U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Employer Reviews

Nice location and people
Receptionist - Contractor (Current Employee), CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: contract work
Interesting branch of the U.S. Government to work for. Federal employee culture not as prevelant at SEC as in other agencies.
Great place to learn
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2014
As an intern I did research and writing about securities law. The Internship was also heavy on Doc Review. The permanent staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone was always willing to help the interns learn and slow to give out destructive criticism.
Productive and hands on internship
Investment Management Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2013
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: unpaid internship
Great internship. Worked with numerous of external audits in the investment management department. Confidential information
Educational and interesting
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 6, 2013
I had the wonderful opportunity to intern at the Division of Enforcement and the Office of Administrative Law Judges.

At the Division of Enforcement, I worked on a variety of projects, I had the chance to observe on a deposition, and to contribute to an actual case. The staff at the SEC were extremely welcoming and helpful, and offered me invaluable – more... career experience.

The Office of Administrative Law Judges gave me a chance to explore another aspect of an SEC proceedings. At the ALJ, I drafted judicial opinions and orders, attended administrative hearings, and edited and reviewed the opinions and orders written by the three administrative judges. – less
Challenging and a place you can get hands on experience
Research Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: willing to teach you; knowledgeable and informative co-workers
• Assisted in the on-site compliance examinations of broker-dealer to determine adherence to federal securities regulations.
• Supported the assessment of the regulated entities' financial statements and the accuracy of their regulatory filings.
• Researched and analyzed examination-related data and records by using internal database.
• Drafted examination – more... findings and recommended course of actions to the examiners.
• Assisted in the creation and modification of excel spreadsheets for standardizing all examination records.
• Managed communication with examiners, enforcement officers and other case related parties. – less
Lots of free time, but poorly managed and lots of red tape
Investigative Paralegal (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: you don't have to do much work and get an absurd amount of time off
Cons: red tape, bad management, barely being allowed to think for yourself
Stick with the private sector unless you absolutely need more personal time.
Nice location
User Support Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee), DCMay 16, 2013
The Securities and Exchange Commission is conveniently located at Union Station. I worked as a contractor under CACI for the Division of Enforcement and enjoyed my years as a User Support Specialist for the Division.
govt agency
Legal Intern, Division of Enforcement (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2012
serious