U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 2,583 reviews matching the search
No security with this security company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 26, 2017
One day you are closing deals worth $100K and the next week you are laid off....unstable company.. There seems to be a lot of management turn-over should have been a red flag.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
Working for US Security has been a nice place to work, it had its ups and downs. For the most part I enjoyed working with the Officers on the posts I worked.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MultipleMarch 24, 2017
Good company to work for as lomg as you are willing to put in the time and do your job the best of your ability. If you work hard and learn all the positions and each shifts responsibilities you can move up to supervisor and learn.
I enjoy my time at US Security Associates
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2017
I started working for US Security Associates in May and I enjoyed my time there unfortunately I work third shift and needed first shift because I have a young child. I did leave on great terms with my supervisors and account manager.
Did not work with this company long.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22043March 23, 2017
The company was okay the pay was just too low, but the work site was a great site to work at. No other issues to report at this moment. Given the opportunity I would probably give the company another try.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
i didnt mind the job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. the only thing I didn't like was when I had a death in my family and they told me more than likely to pick between my job and family.
Pros
laid back
Cons
too quiet
Decent job
Asset Protection/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2017
The company was bought out by a bigger company, but when i did the job it was basic security work. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about the company.
Great job to have and sit
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 22, 2017
I started this job in February of 2016. All of the bosses are great and they work with you on sick days and vacation. The only issue was, I lost my SLED license so I lost my job immediately.
Pros
Not a lot of work to do
Cons
Having to be SLED certified
watch cameras and greet employees and visitors
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2017
Watch 212 cameras, issued badges to employess who forgot theirs. Issued badges to visitors, filled out incident reports. Check why alarms were going off.
Pros
kept you busy
Cons
Never in one spot or same shift
Poor Mangaement
Security Officer /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 21, 2017
The office is constantly loosing and not rehiring staff. They are informed well in advance of site needs for staff but wait till the staff are over burnt out to replicate the situation.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
• Detected suspicious activities and watched for criminal acts or client rule infractions.
• Checked personnel ID badges to allow admittance into building; escorted all visitors to client’s office.
• Investigate security accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
instability
Treated horribly
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 20, 2017
It has come to my attention that even though I would hard and have achieved the lead guard position I do not earn any more money than minimum wage and I am forced to work all of the snow storms whether it is safe to leave the house or not. Once they learn you are available for more shifts than what you are scheduled you will be forced to reschedule any doctor's appointments, any medical tests, etc to ensure their shifts are covered.
Pros
No pros
Cons
You have to pay for the uniforms
pretty ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
When I started with this company, they were fairly new so they didn't have all the benefits that they do now. The supervision I has was pretty good, but their superiors were not that great at the time. Hopefully, the company got better.
Pros
good supervision
Cons
short breaks and bad superiors.
Not very enthused about ever going back to work for this company because it paid very little money. There was no incentive to stay long term.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2017
There was no pay increase at this company from beginning to end. The pay rate will always stay the same unless you work at a special assignment for them which usually requires you to work over the weekend. This is a decent company for beginner to work at, but make no mistake about the pay. It will be a minimum wage rate.
Pros
A steady pay check
Cons
Very low wages.
Don't waste your time
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2017
By far THEE worst company i ever worked for! They short your checks, don't pay enough at all, expect you to be on call AND DONT APPRECIATE excellent workers when they have them! They will throw you under the bus just to maintain a contract and won't think twice about letting you go for the smallest detail.
Pros
Shied it's a income
Cons
They'll work u to the bone if allowed
Not the best security comapny.
Security Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
I've been with this company for almost a year and there's not a lot to offer. Pay advancement is not available after you reach a level 3 officer at $11 an hour. The management is not very organized and the company is not as caring as they should be as far as emergencies or sickness. There are no time benefits like PTO or UPT or anything of that sort.
Stable Job Position and Suitable Work Environment
Mall Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33618March 20, 2017
Overall is a good place to work. The management of the company is run well with only a few issues within the team; mainly in communication. Reasonable hours and considerate to real life situations.
Good Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 18, 2017
It's a good company to work for; They are willing to help you gain satisfaction no matter what position you hold in the company. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a foot in the door with security.
Pros
Job placement, staff
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication
good law enforcement experience and CPR Certified Adult and Child
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130March 17, 2017
Being able to assist the general public with information pertaining to the property in which I was assigned. the hardest part about this company was when they lost the contract.
Pros
raises, hour luch break off grounds
Cons
health care
lead officer
Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 17, 2017
Being a lead officer was a great exp., Manager over 12 officers. I enjoying working at the bank & the lock out area. The capt. Was very mean and rule.
Pros
THE LEARNING EXP
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Security Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7