U.s Security Associates

U.s Security Associates Employee Reviews

Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 16, 2015
Properly trained. Met great people that have showed me how to do job properly. Great place to work and the job is enjoyable that it does not feel like work.
Interesting Work Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: On call
Depending on site assigned you either sit for 12 hours or stand/walk around, Dealt with different personalities from different people, somewhat okay management, did not talk to many co-workers because most jobs were individual
Not a bad job for this type of work.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Easy work.
Cons: Hard to get raises and promotions.
Good company to work for. Nice coworkers. Management is fair. Pay is typical for this type of work. The hardest part of the job was patrolling in bad weather. The best part of the job was the employees of the job sight. Everyone was always nice. No room for advancement unless you make a really good impression. You have to work very hard to get a Management position. I learned how to deal with all types of people and who I can and cant trust.
Management needs changed
PM Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Hurst TexasApril 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Management
The management need to be changed. Company policy needs to be rewritten, and the worker need to given more thought. Stop hiring teens.
Good team
Screening Officer (Current Employee), Portland, MEMarch 18, 2015
I have worked seasonally for four years and have enjoyed dealing with the regional office. The staff have been very easy to work with and fun to talk with.
work as a floater
UNARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), verinia, usaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: they trick u
worst management ever. they don't care about their employees. I met people working here more then 2 3 years with no raise. no future In this company.
Good to get Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good for gaining experience
Cons: i live in the bronx and work in queens
This company is terrible to work for. The management is a Joke and the receptionist is very nasty(verbally), the pay is very low, there are frequent payroll mistakes, hard to get supplies necessary for job function (including uniforms), the job itself is not hard but the overall lack of communication between management and the individual sites is ridiculous. Some site are great.
Productive work envoriment
Security Gaurd (Former Employee), West Deptford, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: n/a
I enjoy my job. fun environment. I greet my clients at the same time very observant to the surroundings. The tenants are respectable and pleasant. I walk my rounds, secure the building and making sure everything and everyone is up to safe.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lawrence, NJMarch 3, 2015
Very assertive, focused, motivated individual. Looking to excel in every opportunity presented and overcome any challenge faced.
predicative and layed back
Security Guard (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Security is a pretty layed back job.
you learn to be more observant
The management can be pretty helpful
Don't rely on your co workers
Couldn't ask for a better company
Security Director (Former Employee), West Liberty, KYJanuary 24, 2015
The job was is an opportunity for anyone to learn basic job skills and learn the responsibility of working in and around people in the public. I would recommend this comapny to anyone.
quiet workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 23, 2015
The work site was quiet until the peak hours. Made sure I kept order when letting trucks in and out of the truck yard. I worked alone.After 7 pm the truck yard was quiet.
love
Security Guard (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2015
people welcomed me with open arms, always honest and open. will go beyond to help out others.
hardest part is trying to keep everybody safe and sound due to the population of the people there.
Great company overall
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 15, 2014
US Security is a great company to work for where you can learn new skills on a everyday basis, not all site are properly administrated but the office is always willing to work on a transfer to a different post.
horrible plaace so unprofessional
Security Officer (Current Employee), californiaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: too much gossip, unprofessional
Supervisor gossips alot about other guards. No Career advancement opportunities, Never give complete uniform to security guards.
fun place to work, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee), Mercedes, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: paid while on break
Cons: short lunch break
most enjoyable part working with good coworkers. not a very difficult job
Seasonal Postion
Security Guard (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaDecember 5, 2014
My position at U.S Associates was an seasonal position for one of the biggest sale events. While working that event I was guarding entrances and exits, directing people to the entrance and greeting as people entered the building. I learned how to control a crowed and maintain a crowed.
Security Company
Office Manager/Manager of Recruiting (Former Employee), Southfield, MINovember 19, 2014
Pros: being able to learn a new business after many years in the medical field
Cons: not being able to take lunch breaks.
I called potential candidates for interviews,
Interviewed each candidate for Security office positions to decrease over time..
Drug screen potential candidates, ran background and fingerprint checks on candidates.
Placement of Security Officer Position ads online, college boards, newspapers and attended job fairs for the company
Completed FMLA paperwork for employees
gathered information for workman's comp including drug screens, incident reports.
I also would cover the front office window i.e. greeted people who came into the office, answer phones, help candidates with on line applications.
Managed and worked with the front staff to make sure it ran smoothly.
Handled any issues that were brought to my attention, i.e. discipline issues, scheduling time off, coverage, etc.
I took minutes of weekly and monthly management meetings,
Gather reports for Branch Manager
I also maintained the ordering of office supplies, business forms.
I worked well with my co workers, always willing to help out when needed,

The part I like the most is meeting new people who I would interview and also working with our current employees who needed help and I was able to take care of any of there issues.
Productive Fun Yet Serious Place To Work At.
Security officer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 18, 2014
Cons: healthcare receptionist security officer
Worked overnight so there was really no excitement but there was more freedom its was very safe and secure. The work was very easy not much to do because of the lack of traffic at night.
Computer literate would help to adjust to the job atmosphere.
good
Security guard (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
walked around and monitored a plant. Kept log of whose coming in to work. Checked vehicles and any one coming inside of the plant. Made deliveries for the plant. Checked master point and did patrols.

1 2 3 4 5