U.S. Security Associates, Inc.

U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,103 reviews matching the search
Late pay, short pay and it's always the fault of 'corporate' people that you've never met.
Guard (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2016
As soon as you start trying to get paid, you realize you need to find another job asap before your credit, your rent, car payments and the rest of your bills are gonna take such a hit that you could end up homeless before too long.
Pros
Decent posts. Cool management.
Cons
Pay. Basic survival.
it was job.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Working for U. S. Security and Associated was a up and down days. I would go to work with the intention of doing my job. my post was not being properly supervise and my co worker didn't care about doing there job the right way all they was there for was a pay check.
Fair place to work for young people.
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Fair place to work...low wages but the business is not profitable either. Not a very friendly environment. New management may be able to fix the issues.
not productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Wouldn't recommend to anyone the company cares nothing about there employees , they take forever at the head office and never answer there phones , my first check was lost I couldn't receive it until four days later
Pros
paid every week
Cons
they couldnt locate my first check
I would NOT recommend this company!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I worked for this company about a year, And they are TERRIBLE. The lack of communication you have with the corporate office in Jacksonville is horrible, The company does not value their employees. They more so just look at you as a number they can replace within a day. Their VERY good at messing up your pay, or not compensating you for the work you've done.
Pros
Good Bennifits
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2016
There's a lot to learn and there are good employees willing to help you learn what needs to be learned. Management is ok but they will work with you if you become sick. Busy workplace
Well paced job and great hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Worked very good with co-workers and Independently
-I enjoyed my job
-Escorting, walking , Watching monitors, Making sure areas was safe, Evacuated people when necessary.
Pros
Great hours and work environment
Cons
No increase in pay
Work in progess
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 29, 2016
This company is still fairly new to the game. There is a lack of communication between the field and the office. My advice to management is to hold field managers more accountable for staff issues instead of just sending them to the office to be dealt with.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Communication between the field and office is very poor
Good company
Micheal Slamowitz- Rover Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2016
You get to meet a lot of interesting and fun people at your positions, especially for Rovers. However, there is no sense of stability as sometimes your schedule comes to you as early as Monday, or as late as Thursday evening (End of Pay Period). That being said, your supervisor will work with you on that and do their best to work around YOUR schedule.
not a well paying contract company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 28, 2016
They do not appreciate all you're hard work and effort you provide to the contract company. U.S. Security also will not pay all you're hard work clocked in. overtime was not payed for.
Great
Captain (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 27, 2016
Good job. good pay. staff satisfactory. upper management was lacking but is better now. they have really stepped up on that.
Terrible Management
Robbery Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Management has inflated ego, wanna be cop that couldn't hack it

Pay not on time nor correct for hours worked.

Disorganized
Review
Supervisor (Corporal) (Current Employee) –  Woodlands,TxJanuary 23, 2016
Work started at a fast pace everyday. I learned time management and how to manage various personality types of my co-workers. Management was easy to get a long with and had a very structured environment in which to operate. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace and the challenges that each day presented.
Great company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 23, 2016
Not much to say really. Great company, well run but not much advancement opportunities. It's good if you need money or want experience but I wouldn't advise a career out of it unless you expect to reach top management.
very unprofessional and unorganized
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
The company is very unorganized and unprofessional. if your a flex officer you don't get a guaranteed 4ohrs and when a supervisor calls last minute like they do all of the time. if you aren't able to make it they will get mad or have an attitude and wont call you for most post.
Pros
no pros
Cons
unorganized. always messing up your checks. supervisors flirt with the female officers. unsafe post
ok company no growth opportuunines at all
Shipping Clerk for GAF Materials (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 21, 2016
my work day was always changing but there was some good people there. Completing all BOL for Loads in and out of the Plant. Also complete Rail Car Orders for South Shore pick up at GAF. Verifying all the loads going in and out of the plant. Also Payroll Services for the plant. I work with all Microsoft systems and Carrier Point Dock Master, and QVT Varnet system for load varying.
Lpa
loss prevention (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Got hired through the phone no interview then kept getting pushed back weeks to do my inprossesing then when I got got hired they messed up every pay check. I got paid 20 hours for 80 hours of work....best part 3 months of working there they lost my contract for the bussniss I worked at.
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad managment
emt. security
emt (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 18, 2016
was assigned to a company as an emt. but instead was added all hr duties plus emt duties. answering phones, taking in mail. passing out badges, making badges.taking in all call offs for plant employees.you do more hr/receptionist duties than ever emt duties, and to top it off your only a mfr. due to not having equipment to be a emt. so you know the drill use em or loose em skills. they make you pay 150 for uniforms plus 50 for background check. this comes out of your pay until they get 200. they say you will get your deposit back on uniforms
ha what a joke. took em over 4 months to get me uniforms. and i got them as i was leaving the company to go back on the road. i still have never got my deposit back for them. so be warned. no room for advancement either. no pay increases. the pay you are brought in at is it. management was a mess. two many chiefs and not enough indians. not one would communicate with each other. oh and as emt your in charge of everyone so if someone doesnt show up for their shift you better be ready to make phone calls. because your in charge after 3pm. all mgmt works 1st shift only. cant leave for food your stuck at main desk being a receptionist. pay was ok not great but ok. benefits was only insurance and you get stuck with a chunk missing out each month if you elected it
if you had any issues with paycheck or other stuff could never get answers from corp office in atlanta ga. nor regional office in detroit.
Pros
sit at a desk instead of an ambulance
Cons
pay could be better, give raises after 90 days. better benefits
Lack of communication
Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2016
There is a lot of problems that develop due to the fact that those in the office have a lack of communication with those in the field. They just tell us where to be without much information as to what we should be doing once we get there. It is a good job if you are in school or continuing your education. There are post that one can work on assignments and such with no one else to answer to...There just needs to be more communication with those in the field so that we know the expectations of the client that we are trying to service.
n/a
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2016
typical day at work is great except dealing with certain supervisors. my co workers are great, i have no problem with anyone i work with.