U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc.

U.S. Xpress Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

great starter co.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 21, 2014
great as a starter company good dedicated runs turnover rate is way to high need to view drivers as more than a paycheck...
Pros
good lanes
Cons
treated like a paycheck
All good
Vice President of Sales Dedicated (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 17, 2014
Good Management
Good co-workers
Great Job and Company

Great Team to work with.
was a terrible work enviroment
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GANovember 11, 2014
the company continuously keeps its employees in fear of losing their jobs and provide poor on the site training. they would prefer cut a employee then try to educate and help them in achieving the skills they need to perform their job.
drive truck
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2014
drive truck
drive truck right
unloading
open road
Pros
open road
Cons
unload
Productive and Consistant
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 6, 2014
Receiving Load and dispersing to DC Centers.
Everyday consistent learning.
Fleet managers are there to assist you.
Pros
free showers
Cons
short breaks
A Life Style, Not A Career.
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 5, 2014
I've traveled all over the great United States ( OTR ) and personally at the beginning I loved the freedom of the road but almost a year later I couldn't stand being away from my family of 4 teens. Missing out on games, plays, proms and even graduations etc.. Overall I found myself becoming GREATLY depressed.
Pros
bonuses was a decent perk ( took forever getting it ), great fleet personnel.
Cons
not enough home time, driving under some of the worst conditions. lack of sleep.
walmart dedicated account
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  new caney, txOctober 28, 2014
dedicated account with walmart. was slow at first but it got faster. left because of family issues. i always had problems with the management. Some of the female dispatchers had no respect for the drivers.
Pros
good money, great dedicated account
Cons
bad/no navigation systems
A Career loving job
Company driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 13, 2014
I loved to travel And loved the money\,but the time away from home isn't that great.
If your team or trainer your treated like a God
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  tunnel hill GAOctober 12, 2014
If your gonna work for us xpress you better be a team or trainer. The teams get the brand new trucks, and the miles. They just advertised GURANTEED 5000 miles a week to teams! Right bout that time is when my miles as a solo driver were cut in half! Solo drivers get the left over short runs that the teams don't get. Your basically a puppy in a pen with a bunch of adult pit bulls trying to survive.
The trailors are junk! If your solo you get the left over trucks that the teams or trainers don't get( again they get the best top notch trucks while solo drivers get scraps) my first month I seen the shop more than a loading dock. I just seen on Craigslist recruiting for owner ops of 2013. I asked about it and was told it would be 6mnths before I could but yet they are recruiting for owner ops...I see a problem here. If you want money stay away if you want to starve come on down your the next contestant in the hunger line!
Pros
they got me home when i wanted, dispatcher was good she did the best she could
Cons
load planners are morons, equipment is third class, have to compete with trainers and teams for miles, poor pay
Good equipment
OTR Team (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX. terminal, Chattanooga, TN CorpatateOctober 9, 2014
Top of the line equipment, every company has good and bad just have to determine what matters to you. Needed to be home not gone 27 out of 30 days.
new drivers beware
Former dedicated driver (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg TerminalOctober 4, 2014
Ran my butt off for this company and made good money but had the misfortune of having a backing accident. (No damage to truck/trailer) Was put on probation for 6 months. While on probation I got a minor citation in Ohio. Four days later I got fired. If you are perfect and never have an incident, you'll be fine. As a new driver I think a little more latitude should be given...mistakes happen.
Pros
good pay and rewarded for hard work
Cons
no tolerance for mistakes.
busy
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 27, 2014
work was steady... Had friendly customers. This was over the road. It took long hours.
Low miles, low pay, plenty of sitting
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 11, 2014
This was a very bad driving position. USXpress told me lies prehire. Recruiter told me I would be home every 7-10 days and I would start a certain cpm pay. During orientation at Tunnel Hill GA I found out both were lies, time out became 10-14 days out and starting pay would be 3 cpm less than what recruiter told me. Also average miles per week recruiter told me did not come close. My driver manager did not care or do anything about the problems. Her manager promised to do something about sitting around with no run too much and low miles situation. After about 6-8 weeks of waiting for her manager to do something, nothing happened, same ole thing week after week! Do yourself a favor and do not go to work for this company.
Pros
only pro i can think of was late model tractor to drive
Cons
low pay, low miles, management does not care about drivers problems.
Very Good Company for women!
Student Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 1, 2014
I loved US Xpress! The people were caring and wanted me to learn to drive safely Safety is the number one priority!
Pros
very good driver managers
Cons
does not provide their own training
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2014
• Completed on-time deliveries by choosing the best and most efficient routes.
• Drove company truck for local and intra-state pick-ups and deliveries.
• Created and submitted delivery and DOT logs.
• Inspected truck equipment and supplies and reported problems and safety hazards to supervisors.
• Operated and maintained the tractor-trailer in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Dont waste your time
sitting in parking lot (Former Employee) –  WatertownAugust 7, 2014
THE ONES THAT WANT TO OR LIKE THIS JOB DIDN'T TAKE THE TIME TO INVESTIGATE THIS COMPANY. I was given a truck with expired plates, No insurance and had to sit at the yard for 5 days. No recovery pay and I had to ask to get fuel to keep it running in the got weather to keep cool. To save fuel they wanted me to shut the truck down every hour for about a hour and on a hour. I refused. Needless to say I Dont work there.
Pros
non seen yet
Cons
they are all cons some i bet felonies
Don't do it
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 18, 2014
They will push you push you push you ... just so you can go and sit for DAYS waiting for a load. Moved trailers around for them one day just to sit and wait and have NO trailer to load -- where they'd just had us move an empty from. Was constantly driving for free... "Oh, I'll make sure you get paid for that." YEAH RIGHT. Tired of the very low miles / short routes as a team. (Yes, Ohio to Pennsylvania as a team?) We warned them truck was having issues at 3 consecutive terminal visits; they supposedly couldn't find anything wrong. Tranny finally went out climbing a hill into Kentucky. Had to wait for a tow, then towed back to Tennessee where we were told we'd be paid for ALL out-of-pocket expenses (hotel for 3 nights, cabs, food that went bad in truck, etc.)-- NOPE. That was all on us. That's when we called it quits.
Pros
rider allowed; pet allowed; memphis terminal updated; automatic volvos
Cons
most all other terminals; low miles for team; not paid for "extra" miles
Easy work
Class 'A' Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 18, 2014
Work is steady, sometimes excess
Underpaid for hours put in
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor benefits
poor communication
student (Former Employee) –  paJuly 17, 2014
spoke to my recruiter that only completed 50 hours of cdl class she misheard me send me 6 hours away to a 3 day orientation I quit my job to come work for this company went through all the dot physicalcame back the second day for orientation for them to tell me I don't qualify for the company because I did not complete a 160 Hr of cdl schoolwhat a waste of time the food is horrible the hotel they put me In was disgusting to top it all off I'm sitting here from 8 am to 5 pm for a shuttle bus to pick me up to take me to bus station tell me that I arrive at my location 7am crazy
Drove to Irving, Texas. Three times.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasJuly 10, 2014
Drove to orientation with my bags packed ready to go after finishing on friday, was told I had to retake the drug screen again on the following Monday so I drove back home. Came back on the following Tuesday past the drug screen again. Waited to get assigned with a trainer, they did not have one come friday, was sent home again only to get a phone call to come back on Tuesday. Trainer shows up Thursday, instead of going out trainer decides to do a restart so i'm at the terminal for another two days. Spent the night in the trainers cab once. I requested a non smoker, got a chain smoker and a heavy snorer. Nothing against smoking while you're driving down the road, but having one after the other while inside with the windows up and not moving is something else. Also keeping a big ol cup full of used cigarette butts in your cab (over one hundred or so, no joke) and refusing to throw them out was not cool with me. After spending two days in the terminal with the trainer I decided I was NOT going to be able to stay with him for 5 weeks. So I packed my gear. Turned my key in and went home. Not sure if this is helpful, the only thing I can say is getting a decent trainer is what will make or break you. Not only u.s.x. but any o.t.r. company.
Pros
got to hang out in dallas for nine days, on the companies dime. got reimbursed for gas money. and paid for orientation. (thank god, i drove my own car!)
Cons
getting a bad trainer and not even making it out of the terminal.