U.S. Navy
8,017 reviews

U.S. Navy Employer Reviews

good experiance
Yeoman (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 9, 2014
I really grew a lot in those years. I wish now I had stayed in. But such is life.. we live and learn
Great for high school grads
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 9, 2014
If you just got out of high school its a great way to get into the work force is to join the military. it gives you time and resources to figure out what you want to do with your life.
Busy Labor and Delivery Unit
Registered Nurse- Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2014
Worked night shift as charge nurse on busy labor and delivery unit
submarines
Submarine Sonar Technician Instructor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2014
submarines go under the water, that is all................................................................
US military
Petty Officer ABH (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work was long, but very rewarding.
I learned how to be confident in life.
My co-workers had my back in all that I did.
Hardest part of the job was being away from family and friends at extended amounts of time.
The Navy
CTR "C" School Instructor (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
The military is not for everyone but the navy is a very easy job in general.
Aviation Electricins Mate
Aviation Electricians Mate (Former Employee), Kāne‘ohe Bay, HISeptember 8, 2014
Hooooyaaahhh!!!!
Loved the Navy, its a good ole boy system though so make sure you get qualified and manage your own advancement opportunities. The people who get capped usually aren't very deserving.
Office Administrator
Assisting military personnel (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I work in the chaplain office and I love it. I was train in the military as an administration personnel. So my admin skills is great. There was always task daily that keep me busy and I enjoyed. I was also train in local security, small arms and the supply field.
It's an adventure
Machinist Mate (Former Employee), USS Brooke FFG-1September 8, 2014
Pros: see the world
Cons: time away from home.
you have no say so in where you go. Yes you have a dream sheet but, they put you where they want you.
you get to meet all kinds of people
Powerplant Superviser
Powerplant Work Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Kaneohe, HISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: late hours
work was enjoyable to do, and the experience is awsome.
great professionalism, and just being involved with aircraft was awsome
Working aS a Team. Getting the Job done.
Administrator, HSC (Current Employee), Naval Base, VASeptember 8, 2014
Working envirnoment is very hard working. always getting the goals for the day done. Learned how to multi task and set goals. Get work ethic.
Wonderful place to work
Sonar Technician (Former Employee), Damneck, VASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: the life experiance
Cons: choices to do in the military
operating sonar systems, deployments to other places and operation of Ships

Learned a lot of the world and sonar equipment

Management was great excellent leaders

Co-workers were great team players

hardest part of the job was the deployments

places I went was the most enjoyble
Long Hours, Competitive Work Centers, Motivated Team Members
Avionics electrician Technician O level (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours, and weekend duties
Getting too work early everyday, with no set time of getting off. Performing stressful tasks inside time windows. Everyone is expected too look out for each other regardless of position. Repair and troubleshoot maintenance on multiple aircrafts a day. Daily, Weekly, and Monthly inspections performed with "by the book" expectations.
Away from home
Surface Warfare Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2014
Good place to learn leadership skills. Too much time away from home.
Life changing
Master at Arms (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: pay
Enjoyed my time with the Navy. Showed me alot of defferent things and changed my life.
Lots of work for little pay
Nuclear Propulsion Plant Operator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: 16 hour days, no such thing as overtime in the navy
You're on call 24/7 and they can send you anywhere they want to anytime they want to.
Great benefits, loved the traveling.
Weapon System Manager, Trainer and Evaluator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits.
Cons: spend months away from family.
The training is non-stop. I saw parts of the world I would have never seen if I had stayed in my home town.
Good stepping stone.
Cryptological Technician Technical (Former Employee), Bremerton, WASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: -great people -lifestyle -structure
Cons: - limited chances at retention - advancement -stress on family
Great group of people with large ambitions with a hindered ability to advance due to circumstantial limitations.
Interesting Experience
ADMINISTRATOR/WEAPON SYSTEM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Bangor, WASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits, with unbeatable vacation time, job stability, consistent pay, routine, and great travel opportunity
Cons: not enough pay for the work you actually do, taxing if your boat goes through a major maintenance period, long deployments, rather monotonous when underway, inconsistent leadership
The upper management played a huge role in my growth when i first came to the boat, however, when i left the chain of command was completely different. That's the thing about the navy. Everyone rotates and you'll never know what kind of person you'll get to replace them. I don't have any advice to the upper management because they could've never prevented – more... the kind of predicament the Navy as a whole put our boat in. My advice would be to the navy and fix the recruitment and retention process to ensure quality personnel maintain in the workforce. – less
Great Place, Loved it!
Bachelor Enlisted Housing (BEH) Manager (Former Employee), Bremertonn, WASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, travel, advancement, adventurous
Cons: away for family long periods of time, long hours
The best experience I have ever had. I would go back in a minute. Everyone should Enlist and do at least the minimum tour. You can experience everything you want a more. Travel, great work environment!

About U.S. Navy

The US Navy maintains a variety of military equipment like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, surface warships, – Read more