Summary of Position:
Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise operations of the business including Accounting, Human Resources, Contracts, Taxes, and administering of e-mail accounts. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers before submitting to president.
Educational Requirement: Minimum five years experience and relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
Computers & Technology - Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT). Proficiency in using computers, copiers, scanners, fax machine, answering machine, adding machines, cell phone, and alarm systems.
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Knowledge and understanding of tax preparation and licensing requirements for industry.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- **** Notary State of NY ( Need this to apply)
- Certified in Employee Records Compliance
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Management of Personnel Resources- motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Tasks & Activities:
- Edit and approve all paperwork and documentation for all contracts and jobs to ensure compliant with all regulations for each job on a daily basis.
- Provide regular status updates of jobs to president of company with phone call and then follow-up e-mail.
- Oversee contract administration and payment. Manage sub-contractors payments and paperwork submittal.
- Close out documents for all jobs.
- Manage recruiting process for open positions.
- Conduct all preliminary interviews for open positions.
- Ensure all Human Resources paperwork is completed for new hires including union dues payments.
- Oversee on-boarding process for new hires and training and development needs for all staff.
- Conduct all exit interviews and provide data to president of company.
- Handle any employee issues or concerns, document accordingly and provide written report to president.
- Monitor and track attendance, sick days and vacation days for all staff. Provide monthly report to president of late, sick and vacation days used by all staff.
- Schedule events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Provide company related information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person on an as needed basis.
- Ensure all certification requirements are completed for all staff positions.
- Oversee safety and regulatory compliance for operations and staff.
- Manage Performance Appraisal Process and ensure annual completion.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Maintain relationships and communicate on an as needed basis to Union Hall representatives.
- Manage paperwork for Union dues. Handle all Employee Relations activities including celebrations of birthdays, and safety and performance achievements.
- Work with the company’s CPA and Bonding Company on an as needed basis for tax needs and to pay quarterly taxes.
- Oversee accounting operations by ensuring accounting manager is handling all accounting responsibilities. Manage bank accounts and bank account reconciliation.
- Oversee inventory and approve requests for all office supplies. Conduct regular audits of inventory to ensure all resources, equipment and supplies are working and materials are available. Any large ticket items to be purchased need authorization and approval by president before ordering.
- Audit monthly expense accounts for all employees.
- Schedule and maintain appointments for president and put into calendar Google and communicate to president via e-mail or text when a new appointment is made.
- Maintain licenses and registrations for all government agencies.
- Maintain personnel files and AIA documentation.
- Administering computer systems and password security.
- Write and oversee all documents and reports for Federal Government reporting.
- All other duties as assigned.