U.S. Navy
10,446 reviews

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

Master-at-Arms
Master-at-Arms (Former Employee), Multiple InstallationsMay 21, 2015
Pros: Respect for the uniform, great pay and benifits, great hours and great people to work with, travel is a necessity
Cons: 14 hour shifts, standing post, your duty is the first level of defense for all military instalations and territories
Great Asset to our Forces. Master-at-Arms is a Security/Law Enforcement position that comes with great responsibilities. Contact your local recruiter for more details on this position.
Positive enironment with a sense of fulfillment.
Chief Petty Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Pros: organization, stability, compensation, travel
Cons: work/life balance
Transitioning on June 1, 2015 after 24 years. Great organization. A place where you will learn and grow. Job brings new challenges daily that you must adapt and overcome. Believe in education, training and making leaders. Have experience, trained individual in place for on job training to help you learn and to be successful.
trial and tribulation but i made it through
Airman Apprentice (Former Employee), San DeigoMay 21, 2015
Pros: Being apart of something bigger than yourself
Cons: Treated like you have no control over your life at the present time.
II prefer not to write about my personal encounter with the shi specially, but ill say this. I saw many hard working citizens/ soldiers and i was proud to work beside them
Great place to learn a good work ethic
Military Police Officer SUBASE NLON (Former Employee), Groton, CTMay 21, 2015
- I worked 12 hour shifts, doing water and land law enforcement patrols of the installation.
- Learned many traits, leadership, supervising, gun safety, attention to detail, mentoring, and the list goes on.
-The hardest part of the job might have been the long hours away from my family and the lack of man power to pick up the extra slack when needed.
- Meeting new people and interacting with men and women from different parts of the world was a plus side of the job. Also learning to become a better person from the things that were taught to me.
Great Job
Cryptological Technician Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2015
It is a great job that allows people to grow to their full potential.
The Navy gives Americans the chance to make a change on the global front, which is a great thing.
Excellent career for education
Medical Assistant / Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsMay 21, 2015
Pros: Prepared for success
Cons: Too much time away from home
I've personally had on-the-job training for multiple jobs other than the one I signed up for. This gave me many skills and made me more marketable outside of the service.
very diverse workplace that promotes, team work, health and physical fitness
Management/Leadership (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJMay 20, 2015
Pros: affordable health care
Cons: relocating every 3 years
A typical day at work involves providing first class customer service to our internal and external customers. Providing training for the junior personnel and developing them for future leadership roles. The hardest part of my job is assigning every teammember in the right job where they are challenged but able to be successful and at the same fulfil the organization's mission. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see Sailors enjoy what they do and getting promoted.
responsibility and advancement
Chief Machinist Mate (E-7) (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and travel
Cons: N/A
improved management skills and advanced training. Enjoyed meeting new people and places during my 23 years of enlisted service.
Productive and leadership building environment.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great job prospects and opportunities.
Cons: time away from family
My 10 years of naval experience has taught me to be a leader, to learn to organize my time better and how to make the most of any stressful, bad situation.
Great learning expirence
Seaman Recruit (Former Employee), Great Lakes, ILMay 20, 2015
you learn how to handle different situations in life and its a great place to learn different job skills that you normally need a degree for and you can get paid while you go to school
Serve your Country
Welder (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2015
U.S. Navy is an amazing way to start your life. You have many opportunities to fulfill your dream job. Go SEEBEES!! I've learned how to weld and got many certificates.
Great learning experience and stepping stone
Instructor (Former Employee), Groton, CTMay 20, 2015
I was able to teach new sailors out of boot camp on how to become efficient mechanics.I learned how to adapt to teach to each individuals learning style. At any given time I was in charge of over 30 students at any given time.
Amazing Journey
Supply Master Chief (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2015
Great career, hard work but with a strong work ethic and the willing to lead by example, it was a great 23 years!

If you take care of the personnel that work for/with you, they will do great things...
Overall great experience
Quartermaster, Second Class (Former Employee), Norfolk Naval Station, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good builder of character, excellent benefits
Cons: Unreliable schedule, poor communication within departments
My experience while on active duty was very positive. The work environment was always challenging, which I appreciated. This job also really helped me to work very hard for my personal goals.
An adventure
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Patuxent River, MDMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good miltary life.
Cons: Long family seperation times.
For people who want to see the world and who have Honor, Courage and Commitment. If you cannot uphold Honor, Courage and Commitment, the U.S. Navy is not for you!
The sense of honor and pride one feels when serving this nation is immeasurable.
Hospital Corpsman (8506, 8404) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2015
The United States Navy provides an excellent demonstration of teamwork, quality, pride and motivation! The best part of this experience was meeting people from all different walks of life and knowing that we all had something in common: the desire to serve our country!
You're either military or you're not.
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Oceana Naval Air station, VAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed salary, potential pension, excellent benefits
Cons: Unbearable lifestyle, ranked highest stress job (enlisted), potential danger
What is there to say? If you can survive 20 years of it, then you'll receive a paycheck for the rest of your life. No guarantees there though. While you're in, the benefits package is great.
great experience/fun
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Coronado, CAMay 20, 2015
best place I have ever worked in my life. great benefits and pay. travel. great eperience all around. only problem is that advancement for chief is difficult.
Very productive and hands-on
Aviation Machinist Mate (Former Employee), Lemoore Naval Air Station, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, possible relocation
Cons: extended deployments
- you can work 8-24 hours a day
- most co-workers are positive and motivating
- hardest part is frequent miscommunication and being eligible to go out on Deployments.
- Most enjoyable overall workplace is camaraderie
Torpedo Man TM1 (Former Employee), New Haven, CTMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with weapons and serving my country. The experience of being in the Navy changed my life and I was able to help impact the lives of others.

About U.S. Navy

Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer – Read more

U.S. Navy Salaries