U.S. Space & Rocket Center Employee Reviews

Good for college
Museum Presenter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2017
If you are a college student and you need a job that is very flexible it is definitely for you. If you can handle kids and have patience, this job is for you.
Pros
Very flexible with hours.
Cons
kids can drain you after awhile no matter who you are.
Very Awesome Place
Museum Guide / Counselor / Education Presenter (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 9, 2017
Loved the atmosphere! Wonderful people! Learned a lot of things. Awesome experience! Would give more than anything to go back there. Wished I didn't left.
Great Experience
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 16, 2017
Learned many life lessons and countless work skills. Many different people from all over the world to share in a once in a lifetime experience and I am very privileged to have been a part of that for them.
Fun place to work with lots of neat stuff to see
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Interior Building Checks
Exterior Building & Property Checks
Interaction with customers
Working with leadership
Work special events
Work the desk and telephones
Wonderful!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2017
This program is really amazing. I enjoyed working with the kids and the managers there are very professional. The USSRC is an awesome place to work!
Boss was cool. the one under him was not as much.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35805August 25, 2017
It was Ok. my superviser was awesome and there was others who work there that are cool too. However the pay sucked there are a few minor benifets but nothing that will make you a sustainable living.
Pros
Hour lunch break, 15 minute break, food provided for a fee, nice slow paced in the winter.
Cons
no healthcare and benefits like that. pay is awful.
Its decent for a summer job or starting out
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 22, 2017
It's a great job for people leaving home and starting out in the work force. Most everyone is friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are doing okay. You do get trained pretty well for camp side. It's an awesome job because you work with such a wide variety of kids from all over the world. Management for the majority can be lacking depending on the week. You get free food if you're leading a team, if not and you're on support or some other shift, it will be deducted from your pay. They have yet to pay me for being trained for a different area of camp. Hours can be super long especially with a difficult team. Each team can contain about 17 kids ranging in different ages. The VP and CEO are actually very down to earth and great. The VP is very down to earth and isn't intimidating. Over all it's a great experience with just some kinks to work out.
Pros
Free lunches if you have a team, international culture, fun and caring coworkers
Cons
Management, scheduling, pay, benefits, advancement
Decent
Supervisor/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 20, 2017
The job was stressful, but worth it. The amount of joy the job would bring to guests was ample, however many employees did not provide the best experience to their coworkers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Leadership
This company will use you and then throw you away.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 16, 2017
I gave half of my life to this company at a very low pay for the job responsibilities and physical risks. If you don't kiss butt or someone in management doesn't like you then you are expendable. Don't work here unless you like being used...
Pros
Some nice people in the organization
Cons
Managements attitude towards employees
Annonous
Simulator Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 16, 2017
The work environment is very relaxed. managers are always willing to help if necessary. If there are any issue with the simulators we can contact the appropriate department directly.
The people are great
Aviation Challenge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2017
I love the people I work with. I love the facility I work at. But besides a select few people. The upper levels of management do not care about the staff at all. And there are more than a few who will tell you that.
Cons
Terrible managers.
I liked this job alot
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2017
This job is very easy, it has a good work environment and the management is growing. the pay is fair, but the hours are rough. some days you work 7-8 hours and other day you work only 3hrs.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
hours are bad
Great company for good relationship
Aviation Challenge- Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
The US Space and Rocket center is a great job. The work relationship are truly a joy, people are generally kind and welcoming and safety is a top concern.
Great fun
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 29, 2017
If you like kids, if you like to teach, if you like walking. Go for it. You learn a lot and are kept up to date with NASA's going ons. Its really great, the training is in the form of if you were a camper, so you can get the experience you are putting the trainees through. Its great to see the adults that do come act like the kids also, sometimes more-so. Because it is an international camp, you get to experience all parts of the world and maybe learn a lot about other cultures.
Pros
International learning, exercise
Cons
Summer heat!!!
Fun and productive workplace with many opportunities in career advancement
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2017
Working with and educating children of various ages and backgrounds. Diversity and patience. Interacting face to face with customers. Remaining a positive relationship with staff and management. Fast pace work environment.
Fun Place to Work
Theater Usher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2017
I had primary functions I was responsible for every day; however, every day was a new one. I had the opportunity to assist patrons from all over the world. Different cultures bring different challenges. It was a fun environment to work in. There were no benefits; however, I did get most major holidays off.
Pros
Fun Place to work with discounts on food/merchandise
Cons
Part Time Position, no benefits
US Space and Rocket Center
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work: Organizing & Cleaning Utensils. Setting up chairs & tables at banquet hall. Serving & cleaning up after banquet patrons.

Prepare to leave very late around midnight/morning when called for a big banquet event.
Cons
short breaks, low pay
A Fun Place to Work, Managers Need Some Attention
Space Camp Support (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2017
I love the Space and Rocket Center and was thrilled to get the opportunity to work there. However, job descriptions were not very clear and the entire managerial infrastructure needs to be given a bit more attention.
Pros
Cheap lunches, awesome place to work
Cons
Confusing managers
The review below shows that I am a fast paced worker, a couple details about how I'm smart about my job, responsibilitys, expirence's.
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 2, 2017
The Space and Rocket Center had taught me a lot about space and responsibility. I have held that job for 1 year and I'm 17. I've had friends hired out there because they was in need of a job. I have gained a little bit of expirence from working at The Space and Rocket Center. I have learned to stock shelves, freezers and coolers. I have learned to clean a bathroom quickly. I have learned how to greet people respectfully. Ok a days work it depends what building you get placed in. Let's just say you get put in the habitats. First you have to check if there's any move outs. If so you have to backpack the rooms that moved out. This is the most aggravating part carrying around a backpack vacuum cleaner in small rooms. When you're done backpacking the room you have to throw the mattresses back on the beds. There's 7 beds per room. 23 rooms on one floor. When you're done throwing mattresses you have to sweep, mop and wine down whatever needs to be done. You have to do that to every room that moved out to each room and before 10:00 on most days.
Pros
I got to work with a lot of cool people I came close to over the year I've been out there.
Cons
The space and rocket center is about 40 minutes from my house.
Great place to work just ready to start my career
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 1, 2017
I have worked here for 11 months it is a great place and I love the people I work with , I am however about to graduate and am looking to start my career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7