U.S. Navy

11.3K reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

great life experince
Mechanic (Former Employee), san diego caAugust 31, 2015
what can I say I liked working for the military I had the opportunity to travel and see places that I didn't know excited. the people that I worked for was a family away from a family.
great enviornment
AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: n/a
At ava it was a good learning experience to interact with customers and conduct yourself in a professional manner. The employees were great and I loved the hours.
Many priceless experiences and opportunities
Training Department Manager/Leading Petty Officer (Current Employee), TInker AFB, OKAugust 31, 2015
The interaction with people is priceless and once you create a positive relationship and reputation people look to you for guidance. There is no substitute for being an instructor, mentor, and friend. The Navy has provided a very valuable environment to allow these things to thrive. I am very thankful for the 20 years I have spent with the Navy and would not trade them for anything.
The best days of my life
Front Desk Supervisor and RPPO (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Lifelong experience
I would have done 20 years but I got pregnant with my son and was unable to advice due to personal circumstances. While I was in the Navy I was able to travel, attend school and so much more.
Interesting
Seaman (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Love it some days and wondered the other days. The people you call friend will either make or break it. I have nothing more to say
Launch and recover aircraft
Program Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Muster with your division. The plan of the day/week is put out. Maintenance team is established, you then check out tools and get the go ahead to begin the project. Proceed until the day is coming to a close, turn in tools and give the Bosn a brief where you are at as far as the maintenance job goes.
Not for everyone
Technician, Electrical Work Center (Former Employee), World WideAugust 31, 2015
The military is not for everyone but it was something I went into with the mindset of completing my 20yrs. Getr rid of the Current adminstration and replace it with people that want America to prosper rather than falter and it will be a fuin job again.
Continuous Training Cyle
Plant Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Health Coverage, 30 days vacation a year, tax advantages
Cons: Deployment & extended travel
In a course of two years, you transition through phases of a training cycle. There are periods of maintenance, training, integrated/fleet training and deployment. Many time sensitive tasks and critical repairs take place with numerous training and collateral opportunities to diversify your career. This cycle repeats itself at different stages for every command. When at shore, opportunities are available to increase personal and professional development.
Best Job I have ever had
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 31, 2015
There was nothing better than serving this great nation of ours. The cruises and the time away from my family could be rough but it was worth every minute.
Engineman First Class
Engineer (Former Employee), Little Creek, VAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Serving my country for twenty one years.
Cons: the six month deployments
1. Served onboard the USS Independense CV62 which was the last none nuclear aircraft carrier. work day started at 0730 and ended at 1500, Unless you had the duty.
2. I was sent to a lot of navy schools and this give me a lot of knowledge and expertise.
3. I was in middle management in charge of twenty men in the boat shop.
4.All my co workers was highly professionals who was ready to go to war on a moments notice.
5, Being underway for six months at a time and the mail from back home was slow.
6. completing twenty-one years of service to my country.
Great organization
Fire Controlman (Former Employee), vaious locationsAugust 30, 2015
I absolutely loved my time spent in the military. It was long hours, but definitely worth the reward and education. This is an experience I will always cherish.
The best job I have ever done!!!!
Personnel Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 30, 2015
Pros: The people!!!! The places you see aren't too bad either!
I would never discourage anyone from being a part of the US Military. I learned so much about myself and how to interact with others. Working in an administration office is tough work, but some of the most rewarding.
You are part of something greater than your self!
PETTY OFFICER 1ST CLASS (SW) (Former Employee), Mayport, FloridaAugust 30, 2015
Pros: See the world/Travel
Cons: Hard to maintain family life with deployments
Nothing like serving your country and being a part of something greater than yourself. Best Job ever! Got to travel and see a lot of places that I had never thought I would see.
if you have to go in the service as i did the draft
MACHANIST MATE (Former Employee), uss america cva 66August 30, 2015
Pros: great food and travel
Cons: long time away from home
great life lesson lots of travel
meet lots of people lot of hard work at sea but great vacation
whish I had stayed in for 20 years
excellent job, travel the world,experience different cultures
HOSPITAL CORPSMAN (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 29, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: no cons
unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss the day to day things that I did while serving my country in the military. I learned how to be a man, do what you say, trust ,honor , respect. your coworkers always have your back, and so does management. getting out was the hardest thing to do. serving the American people and keeping this great nation safe and secure, was most enjoyable
Military Life
Aircrew Survival Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: adventure
Cons: low pay
Performed scheduled duties and was prepared to serve my country in any way needed. Traveled to foreign countries which allowed for learning new cultures. Wonderful experience
Its the military...nuff said
nuclear electronics technician (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free benefits, healthcare, life insurance, housing
Cons: away from famility
Hard long hours with little consideration of your home life. Great benefits and honestly 100% job security.WOuld do it again and would probably try and stay in longer next time.
US NAVY
Machinist Mate Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: healthcare, retirement, experience, schools
Cons: shortbreaks, long working hours, deployements for 8+ months at a time.
The US NAVY is a fast pace environment. Paying attention to detail is crucial while conducting evolutions. Maintenance in the engineering plant on multi million dollar equipment leaves room for no error. My co-workers were all hard working self motivating individuals. The hardest part of my job as a engineer in the Navy is being away from loved ones. The most enjoyable part was the valuable experience of new daily task, and challenges.
A typical day at work
Aviation Mechanic in Line Maintenance Department (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch & dinner and Free room
Cons: Health care
Every day I work in the Navy is a typical day. I check every tools are present for all and check all GSEs are good condition. And then I will have a work that for a day. this job is easy and safe. I can learn more with co-worker who know more than me. Every worker is kind. They are like to help with new worker.
Awesome job, the way things are managed is very unorganized
Hospital Corpsman Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Joint Base Pearl Harbor HickamAugust 28, 2015
Pros: benefits and people you meat
Cons: management, hours
I would recommend the navy to anyone who would like a good stepping stone into starting a career. It is an awesome experience just not one that I personally felt was for me. You learn really great skills that you can take with you to the civilian side. I was a hospital corpsman dental assistant and I LOVED my job. The doctors that I worked with were amazing!
Headquarters