U.S. Vision

U.S. Vision Employer Reviews

Great hours initially and a good starting point for management growth.
Certified Store Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: we didn't get great commission, especially when a months' goal wasn't met. even if individual goal was.
I enjoyed the sense of control I had on the day-to-day process. Being able to make decisions for the office, hiring associates, and making the schedules. Also, inspecting the finished eyewear and being able to remake something that didn't pass standards. My first district manager was an amazing support system for me. Moving to a new district and state was a disappointment however. The company eliminated a brand entirely therefore many people were laid off including myself. It was done immorally & unethically. Giving none of us a two week notice nor a reason for being cut. I was told it was nothing I did, just the company downsizing. What their formula was, I don't know. Nonetheless, I have many great memories and wish to just move on to a new environment that rewarded employees and kept the lines of communication open!
wonderful place to work
Optician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2014
Pros: great people
always loved going in to work, learned and accomplished being a optician, you can move up in this field, co workers are great, making sure your measurements are accurate, the people and experiences
Started a store for them and was replaced by someone whom I trained for less money.
Manager (Former Employee), Tiffany Springs, MOOctober 7, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: upper managment doesnt care about its people, only cares about what makes them look good in the eyes of their superiors
Not much of a review to write. Worked for the company back in the 90s till early 2000s, It was a good place to work. I was invited back to open a new store. When management changed hands above me, it became a circus with bad management ideas, I had to comply with. I over came them and had the highest profits in the area for the store and than was fired for no reason given that would comply with a company policy of termination. It was due to jealousy and bogus ideas of upper management. Ive never written a bad review for a company , but this one is well deserved.
Help people with their sight
Optician (Former Employee), COMay 14, 2013
Pros: the doctors
Cons: long bus rides
With four locations, I got around on the bus very well. The doctors were wonderful and the customers were great. Teammates worked together and long hours with no breaks. Customers came first. One big happy family.
Good part time job
Optician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2013
Good place to work if your going to school. They are flexible with your hours and the location i was at was located within a mall so the hours weren't too bad
incredible potential for higher production if changes in management
Optical manager (Former Employee), MiamiApril 4, 2013
Pros: health insurance 401k store discount vacation
Cons: poor training, short lunches, called on your day off
US vision had recently changed the computer system. Former employees said it took 3 months to train. I learned the system on about one month however I was switched to another store to learn the insurance.The person training me did not know how to teach. Certain learning comes through repetition and I was constantly belittled by being told " remember" I was left with my customer for over 30 min while the others made multiple sales and commissions. I was labeled a non acting manager until further notice. I was hired at a time when sales were dropping, even the Doctors appt book was declining in appointments and for some reason it was my fault the goals were not met. I was told to move to a third location for a "personality" trial. I felt pressure when the optical got very busy with two ringing phones people would spontaneously walk in with orders, repairs, and to pick up glasses. they would notice and actually comment "you need a helper" but instead I felt pressure and single out that I can't handle it and basically felt forced to quit. The customer receipt system should be more transparent to the customer, the frame quality should be better, the training should be professional, and headquarters should allow the employee training to send an anonymous report if they feel their training is just, proper, and that they are being treated with respect. It is more important to make a sale to reach goals, than providing other optic issues that are important.I was hired at 35 hrs then cut to 30 hrs , many other seasoned employees hours were cut back as well, some did get raises but these were the non licensed.
My overall rating is good
Production Worker/Daycare (Current Employee), Glendora, NJFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: my job does not relate to my college major.
I am an teachers aide. I learned how to work as a team. My co workers are nice.
Optical Technician
Optical Technician (Former Employee), Elmhurst, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Learnt how to interpreted prescriptions and assisted customers with choosing appropriate frames and lenses. Reinforced what i knew about scheduling appointments, data entry, authorizing and placing orders, filing and interacting with customers.
Good opportunities to learn.
Optical Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIDecember 15, 2012
Each and every day at this company gave me a great opportunity to learn something new about the way a business functioned and grew within a larger company.
Not bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere and co-workers
Cons: low pay
Good learning experience and good enviroment. Pay could be better.
Optician (Current Employee), Redding, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: rasises are yearly
Cons: small department, busy, understaffed
You help each patient who walks through the door. You are required to greet them with a long spill about the sales and what you can get on your lenses. You have to do it because they send in secret shoppers all the time. Department is small gets busy. The manager you work for is super sweet a great trainer. You just have to be able to work under pressure.
Management did not communicate well.
Optician (Former Employee), NashuaMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, good people to work with.
Cons: management. all lunches were working lunches, it was expected.
It was a good place to work until you were micro managed by 3 managers that did not communicate with each other. They hired people that did not know what they were doing to manage stores. Played favorites with promotions.
It was ok but I new I can do better
Optical Technician (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 9, 2012
Pros: great benefits, good pay, worked with a eye dr.
Cons: stress out if we didnt have our quota for the day, no overtime, not so great management
It was a good experience for me, I had so much fun working there, but the reason I left is the reason I rated them so low, they dont hear out the employees.
Enjoyable retail sales job
Store Manager (Former Employee), JC Penney Optical Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: store and mall discount, commission based salary, very laid back position.
Cons: short lunches, open during retail hours, work weekends and some holidays
I enjoyed working for U.S. Vision. The pay was far superior than any other retail optical that i had worked for. The hours were a little better. The overall operation of the stor was a lot better. Being that the store was so small I didn't ahve to work with a lot of people. The only thing was that since it was in the mall it was open on Sund unlike most of the other free-standing retail optical stores.

About U.S. Vision

U.S. Vision, Inc. is a retailer of optical products and services through retail optical departments licensed to operate within – Read more