U.S. News & World Report

U.S. News & World Report Employer Reviews

OK if you're not bothered by the concept.
Writer-editor (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: friendly staff that seemed enthusiastic about what they were doing
Cons: aggregation/evaluation model doesn't contribute anything new to the body of information about cars.
I was hired here to work on their autos website, which basically involved aggregating information about cars from other websites that actually tested the cars. Then we would write summaries of the other sites' reviews and assign the car a rating based on those reviews. I did nothing more than any car buyer could do by surfing the web, although I suppose USN&WR felt it was providing a "one-stop shop" by collecting all the data in one place. Still, as an experienced editor and journalist I was very uncomfortable rating cars I had never driven, and I left for a more satisfying job at the first opportunity.
Fabulous place to work
Vice President, Dir. Worldwide Advertising Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Pros: owner and president were great!
Cons: really none!
Took USN from bankrupt to highly profitable for 20 years. Enter the internet and the rest is history!
Good work place
Senior Mail Clerk/Driver (Former Employee), Washington dc 20009May 8, 2012
Pros: great job lots of fun
Cons: down sizing
First job it was fun work there for thirty some year. I learn a lot about how deal with peolpe. I went to all kinds of goverment agency to pick-material for the editors at the magizine. The hardest part was know hardest part i love it. They down sized and let me and fifteen other workers go.
Productive and not overly stressful
Sales & Advertising Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2012
A young environment with most employees in the Sales/Advertising department being in their mid to late 20s. As an intern I have been given freedom to learn skills and assist in projects that fit my interest in sales and advertising.

About U.S. News & World Report

Founded in 1933, the weekly national news magazine U.S.News & World Report is devoted to reporting and to analyzing national – Read more