U.S. Navy
9,869 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background and ability to work well with people.”
Transportation Management Specialist, (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Hands-on experience in reviewing, updating or making changes to customer accounts.
Track record of listening and responding to customers’ needs and concerns.
Proven ability to determine answers and solutions quickly.
Special talent for handling irate and angry customers.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense environment smoothly
Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport
Responsible, dependable, punctual; take pride in work
Self-motivated; able to learn on own initiative
Great benefits
Dental Prosthetics Technician (Current Employee), Newport, RIMarch 26, 2015
The benefits are great. As a single person the travel is wonderful but becomes more difficult with a family.
Hours are long because you stand additional duties not related to your job.
As a lab tech you get little to no say in where you get stationed.
Long work days
Security Operations (Police) Chief (Former Employee), Guantanamo Bay, CubaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Arduous work environment
US Military Corrections Operations and arduous work environment. Very long days and there were few days off in between daily operations and work schedules.
better for single people
Aviation Ordnance Airman (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 25, 2015
Work/life balance would be much better if you were single with no family commitments. Being married and away from home made things difficult.
Wonderful Culture
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), DeployedMarch 24, 2015
Although there are definitely things to improve on, the US Navy was a great time in my life. My fellow shipmates were courteous and always friendly, even when we'd been deployed for months at a time.
Productive and fun work environment
Avionics Technician Second Class (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMarch 24, 2015
Diverse and excellent work environment. Fast paced, fun work place. Advancement opportunities are abundant depending on your rating. Worked with highly motivated individuals.
Go Navy!
Administrative & Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 24, 2015
I loved serving my country and wouldn't change that decision I made back then for anything. I learned a lot about myself as well as the many different positions held during my career.
It is a stressful job at times but enjoyable with great people.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Cons: Advancement
If I had a chance to change my mind about joining I wouldn't I would've changed some things I did but I don't regret any of it.
A battle-ready entity geared toward professionalism, integrity, and honor.
Nuclear Reactor Operator (Former Employee), Pearl Harbor, HIMarch 24, 2015
This was a very demanding job that required a lot of commitment and drive for excellence. If you fell short of a goal or requirement, everyone up and down the chain of command will let you know. On the other hand, if you deliver an excellent job or outcome, you will be highly praised. The is a very no excuses mentality in the Navy and a lot is demanded of you. You have to put in long work hours and develop high levels of knowledge. On the plus side you get to travel the world for free and enjoy free education, if you can find the time.
Great work, hard on family
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great work, great people
Cons: certain deployments, at work more than home
A typical work is not typical when in the military. There are many different systems on an aircraft that can fail and require maintenance. When something fails we go to the plane, trouble shoot the problem down to a part or system using technical data, order the part or parts, replace that part, and run up the system. If the part is what was needed, we sign of the job.

I have learned electrical and electrical mechanical trouble shooting. Leadership skills. How to follow instruction.

Some of my co-workers are more experienced, some are less. They are all motivated to learn and do their best. They are knowlegable and hard workers. Always helping others.

The hardest part of the job is when deployments come up and I have to leave my family for long periods of time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the comradery of my co=workers and the work its self.
A place for dediction and hard work
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee), VariousMarch 24, 2015
A lot of potential places and work experience, fantastic people, but be prepared to face some of the same bureaucracy that any other job offers. No matter the field you are in, work hard and serve the country to the best of your ability.
i loved my job
Electrician mate (Former Employee), norfolkMarch 24, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: if you have family your not home to see them grow
I loved traveling to these different countryies. the only reason i left is because i got kicked out. it was a lot of job security
FUN WORK DAY
HR/ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee), Millington, TNMarch 24, 2015
-Typical work day is that everyone needing things now.
-Learned that the military is constantly changing
-Co-Workers always changes because of people coming and going
-Dealing with attitude from diverse group of people
-Most enjoyable part of the Navy is traveling to different countries and seeing the world.
Great Training, Long Hours
Circuit Card Repair Division Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
As is any job in the military, you work very long hours. This is and was expected going in. The training I received was top-notch and I feel it prepared me well for the civilian sector.
Wonderful team to be apart of.
Administrative Assistant (Yeoman) E-8 (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILMarch 24, 2015
this is the best team to be apart of. I have seen so much of the world. I've also learned things that I'd never thought I'd be able to do.
Best job in the world!
Administrative Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Steady pay
Cons: Time away from family
I really enjoyed my 24 years in the Navy. I got to travel all over the world and experience different cultures. I made lots of friends and created a strong network of varying areas of expertise.
Highly motivating and challenging work place.
Hospital Corpsman Petty Officer 1st Class (Former Employee), Last duty station was Quantico,VaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Physically challenging and highly diverse culture.
Cons: Very authoritarian aND LOTS of deployments.
Being called into service of my country, given the opportunity to train and lead has been an immensely rewarding experience. Personal responsibility, proper use of equipment, and time management skills are the most valuable of the take-a-way assets I have gained. I have gained great insight into what real leadership is, and what it is not. Many of the friendships were molded I n the joint commitments to job accomplishment. Ironically the hardest and yet most enjoyable parts of this experience was the constant change in personnel.
Excellent place to work.
Seabee (Former Employee), Kings Bay, GaMarch 24, 2015
Military constructions and operations. Also was considered light infantry. Was great to be paid to stay in shape. Get to travel the world.
Great opportunity
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), GAMarch 24, 2015
I went into the Navy after high school to get money for college. Going into Submarines was the best choice I have ever made.
Vet
Cryptologic Technician Collections (Former Employee), augusta gaMarch 24, 2015
• Turned controls & throw switches to activate power, adjusted voice volume and modulation, and set transmitters on specified frequencies.
• Operated sound-recording equipment to record signals and preserve broadcasts for purposes such as analysis by intelligence personnel.
• Sent, received, and interpreted coded messages.
• Repaired radio equipment as necessary, using electronic testing equipment, hand tools, and power tools
• Validated known intelligence with data from other sources.
Gathered, analyzed, correlated, & evaluated information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries