U.S. Navy
7,578 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Best military experience
l Expert (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
I was able to experience so much of the world and protect my home at the same time. There are no words that can describe the life of a soldier.
Work environment was excellent and well presented by higher ups
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2014
Great place to obtain more knowledge in admin and computer skills
Long Hours, Good Pay
Airframes Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: pay, healthcare, travel
Cons: politics
I miss this job sometimes. Long hours, no choice of schedule, you go where they want you. But other jobs love it, and its paying for my education since I got out.
Life changing experince
Customer driven management (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2014
Mostly fun days at work. Learned how to be a professional. Management was always professional. Co-workers were diverse and fun. Difficult population. Co-workers and the work atmosphere.
It's the Military
Culinary Specialist, NAVSTA NORVA (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: long days / long work hours
Lots of hours, long days, hard work - to say the least, but the pay and benefits make it a little easier to deal with.
A great place to serve both yourself and our great nation while defending our cherished way of life.
Administration Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: excellent traning and travel opportunities
Cons: often long periods at sea away from family
The U.S. Navy has provided me the opportunity to meet and work with diverse individuals and travel to 33 different foreign countries. During my 28 year career, I transitioned from the senior enlisted ranks to the officer corps.
Great job security and benefits
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN SECOND CLASS (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: health and education benefits
Cons: not much free/family time
This job has opened many doors and opportunities for me. The educational benefits and on the job training are great. However, the work schedule is hectic and hard to balance family time with work.
Productive and diverse environment.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid days off, job security
You have to learn at a fast pace and adapt to situations. Come in contact with people for various places. May get a chance to travel and see places most people won't get a chance to see.
productive
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Productive and focus on the job and duties, always busy or learning about the our duties.
Enjoyable Experience
Communications Intelligence Collection Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed waking up each morning knowing that everyone I worked alongside made a decision that less than 1 percent of Americans make. It motivated me and I'll always have that hardworking spirit that was instilled in me in the Navy
Enjoyable place to work
Nuclear Power School Instructor (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: amazing people, awesome healthcare
Cons: inconsistent hours
My co-workers were amazing people to work with. They believed in helping others excel in their instructing duties. I learned a lot about how the Navy actually functions in the fleet, even though I have never been out to sea.
It is what you make it
Second Class Petty Officer (E-5) (Current Employee), Naval Air Station JacksonvilleJuly 25, 2014
It was definitely an experience. Plenty of pro and cons but overall I got to meet a lot of people and visit a lot of places.
Great Lifestyle for Single Adults
Operations Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, exotic locations, 30 days pto per year
Cons: rigorous training, extended absence from family
The Navy is an excellent way to start your life after high school. You gain unique experience and see places the average person will never see or understand. You get paid to visit these places also! Plus you receive access to free health benefits for life, free college tuition plus an allowance for housing (which is awesome), and experience with leadership – more... that can be implemented into any future career. – less
Military
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2014
Military service was great. I enjoyed the 10 years I spent with them.
Cryptological Technician Maintenance
Cryptological Technician Maintenance (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 25, 2014
Cryptological Technician Maintenance
Misawa, Japan
Gander, Newfoundland
Pensacola, FL
well organized
seaman (Former Employee), usaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: usa
Cons: usa
very exceptional

hard work but it paid off

got to meet many new people

teaches you a lot of good values
A very productive leader and manager.
Continuous Process Improvement Instructor (Current Employee), NAS Lemoore, CAJuly 24, 2014
I enjoy mentoring and leading people and showing them that if you take care of your personnel that the work will come. I have learned so much from everyone and I am grateful for that. The Navy has made me a better person and an even better sailor.
Fast paced environment
Commanding Officer's Administrative Support (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long deployments
There is no such thing as typical, everyday is something different and most of the time unexpected.
ITS THE NAVY
Electronics Technician United States Navy (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
See the world. Lots of travel and training. Meet a lot of people
Good place to volunteer and get some experience under your belt
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 24, 2014
This is a good place to work especially for anyone that needs to gain some experience

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more