U.S. Navy
7,570 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

A great place to serve both yourself and our great nation while defending our cherished way of life.
Administration Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: excellent traning and travel opportunities
Cons: often long periods at sea away from family
The U.S. Navy has provided me the opportunity to meet and work with diverse individuals and travel to 33 different foreign countries. During my 28 year career, I transitioned from the senior enlisted ranks to the officer corps.
Great job security and benefits
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN SECOND CLASS (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: health and education benefits
Cons: not much free/family time
This job has opened many doors and opportunities for me. The educational benefits and on the job training are great. However, the work schedule is hectic and hard to balance family time with work.
Productive and diverse environment.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid days off, job security
You have to learn at a fast pace and adapt to situations. Come in contact with people for various places. May get a chance to travel and see places most people won't get a chance to see.
productive
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Productive and focus on the job and duties, always busy or learning about the our duties.
Enjoyable Experience
Communications Intelligence Collection Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed waking up each morning knowing that everyone I worked alongside made a decision that less than 1 percent of Americans make. It motivated me and I'll always have that hardworking spirit that was instilled in me in the Navy
Enjoyable place to work
Nuclear Power School Instructor (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: amazing people, awesome healthcare
Cons: inconsistent hours
My co-workers were amazing people to work with. They believed in helping others excel in their instructing duties. I learned a lot about how the Navy actually functions in the fleet, even though I have never been out to sea.
It is what you make it
Second Class Petty Officer (E-5) (Current Employee), Naval Air Station JacksonvilleJuly 25, 2014
It was definitely an experience. Plenty of pro and cons but overall I got to meet a lot of people and visit a lot of places.
Great Lifestyle for Single Adults
Operations Specialist Second Class (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, exotic locations, 30 days pto per year
Cons: rigorous training, extended absence from family
The Navy is an excellent way to start your life after high school. You gain unique experience and see places the average person will never see or understand. You get paid to visit these places also! Plus you receive access to free health benefits for life, free college tuition plus an allowance for housing (which is awesome), and experience with leadership – more... that can be implemented into any future career. – less
Military
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2014
Military service was great. I enjoyed the 10 years I spent with them.
Cryptological Technician Maintenance
Cryptological Technician Maintenance (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 25, 2014
Cryptological Technician Maintenance
Misawa, Japan
Gander, Newfoundland
Pensacola, FL
well organized
seaman (Former Employee), usaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: usa
Cons: usa
very exceptional

hard work but it paid off

got to meet many new people

teaches you a lot of good values
A very productive leader and manager.
Continuous Process Improvement Instructor (Current Employee), NAS Lemoore, CAJuly 24, 2014
I enjoy mentoring and leading people and showing them that if you take care of your personnel that the work will come. I have learned so much from everyone and I am grateful for that. The Navy has made me a better person and an even better sailor.
Fast paced environment
Commanding Officer's Administrative Support (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long deployments
There is no such thing as typical, everyday is something different and most of the time unexpected.
ITS THE NAVY
Electronics Technician United States Navy (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
See the world. Lots of travel and training. Meet a lot of people
Good place to volunteer and get some experience under your belt
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 24, 2014
This is a good place to work especially for anyone that needs to gain some experience
Learning and able to be productive on daily basis
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 24, 2014
Pros: learning environment and heathcare
The military is a great place to work and succeed. The military providing me the opportunity to be able to work in different environments and alongside different people and succeed together.
Diverse Workforce
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Kingsville, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: medical/dental, meals, housing paid for.
Cons: sometimes away from family for extended periods.
20 Years of travel, Learning, Culture, has made me humble and understand the world we live in. It has been a great 20 years and look forward to new beginnings.
Great job but the Navy isn't for me.
Electricians Mate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: knowledge, health insurance, job security
Cons: far from home, lack of equality, poor leadership
I like being an Electrician in the Navy, but didn't know the job description involved sweeping water off the ship (when it's raining), and being required to learn about equipment that has nothing to do with my rate. The politics and drama as well as a lack of communication make me feel like I'm working in a high school. I'd much prefer to take my electrical – more... knowledge and apply it to the civilian life. – less
Learned many skills
Navy Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and learning experience
Cons: over worked and underpaid
I was able to work in different settings. Emergency medicine with patients who experienced heat exhaustion, stress and stroke while performing IV therapy while being swung at, while still communicating calmly with the patient trying to remind them that they are in a safe place.
Family practice- checking in patients from infants to older adults peeping – more... them for the doctor to see.
Immunization clinic- managing staff and ordering supplies while keeping military operation ready and children vaccinated against diseases.
EMT-B- nationally certified in 2006 and Driver qualified.
Pharmacy technician- helped patients receive the right medication and reinforcing teaching about medications. – less
Defending Freedom
Damage Control Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
If you are driven to defend the United States of America, then join. You will be tested to your limits on a constant basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more