U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 14,876 reviews matching the search
hard work, extreme measures, good culture
avation boatswains mate handler (Former Employee) –  norfolk vaDecember 6, 2016
I enjoyed the navy for its traveling experiences, hard work, and dedication. It brought me to a new level of motivation and helped me realize anything is possible.
Pros
travel
Cons
hours
The benefits make the job worth it.
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 6, 2016
It is worth it if you need the benefits. But understand you will be out to sea majority of your time so if that is what you and your family are looking for, it is fantastic.
Pros
Healthcare, retirement, food and shelter
Cons
There is no work life balance.
Productive fun place to work
Naval Instructor (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2016
Everyday is not the same day. Great pay, and travel for free. Going around to different countries and learning about new cultures is a highlight. The opportunity to serve your country is amazing.
N/a
Surface Warfare Officer (Current Employee) –  Everrett, WADecember 6, 2016
Its an experience you will not find anywhere else. Its an adventure you will be able to talk about, yet no one will be able to understand nor comprehend what you are telling them.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WADecember 6, 2016
Worked on an aircraft carrier. It was stressful more than not. Some workers went out their way to help and some to destroy people.
Efficient
CTN (Cyber Security) (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 5, 2016
The navy is one of the greatest opportunities I've ever been apart of. The school is unparallel to any other schooling out there. Only the best of the best are able to be apart of Americans Navy
Training/Mobilization Officer (Former Employee) –  USS Harry S. TrumanDecember 5, 2016
Great Job.
Learned alot and got a chance to attend college.
Team building experience.
Lots of travel.
Honor is serving our country
I was very proud to serve my country. It taught me a lot.
Machinist / Cryogenic Technician (Former Employee) –  Various local and overseas locations.December 5, 2016
It was hard work, long hours and the pay wasn't always the greatest. But, the lasting benefits and the opportunity to serve was worth it. Not one regret.
Pros
A privealage to serve.
Cons
Hours, compensation
Job of a life time
Recruiter in Charge (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 5, 2016
Serving your country in the US Navy is an experience you will never forget. I traveled the world as I gain a work foundation that propelled me in to a prized worker.
Pros
Training
Cons
Family
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKDecember 5, 2016
Best years of my life. Travel great people, exciting and multiple duty stations to choose from. Change duty station every 3 years. Meet foreigners and have fun
Pros
Great military experience travel
Cons
Away from home and family
Ample opportunities for change
Hull Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2016
The USN provided many opportunities for change and travel. The pay was decent, a typical work day was busy, and the co-workers were very diverse. The hardest part of the job was deploying and leaving behind family yet at the same time it was the most enjoyable moment in my career.
Greatest Job in the World
Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 4, 2016
Hard to write a review about serving in the Worlds Greatest Navy, so I guess I'll finish out this twenty word minimum. Apparently articles do not count.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Lots
Worth the time.
Gas Turbine Systems Mechanic, Fireman (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILDecember 4, 2016
I only did one term in the USN but it was worth the time and effort to see it through. However it isn't a lifestyle I was looking to pursue as a 20 year career.
Once in a lifetime experience.
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 4, 2016
My time in the military taught me every skill I need to know in order to perform my life as a civilian to the highest standard. The sacrifices I made were well worth it for the country that I'm proud to serve.
productive
Field Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2016
very demanding and challenging. rewarding. enough room for advancement and promotion. education opportunities. enjoyed my time there. nice family to work with.
will build you for success
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILDecember 4, 2016
The navy is a very good career with strict guidelines that will help you out later on in life. It just wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much freedom
Deeply rewarding with many opportunities for growth
Recruit Division Commander (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Training Center, ILDecember 4, 2016
My time in the Navy has been wonderful and fulfilling. The opportunities for travel, education, job experience, and life long relationships from people around the globe are unbound.
Exciting and hard.
Gas Turbine Systems Technician (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 4, 2016
This was an awesome job. Learned valuable trades. Saw the world. Met great people. Was able to live in many different states that I would never have been able to get to.
Pros
They take care of you.
Cons
Time away from family
Job security
Computer Analyst/Database Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 4, 2016
A typical day of work I did database programming and supported my department. I learned database programming. I had fantastic management to work with and my co-workers were fantastic.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
there are no Cons
Love the Navy!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 3, 2016
Joining the Navy was the best decision that I ever made! If I didn't join the Navy, I would have probably been working at a JiffyLube or something for the rest of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4