U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc.

U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Don't work for this company!!!!!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJuly 17, 2016
I work at their dedicated account at Krogers for a few years now and have always been treated as a number. There is no sick day pay, no vacation pay, no breakdown pay, no bereavement pay. You don't get squat from this company no matter how hard you work or what kind of dedication you put in to it. I've never had to watch my money so closely as I do with this company. The account is with its third manager now and we are no better off. This place is a revolving door with drivers who come and go but not before they break the day cabs up that barely get fixed by the off site "maintenance crew" who rip off U.S and they're to stupid to notice because one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.
Pros
Cons
Watch your money. They short drivers on money.
Do not apply
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 8, 2015
Racist group of individuals, from HR to shop workers. Work with these guys will get you no where. Management doesn't know how to lead. Mechanic there are lazy and not skillful in work field. Too many people complain over little things, and No work ethics. Do Not attempt to have a career. A job, yes.
Pros
No PROS
Cons
everything!!
great for professional drivers
trc-trl operator 53' van trl. OTR team w/wife (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2016
My time with U.S.Xpress was very fruitful and enjoyable for most of the 9 yrs. I worked there. I always had the best equipment that I have ever had while trucking 40 yrs over the road. I also loved that they allowed me to train my wife so we could team together 48 state & Canada. The years spent here were the most profitable I ever had as a truck driver in my life, as a company team driver!
Pros
great pay if experienced
Cons
always on the road
Large North American Trucking Company
On-Site Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioOctober 14, 2015
I worked on-site in a client facility, which didn't allow me to fully develop within the organization. I believe had I been located within the main office I would have had ample opportunity for development and advancement. There was also somewhat of a struggle to maintain a work/life balance, they job had round-the-clock demands.
Disappointing Company
Finance (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2015
US xpress does not have a company match for 401K, health insurance benefits are very high and no type of raise. The finance department has high turn over of employees. Management is poor and does not address the high turn over rate has long has they have a warm body to do the work. Also due to the high turn over rate extra hours are need plus saturdays to finish the work. This company is very disorganized and uses out of date software for it's financial system and in turn makes your job very tedious and time consuming.

Not all is bad. It is a large company in a good location and is very clean.
Pros
Large company
Worked as a Payroll Garnishment Coordinator
Payroll Garnishment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2016
I really enjoyed what I did there and working in the Garnishment Dept. The Company had pretty good benefits and were flexible if you needed to go to a Dr. appt. The ladies in my department were very helpful.
Great company but not compensated well
Safety Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 24, 2015
I work from 8pm-7am. Normally when I begin my shift I get hammered with numerous phone calls until about 1am. Then there is down time until about 6am when it picks back up. I enjoy my job but there isnt any room for advancement and no raises. Since I've been with the company: the guy who trained me and my supervisor have both left for companies that compensated them better. I enjoy my job and would like to stay but would also like to get paid in order to provide more for my family.
Pros
Company benefits and environment
Cons
Compensation and Promotions
mass confusion
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 16, 2016
too many policies that change too frequently, the wheel has already been invented. Move on to more forward thinking and proactive management.
very low pay for otr drivers
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 16, 2016
Been working for us xpress now two years haven't received an annual pay raise yet. They say they have 401k match but I haven't seen them match my contributions yet. Currently looking for another company to work for.
Pros
can't think of anything sorry
Cons
average 1800 miles otr low pay no annual pay raise not a good place for an experienced truck driver
Poor management
Safety rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 14, 2016
I worked in the safety office at the corporate office for 10+years knew my job and all the dot regulations, but was let go for poor performance . This company sets drivers up for failure and correct they offer programs that the know the driver can not get or have the opportunity to achieve
Do not work in service at the Irving location!!
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 13, 2015
The managers are bullies, no support or communication. If you are a technician you can do nothing wrong though. It started out to be ok. I even liked it until they decided I didn't do anything right. They forced me into quitting because I couldn't take it anymore. They play favorites. I didn't stand a chance. TheY do not handle things in an appropriate manner, or listen to your concerns. I didn't want to leave, I liked everything but the management. Human Resources was no help either.
Pros
?????
Cons
Service management
Very exciting and very friendly atmosphere
driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg PaSeptember 14, 2015
I have been in OTR driver for 17 years I am the happiest driver working for U S Xpress they treat you well they have lots of work you just cannot be lazy you have to want to work if you don't you should not apply. I've worked for a few different companies prior to coming to U S Xpress this company is amazing they know you by name day at here and Grant any and all requests that you need to fulfill your family life as well as your work life. In closing I would like to say that this is one of the best trucking companies to work for. AMEN
Pros
Every thing at US express is a pro
Cons
The only negative is no paid vacation
Productive and fun work enironment
Customer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 2, 2016
Tracking assets loads can be a grind but it's awesome calling a prospective customer and telling them you have 7,000 trucks in your fleet and 15,000 trailers. I loved working with my co-workers.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need new operating systems
Too bad there's not a zero star option
Office (Former Employee) –  OfficeApril 11, 2016
Turn around. Run the other way. You do NOT want to work here. "I've gotten to the point where I'm working here to pay for the prescriptions I now require to cope with working here."
Pros
Ha!
Cons
It will suck the life out of you
can be a hassle sometimes
otr driver (Current Employee) –  tunnel hill, gaJuly 27, 2015
been with usxpress for a couple months now... was great at first but drastically changed. my fleet manager works with me a lot to get great results but when it comes time to do a 34 reset they dont want to bargain with you and give you your break. a lot of trailer hunting if your otr my suggestion is go dedicated and stay dedicated. otr has too many screwups on managements end and will blame the driver. alot of the time the address they dispatch you on is incorrect. and dont be fooled about the drop and hook ratio.. its there but 70-80% of freight is live.
Pros
home time when you need it, pay is ok as long as your running the truck, full benefit package, new equipment
Cons
poor communication skills with management, not enough otr miles, slow shop time, too much live freight
Areas for improvement
Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 22, 2014
The department I work in has undergone several changes in leadership. The current group of managers has a "us vs. them" mentality and the persons doing the job are rarely involved in decision making. We have been told repeatedly we will not be getting a raise, including cost of living. I currently report to managers who have shop and mechanical backgrounds, not college educated, which make communicating difficult, at times.
Pros
one of the larger companies in the country
Cons
poor management, no driver accountability
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 17, 2016
The moat enjoyable part of my job with U.S. Xpress was traveling to different states seeing different people and places.
Us xpress never work for them
company driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2015
There is no freight. They sign you on with a guarantee of 5,000 miles for teams and you're lucky of you see 3,000. Then when asked why you're not getting the miles they say they don't have any freight for teams. Then why do you sign on teams? Solo drivers will lose freight to accommodate the teams. So they sit even more. You will spend time away from your family and make no money. They don't care about you. You will never get home on time. They are unorganized. Turn over rate is high for this reason. There are no pros for this job, all cons!
Pros
NONE
Average Place to work
Fleet Manager/Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 19, 2015
Decent compensation and you stay busy as a fleet manager, however, upper management is a different story. Constantly changing things that are working, changing employees on a new account start up, providing under achieving drivers with loads and opportunities after they've failed so many times and certain drivers to rule the roost that shouldn't. Leaving capable, harder working drivers that meet delivery times to call looking for work constantly and they shouldn't have to.
Honestly, upper management is a joke.
Pros
decent environment, benefits and compensation
Cons
poor upper management decisions
Great starting Job
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnSeptember 20, 2015
A great company to get your foot in the door and move up the ranks. Upper Management can be out of touch in some areas of the company.
Pros
Innovative, Lots of room for advancment.
Cons
Operations managment on the upper levels are disconnected from their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6