U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 14,388 reviews matching the search
Amazing opportunity
Fire Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2016
Could be the best or worst experience of your life depending on attitude and willingness to participate or volunteer. Leadership positions can be attained with ease and the benefits, pay and schooling are unmatched.
Pros
Schooling, pay and benefits.
Cons
Terrible foreign policy
Working on the flight deck
Aviation Boatswains Mate Handler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 27, 2016
Working on the flight deck, in general, is a dangerous job. However, there is additional compensation for that added danger. This is a fast paced work environment.
Pros
Tremendous Work Ethic
Cons
Gone most of the time
Experience of a lifetime.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 27, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day in the Navy. It is fast paced as well as physically and mentally challenging. The Navy teaches a lot of discipline and management control. Success in the Navy is attainable but through self assertiveness. During your time serving, you have different job titles and is required to work in different departments throughout the command on top of the job title you received when you joined. When providing the extra services, the Navy gives you the training you need to do these jobs and then you can collect the experience once you work in that field for a while. It also involves working with senior and junior sailors, completing daily tasks which consist of preservation, maintenance, and supervising in completing navigational tasks. The most enjoyable part was traveling to different parts of the world, as well as meeting new people and developing new friendships.
Pros
Travel, job security, free school and benefits
Cons
A lot of time away from family and friends
Great Benefits and Educational Opportunities
Cryptologic Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I will never regret serving in the United States Navy. I am very thankful for all of the opportunities I was afforded, not only from the training, but for seeing other areas of the world and learning about cultures different than mine. I highly recommend anyone to do at least one enlistment, the sense of family and belonging you get is something that you will not find anywhere else.
Everyday was a new experience
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  ShipSeptember 27, 2016
Accountability was the main thing that was instilled in us. Along with time management. Everybody was responsible for completing a certain task that was assigned with someone over looking the task.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
Being separated from family
Great Experience
Aviation Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2016
This company allowed you to learn a lot of skills. There was great chances for advancement. There is plenty of opportunity to travel and the job security was very good.
I learned a lot about duty and country
Gunners mate Missiles (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 27, 2016
I learned a lot of what is meant in HONOR while serving in the Navy and feel all should do the same We can preach about Honor and Loyalty but until one has served he does not truly feel this in their heart
The enjoyable part of my Job
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsville Naval Air Station, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I have been in the material handler field for many years.
I assist customers daily on matters of my supply knowledge.

Making customers feel appreciated is why I enjoy retail sales.
Busy, extensive hours and dangerous/hazardous work environment
Machinist Mate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 27, 2016
The US NAVY has its ups and downs but for the most part, servicing my country and helped gain the skills I need for the civilian life. Not only was I able to obtain work ethic through long and treacherous hours of preservation and maintenance of my equipment and standing watch on propulsion machinery but I learned to be part of a team and lead others as well with the intentions of not boosting myself but creating an equal environment. Learning to do obtain these skills took lots of time through trials and tribulations. I will bring experience and work ethic to you.
Pros
Experience, work ethic, leadership skills
Cons
Off-time, leave availability.
Reliable Work place (though it's just twice a month), awesome experience
Diesel Engine/ElectroMechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
An awesome opportunity to see the world and promoting the constitution of my Great Country. great opportunity to learn not only skills in your field but from other fields like fire fighting, CPR etc
Pros
Free Lunch, good health, dental and vision benefit

Want to know more about U.S. Navy?

Ask a question
Very beneficial and rewarding experience
General Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Serving my country was rewarding work, it would be tough at times but always fun and exciting. i think it it something every person should experience in their lifetime.
loved the travel
Quartermaster (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
i loved traveling the world and the pay is decent it was an amazing experience that i am fortunate to have experienced. I think it should be a requirement to serve
Saving the day one Gun and Passageway at the time.
Gunner's Mate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Wake up at 6 and worked all day maintaining the ship as well as my weapons. stood watch, cleaned, ate and protected the US from Terrorist. not much else can be said.
US Navy- Air Crew Member
Naval Aircrewman Operator (Current Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 26, 2016
I traveled the world and I met great friends that I will have for a life time. We performed regular missions state side as well as over sees. I met many different individuals from different cultires.
Productive work place
Ship Hazard Prevention (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2016
A typical day would include making sure fire fighting equipment was ready at all time. I've learned a lot of things while being in the military, attention to detail, how to handle situations under extreme pressure, and the ability to lead and follow.
Pros
brotherhood
Cons
management, away from family alot
Excellent job and leadership training
Supply Corps Officer (Former Employee) –  Mayport, FLSeptember 25, 2016
outstanding comraderie
pay is not great but gained life and career changing job and leadership skills
excellent on the job training
advancement is not great
work/life balance is lacking
one of the best jobs i've ever had
Amazing Experience
Aviation Warfare Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2016
The US Navy gave me the pride, respect, and work ethic I have now. I am proud to have served my country. ..............................................
Leadership
Hull Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Apra Harbor, GUSeptember 25, 2016
The thing that really had me get out and separate was the leadership. It was lacking knowledge and the ability to take charge of situations that could be handled a lot differently. In other situations there would be too much leadership and it would lead to multiple supervisors yelling at you for what you were told by another supervisor. Enough about that, the military is a great way to earn your gi bill and get school paid for. If you can tough it out for 4 yers then yes it's worth it.
Pros
JOB SECURITY, GI BILL, TRAVEL, PAY
Cons
LACK OF LEADERSHIP, RULES, RANKING SYSTEM
Great Learning Experance
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 25, 2016
The navy is a wonderful working experience. it gives you a wide variety of different views on the job you also get a chance to meet new people and have a wonderful working experience some days are hepatic sum or not.
great !!
Interior Communications Electrician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 25, 2016
lots of training classes. traveled all over the world. great experience. made many lifelong friends. good benefits, some lifelong

4.4