U.S. Pipe

U.S. Pipe Employer Reviews

it was a job
Production Technician (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALMay 29, 2014
It was a okay job the training was like I though u was to be trained but I had to learn things on my own an didn't really get help from my trainer
Potential Lifetime Career
Sales Representative (Current Employee), USMay 18, 2014
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: travel
Potential for decades long employment, so long as advancement isn't in your plans. Streamlined management limits potential upward career movement.Friendly coworkers, but company policies are old, outdated and slow progress.
Enjoyed the time i worked there,have no regrets.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 8, 2014
Pros: great team of people, good insurance and pay scale.
Cons: constantly noisy and heavy lifting .
In my 22 yrs,watched a company grow and expand and was treated with respect and have nothing but thanks and praise to say about U.S.Pipe.
it's a excellent work environment
Foundry Worker (Former Employee), bessemer,alFebruary 12, 2014
-Operated Cupola, Alloy station. Skimming station, and the Pouring station.
-Operate hand-controlled mechanisms to pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds to produce castings or ingots.
-Skim slag or remove excess metal from ingots or equipment, using hand tools, strainers, rakes, or burners; collect scrap for recycling
Awful place to work
Forklift Driver/ melting department (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALOctober 28, 2013
Cons: everything is bad
I was in the melting department. On nights all the reviews above are garbage. You do not have a home life there. The supervisors are good ole boys that treat only there friends with respect. The hr department are corrupt and go by there own rules. There is no room for advancement becouse they are union which means you can only bid on a job and can only – more... move up if it's a bad job overall bad place work bad work values and the place deserves to be shutdown. – less
A great place to work for
Production utility worker (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALOctober 14, 2013
All employers have been great to me I have been able to support my family.
Great atmosphere that contributes to learning
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALJune 11, 2013
I learned a great deal at this company and worked with great people. Nothing but positive experiences.
Very great place to work
Processing Supervisor I (Former Employee), bessemer, Al.March 9, 2013
Pros: hours were great
Cons: night shift
Make sure that what needs to be done is done right, always. was in charge of production and safety. Management was great.
challenging and rewarding environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Union City, CADecember 6, 2012
Pros: safety awards
Cons: health care benefits
In the early morning test machinery to make sure it was ready for production. Followed by employees group meetings to discuss work orders and appropriate actions to be taken.

I learned how to manage time and make employees more efficient for the company,to solve problems with employees . I was also send to training to be more efficient in computer – more... because I also did the ordering for the maintenance dept.

The hardest part was terminated an employer.

Hardest part of my job was terminating and employer.

I enjoy assembly machinery and reading blue prints. Putting machinery from the beginning. – less
Burlington Pipe and Foundry
Millwright/Heavy Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Burlington, NJNovember 4, 2012
The Plant shut it's doors after over a hundred years of production in 2008.
productive
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALOctober 17, 2012
Its a 12 hour job some days some bad. I learned a lot about my craft. I have great management they help me a lot.The hardest part to my job to me is the long hours but i make it.
Typical plant job with a lot of maintanence problems
melting technician (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALAugust 1, 2012
Pros: free uniforms, free backpack
Cons: have to pay 90% of insurance
My typical workday consisted of a 5p.m to 5a.m shift. I learned every job in my department and I have been offered a leaderperson position. My supervisors and managers were very moral people whom I have grown to love. the hardest part of my job was working 7 days a week 12 hours with no off time.
Great work environment with substantial benefits.
crane operator (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: compensation and benefits.
Good experience working for a well known employer. I learned alot of valuable skills and how to operate various equipment (forklifts, pipe cars, and grinders etc.). Safety was a big factor along with quality production.

About U.S. Pipe

We offer a wide variety of products and services for Treatment Plant and Industrial Plant piping systems. We provide detailed – Read more