U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,366 reviews matching the search
great place to work, very detail oriented great place for advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day would be to check around your designated area to ensure its secure. I have learned all the precautions to take in case of theft or any emergency. Then I learned how to write up reports of any incidents that may occur. I was not a manager however I would have loved to had the chance to advance in this field. The hardest part about this job would be the dangers that comes with it. Then you have to always be on high alert and aware of what is going on every minute during your shift. Finally, I loved the pay and the chance for advancement, and the opportunity to learned all the security procedures that comes with security.
Pros
various breaks and friendly people
Cons
long hours, staying alert, walking a lot
It's a good security company to start with.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I like the company I just want better benefits a chance to advance and make more money they will work with you great training and hours . I get plenty of overtime if wanted the employees help out by taking your shifts if you need time off. The supervisor looks out for their officers if family emergency should occur.they will place you close to where you live if you don't have transportation.
Pros
Good shifts and locations
Cons
Benefits and moving up in the company
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2017
The most horrible place to work. Managers act like snobs who don't need to help you succeed in this field. They were more upset that you would ask for help rather than provide it.
N/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Lack of leadership all around. The company fails to supply their officers with competitive pay or even the equipment needed to do their daily shifts..
Great environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Providing customer care, the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing a client happy to finally able to get on their feet and move forward in taking control of there everyday life.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Not enough hours
ok place to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2017
i honestly loved my job. the company that we contracted through is very unfair. they didnt like me from the start bc of personal issues between one of their office people and i.
Pros
very nice people
Cons
management horrible
Fantastic at the site level. Upper management, not so much
Security Officer / AM Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I was lucky to find a good site with a great boss. Unfortunately, our upper management barely acknowledges our existence. Getting uniforms or other gear is like pulling teeth, I've been waiting multiple years for replacements. Benefits are sub-par, but sadly normal for the contract security industry.
Pros
Good co-workers, environment and great boss
Cons
Little to no communication with management
fun work place
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Great play to work, great co-workers, great management , learned many things in my position while i was there, the store that i was at was great
Pros
working alone
Cons
no growth
this job is not worth having because of all of the bs
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
i would not recommend this company certain sites had bed bugs still dont know if they are gone got bed bugs in my own car company would not even reinburse me for my costs always having payroll issues this is by far the most unorganized company i have ever seen louisville ky 01/18 2017l
Pros
good money for most part
Cons
management is absolutely worst ive seen
fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 18, 2017
a good place to work and it has good benefits. Also the work environment is peaceful not a lot of distribution. All you do is check in and out of employees.
Job ok
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2017
not steady, get moved around alot, you have to travel distance wise to get good money, management was very pleasant and good to work with but just not a stable job
Good environment
SECURITY OFFICER & TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Checked all door and checked on the lobby receptionist to see how they doing. Make Sure all key works, Checked the Gym and the Kitchen there is no hazard area.
Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Good profession. Company has good training programs and plenty of opportunities for advancement . Plenty of opportunities to make over-time pay. On the negative side: it is hard to do enforcement of any kind some officers are not willing to abide by the rules themselves--lack of consistency on security guard level.
Pros
Advancements, pay above minimum wage.
Cons
Dealing with people who don't think your job is necessary, people who dislike enforcemnet, clients who dislike enforcement but are forced to do so because of government policies
Easy to get into
Patrol Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2017
With poor supervision and management; a complete lack of site specific or continual training, this is only a job and not a career place to work.
Pros
Easy to get hired, have an opportunity for county sites
Cons
no training program, complete lack of supervision and management
Stay away
Security Officer/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  404 N. MayJanuary 16, 2017
They try to cheat you out of money and don't have good jobs.They tell lies about what's going on and give you the run around. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Challenging
Security Officer / EMT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJanuary 16, 2017
My typical day on the job is transporting employees to their location that they need to be to work. I then drive around and scan points for around. I check environmental areas for anything that is not supposed to be there. The employee who is ahead of me is a dictator and wants control of everything. Some of my co-workers are team players and some are not.
Cons
Constant fighting and bickering
Worked at the gate house.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 16, 2017
As vistors were coming to vist the residence i would ask them to provide me with they're identifcation i would also call the residence to approve access to the communtiy , i would also watch over the security cameras making sure no theft or violence it going on. Me and a co worker would take turns switching from the gatehouse to patrolling the community. There wasnt a particular part of my job that was hard but the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that the community was safe and i was doing my job correctly.
Sites was good to work at, benefits not good
security guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2017
Worked for them for 7 years and never an encouraging word always critical. And they will hire anybody the one I worked felt like she could come in when she got ready and I wound working a double shift!
Cons
Disrespectful supervisors, disrespective coworkers, benefits not good
NO job security. Bull company
did not accept (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIJanuary 15, 2017
met with the area director, offered receptionist position, later the local manager said the job had been also given to someone else you have to pay for your own drug testing, criminal background test and uniforms. there is no communication between management to employees. look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Cannot be more disappointed
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2017
As a military veteran, I have had a lot of experiences. Many good, others bad. However, I have never worked for a company that treats their employees so ill. The work environment is hostile, the operations, branch manager, and HR are all incredibly unprofessional and terribly misinformed. These people are clueless about their jobs and even worst at conducting themselves as professionals. I recommend some other company but not US Security Associates. Perhaps other branches are okay but Branch 206, Stockton/Sacramento branch, is the worst place I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Promotion, Leadership, Communication, and much more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Security Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6