U.S. Navy
7,619 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

Very organized and great oppertunities for advancement
BM3/E4 (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part about the Navy was the great people you work with, traveling the world and seeing different places. The hardest part is the time of day you spend standing watch, then going straight into evolutions. I learned how to refuel cargo ships, doing evolutions with the marines. I also learned light office work and training junior sailors – more... how to stand certain watches and do maintenance. – less
Love it
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 29, 2014
I simply loved the Navy. Loved the people and relationships you develop, loved the uniforms, loved the assignments.
Great place to start, build experience, build a career.
I always recommend the Navy.
a typical day at work
Cullinary Specialist (Former Employee), Mayport, FLJuly 29, 2014
would involve cleaning of all spaces and supervising personnel
Service
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST UNITED STATES NAVY (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 29, 2014
Join the united states navy to experience the true feeling of satisfaction.
n/a
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 29, 2014
• Planned, shopped for, and prepared nutritious meals and assisted families in planning the same.
• Transported clients to locations outside the home, such to physician’s offices and outings, using a motor vehicle.
• Observed patient’s conditions measured and recorded food and liquid intake.
• Feed patients who were unable to feed themselves.
• Bathed, – more... groomed, shaved, dressed and draped patients to prepare for the day.
• Checked patients pulse, temperature, and respiration to ensure a normal reading.
• Administered prescribed oral medications, under the written direction of physician.
• Performed housekeeping duties, such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands.
• Administered bedside and personal care, such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance. – less
Gunners mate.
Gunners' Mate (Former Employee), Pacific Ocean/July 29, 2014
Pros: travel the world
Cons: away from home
It was ok. I enjoyed my work and duties. I had a lot of mechanical work to do with the 5" 38 Gun mount on a destroyer.
Best military experience
l Expert (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
I was able to experience so much of the world and protect my home at the same time. There are no words that can describe the life of a soldier.
Work environment was excellent and well presented by higher ups
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2014
Great place to obtain more knowledge in admin and computer skills
Alot of experience to be gained.
Navy Hospital Corpsman Dental Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2014
They give you an education and will help you with furthering your education and get paid for it. I know no other job that offers that.
Long Hours, Good Pay
Airframes Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: pay, healthcare, travel
Cons: politics
I miss this job sometimes. Long hours, no choice of schedule, you go where they want you. But other jobs love it, and its paying for my education since I got out.
Life changing experince
Customer driven management (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2014
Mostly fun days at work. Learned how to be a professional. Management was always professional. Co-workers were diverse and fun. Difficult population. Co-workers and the work atmosphere.
It's the Military
Culinary Specialist, NAVSTA NORVA (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: long days / long work hours
Lots of hours, long days, hard work - to say the least, but the pay and benefits make it a little easier to deal with.
A great place to serve both yourself and our great nation while defending our cherished way of life.
Administration Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: excellent traning and travel opportunities
Cons: often long periods at sea away from family
The U.S. Navy has provided me the opportunity to meet and work with diverse individuals and travel to 33 different foreign countries. During my 28 year career, I transitioned from the senior enlisted ranks to the officer corps.
Great job security and benefits
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN SECOND CLASS (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: health and education benefits
Cons: not much free/family time
This job has opened many doors and opportunities for me. The educational benefits and on the job training are great. However, the work schedule is hectic and hard to balance family time with work.
Productive and diverse environment.
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid days off, job security
You have to learn at a fast pace and adapt to situations. Come in contact with people for various places. May get a chance to travel and see places most people won't get a chance to see.
productive
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Productive and focus on the job and duties, always busy or learning about the our duties.
Enjoyable Experience
Communications Intelligence Collection Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2014
I enjoyed waking up each morning knowing that everyone I worked alongside made a decision that less than 1 percent of Americans make. It motivated me and I'll always have that hardworking spirit that was instilled in me in the Navy
Enjoyable place to work
Nuclear Power School Instructor (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: amazing people, awesome healthcare
Cons: inconsistent hours
My co-workers were amazing people to work with. They believed in helping others excel in their instructing duties. I learned a lot about how the Navy actually functions in the fleet, even though I have never been out to sea.
ok
Aviation Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
good way to get your act together and figure out what you want to do.
It is what you make it
Second Class Petty Officer (E-5) (Current Employee), Naval Air Station JacksonvilleJuly 25, 2014
It was definitely an experience. Plenty of pro and cons but overall I got to meet a lot of people and visit a lot of places.

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more