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, education, security
Cons: no breaks, always working, lack of sleep
I learned a lot in the navy they taught me everything I know. I also grew up and learned responsibility. It was great serving for my country and I am friends with this countries best men and women.
Very good place to start.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Great Lakes, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Relocation
Very enjoyable and rewarding job with excellent benefits.
Free travel to see the world. Very diverse group of people to work with. Competitive training that will benefit in other aspects of life.
Awsome training and job experince
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2015
Pros: great life experiance
Cons: had to leave due hihe tenur
being logistics specialist in the navy give a chance to experience a lot , working with different people from different part of the world and form the united state. I've Had awesome navy leaders who pushed me to learn my craft and to always be proud of the work I produce.
Asistant Yeoman/ Master at Arms (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILApril 15, 2015
I was only in boot camp for a month while I was there I learned more about paying attention to detail. I meet great people who I see being really good friends in the future. The Navy stands by honor, courage, and commitment
Good wages and opportunity for advancement
CTT (Current Employee), San Diego, CA.April 15, 2015
The USN offers employees a chance to dive into a work environment and learn basic skill necessary for real jobs after separating. Good pay and decent access to benefits.
Naval Experiance
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Agana, GuamApril 15, 2015
Life in the military is difficult but an experience well worth it. The people and experiences I've gained will forever push me to be and do better in life. There are many hardships to deal with while serving. But the most enjoyable part or experience is knowing you made a difference no matter how small.
Sense of pride and accomplishment working here
System Administrator/Trainer (Former Employee), Fallon, NVApril 15, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: long periods away from family
Great organization to be a part of that provides job security and benefits beyond compare. Sense of pride and accomplishment for individuals who understand what it means to be part of a team where everyones contribution matters.
Great place to work, just got tired of moving around.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSApril 15, 2015
The navy, much like most places where you work, is what you make of it. Your attitude determines everything, and I believe I had a great run in the navy. It taught me a lot and helped me grow into the man I am today.
great experience and training and enviorment to travel and learn
Trained Electronics Supervisor instructor (Former Employee), united statesApril 14, 2015
Pros: stability and pay and benefits
Cons: being deployed and away from your family for extended time
highly recomended for you people coming out of college or highschool to get great technical skills training and college credits, decent pay and an oportunity to travel and see the world
leading petty officer
Lead Recruiting Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 14, 2015
i think everyone should serve in the navy before they go out into the real world. i learned alot about management and leadership. you learn about and meet people from all walks of life.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries