U.S. Renal Care Employee Reviews

Multiple responsiblities
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 15, 2015
Calls, assisting patients, provide supportive counseling and referrals. I enjoy talking to the patients and providing needed assistance and supportive counseling. There are multiple responsibilities for social workers, besides referrals and supportive counseling. I also assist with transportation, and educate patients on treatment options and advance directives. I assist patients with applications and insurance needs. I assist with transient services for those going out of town and for those visiting our clinic. I have learned that life is short and each day is precious.
Pros
the patients
Cons
multiple responsibilities
Great work place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXSeptember 25, 2015
I enjoyed helping all patients. If you have a passion for helping others, PCT is the position right for you. It's also a fun learning experience.
renal care location norwood
management (Former Employee) –  cincinnatiSeptember 17, 2015
Calling for hiring manager and i keep getting the run around to get in touch with her one person said call on monday the other said call on tuesday let me say this i will call next week on those days if i get the run around again this company will be up for a fight DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT I WILL WIN
Pros
training
Cons
poor management liars on staff answering phones
Horrible place to work
Pct (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2015
I don't even know where to start. This is the worst place I've ever worked. This company is NOT about the patients. The patients are just a dollar sign to them. They could care less how these patients are treated by staff ,RN doesn't listen to a patients complaints and results in to a full on code (pt didn't make it) . Many complaints to the FA (When we have one) and still nothing gets done about it. Charge nurse spends her time smoking all day . Never assessing the patients the whole treatment. Not caring that 90 percent of the patients are grossly over their dry weights without any patient education . All you hear is "bring them in for extra treatment"....ya well of course it's extra money. Let's patients verbally abuse staff and also threaten the staff members life. HR does nothing about it FA does nothing about it. If you call to higher ups (corp)then you get repremanded for doing so. FA cuts our hours just so her bonus check is bigger. No employee recongition. No holiday parties "only if the staff pitches in with each other). I can go on and on .I've never worked for a place that is so horrible.
Pros
They train you to become a PCT so you can find better
Cons
Pay, benefits and management
Good Job/Great Manager
License Practical Nurse/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  toledo ohioAugust 11, 2015
I really like working at this job pt's are great management is great to work for good steady job! learn on the job fast pace no down time
Pros
manager
Cons
can get boaring
4 FA's in Four years
RN (Former Employee) –  northridgeAugust 8, 2015
This clinic has had four FA's in four years. The odd thing that all of them were given bad reviews upon their "resignation".

"If EVERY body else is bad, then maybe it's you."

Review this clinic's four year, Poor One star rating (CMS), then make your decision.

Protect yourself, Protect your license.

Ask around first, or you will wish that you did.
Pros
It's a bridge job
Cons
High civil, liability, and license risk. No support, Poor leadership, Cut throat environment.
Horifically poorly managed
Administrative (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 25, 2015
There is no competent management.
The "training is a joke".
Patients are routinely ignored while alarms for blood pressure go off.
Charge nurse is to busy stuffing her face with food and cussing out other staff to attend to patients. Charge nurse has no idea how to open/read email or input correct patient data into the EMR and fails to document patient incident reports.....
Blood cultures drawn on 5-6/30 patients and yet NO DOCUMENTATION of this high rate of infections in the EMR for these patients as revealed in chart audits (nurse fails to observe proper PPE)........
Medications are out of date, as discovered by state surveyors.
Techs are scheduled for long hours without breaks so the FA (facility admin) can hide in their office and play on their cell phone.
The regional director is a big FAT joke (literally), she flits around in violation of corporate PPE policies on the patient care floor talking about her drunken parties with friends and her experiences with patients who have died in her presence (YIKES).......so many obvious CMS violations every visit........and she wastes time micromanaging how the secretary files rather than getting much needed office equipment (fax/copier) approved....
I think this information will be shared with the state to help avert MORE patient deaths in York, PA.
Pros
None.
Cons
Hostile and abusive work environment on many levels.
poor
Pct (Current Employee) –  ohioJuly 17, 2015
Demeaning, untruthful, unfair management that promotes a non Democratic culture and rules by Bullying employees and showing obvious favoritism to others. Very unhealthy work environment due to hours and management.
Pros
the patients
Cons
all the above. poor pay and management
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonMarch 19, 2015
Good and friendly staff and patients. Doesn't feel like you are herding cattle all day. Overall good pay and steady work flow, and minimal over head from management.
Very poor management, great pay, poor environment
intake representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2015
Worked for the CBO in plano, loved the first department I was in (reconciliation ). My manager and supervisor were absolutely awesome. Transferred to spread my wings. Management changed, department went absolutely down hill! You give your all, all your energy, and your life takes a back seat to your job. Very political, became a sad, toxic, depressing place to be. Sorry do not have anything positive to say about the company anymore. HR has the manager's best interest in mind. Taking issues to HR will not help you. If you want a life, happiness, and your health this isn't the place for you. :)
Pros
pays great, decent benefits
Cons
very poor management, poor environment
Better to have experience
RN (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 13, 2015
If you are new to this field, they train you and you can make a good money.
But the management is poor.
That's why everyone wants to leave this company and get a better place.
Not good benefit also.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
poor management
A nice work place
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2014
A typical work day was ok, came in and did my job, helped where I was needed, nice co-workers.
YAY
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonOctober 8, 2014
I am writing another review for the same company. I dont have much other to say othter then they are great
Great Pay/ Horrible place to work
PCT (Former Employee) –  NYMay 14, 2014
Worked here for 4 yrs, was asked to leave due to personal differences in patient care policies. It was an unsafe work atmosphere, long hours, you gave your life to the company and helped at every chance, and company was ungrateful for your help and efforts you gave to them.

No HR support, you had to call to the HR dept and got voice-mail with no return call Saw at least 7 FA come and go through one clinic, and huge turnaround with employees.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS ALWAYS REWARDING BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ONLY VERY HELPFUL TO OUR PATIENTS BUT WER ARE LENGTHENING PATIENTS LIVES. I HAVE GAINED MORE EXPERIENCE BEYOND MY REPUTAL BACKGROUND IN MEDICAL RECORDS. I HAVE GAINED EXPERIENCE IN THE LABORATORY AS WELL AS EDUCATION ABOUT END STAGE RENAL CARE. MANAGEMENT IS TRUELY ABOUT PATIENT CARE AND MEETING THE PATIENT'S NEEDS. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS SEEING THE PATIENT'S IN PAIN AND/OR DEALING WITH DEATH. BUT IT SO REWARDING TO WORK HERE BECAUSE WE ARE A PART OF EACH PATIENT'S LIFELINE.
Assistant Director of Nursing
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2013
Great, small organization-provides quality care. Enjoyed my quick stay, but decided it was time to make a change.

2.8