U.S. Navy Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,941 reviews matching the search
It was very fun place to work
Boatswain Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
What I learned from military wok was, you have to finished you job on time and safe. the hardest part of the job was, be away from families, and the most enjoyable part of the job was, That most of the people used to take care of you and make jokes etc.
Excellent education, and training
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 18, 2016
I'm a proud veteran of 20 yrs. I was able to use all of the various types of heavy equipment and skills over seas and in the states. I constructed roads, culverts, bridges, Quarry's. And other various things.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Deployments
Rewarding experience
Aviation Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  Fallon Naval Air Station, NVJuly 18, 2016
Received training and life experiences that are likely incomparable to any normal job. I've been to places and met people that I will never forget. The long deployments and time away from family are only reason for leaving.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
The epitome of teamwork and friendship
Culinary Specialist 2nds Clas (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
Throughout my 11 years in the Navy, I can honestly say that for all the different jobs and people that made up the population, the common goal of protecting the country and building strong life-long bonds is like no other establishment. The Navy is a wonderful and beneficial career and a sense of pride , belonging , and honor comes with the territory.
Pros
free medical and dental, paid travel (deployments), great pay, and freedom
Cons
sometimes long hours are asked of you, the amount of immature kids that join
Great Place
Second Class Petty Officer E5 (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
The Navy was a great learning experience for me. Helped me grow as a man. The navy gave me a great experience to travel the world.
Productive workplace with colorful people
Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
Paperwork was the main focus so I got a lot of experience filing, but once everything settled down, it was a very easy going place to work and communicate with others. Everyone I worked with was unique in their own special way, so everyday wasn't boring. It can become stressful, but the challenge is what kept it interesting.
Great opportunities to grow as an individual and gain experience.
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJuly 18, 2016
The hours are long, the work is sometimes difficult, but the United States Navy paid off my student loans, gave me new skills, and introduced me to some great people.
Serving my Country
Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
I learned that in the military there are no individuals but there is a team. The military life is a sacrifice but also rewarding at the end.
Max Opportunity
Information Technology Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
The US Navy provides max opportunity to grow not just as an individual but as a true professional. The experience you gain from serving will follow you throughout your career no matter what field you choose.
Fast pace
Aviation Machinist Mate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2016
Must be highly motivated. Pay attention to detail. Its the small things that matter most. Must beable to work as part of a team.
A career field filled with adventure.
Operations Supervisor / Secret Security Clearance (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2016
Operate and monitor communication detection systems essential for controlling air, ground, and naval operations. Duties include maintaining and relaying critical communications between air, naval and ground forces, relaying command center information to high level military and government decision makers. Monitor surveillance and detection systems, interpreting and evaluating tactical situations and making recommendations to supervisors.

Plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services.
Cons
Life skills, training, exporing the world
Rescue Swimmer and Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2016
The Navy gave me the experience that I needed in order to be successful in today's society. I enjoyed the discipline that motivated me to pursue my goals, and better myself.
hard work and a sense of accomplishment
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the military because I traveled often and had plenty of work that gave me a sense of accomplishment. I worked hard and was recognized for it making E-5 in four years.
Pros
part of a great team and sense of accomplishment
Cons
low pay until higher rank
Making America Greater One day at a time
Avionics Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2016
While serving my country in the United States Navy, I had the pleasure of meeting some of the most amazing people I've met in my life some of which I'm still in contact with today. I learned how to perform maintenance on aircraft, as well as travel the globe.
okay
U.S Navy Gunners Mate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 17, 2016
Most enjoy working with my weapons!
learned alot of selfless service and self control.
hardest part is family separation.
Pros
weapons
Cons
work schedule
Military
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2016
Everyone knows that the military is a tough job but to do this type of work you have to be a certain type of person. Overall, the military isn't a bad job just takes a lot on family time and away from your everyday work.
Pros
traveling, good money
Very structured
Contracting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 17, 2016
The Navy is extremely structured and focuses mostly on finding strategies to stay within the organizations financial budget.
Pros
Community
Cons
Too structured
A lot of work for little compensation.
E6 CULINARY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu HIJuly 17, 2016
This job can be a enjoyable experience but it comes with a lot of baggage. You can work 18 plus hours a day for months straight and you will still be paid the exact same as working 0 hours a day.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
long hours, bad home life
Usn review
Deck Seaman (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time serving my country. I was authorized to maintain mission vital equipment. Thousands of units of life saving devices. The job was fulfilling and character building. I wouldn't change it for the world.
Pros
I was able to travel
Cons
Time away from my family
The Navy was the best thing to ever happen to me
Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2016
There was a time when I was lost in the world, not sure which direction to go in. That's when I decided the best thing I could do was to join the military and the Navy was for me. To be honest, it wasn't easy, there were a lot of days I questioned my decision, but in the end the Navy was the best thing to ever happen to me.
Pros
Honor, Courage, Commitment, Responsibility, Accountability
Cons
Away from family for long periods of time

4.4