U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Found 15,827 reviews matching the search
US Navy
Technician for Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit TWO (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job is finding motivation in things other than yourself. However, you will enjoy everyday in the uniform.
proud to serve my country and be submerged in the military aviation field
Aviation Machinist Mate (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAFebruary 20, 2017
once again another classified job involving secret clearance and classified information. Great coworkers and a lot of diversity and ethnic backgrounds to appreciate. Management was always changing but always mission minded and professional. Hardest part of the job was long extensive work days. Most enjoyable part of this job was performing flight line maintenance and operations involving F/A 18's!!!
Pros
benefits, housing, travel, type of work
Cons
long extensive hours
Great career path
Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 20, 2017
Great working for the United States Navy. Excellent career path, great benifits. Good to get a good start in life . Free education and benifits as long as you commit to
The service
Love the children
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAFebruary 20, 2017
Although working with children is a rewarding experience, working at the Dalhgren cdc is not. After months of racial prejudice, harassment from management, and being falsely accused and disciplined for simply doing what is asked of me and required in my job description.I had to resign.
Pros
children and teachers
Cons
management
30 year Career - up and down like everything else
Senior Chief Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  World wideFebruary 19, 2017
My 30 year career with the United States Navy was wonderful and awful. I served during four wars (Vietnam, Desert Shield/Storm, Kosovo, and the Global War on Terror). I went in at 19. The Navy forced me to grow up. I did. What I learned there prepared me for the rest of my life. I am grateful for it and would never want to go back there.
Loved my time
Boson mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 19, 2017
The navy was amazing. Travel, great friends, interesting people, long work hours, night watches suck, not a lot of down time.
Pros
Free food and logging
Cons
Gone
It is the military
2nd Class Electronics Officer (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIFebruary 19, 2017
The military is a good way to grow up and understand the different types of people that you might be dealing with in the world. I learned a lot, but advancement was limited on a timed basis, and many of the chiefs are stuck in a middle management mentality.
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
living at poverty line
You learn a lot
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I have seen and learned a lot. I enjoy meeting lots of new people and seeing the world. There is always a goal be achieved and things top see. I love it.
Pros
Fast paced
Great work experience
Dental Technician/Hospital Corpsman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136February 19, 2017
The Navy was a great job for me. It taught me to work hard and I feel like it made me a hard worker and an asset to any team with the skills that I learned.
Great learning experience
Gunners Mate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2017
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and met some really great people. The United States Navy taught me about discipline, hard work, and perserverance.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, call backs on days off
Go travel they said, see the world they said.
Aviation Support Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 18, 2017
Went on two deployments. Saw the Pacific Rim. My job was taking care of the equipment that helped take care of the jets. Work schedule was 12/12, which means 12 hours work, 12 hours of hopefully sleeping. Sometimes GQ would interrupt that, but overall it was fine.
Once in a lifetime opportunity
Aviation Ordnanceman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I loved every minute of being a sailor. I wish I never decided to leave. I wish I could re-enlist. I miss being apart of a family, being part of something bigger than myself.
Good friendship,team effort always
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2017
Prepare aircraft for flight, launch, recover aircraft, a team effort no individual acts.Long hard work but it was enjoyable I have made life time friends and memories.
Pros
all benefits
Navy
Fire Controlman Second Class (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2017
Deployments can be long, but it is easy to get into a routine. The worst part are yard periods. There isn't always enough accountability so people are able to get away with no doing their jobs, which can really mess up your own career. Evaluations also can be based on favorites vs actual job performance.
Pros
Benefits are great. Family like atmosphere and life long friends.
Cons
lack of accountability, time away from home, lack of integrity.
n/a
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2017
Served as an electronics technician. Got to see the world. Typical workday was doing preventive maintenance on air search radar. Co workers were excellent.
Pros
got to see the world, good travel
Cons
too much travel. No life
Fun and Frustrating
Machinist Mate (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Not one bit do I regret joining the military. I've received plenty experience, networked, met some amazing people, and have plenty or references. However, it is government ran. At times it can be slow and it takes forever for command needs to be met.
Pros
people, opportunities for growth, to travel, and be apart of something historical
Cons
Long days, funding
Great opportuniyies and it was a privilege to be part of the US. NAVY
NAVY RECRUITER, QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2017
The Navy was a close community, which encouraged teamwork to complete tasks. The Navy taught me how to manage time, build morale, work as a cohesive unit, among many other skill too numerous to list.

The main focus of my day as a chief was to make sure our Navy planes were released safe to fly. I accomplished this through strict quality assurance maintenance, monitoring and ground safety programs. As a Navy recruiter my main focus was to prospect for qualified candidates.

The hardest part of the job was extended time away from family, however it was fun to experience new counties and cultures.

Thank you for your consideration.
Pros
Travel, Advacement opportunities, retirement plan, medical/dental, education, on the job training.
Productive and Fun Place
Boiler Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Advancement and over manning issues
Many areas to grow the program leadership pending on the particular drive on one.
A very diverse community, gaining the ability to learn and try many different team building tools
Pros
See the world
Cons
Time away from family
Fun
Airmen (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 18, 2017
Good for the 2 weeks of summer you will be working there. Relaxing environment and the more energy you have, the better experience you will enjoy.
Reliable Employment with great benefits and room to grow.
Boatswain's Mate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Begin the day by getting together and going over the day and executing the plan. I've learned patience. I'm one to always try to include management in all aspects of the day. The hardest part of the job was having to be flexible with the military schedule. The most enjoyable part of the military was the life long friends I have made.
Pros
Medical, Dental, Allowances
Cons
Flexability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4