U.S. Navy
7,981 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Great: I Truly grew up there
(NMCB) Project Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Hueneme CA.September 12, 2014
The Navy taught me leadership and understanding different cultures and religions no better place to teach that then in the military where you are all fighting for the same cause and everyone truly has everyone's back the comradery is second to none still miss it to this day.
Good Place to Grow
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: health care, free shelter, food.
Cons: deployments, 24/7 job. there is no real time off.
When work is available you work with a team to manage that part. Taking it in, documenting it, running it up, if no errors occur run it again. When errors are detected we would attempt to fix it. Then send the part back out to be used again.
I've learned how to manage a team. Skills related to time management, social skills and how to deal with stressful – more... situations.
The hardest part of the job is getting new bosses. Always rotating upper management makes it hard to get to know what your boss wants in terms of work.
I enjoyed the culture the most. I was part of a team; I love being part of a team. – less
Loved every single day in the US Navy
Aviation Boatswain's Mate Aircraft Handler (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2014
Truly enjoyed seeing the world and fighting for my country. Always learned so much about life by the people I've met. Enjoyed all those years I spent in the military
Serve your country and make money doing it
Lead Safety Program Manager / Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2014
Great place to work, go and see the world and learn lots of new skills.
Enjoyed Serving my Country
Electrician Mate (Former Employee), Mayport FlSeptember 12, 2014
Learned on the job. Helpful co workers. Strong bonds and friendships. Leadership was great
Development and enhancement
Navigation Specialist (Former Employee), pearl harbor hawaiiSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: dangerous
work was challenging, fun and there was plenty of room for advancement.
Excellent career path with exceptional benefits
Senior Electronics Supervisor (Current Employee), Multiple job locationsSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: extensive training, good pay, excellent benefits
Cons: time away from family
My career in the US Navy was filled with challenges that were rewarding and beneficial. The training I received was some of the best the world could offer. I was given specialized training in my field of work which I in turn passed on to up and comers. I was afforded the opportunity to visit far off lands and gain insight into other cultures and people – more... around the world. The hardest part of my job was leaving my family behind while on deployment. I found the most enjoyment with the friendships I developed over the years. I have no regrets at all and would not trade my experience for anything. – less
military
Boiler Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, vaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: seeing the world
Cons: long hard days 6 month deployments
long hard days, get to see the world and work with all kinds of people, make friends for life
Very rewarding career, as long as you are willing to make sacrifices.
Nuclear Repair Mechanic (Current Employee), Groton, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Relatively secure place to work, as long as you are okay with having your life controlled for you. Relatively quick advancement, depending on the job you choose.
GREAT CAREER WHICH PROVIDED STABILITY AND LONGIVITY TO RAISE A FAMILY
DIVISION CHIEF (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: medical, dental, leave
Cons: deployments away from family
US NAVY PROVIDES EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS AS WELL AS TRAINING, TIME OFF, VACATION, MEDICAL AND DENTAL
U.S.Navy
Boatswain Mate 3 (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: visiting foreign countries and learning other cultures
Cons: 24/7 at work for months at a time
At Sea most of the time
Electronics
Officers
Sailors
24/7 at work for months at a time
visiting foreign countries and learning other cultures
Patient care
Urology Technician (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 11, 2014
-Minimum of 80 patients

-I learned great teamwork skills

-Co-workers and myself got along well

-The hardest part is whenever we had more than 110 plus patients

-Most enjoyable part was seeing the patients being taken care of
Productive and fun workplace
Yeoman (Administrative Clerk) (Former Employee), BahrainSeptember 11, 2014
A typical work day would be from 0730 to 1600. My co-workers were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that it was all worth it at the end of the day.
Productive environment. Highly disciplined.
CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC SF (E-4) (Current Employee), Marietta, GASeptember 10, 2014
On a typical day I performed the tasks given to my at the start of the day.
It was a great learning experience, and the NAVY showed me the values of leading a respectful life.
Amazing travel and life experience opportunity
Surface Warfare Officer (Former Employee), Pearl Harbor, HawaiiSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: teambuilding, travel, benefits
Cons: time away from home
Great teamwork in a challenging fast paced work environment with an accelerated operational tempo.
Great Atmosphere
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2014
There was stable income and great medical and dental benefits.
Good people
LS3 Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, vaSeptember 10, 2014
I worked about 9 hours a day. I learned many different aspects of the supply field.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
NAVAIR: In-Service Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: hometown, rapport, unity
Cons: concurrence, recognition by industry
A typical day at work consisted of managing shop damage reports, manual changes, supporting and conducting engineering investigations in support of our military. I learned about the components and capabilities of each engine system and then proceeded to apply that knowledge to carryout day to day tasks. Management provided support when needed to complete – more... various tasks assigned and provided a detailed individual development plan. My co-workers provided a solid support group and included myself in new processes that I had yet to encounter as an In-service Engineer Intern. The hardest part of the job was understanding the partnership between NAVAIR and the contractors that are associated with the same product. The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for accomplishments of completing tasks, such as instituting Interim Rapid Action Changes and completing engineering investigations. – less
Exciting and Challenging
Seaman/Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits!, job security
Cons: deployments, all ways on the call, variable hours
Lots of travel, lots of chances of meeting different kind of people, and a chance to work with a lot of advanced equipment.
Productive and Fulfilling
GS12-2210 Technologies Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton RoadsSeptember 10, 2014
Although I can say anything bad about my journey as a DoD Civilian, as for the financial status of our government and going through the Sequester and Downsizing, I would have rather not been a part of that.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more