U.S. Navy
7,524 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

The best place to learn a career
Radioman (Former Employee), sandiego, caJuly 17, 2014
Pros: can grow at a fast pace
Cons: some duty stations are not desirable.
There were no limits to what you do or learn. The telecommunication field can be very vast. the navy allowed us to work on some of the most secrete equipment.
AWESOME PLACE TO SERVE!!!!
Quality Assurance/Safety Rep (Former Employee), Navy, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: unlimited!!! travel, education, benefits, work environment, and locations, etc....
The navy was by far, the best decision I have ever made. I cannot put into words, the things I learned, and earned while serving in the greates Navy in the world!!!
Exciting and always busy
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), NorfolkJuly 16, 2014
12 hour shifts, learned about all networks and communication, management changes every 2 to 3 years.
US NAVY
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk VAJuly 16, 2014
Supervisor for 8 people as a shift lead and managing the break out and preparation of meals for 5000 plus people.
Difficult, but worth the benefits
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJuly 16, 2014
If properly planned, a Naval career can be rewarding. There is plenty of opportunity to travel and to obtain an education, but that takes a lot of dedication.
Best job I every had!
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2014
Processed financial reports for Seal Team 7, Naval Special Warfare Group One, Naval Medical Center San Diego, and the aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CV-64). Departmental Fire Marshall and Roving Security Watch. Assigned and kept track of government gas cards for Naval Special Warfare Group One. Establishing continuing service contracts. Executing – more... micro purchases for Seal Team 7. Executing purchase orders. Shipping and Receiving all material aboard USS Constellation (CV-64). Consolidated, maintained, and disposed of all hazardous materials (chemicals, gases, fuel, etc.) aboard USS Constellation (CV-64) – less
Best decision I have made to join
Administrator Support Manager (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 16, 2014
The Navy has helped to mode me into the individual I am today. I have learned and seen so much during my career. My management skills were taken to the next level due to the training and OJT in working with young individuals in a diverse environment.
Great for someone who likes being away from home.
Third Class Petty Officer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2014
The military is ok if you can adapt to the constant deployments and being away from your family for long periods of time.
Productive and challenging
Aviation Structural Mechanic U.S. Navy (Former Employee), San diego, caJuly 16, 2014
-new and challenging day to day basis
-best place as a stepping stone
-job security
A life changing experience that has allowed me to honorably serve my country.
Chief Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: service to country
Cons: time away from my family.
From the age of 18, I have been given the privilege to serve our country. Early on we are taught to have a work ethic above all others. We are mentored by upper management and the diverse culture allows us to grow into well rounded adults. The most difficult aspect of serving our country is spending time away from our family. The most rewarding part – more... of our job is giving back to those junior service members whom will soon be in charge. – less
great opportunity
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work would include 3M checks. Tire repairs, engine repairs. I've learned how to work on all types of military equipment and diesel engines.
Challenging and rewarding
NAVAL OFFICER (Current Employee), San Diego CAJuly 16, 2014
Working for the Navy is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. Work is fast past and intense.
Made friends to last a lifetime.
Boatswains Mate (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILJuly 16, 2014
In the military you learn how to make your bed so well that you should be able to bounce a coin off of it, properly wear the uniform, learn proper etiquette and manners, respect, and march in formation. But the best part is the morals and outlook the Navy gives you. The hardest part is being away from home, and the best is the family you make while – more... you're in the service. – less
Challenging
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, the people i worked with
Cons: long hours
Working in the Navy was a challenging job but the rewards were great. Knowing that my job was to protect this great country of ours help me to work harder.
Nothing like military experience
Fire Control Technician (Former Employee), Groton, CTJuly 15, 2014
Great experience and learned a lot about myself and life in general. studied in many classes and got in great shape. The culture and the honor that comes with service is unbeatable and translates well to civilian life in the future.
Very Buearuacratic
Naval Acquisition Development Program (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 15, 2014
Extremely nice work-life balance but a lot of red tape to get anything done. Typical govt job.
Productive and fun work place
Aviation Fuel Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free medical
Cons: leaving for months at a time
Fueling and cleaning pipe lines. The team was awesome we all pulled together and get the job completed
Corpsman (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 15, 2014
Great Place for advancement in both life and experience
Workout Prepare for the workday itself See patients and do any duties assigned for the day
Management depended on if you had a good LPO
You always make great friends that you can rely on for life
Most enjoyable part was the freedom to do what you needed to do by yourself
Highly rewarding career
Department Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits, misson
Cons: long periods seperated from family
typical day involves assignment of work priorities and goals for each day, week and month. Taking in Data and analyzing for reports to upper management. Management was direct and very team oriented. success and safety were the priorities. Co-workers possessed several different personalities making the atmosphere well balanced but challenging. all team – more... oriented for success. Hardest part of the job was knowing that mission could not always end with success. But what made it enjoyable was the attitude to strive with teamwork for greater success. – less
Great life experience filled with adventure, excitement, and hard work.
Disbursing Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2014
Great people, great pay, learned about discipline and hard work. Team work and adventure. Great experience.

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more