U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great workplace to work at just low salary
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
They work with you individual to make your schedule and others flexible, relaxed, competitive, and detailed oriented. Just low salary for what the position is.
High strung
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Lots of standing, management was very bossy he tried being your best friend but as soon as you did something he didn't like he was immediately chewing you out.
Pros
good lunch room
Cons
no breaks beside lunch
It is a good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2018
If you like to drive a car for eight hours a day or sometimes more than this is for you. Also you have to have a strong back to drive for that many hours.
Very disorganized
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 14, 2018
No policies or procedures set in place, constant mistakes made, management has no direction, promotions based on friendship and not skills. I would not recommend this company.
Productive and flexible work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Great place to work fun and relaxed great people to work around. Very professional environment. They are very flexible if you have a family or second job. I would recommend
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not alot of position availible
A stressful place to work, lacks management structure.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
A typical day at U.S Security is a conundrum filled with debacles and mendacious attitude from office staff that filtered down to workers causing fear for their jobs. The salacious activities among office staff are condoned by managers and those who don't agree will be marginalized.
Pros
A place to collect a pay check
Cons
Stay in the field as much as is possible
Horrible experince
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2018
I was overworked and had zero support from those in charge, I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, they treat their employees like slaves and expects managers to do the same
Pros
Cons
to much to list
Unprofesional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasJanuary 12, 2018
I had to try on my uniform in a closet. Upper management doesn't care about their employees at all. When concerns or ideas for improvement are brought to upper management they are ignored.
Pros
health, dental, and vision
Cons
Very short breaks with long work hours.
Security Guard (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Really nothing to say become stressful. Pretty much nothing too big really to say except that the clients that we work for our highly rude anything that you have to cater to them which that's not the way that people should be treated but hey it's a job whatever
fast paced and days go by quick
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2018
Great job for different hours and easy to work with your schedule, when I went back to school for 10 months, the company kept me on and worked with me the whole way.
Could be good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 11, 2018
You are hired by the company to file contracted positions. So you could be lucky to get paid about 10 or 11 an hour at one location to stay in a kiosk and check ID's, or be sent to a different location where they paid 9 and hour to patrol check ID's and then was required to do minor plumbing or maintainence because the on-call night maintainence didn't want to come out.
us security
Customer service/finished inventory entrance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
not taking care of there people that work for them, if people were sick they wouldn't have the personnel to cover for you or anybody else, management didn't really do there job
Fast Paced/Challenging
HR Director/Regional Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAJanuary 11, 2018
US Security is very fast paced so you'll never be bored. There is a ton of room for growth and they always look internally first. I moved up twice in 2 years here.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Could pay better.
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
My overall review Of US Security Associates:
Nice place to work . Good people to work with.
Management willing to work with you to see that your getting treated fairly.
Pros
Pleanty of work
Cons
Not enough pay . No benifits
Stressful Envirorment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 11, 2018
At my Job site I was yelled at for giving citations for people that were double parked. the job site favored the call center employees over the security guard.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Stressful
Company is a joke
Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This company is a joke they lie they steal money for all the guards the health insurance in not a real insurance they do not pay vacation pay. When u have a problem they pass u around to diffrent ppl.if u are thinking about working for them huge mistake. If you are thinking about contracting this company that would be a huge mistake.
Workplace has potential
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 10, 2018
Overall, this company does a good job of taking care of the people that stay. However, due to the nature of the contract work and security in general, there can be little incentive to stay. This is especially true for those with a life outside of the workforce. While the benefits and pay were solid, be ready for a plethora of scheduling and work hour problems. Management is solid overall, but it can be difficult getting contractors and company managers on the same page.
Pros
Paid time off, good benifits, good pay.
Cons
Contracted work, inconsistent schedule, inflexible hours, potential for gaps of unemployment.
Bad managent
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I was not satisfied with the way I was treated with the company. Company did not live up to their expectations. I feel like employers should always communicate with there employees and I feel like none of that was preferred from them. If it was up to me I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them to save them headache of there day to day operation.
Fairly good company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day is go to work, clock/sign in, go to post spot, and be there to assist people and secure premises as needed. Hardest part of the job is know what to do when needed at the moment at all times and easiest is the work schedule.
Pros
Most staff friendly
Cons
short breaks
it was a ok job
Pay Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I didn't to much like the job after I got on my the management was off .I didn't get that many hours the job couldn't take care of me and my son so I find a new jb

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Security Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6