U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 15,730 reviews matching the search
the navy is what you make of it.
Engineman (Former Employee) –  Little Creek, VAFebruary 15, 2017
I have many great friends of which i still speak to constantly. the pay sucked but the environment gives you less opportunity to spend it if you are smart about it. also you get free rides to places you typically wouldnt see and that in and of itself is a beautiful thing
Set Sail"
US Navy Seabee, CM Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Best place to be US Navy,whether fleet on the ocean or land based units,Seabees you'll find a great adventure around the world.You'll learn multiple tasking and work beside the toughest and greatess of Men and Women,enlisted and officers.
Pros
Free Medical, Dental, travel, food, war time pay is a plus
Cons
Advancement, your own capabilities to advance in a timely manner in your pay grade.
It's the military
Squadron Ground Officer (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAFebruary 14, 2017
Life in the military is what you make of it and my experience was no different. There were good days and bad, overall it was a fantastic experience that I would do again.
Amazing Benefits and Job security
Work Center Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Overall, the navy has been a great way to get me ready for a career that I want. It can be very demanding at times, but generally very rewarding if you utilize everything it has to offer from the start.
Pros
benefits, leave, salary, education, certifications
Cons
Deployments, extensive hours
Great life experience.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAFebruary 14, 2017
During a normal tour of duty I was able to work on various types of equipment in various environments. I was able to make new friends from all over the U.S., and meet people from all over the world. At a relatively young age was given the ability to manage various personnel on various assignments, projects, and duties.
Pros
Travel, meeting new people, expericing new cultures.
Cons
On duty basically 24/7
Best Opportunity of my Life
Naval Firefighter Retired (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2017
I've made the most of my military career. With a lot of ups and downs and molding me to become a mature adult and leader! I wouldn't trade my experience with anything in the world I've learned a lot seen a lot and experienced more things that I never would've imagined.
navy
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  bahrainFebruary 14, 2017
It is a very professional work environment, but politics play a big role in dictating what individuals are capable of doing.
challenging but rewarding employer
NAVY ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  variousFebruary 14, 2017
Top notch training for the job you had chosen for you.

Life on board ships can be a blast and can also be very arduous.

Travel to places you would never have seen any other way.
Pros
Taken care of completely
Cons
Pay
Great Learning experience
Aviation Boatswain Handler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
A chance to serve your country, travel around the world, real world experience, learn skills that will benefit you in the future, great benefits like the GI Bill
World Finest
Mess Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 14, 2017
A great place to work and service your country! A place to learn discipline and develop honor, courage, and commitment. A place explore new countries, as well, learn new skills
Nuclear trained electrician
RDCD Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific OceanFebruary 14, 2017
Hours of cleaning and waiting around to be told what to do. No maintenance without hours of waiting for paperwork to be completed in order to authorize the work. Far too many wasted man-hours. Very low morale ship-wide.
Pros
GI Bill
Cons
Too many to count
If you're looking for a new direction
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The best advice I can give for anyone thinking about joining the service is, "do not serve the government, make the government serve you". Take advantage of the benefits and opportunities while they still exist. Never settle in one job or area. There is so much to see and do if you apply yourself.
Great working with all walks of life.
Acting (Former Employee) –  CaliformiaFebruary 14, 2017
Proud to have the chance to work at the side of some wonderful men and women who come from all over this great United States. Hard work and dedications goes along way when you work with great people.
Strategy and Operations
Operations & Strategy Director (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Demanding environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. This is the job to get started with transition out of the military and grow and a civilian professional.
You get what you put into it.
Airframes (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIFebruary 14, 2017
Very rewarding career depending on the President. You will receive a viable trade depending on what job the government gives you.
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  Oceana Naval Air station, VAFebruary 13, 2017
The U.S. Navy was a wonderful experience. I got to work on and learn about military aircraft. My day was aircraft readiness day in and day out. I would come in attend the morning meetings and get my assignments for the day. I would then complete my assignments and then wait for my work to be inspected for safety and readiness. The culture was like minded by everyone safety first. I learned the true meaning of team work.
Pros
Got to travel all over the world
Cons
sleeping in small quarters
Fast paced and demanding environment.
Logistics Specialist Third Class Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 13, 2017
I learned an abundance of skills and qualities from the Navy. Accountability and professionalism may have been the most important traits gained from serving on-board USS New York.
Great diverse group of people with tons of knowledge to give. Good unit leadership and a positive work enviornment.
Unit Leading Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Overall I really enjoyed my time in the navy. everyday work flow was very consistent and had a great group of people i was working with.
its the navy
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23511February 13, 2017
depends on where you are stationed. day usually starts 0700-1600. hardest part depends on where you work so there isn't just one answer.
Pros
health care/dental, tuition assistant
Cons
depends on where you work
Electronic Technician
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN, Department of Navy, (Current Employee) –  Point Mugu NAWCWD, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Fun learning environment. Constantly learning new cutting edge technology. After probationary period you have a job for life. Management is easy to talk about your professional and personal inquiries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4