U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 14,870 reviews matching the search
Training/Mobilization Officer (Former Employee) –  USS Harry S. TrumanDecember 5, 2016
Great Job.
Learned alot and got a chance to attend college.
Team building experience.
Lots of travel.
Honor is serving our country
I was very proud to serve my country. It taught me a lot.
Machinist / Cryogenic Technician (Former Employee) –  Various local and overseas locations.December 5, 2016
It was hard work, long hours and the pay wasn't always the greatest. But, the lasting benefits and the opportunity to serve was worth it. Not one regret.
Pros
A privealage to serve.
Cons
Hours, compensation
Job of a life time
Recruiter in Charge (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 5, 2016
Serving your country in the US Navy is an experience you will never forget. I traveled the world as I gain a work foundation that propelled me in to a prized worker.
Pros
Training
Cons
Family
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKDecember 5, 2016
Best years of my life. Travel great people, exciting and multiple duty stations to choose from. Change duty station every 3 years. Meet foreigners and have fun
Pros
Great military experience travel
Cons
Away from home and family
Ample opportunities for change
Hull Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 5, 2016
The USN provided many opportunities for change and travel. The pay was decent, a typical work day was busy, and the co-workers were very diverse. The hardest part of the job was deploying and leaving behind family yet at the same time it was the most enjoyable moment in my career.
Greatest Job in the World
Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 4, 2016
Hard to write a review about serving in the Worlds Greatest Navy, so I guess I'll finish out this twenty word minimum. Apparently articles do not count.
Pros
Lots
Cons
Lots
Worth the time.
Gas Turbine Systems Mechanic, Fireman (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILDecember 4, 2016
I only did one term in the USN but it was worth the time and effort to see it through. However it isn't a lifestyle I was looking to pursue as a 20 year career.
Once in a lifetime experience.
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 4, 2016
My time in the military taught me every skill I need to know in order to perform my life as a civilian to the highest standard. The sacrifices I made were well worth it for the country that I'm proud to serve.
productive
Field Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2016
very demanding and challenging. rewarding. enough room for advancement and promotion. education opportunities. enjoyed my time there. nice family to work with.
will build you for success
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILDecember 4, 2016
The navy is a very good career with strict guidelines that will help you out later on in life. It just wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much freedom
Deeply rewarding with many opportunities for growth
Recruit Division Commander (Current Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Training Center, ILDecember 4, 2016
My time in the Navy has been wonderful and fulfilling. The opportunities for travel, education, job experience, and life long relationships from people around the globe are unbound.
Exciting and hard.
Gas Turbine Systems Technician (Electrical) (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 4, 2016
This was an awesome job. Learned valuable trades. Saw the world. Met great people. Was able to live in many different states that I would never have been able to get to.
Pros
They take care of you.
Cons
Time away from family
Job security
Computer Analyst/Database Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 4, 2016
A typical day of work I did database programming and supported my department. I learned database programming. I had fantastic management to work with and my co-workers were fantastic.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
there are no Cons
Love the Navy!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 3, 2016
Joining the Navy was the best decision that I ever made! If I didn't join the Navy, I would have probably been working at a JiffyLube or something for the rest of my life.
Excellent Benefits
Watch Commander/ Harbor Patrol Unit (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2016
Great benefits and fast promotion for hard chargers. Ability to travel the world and gain valuable leadership and professional skills through continued training.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Duty Station Locations, Training
Cons
Too much red tape
The Military raised me
CORPSMAN (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 3, 2016
The military is the single best decision I ever made. It matured me faster and gave me the ability to succeed in hardship and remain loyal to myself and successors.
I love the Navy
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2016
The Navy is great i loved my time serving our country in the Navy as a firecontrolman. I worked as a CIWS tech but the Navy also gave me other amazing skills sets to use in my real life.
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
Away from loved ones for a long period of time
Challenge of a lifetime!
US Navy SEAL (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 2, 2016
Special operator/covert missions...trained in: hand to hand combat, explosives, improvisation, firearms, survival, escape, evasion, resistance, open and closed circuit SCUBA diving. We operated by land, sea, and air.
Pros
Pride
Cons
Pay
Military
Naval Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Rita, GUDecember 2, 2016
The military is a rewarding experience where you are well compensated for the long hours required. The time away from your family is the hardest part of the job however keeping them informed of the global affect your daily actions have will help them understand the importance of your commitments.
Productive and Exciting Workplace.
Telecommunication Operator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23511December 2, 2016
I have served ten years in the United States Navy before getting medical discharge. My years in the military was consistently wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4