U.S. Navy

11.3K reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Provived effective career and life training
Personnel Specialist, Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2015
Gave me the proper tools needed to excel. Also gave the motivation to further my education. Ability to travel and see different parts of the world which also helped me have a positive outlook on my personal and professional life.
Family-like environment
Deck Seaman (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: traveling
Cons: distractions
i had the best time of my life. i traveled the world. Helped people. Made friends. Sometimes i wished i had stayed in. I will never forget the people i met.
Great career path to help me with future plans
Aviation Maintenance and Re-fueler Management (Former Employee), Oceana, VirginiaAugust 23, 2015
Pros: travel, benefits, stable environment
Cons: deployments
Provided me with the opportunity to learn and advance my skills in the field of aviation and fuels. Taught me how to be a fantastic team player, also how to become a great leader.
excellent
Work Center Supervisor / PMEL Technician (Former Employee), the worldAugust 23, 2015
loved working for the UNITED STATES, obtained excellent education, and further advancement. not to mention seeing the world.
Electronics Technician / Reaction Force Team Leader
Electronics Technician, Reaction Force Leader (Former Employee), United States of AmericaAugust 23, 2015
Troubleshooting, repair, install radar and communications systems all throughout the ship. I was also on my ships reaction force team and eventually became the ships Reaction Force Team Leader.
Military and great benefits
Traffic Court Clerk/Bailiff (Former Employee), Bremerton, WAAugust 23, 2015
Great way to mature. The military provided great benefits and consistent pay. Great way to grow provide and grow a family.
US NAY
Operations Specialist - Task leader (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 23, 2015
• MAINTAINED OPERATIONAL AND LOGISTICS RECORDS BY USING LOGS AND THE USE OF THE NAVAL AVIATION LOGISTICS COMMAND MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (NALCOMIS).

• MANAGED INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE, ASSEMBLY AND OVERHAUL OF AIRCRAFT HANDLING EQUIPMENT WORTH $11+MILLION.

• REPRESENTED THE ASSIGNED MARINE AIR DETACHMENT (MAD) IN TEAM (NAVY) DRIVEN TESTING SORTIES.

• WORKED WITH SENIOR ENLISTED AND WITH JUNIOR OFFICERS TO ENSURE THAT FLIGHT OPERATIONS WERE EXECUTED IN ACCORDANCE TO THE FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA) WHILE STATIONED WITH VX-9 AIR TEST AND EVALUATION SQUADRON NINE (AIRTEVRON NINE).

• TRAINED JUNIOR ENLISTED SAILORS AND HELPED THEM WITH THEIR CAREER DEVELOPMENT NEEDS.

• PROVIDED LOGISTIC AND CONTRACT ASSISTANCE TO SQUADRON WHEN DEPLOYED.

• ASSURE REQUIRED TEAM TRAINING WAS ACCOMPLISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS.

• DETERMINE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES RELATED TO WORK PERFORMANCE OF ASSIGNED SUBORDINATES.
Better have your head screwed on straight!
USN Recruit. (Former Employee), Great Lakes, IllinoisAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Then swim portion of training.
Cons: The meeting of people you do not car to associate yourself with.
Relearning to be a sailor takes dedication and discipline from professional people. Fun and exciting at the same time for me and the people you meet are fun as well because of the variety of them you work with.
Great training
Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits and promotions
Cons: low pay
We would ensure the security and integrity of DOD networks using specialized tools created for the job. Our teams were called upon at to help assist other agencies and some private sectors with any intrusions that their IT administrators would encounter.
Unpredictable and very challenging workplace.
Aviation Boatswain's Mate Equipment (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, tuition assistance, and housing assistance.
Cons: Long work hours due to deployments.
Very good organization to join if you are looking for a challenge and rewarding benefits. I've learned to work with a diverse group of people, manage time, and adapt to many different work environments.The hardest part of being in the Navy is being away from my family for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to travel all over the world.
A wonderful job for adventure and excitement
Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2015
I was able to travel the world and see many different cultures. It was a wonderful way to know and understand many different view points and thought processes.
Highest level of Healthcare training possible
Health Systems Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Educational Training
Cons: none
During my time with the Navy I was able to learn every aspect of healthcare in a clinical, hospital, and field setting. The knowledge I learned during my time with the armed force played a vital role in events that took place around the world. Prior to retiring from the armed forces I was considered and expert in all areas of healthcare.
HIGH PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT WITH EXCELLENT TRAINING
PETTY OFFICER THIRD CLASS (Former Employee), VIRGINIA BEACH, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: BENEFITS AND THE PEOPLE
Cons: NO CONS
WONDERFUL FEELING KNOWING YOU'RE HELPING KEEP YOUR COUNTRY AND IT'S CITIZEN'S SAFE. LEARNED HOW TO ADAPT TO HARSH WORKING ENVIRONMENTS AND TO GAIN THE RESPECT AND TRUST FROM BOTH HIGHER AND LOWER INDIVIDUALS. CONSISTENT TRAINING HELPED KEEP EVERYONE ON THEIR TOES AND IN PROPER WORKING ORDER. PULLED NUMEROUS LATE NIGHTS AND DAYS WORKING WELL OVER 12 HOURS EACH DAY.
no longer in existance
GAS TURBINE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: lots of fun co-workers
Cons: low pay
No longer in in business. was a very fun place to work. Good co workers and good management. interaction with the customers was always the high point of the day.
Its The Military!
Machinist Mate Submarines (Former Employee), Groton, CTAugust 21, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I recommend the military for every youth, it truly is a great place to start. It instils the best in the person including job structure and discipline.
To serve and to protect
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaAugust 21, 2015
The life in the military is not meant for all, however, serving some time in the Navy you learn to bite your lip and to serve honorably knowing you are there to protect the freedom's of everyone else.
great way to grow
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), variousAugust 21, 2015
The military was an amazing experience and I would never have changed my decision if i had to do it all over again. I believe it has tailored me into an outstanding individual and has taught me the importance of work ethics and respect.
Professional and Highly Productive Leader
Leading Airframe Mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Rewarding, Respect and Learned Invaluable skills
Cons: Difficult to advance/ Medical
I manage a work center of 36 people. My daily routines are to prepare a workload for the day, up-keep the flight schedule for 11 helicopters, train and manage junior workers along with implementing safety and qualifications.
I have learned to multi-task, make quick decisions, manage effectively, process improvement, time management and to be flexible.
The best part of my job is mentoring and training all the people who have worked for me and to be able to see them grow. The hardest part of my job is not being able to meet missions or manpower.
Extremely fast pace working environment
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2015
Fast pace working environment. Everyday something was different. I never knew what to expect when I showed up to work. I had to be very flexible with my work schedule and had to complete all task by the end of the working day.
Military
Yeoman Second Class (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2015
I love this life style. Military formed me to be a punctual person and made me honor commitment. I love my country and am very proud to have served my country.
Headquarters