U.S. Security Associates, Inc.

U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good
Security Officer (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 27, 2015
It was a wonderful job experience and a great job opportunity . The encouragement you get from the co-workers is unbelieveable.
ugh
Security Guard (Current Employee), Brewton, ALJuly 26, 2015
Pros: FINE MEN WALKING THE PREMISES
Cons: this job sucks all together
nothing about this place screams excitement except for the workers and truck drivers. unless you're down on your luck run away. DON'T plan to stay long if you're looking for weekends off. your hours will be cut if you ask for a day off.
Interesting and Professional Place to Work
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 25, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Salary
Enjoyed interaction with executives, visitors and contractors. Enjoyed front desk visibility and location. Appreciated the overtime hours available.
Good company, I would work for them again if I had to.
Security Officer (Former Employee), DenverJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Review really says it all
Cons: Communication is some times mixed, it's not their fault, but it happens
Always need help, work with you and clients to find best fit.
Do offer opportunity for advancement.
work around school/college.
A typical work day? Well depends on your client, and they will train you for that and make sure you are a good fit.

They know how to hold on to Contracts!
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Corona, CAJuly 23, 2015
It was a very terrible place to work, the worst part is the management didn't care about you. They don't care about you and the pay is very low for the work you're doing.
Great Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: n/a
Customer service skills is a plus with this job everyone is so kind the management work with you and everyone looks great in their uniform.
my experience with U.S security aassociates was productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: the site was a beautifully contructed building with a rich history
I've enjoyed working in the many different places and meeting the many people that a career in security has given me, the knowledge that I have obtained through training and experience, I have applied in my every day life. I'm always eager to learn more. typically I would arrive early to work read all pass downs and pervious shift reports patrolling in certain areas was not always uneventful. although I've had to confront a intruder on occasion I could always rely on my training and co-workers for assistance if needed.
not family oriented, hates love and family values, ethics and morals
wife of security employee (Current Employee), Nj ewrJuly 17, 2015
If you don't care about family, hate being home and sharing holidays, want to fight often, are selfish, then this jobs for you.
Disfunctional is a nice way to describe this company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Management have nice resumes
Cons: Management doesn't care and the Security Officers follow lead
U.S. Security in Raleigh is a very disfunctional company. The last Office Manager was forced out of his position, but he was given a chance to " give his notice". This company hires "warm body" Security officers because the wages are so low.The turn over rate is ridiculous , call outs are expected everyday , officers being late is expected daily, officers leaving the site at their leisure to do personal business is common: and that's just an example of just one shift ,at one site. But this goes on at all their sites. Management doesn't care about anything but filling ositions with warm bodies and collecting their big pay checks . If you don't understand what " Alt, control , delete means on a computer they will hire you immediately.
Good Company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
good company to work for, flexible schedule and good management. it was great experience for me .
i just wish they could have pay more.
Good place to develop clinical patient care experience as well as psych.
1:1 PSA Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Networking with clinical staff and Officers.
Cons: healthcare, night differential, mandatory site.
A typical day I would come in to the office debrief with the second shift supervisor about how many cases our department is covering. I'll then assign my staff to their rooms for the night. I've learned a lot about patient care. I have excellent co-workers we work good together always communicating always making sure our staff are safe and doing their job to please the client.
It depends on the site you're sent to.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 14, 2015
Some places you're assigned are great and you wouldn't want to leave for anything. On the other hand, whenever you're being reassigned not only a different "tour"/shift but site then you win some and lose some. Just have to make the best of wherever it is you are being sent to.
meet a lot of new people
Security Officer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2015
Pros: available shift schedules
Cons: Supervisors untrained in leadership principles and traits
An 8 hr shift day or night public laws observe and report incidents. No physical contact. Management is not supportive of it's Officers. For the most part co-worker help each other if possible. Hardest part of the job is reading people and being pro-active in situations. Best part of the job is nice weather and going home.
Very unorganized
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: unorganized, unprofessional, unethical
This is not the best place to work as an administrative worker. Their is very high turnover, the management does not really care bout the workers. They will try to require you to work off of the clock.
Great company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Plenty of work available
Cons: Great healthcare plan
I have been working with this company for about six months. I believe
that i have a great future with this company but i feel that my time has come and gone.I have a great supervisor who answers all of my questions.
Horrible company to work with
Security officer (Former Employee), Midlothian/chester vaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Good pay for a security job
Cons: Nobody cares
Never gave out a concrete schedule and had to call to find out i was working. Give them plenty of notice of leaving for a different job and they made a bull excuse that my backround check that was submitted three months before didnt pass (which there is nothing wrong with my background) and i got cut from the site i was at and was told i would have to work at less paying sites for the remainder of the time.
WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND FOR A JOB TOO MUCH BULL AND TOO LITTLE PAY BECAUSE NOBODY CARES!
Guaranteed one of the worst places to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Clyde, OHJuly 13, 2015
Pros: set weekly schedule
Cons: Pay, Benefits, Management, everything
I've worked here for a little over a year and a half now and it is easily not only the worst place that I have worked, but one of the worst places anyone I have talked to has ever heard about. The pay is awful, there is no pride in leadership as the company would prefer to just have bodies instead of actual guards and proper managers. No raises, no good benefits (the closest Dr. on their insurance is 2 hours away from my location) and the pay is barely above minimum wage. Find something better.
i would rather work by myself
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 10, 2015
i enjoyed working for the company but management was not supportive there all about the number if a supervisor doesnt want you there they will target you for everything to get you out
Everything is secure
Security Guard (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work starts off with showing up on time and dressed for duty. It also depends on the site where i am assigned. At a hotel, I would do my tours and slid its bills under the door of the checking out customers. At warehouse, I would have to check the labels and tags on the trailers. My other responsibility was to pat down the employees leaving the warehouse.

Working in security teaches you to be self aware and be aware of your surroundings. It also taught me how to be a good co-worker with teamwork.

The toughest part about the job is being posted outside during some the coldest days in CT.

The enjoyment I get from being a security guard has to be when I help people. They look at you and feel a little safer with the world or the area you patrol.
Management was pretty good at dealing with late call outs and finding replacements.
Professional
operations manager (Current Employee), columbia scJuly 8, 2015
U.S. has a very professional appearance. The always strive to provide the best service there customers and there employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Security Associates, Inc.

U.S. Security Associates (USA) is one of America's largest security companies, delivering uniformed security services, consulting – Read more

U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Salaries