U.S. Navy
9,444 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Join the Navy, see the World
Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee), Anywhere, USAMarch 2, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the military. I learned a lot and owe it to the Navy for the person that I am today. You will make life long friends and learn life long values with the Navy core values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment.
Military
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Silverdale, WAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: No life
Its the military man, suck it up. Do what you are told and life is easier. Clean shave, good haircut and show up on time. that's it
Great place.
Navy Production Assistant / Logistics Planner (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 2, 2015
Good benefits, training for future work related items that are required to the mission of the company. Work changes on a daily basis and that makes it exciting.
Great learning experience
Electrician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: endless knowledge
Cons: away from family
Work day starts at 0600 until whenever. In the military you are on the job 24/7. The opportunity for learning and advancing is endless and completely up to the individual. One will meet people from all over the world, it opens your eyes to the difference you make in the world
LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
Petty Officer First Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the pay, travel, advancement, flexibility, benefits, meeting people
Cons: work-life balance
Twenty years in the Navy and I wish I could have done twenty more. Great teamwork, challenges aplenty, room for growth, diversity is off the hook, and LOTS of travel.
Great experience
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2015
Being in the Navy can be challenging, but it comes down to you and what you want out of it. Joining the Navy was the best decision that I have made in my life so far. I was able to become a man and a better HR professional.
A demanding, but adventure ridden career move for thoes who love a challege.
Damage Controleman/ Fireman (Current Employee), Newport, RIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: healthcare, travel, experience, career change oportunity, responsibility levels, upward momentum, cultural diversity
Cons: rapid work culture changes, advancement procedures, physical/weight standard of measurement.
I wouldn't take back a day in the US Navy! I had some extremely hard days but the payoffs were worth it. I learned a ton about myself, and how to maintain professionalism as an ambassador in numerous countries, but also in undesirable situations.
I was afforded the opportunity to manage a team of up to 15 individuals on day to day operations, 50+ during a true catastrophe.
Now I manage all aspects of a firefighting technical trainer as well as a sinking vessel simulator.
The hardest part was working up to 20hr days for up to a few months. But the most rewarding was when I was able to help someone who was less fortunate than myself, or anyone I knew...
Political
ELECTRONICS /INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Traditions and people
Cons: Everything else.
The military in general has become over run with political influence and has made tradition and discipline into a joke. The leadership is more concerned with what the public thinks and what is socially acceptable rather than the mission at hand.
Stable Job, Good Benefits, Steady paycheck
US Navy (Former Employee), Groton, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, free housing
Cons: repetitive lifestyle, little freedom to do what you want
The Navy was one of a kind experience. I realized I will never again have that kind of job security but I also realized that I will be much happier working in a different field.
Stable Job, Good Benefits, Steady paycheck
US Navy (Former Employee), Groton, CTMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, free housing
Cons: repetitive lifestyle, little freedom to do what you want
Great...
United States Navy (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: gi bill, medical benefits
Cons: 9 months or more without seeing your loved ones
for a young single person looking to travel and eventually go to college. I don't recommend it for anyone with a family. The schedule is too unpredictable.
Navy
Boiler Operator/Small Boat Engineer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: see the world
Cons: out to sea a lot
This was my best job yet, because I got to travel the world and see so many places that people dream of seeing. The only bad thing you was out to sea a long time.
Good job with benefits
Shop Safety Advocate (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAMarch 2, 2015
Working for the navy has been a career, not just a job. It has great benefits, a diverse work population and endless opportunities for advancement.
Office Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: learning to provide outstanding customer service to help others.
Cons: not being able to provide the assistance what they needed.
Providing all administration activities. Performed outstanding customer service to the entire command. I learned about being a team player. Managed five individuals of the office. Subordinates communicated a lot with each to make sure the office ran smoothly. The hardest part was trying to accommodate everyone who needed assistance. The most enjoyable about the job was that I go a chance to learn different cultures, ethics, background, and having a good time.
Productive and Innovative
HOSPITAL CORPSMAN 3RD CLASS (Former Employee), United States Naval Bases around the world.March 2, 2015
Pros: learning the rules and regulations of life and its many surprises.
The United States Navy gave me the tools, experience, intelligence as well as the ability and confidence to use these tools to be as successful as I want to be.
Diverse work community
Departmental Manager/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Naval Branch Health Clinic, Great Lakes, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: excellent medical/dental benefits, paid vacation, room for promotion, comradery.
Cons: change of location ever 2-3 years, low pay, no extra pay for overtime hours.
Working with the US Navy is challenging, but very rewarding. It gives you the opportunity to gain experience working with many diverse groups of individuals from all over the world. I have gained knowledge and life experiences during my travels and different duty stations that I will share with people for the rest of my life. The comradery and brotherhood is unlike any job, fraternity, or sorority out there. I have met some incredible people that I will keep in touch with for as long as time will allow me to do so. The most difficult part of the job in my particular field of work has been working with a team of medical providers from different countries and continuing to provide the best quality patient care possible. This job has allowed me to travel to many different parts of the world, opportunities some people never have the chance to do in their lifetime. I find that to be the most enjoyable aspect of the job and I am very thankful for that.
good
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), variousMarch 2, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: being away from family
I enjoyed my career in the Navy. It was rewarding and challenging. I got to see a lot of the world.

Very long days of work at sea, management was good some times. Depending on the duty assignment. Co-workers were good for the most part.
Nice place to work and learn new skills
Active Duty Member/Machinist Mate (Former Employee), Pearl Harbor HawaiiMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free food and housing healthcare was free
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was informative but very busy (5 am to 12pm). I learned a lot during my time in the military, my coworkers were fun and easy to get along with
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), World WideMarch 2, 2015
During my tenure in the US Navy I've learned that there are different types of leaders. I've learned that you can take bits and pieces of their leadership styles, either good or bad, and transform your style in order to provide your workers with the best possible work environment while still accomplishing time sensitive and critical jobs.
YN
YN2 SECRETARY (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benifits, education
Cons: time consuming, away from family and friends for a long time.
I loved this employer. I had a lot of fun and have seen more than most people have seen in their lives. I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. I don't think this position is not available anymore.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more