U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 11,823 reviews matching the search
The Navy took good care of me and my family
Chief Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes Naval Training Center, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Before i joined the armed forces, my financial prospects were very low. The service does a great job of creating a stable environment for families.
Good benefits and job security
Nuclear Electrican (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2016
You get a lot of perks such as education, life insurance and health insurance. You get to see different places in the world. You receive training for your job.
Military is awesome, just dont get hurt
Aircraft Director Handler (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2016
worked hard at my job and was good at it. build up a lot and was taken care of, however not so great if you have a family, also got hurt and forced out due to the injury
Pros
great benefits, great learning experience
Cons
hard to move up
DOD US Navy IT department
(IT Specialist) Help Desk Tier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 29, 2016
The US Navy was where I started in my IT career. I was mentored by great people and have never looked back. I was always challenged to better myself and to think outside the box when troubleshooting major issues like crippling outage. This have helped me significantly throughout my career as an IT Professional. I learned how to work under pressure as an individual and how to manage and be apart of a team.
good place
Supervisor/Senior Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 29, 2016
This is the most ridiculous things I have ever done. I don't need to review all my past jobs. Please remove this as a requirement. waste of time.
amazing place
Port Operations Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station, CAJanuary 29, 2016
love everything about it .the travel was super fun and the people made it so much better. I would recommend it to everyone right out of high school.
Great Experience
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2016
The United States Navy was a challenging and rewarding organization to work for. I have learned so much about Logistics, Management, and myself throughout my time in the Navy.
Ok
Weapons Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bangor, WAJanuary 28, 2016
Good benefits, you get to meet all sorts of people and experience things that only a few people will ever get to see. The benefits are going to change, they just don't know when.
The experiences have been incredible. It was an honor to serve my country.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day in the Admin Office for me was me being the first one to arrive in the morning. I'd unlock my desk, look at my calendar and lastly my "to do" list. After that, I'd get started on my list if there were no phones to answer. I learned that when you are trained to do a job, you perform that job to the best of your ability. Being assistant manager was rather easy. When I trained and coached my subordinates the correct way, the work got done. The hardest part of that job was leaving my finance (now my husband) because we'd always seemed to literally "miss" each other. When he was in the U.S., I was overseas and vice versa. The most enjoyable part of the job was going overseas and not have to be deployed to a ship while making extra, tax free money.
Great training and work experience
Electrical Division Leading Petty Officer (Current Employee) –  GuamJanuary 28, 2016
I learned and developed a lot and gained many personal and professional relationships. I missed a lot of time with family but gained experiences which I will not get anywhere else.
Pros
Professional developemnt
Cons
Personal time
It was okay
Electronics Technician-Repair (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Spent a lot of time away from home: four war time 8-10 cruises during the Viet Nam conflict. I had the experience of a life time but it did take its toll.
its adventure
Information System Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 28, 2016
work and clean on your ship. that the navy will teach you a lot. great management. awesome co-workers. being away from home. getting to see the world.
Pros
meeting people and traveling
Cons
being away from your family
Great place to work depending on commandl
Communication/Radar Technician Second Class (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 28, 2016
Hardest part of this job is being away from family. Traveled to many interesting places. A typical day at work is hit or miss depending on the your command.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long deployments
Work environment
Marketing and Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Serve country: Duty, Honor and Service. Great experience and job skills and ability to travel and meet interesting people.
Pros
Serve country, Job skills, Travel
Great Experience
Operations Section (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Classified information, cannot give any details. Great people to work with, very challenging opportunity. Wonderful experience, will miss a lot, but excited to move on with my life and career.
A great way to get qualifications and experence
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I had a lot of fun and gained a lot of experience while working for the United States Navy.I would recommend for others to look into it. It is a great way to show your patriotism for your country and learn many skills through the process.
Pros
Education and Trainning
Cons
Binded by a contract
Great place to work and learn. Travel and meeting people was the best experience
Division / Production Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2016
24 years in the Navy seemed like moments. To many experiences to pinpoint one, over all time was well spent and the management experience was the most valuable!!
Pros
Great experience, training was exceptional, pay was very good and opportunities were abundant
Cons
time goes by too fast.
motivation
Information System Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 27, 2016
small group of people working for common goal. Exposure to all aspects of rating due to being responsible to overall equipment. As long as you have a good attitude and mentor, you should have no problem with the exams.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
time away from family
Good experience. Plenty of job diversity
Civil Engineer Corps Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2016
I joined the Navy immediately after college. I found my work challenging, rewarding, and interesting. Compensation was excellent
Pros
Compensation
exciting and fun
Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed my job as a Hospital Corpsman in the United States Navy. There is a great pride in serving and protecting our Country.

4.5