U.S. Navy
9,916 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Day working at the naval base Hobby shop
Recreational Specialist (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEMarch 31, 2015
Handed out tools to customers who would come work on their vehicles. Sold any automobile products that were needed for the customer. Maintained cleanliness of the bay and other work spaces. I also worked on the outdoor gear rental side. Renting out camping gear, campers, Kayaks, Canoes, boats, fishing equipment, tents for big events and rental of other various outdoor items.

I learned how to work on boat motors and other boat maintenance.
Also learned how to set up pop up campers for customers to inspect.
Love every single bit of it. Great stepping stone
Pharmacy Technician/Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), all over the United StatesMarch 31, 2015
Best choice thus far in my career. I would recommend to anyone who is looking serve his/her country. I had a great time and I definitely gain some valuable skill sets.
US NAVY
Military Housing / Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Little Creek NorfolkMarch 31, 2015
Great job and Great people to work with! loved the years spent with the military. I learned hot to be a more effective manager and how to train others.
Navy improved my life.
Advanced Network Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2015
Navy tought me the skills I need to succeed in anything I do. I have been able to manage personnel under high stress situations with the training that I have received from the Navy.
Fun work environment and work
Air Traffic Controller (Former Employee), Lakehurst, NJMarch 31, 2015
Sign on to a position and check all equipment to make sure it is working than wait for the aircraft and vehicles to come or go and make sure they get where they need to safely.
Fast paced small command
LCS CREW 102 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day of work was about 9-12 hour, 6 days a week. I was in charge of the Food Service department which consisted of 4 personnel. Patience was something I learned. This type of environment was very different than any other I had experienced in my career, at times very difficult because of the lack of personnel.
Hospital Corpsman First Class
Hospital Corpsman First Class/E1-E6 (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: The Navy communitiy.
Cons: Working hours, less time for family.
I spent 16 years as Active duty Corpsman. I really enjoyed working with my follow sailors. I spent 13 years sea duty and 3 years on shore. I loved my sea duty, I had more responsibility and I was the only medical provider for most of my deployments. I enjoyed getting to know my unit and serving them.
I set up my mobile clinic while deployed and screened & treated my patients. Dispensed medications as needed and would refer my patients to the next higher level of care if needed.
Network with the Hospitals and /or clinics at the deployment sites for routine medical items, pharmacy, laboratory and or specialty clinics in case I needed them for my squadron personal.
can be very fun
AD3 (Former Employee), last duty station GuamMarch 30, 2015
Excellent job security with an opportunity to see the world. Outstanding health benefits and vacation benefits. Advancement opportunities are good if you work hard. Index pension is good after 20 years of service.
In my experienve, poor leadership, overmannded and no room for advancement.
Fleet Marine Force Navy Corpsman (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, coworkers, pride
Cons: poor leadership
My time in the Navy was a great experience. I have learned and strengthened many skills and traits throught the years. I have made great friends with coworkers. I have experience with great leaders but unfortunatly a eqaul if not greater number of poor leaders. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to serve my country with my fellow comrades and the hardest part was just the unfortunate results of combat. The only other bad thing i have in my opinion is that the navy expects you to be a adult but they too often treat its employees like children. I was often reminded of kindergarden at times. Mosyt of my coworkers claim that the Navy is constantly changing for the worse. Overall i wouldnt change my time in the Navy and I do not regret it. I have had to many good experiences. I just want a new career that I feel like a mature adult.
Very fast pace work enviorment with highly motivated workers.
Machinist Mate (Former Employee), WashingtonMarch 30, 2015
First thing we do every morning is have a team meeting setting out the days goals. Then we split up in smaller teams and set a plan for the day so everyone has a part in the job. We also have a meeting at the end of the day to check on the status of our work if we have not met our goal everyone will stay after to finish the job. The hardest part about my job is being away from my family and not having a set schedule. On the up side the family you build with the people you work with isn't like any that you would find anywhere else.
Career in the Navy
Gunners Mate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: travel, benefits and pay
Cons: deployments
Enjoyed serving 24 years in the Navy. The experience obtained in leadership and management is a tremendous source of pride.
The world's Finest
PERSONNEL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Thank you for everything that was taught to my during my time in the Military. I have been groomed to set and meet the highest expectations of myself for the rest of my life.
Dynamic work, variety of jobs, skills acquired and required
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Diverse case load, and skill sets
Cons: Under manned
Daily I plan for the day's tasks which primarily consists of report writing, interview witnesses or interrogate subjects. We needed, I plan protective operations for personnel or physical security operations where I am the Lead Agent coordinating all movement and responsible for the operations success. I regularly interact with high level Military Officers and Prosecuting Attorneys. I participate in plans for law enforcement operations such as narcotic buys or arrests. The most rewarding part of the job is providing a service to individuals in the protection field or obtaining a resolution for victims of a crime. My job is at a small, busy office which has exposed me to a variety of skill sets well beyond my tenure. My experience in Protective Service Operations and Criminal Investigations is vast. My interrogation and interviewing skills are the best in the office and have led to prosecutions primarily based on information and/or confessions obtained during my interrogations.
great place
Petty Officer Third Class (Former Employee), san diegoMarch 29, 2015
great place too work, just make sure u get everything you can while you serve.typical day is working up to 8/10 hours a day.
Structured work environment
Airman (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaMarch 29, 2015
The United States Navy's core values are Honor, Courage and Commitment. These three principals are the basis by which every sailor lives by.
Gained Various Skills
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), VAMarch 29, 2015
A typical day involves an overload of work with limited personnel however, you will learn various skills which may be used in the civilian sector. High stress working environments, hazardous working and living conditions worse part of job. Travel word-wide enjoyable however this may be for months at a time; would not recommend to individuals planning to start a family or those with families.
Not a Job an adventure
Electronic technician Second Class (E5) (Former Employee), USS Wainwright, Charleston SC.March 28, 2015
Challenging work, bunch of great Guys
Travel
enjoyed and hated many cruises.
extensive training
Much travel
Everyone needs to try it once.
did I mention Travel?
The World's Finest Navy
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2015
After bootcamp it was pretty much like a regulat nine to five. At least until the day after 9/11, from then on for a while it was 12 hour days, if not more. Then, of course, when we were out to sea too, but that was only for twelve months out of the four year term. Other than that, for the most part we just maintained the F/A-18 Hornet jets.
Fast pace challenging working environment that tests your management skills.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Everett, WAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Management skills experience
Cons: High turn over of job transfers due to temporary positions.
High paced, turn over due to transfers.
Excellent team work support.
Managing priorities of mission objectives.
Mentor, develop, subordinates and co-workers.
Productive and enjoy very high pace
Support Equipment operator (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMarch 28, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy

I learned to take charge and be a excellent role model

Co workers were very hard working

The hardest part of the job is being assigned a task and not having the appropriate tools to accomplish the task.

the most enjoyable part of the job is to serve in one way or another.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries