Pros: great learning opportunities and job security.
Cons: limited financial advancement due to being active duty military.
• Hospital Corpsman responsible for the care of active duty military personnel, family members, and eligible beneficiaries undergoing inpatient treatment on the Internal Medicine Ward.
• Duties included day to day nursing care to patients ranging from general oral and intravenous medication administration, phlebotomy, patient hygiene and assistance to staff nurses and physicians.
• Performed diagnostic radiologic exams on adult, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
• Performs diagnostic imaging on pre-op and post-op patients using portable x-ray machines and equipment.
• Adapted and learned new protocols quickly while substituting for other Radiographers.
• Provided patients with explanation of exams ensuring proper patient safety and comfort throughout procedures.
• Full Time staff Technologist
• Performs 12 –15 neurological, musculoskeletal, and abdominal studies per day. Procedures includes, diagnostic MRI imaging, Magnetic Resonance Angiography, Magnetic Resonance Arthrography, 3D Isotropic imaging and reconstruction, Diffusion Weighted and Diffusion Tensor Imaging, dynamic and manually administered contrast enhanced imaging.
• Provides age-specific care, education and imaging procedures on adult, adolescent, pediatric, neonatal, and geriatric patients ranging from ambulatory to anesthesia sedated patients, on an outpatient, inpatient and emergent basis.
• Exercises initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in performing daily activities in a high volume setting with over a 1500 exam monthly workload, while maintaining a perfect – more... safety record and professional level of care.
• Provides expert patient care during pre-screen interviews as well as educating patients on exam procedures ensuring proper patient safety and comfort throughout procedures.
• Volunteered 6 off work hours per week mentoring Radiography students in advanced modality MRI exams and routine studies.
• Subject Matter Expert served as liaison to instructors at the Naval School of Health Sciences X-ray School program for actual case studies in a high stress battle field hospital environment – less