U.S. Navy
7,559 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

well organized
seaman (Former Employee), usaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: usa
Cons: usa
very exceptional

hard work but it paid off

got to meet many new people

teaches you a lot of good values
A very productive leader and manager.
Continuous Process Improvement Instructor (Current Employee), NAS Lemoore, CAJuly 24, 2014
I enjoy mentoring and leading people and showing them that if you take care of your personnel that the work will come. I have learned so much from everyone and I am grateful for that. The Navy has made me a better person and an even better sailor.
Fast paced environment
Commanding Officer's Administrative Support (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long deployments
There is no such thing as typical, everyday is something different and most of the time unexpected.
ITS THE NAVY
Electronics Technician United States Navy (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
See the world. Lots of travel and training. Meet a lot of people
Good place to volunteer and get some experience under your belt
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 24, 2014
This is a good place to work especially for anyone that needs to gain some experience
Learning and able to be productive on daily basis
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: learning environment and heathcare
The military is a great place to work and succeed. The military providing me the opportunity to be able to work in different environments and alongside different people and succeed together.
Diverse Workforce
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: medical/dental, meals, housing paid for.
Cons: sometimes away from family for extended periods.
20 Years of travel, Learning, Culture, has made me humble and understand the world we live in. It has been a great 20 years and look forward to new beginnings.
Great job but the Navy isn't for me.
Electricians Mate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: knowledge, health insurance, job security
Cons: far from home, lack of equality, poor leadership
I like being an Electrician in the Navy, but didn't know the job description involved sweeping water off the ship (when it's raining), and being required to learn about equipment that has nothing to do with my rate. The politics and drama as well as a lack of communication make me feel like I'm working in a high school. I'd much prefer to take my electrical – more... knowledge and apply it to the civilian life. – less
Learned many skills
Navy Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and learning experience
Cons: over worked and underpaid
I was able to work in different settings. Emergency medicine with patients who experienced heat exhaustion, stress and stroke while performing IV therapy while being swung at, while still communicating calmly with the patient trying to remind them that they are in a safe place.
Family practice- checking in patients from infants to older adults peeping – more... them for the doctor to see.
Immunization clinic- managing staff and ordering supplies while keeping military operation ready and children vaccinated against diseases.
EMT-B- nationally certified in 2006 and Driver qualified.
Pharmacy technician- helped patients receive the right medication and reinforcing teaching about medications. – less
Defending Freedom
Damage Control Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
If you are driven to defend the United States of America, then join. You will be tested to your limits on a constant basis.
Hoorah
Torpedoman (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaJuly 23, 2014
Would have stayed in for life if it weren't for developing cancer. I absolutely love serving my country.
Great Place To Work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: being away from family for long periods of time.
A great place to work, you learn so many good things from people.
Your co-workers really care about your well being.
The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
The most enjoyable is all the good places you can visit.
Most Adaptable and Exciting Job I have had
Aviation Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits, travel, expert on-the-job training
Cons: short to long deployments, family separation, low advancement ratio
-Always training whether repetative or essential to your job or the needs of the Navy.
-Everyday was a new experience towards improving yourself or your knowledge of your rating.
-So for most people this is not the ideal job because of the constant change in atmosphere or because they can not handle the stress of project completion in a timely manner.
-No – more... matter what rating (expertise) you are given, you will meet and work along different goal oriented individuals, so this could hinder or improve worker productivity.
-In addition, you are always on call for anything whether it is to stand a watch, go on deployment, or handle a situation during off-duty hours. – less
Awesome opportunity
Human Resource manager (Former Employee), Millington, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: money for college
Cons: plenty of vacation time and holidays
Jump onboard you wont regret it...excellent opportunity to travel, go places, be a better person, learn awesome new management and leadership skills.
perfect oppertunity to get on your feet
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee), norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: medical, travel
Cons: military obligations take priority
A well structure day that is easy to follow. good training and hands on experince has prepeared me for any task.
great you traveled
Police Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: management
I loved travelling to different countries, never in one place long enough to get board. shopping.
Excellent for finding direction in life.
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: advancement and stability
Cons: to much politics
Started early every morning, varying work environments and something new almost every day. Great work environment with positive attitudes and willingness to teach newcomers. A lot of micromanaging but with good leadership it is not an issue. No prouder moment than watching something you have worked on leave to protect fellow military members.
Great Experience
Boatswain's Mate(E6) (Former Employee), Foreign and DomesticJuly 23, 2014
Adventurous, disciplined, opportunity and beneficial, long hour/days, lots of holidays and 3 day weekends, 100% tuition for education.
Fun
HSE Specialist/Operations Management (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 23, 2014
Great place to be if you want to travel the world. The hardest part of the job is being away from your family.
Productive, educational, enjoyable, Patriotic
Close In Weapon System Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: education, training, discipline, leadership/supervisory skills, travel, great people
Cons: lack of time with family
- Musters to ensure everyone is present and receive orders to determine what needs to be accomplished.
- Split to group work space and conduct maintenance on mult-imillion dollar weapon systems.
- Constant teamwork to ensure the security of our ship and base in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Co-workers were disciplined but also very fun and easy to get along with – more... (Some considered family).
- Multiple days without sleep while on alert.
- Most enjoyable part of my job was to witness my weapon system save countless numbers of lives and billions in Department of Defense Assets in Baghdad, Iraq engaging incoming rocket, mortars and artillery. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more