U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Employee Reviews

Great, Capable People
Honors Student Program - Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2017
Lots of opportunities to learn, trainings, great leadership, benefits, and a whole lot of professionalism and expertise to go around. Important work that makes a difference, and a great pace to do the work.
Challenging, rewarding, and fun
ATTORNEY (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2017
During my 27 years as an attorney with the SEC, I worked numerous investigations involving a variety of fraudulent investment schemes engaged in numerous industries. In each one, I learned something new about the industry, about human behavior, and about myself. While every workplace has its warts, and the Ft. Worth office was no exception, I had a great career and worked with many outstanding, knowledgable people.
Pros
Encouraged working independently as well as collaboratively.
Cons
Government bureaucracy.
productive and fun environment
Senior Fusion Middleware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2017
productive and fun environment
work culture is good
using latest technologies
fast paced work
very good to work with several teams
flexible work hours
Sec
Program Specialist SK-11 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2017
Assigned at your own pace to work on projects given due times. You can utilize training course as needed. It is a diverse agency. SEC is the a friendly organization to work for that is determine to complete the mission of the agency.
Good Benefits, erratic work flow
Senior Fellow (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2017
Mandate and workflow often interrupted by political interference and budget issues. Internal groups often competing for attention and "credit"for overlapping accomplishments.
Great group of individuals
Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
The SEC is a great place to work. However, this is a contract position and there hasn't been any full time openings due to a government job freeze. In the event a full time positioned was offered I'd be more than happy to work here.
Contractor
Executive Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2017
I have enjoyed working here as a Contractor. I would like a permanent position here as it is very challenging work with hard working and dedicated employees with great management!
Productive, and a hardworking environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2017
I loved this job, it's one the of the jobs I very much enjoyed. Everyone was nice, and friendly and fellow co-workers were also helpful. I would work here again if the time came. My tip is to remain professional and come to work happy, and prepared for business.
Pros
Friendly people, amazing environment
Great Place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
I am an intern and the amount of knowledge I have gained in a short time is great. Everyone is open to sharing insights with you. Experienced staff does not shy away from mentoring you and giving suggestions
Awesome and wonderful place to work
Team Lead/Project and Knowledge Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20549April 10, 2017
A great place to work for and a great place to work. Its located in a great area and public transportation in a very short walking distance. I would work there again.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2017
Low stress environment, good co-workers, manager very hands on and listens to feed back, suggestions, and ways to improve work situation.
Good work-life
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2016
The commissions office is full of friendly, smart people. The application process is very competitive and interviews/on-boarding may take several months.
Pros
Rarely work weekends
Cons
Attorneys think they are good managers. Budgets are set by congress.
Great analyst experience in a non-competitive field
Student Honors Program Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Although I was only an intern here for a few short months, interning at the SEC opened my eyes to the possibility of fraud analysis as a career. I learned a lot of hands-on experience as well as worked directly with analysts themselves.
National Institutes of Health, Help Desk Analyst
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work, great team to be apart of

Occasionally provides backup support to other members of the team
Support Blackberry & iPhone
Excellent Workplace Environment
Accounting Technician III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2015
Excellent environment with supportive management. Development is key and the enjoyable part of this job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from each one of them.
Great place to work and make connections
Honors Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2015
Great people and many great connections to be made, however a bit of a slow work environment.

Projects were a bit dry and culture is not very friendly. Despite this, many great things to learn and all people are very smart and most are willing to help.
Pros
Free time, suppotive, smart coworkers
Cons
unpaid, dry work
Great work environment
BROKERAGE FIRM AUDITOR, BRANCH OF BROKER/DEALERS (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 23, 2015
Government jobs are great for advancement, security, and pay scale. This position was a bit stressful dealing with brokers and brokerage firms, but all in all, a very satisfying and rewarding job.
Decent place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2015
I enjoy working at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission however the support staff doesn't get the recognition that they deserve.
Great Place to Work
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the internship during law school. I was provided substantive and engaging work, while learning from highly intelligent attorneys.
Tough Work Environment, Little Room For Advancement
BUSINESS AND SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2015
Employees not listened to, no value for corporate culture. Some of the most talented staff I have worked with, yet employees were under-engaged and under-utilized.
Pros
Modern office furniture, gym in the basement.
Cons
No job security, little room for career advancement.