U.S. Navy
10,747 reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Great pace to work
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, paid breaks
Cons: none
However at the time that the company closed that really put a damper on all of the employees. That job was great the people the was great and the bonuses was great as well.Hard work and diligence gets you places in a company like that.
Extremely Work Driven Program
Engineering Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJune 28, 2015
A typical day in the US Navy can have you working anywhere from 8 to 24 hours straight, with the possibility of your shift starting at any time of the day or night. I learned to manage big groups of people, work in industrial settings, critical thinking and trend analysis.
Ensuring both CIWS and personnel were ready if called upon
(CIWS) - Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), IL,,CA, Republic of the Phillipines, RIJune 28, 2015
Pros: just the atmosphere of your surroundings
USNavy was a very rewarding career. Serving your country is the greatest. My experiences, some not so good but for the most part great, cannot be expressed in a review with limited room. What I gained thru the training and people I served with was most rewarding.
Get what you need and get out.
Yeoman / Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: Live to work not work to live, Idiots in management, too many rules.
The US navy is NOT for everyone. I had a positive experience overall, a lot of lessons a lot of growth, but if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have enlisted.
Meaningful work with people from all walks of life...
Logistic Specialist - First Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Honolulu (Pearl Harbor)June 28, 2015
Pros: The best benefits an employer can offer
Cons: Away from family for work on many occasion
The Navy is a great career choice if you are looking for something long term. However, it is also a great place to start your employment experience. The experience gained from working in the Navy or any of the armed forces, cannot be gained by working for any other employer in the civilian sector. Even if the Navy is going to be short-term for you, it can serve to be a big jump start in developing yourself. Lastly, the experience that is gained working with people of varied background in the Navy cannot be overstated.
great
Second Class Petty Officer, U.S. Navy (Former Employee), san diego, caJune 27, 2015
good place to work to see the world and get experience. very organized and straight forward with task and providing knowledge to succeed in your career.
Great Experence
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJune 27, 2015
Worked in the armed service for 8 years Served my country with pride and Honor I traveled the world helped with earth quake relief efforts for Haiti 2 Med tours
Incredible Moral Welfare and Travel Opportunities
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: 24 hour Facilites
Cons: Long hours in hot climates
A wide variety of Knowledge and Educational Experiences developed
International and local purchasing system in accordance with Federal Standards
National security and foreign policy objectives
U.S. Customs Service regulations
Supply Chain Management
Training and mentoring to reinforce security, community stability
Volunteer Opportunities with Orphans Teaching English
Commercial luggage and heavy equipment.
Diverse Culture Community Involvement
Hardest part of the job: Long hours in hot climates
Most enjoyable part of the job: Numerous Travel Opportunities and Sharing our own life experiences as we learn theirs
Beneficial Workplace
ARO Sales (Former Employee), Yigo, GUJune 27, 2015
The workplace was always a fun and upbeat environment. The travel and benefits of the navy was impeccable. I would recommend the service to anyone.
My naval career
Senior Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 26, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: being away from home
My days were long and fruitful. I learned to lead and manage people. Got along well with management. Enjoyed relationships with my fellow chiefs some who I still keep in contact with. Being away from family was the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable was seeing the world.
Serving your country onboard one of the best ships in the navy
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee), San DiegoJune 26, 2015
It's a wonderful ship, where you will never find the best naval crew ever, You'll never be disappointed, get up at dawn, get breakfast and muster, do work or maintenance
Travel
Security Guard (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: Lifelong skills
Cons: Not enough pay
I love the travel aspect and the friendships that were formed during my time in the Navy. I would do it again if I could. The hardest part of the job were the 20 hour work days.
Learnig Exsperience
Rigger/Operator (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 26, 2015
A very adventurous and learning experience. I learned about the different cultures around the world. Defending my country in every way possible. Having integrity and honor for my country in with honor.
Navy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 26, 2015
Navy good for you not for me
Travel is good
deployments are long
ship life sucks
if you are single join
if you are married make sure she is the one
Personnel/Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 26, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits.
Cons: Didn't get to travel.
Enjoyed all 4 years in the navy. The pay is great and benefits were even better. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for the navy.
great learning experience
Bowswains Mate (Former Employee), norfolk,vaJune 26, 2015
the navy taught me to always take pride in everything I do. It also taught me the discipline and skills to set forth in my life. I am determined to learn more and be the best at everything I do
would absolutely recommend The U.S. Navy to anyone.
Mechanic/Deckhand, USS Carl Vinson (Former Employee), USS Carl VinsonJune 26, 2015
Life aboard a ship at sea is challenging but enjoyable. you learn to work together to get the job done. Daily duties included preventive maintenance, sea and anchor detail, underway replenishment and standing watch. Chain of command was great and everyone works together as a well oiled machine. being away from everyone you know was very hard but the reward was seeing the world.
Bloated Bureaucracy
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Cumbersome work processes
Great job security and benefits and the pay is good. But the work processes are cumbersome and inefficient. Typical government bureaucracy. Nothing gets done quickly or under budget. Co-workers include both good and bad, same as you'll find anywhere else.
Great Exerience
Petty Officer (Former Employee), USS Carter Hall LSD 50June 25, 2015
Pros: Travel, Pay
This was a great job I learned what a proper work ethic is, what hard work is, and how to be part of a team. The only thing I did not like was never being home, in four years I did three tours, thats not much time on land let alone home.
great experience
Aviation engine technician (Former Employee), NAS Lemoore, CAJune 25, 2015
awesoem workers allow for a great workplace as well as a great bond between naval members. allows for expansive growth within this branch.

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries