U.S. News & World Report Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work but room for improvement
Advertising (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2013
This is a start up environment couched in a legacy company. Fantastic work/life balance and kind and driven coworkers. The work can be dull at times and compensation is lower than other competitors. Management is pretty flexible but sometimes lacks a clear vision.
OK if you're not bothered by the concept.
Writer-editor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 14, 2013
I was hired here to work on their autos website, which basically involved aggregating information about cars from other websites that actually tested the cars. Then we would write summaries of the other sites' reviews and assign the car a rating based on those reviews. I did nothing more than any car buyer could do by surfing the web, although I suppose USN&WR felt it was providing a "one-stop shop" by collecting all the data in one place. Still, as an experienced editor and journalist I was very uncomfortable rating cars I had never driven, and I left for a more satisfying job at the first opportunity.
Pros
friendly staff that seemed enthusiastic about what they were doing
Cons
aggregation/evaluation model doesn't contribute anything new to the body of information about cars.
Productive and not overly stressful
Sales & Advertising Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2012
A young environment with most employees in the Sales/Advertising department being in their mid to late 20s. As an intern I have been given freedom to learn skills and assist in projects that fit my interest in sales and advertising.
Fabulous place to work
Vice President, Dir. Worldwide Advertising Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2012
Took USN from bankrupt to highly profitable for 20 years. Enter the internet and the rest is history!
Pros
owner and president were great!
Cons
really none!