U.s Security Associates Employee Reviews

Post
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2016
Depending on post assigned it will make your experience of being a security officer. This is a great job and I recommend anyone to at least go through the training process to see if it is right for them.
Pros
helping others. independent work
Cons
not many
nothing to say
guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2016
nothing to say at this time. I did not have a good time with this company. Management was very hard to deal wioth. There is a lot of racisim in the company
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
The company is Ok
Security Site Supervisor Lead/Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2016
Every company can strive to be better. This company can be better with more Administrate help.And it would be nice if the company had more sites the officers can go to and work more hurs to make 40 hours a week.
Pros
They have sites to go to
Cons
Need more full time position and better pay
Management needs to change!!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 12, 2016
No overtime after new manafment. If they forget to pay you for hours they will not pick up the phone or email you back. im going on half a year now with back pay over $200 still needing...
Pros
no pros
Cons
money loss! no over time
productive
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 9, 2015
Coworkers and upper management was nice. I would say the hardest thing about the job was going to work not knowing if you would return home that day due to being an armed guard.
Not a job for me
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 7, 2015
In a typical night at work, I performed routine rounds of complex, assisted with any medical/personal occurrences with tenants at the property, wrote incident reports and daily logs.
Cons
No breaks at all.
total waste of time
Security guard (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 27, 2015
bad managment couldnt treat employees with any respect
most employees lied cheated or stole things
most were on drugs
overall horrible place to work
Great work/life balance
Plant Protection (Current Employee) –  Brackenridge, PANovember 13, 2015
There's opportunity to develop a schedule that creates a great work/life balance. There is also opportunity to transfer between locations, if need be.
Pros
work/life balance, overtime opportunity
Cons
Compensation/benefits
stable
security (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work consist of me monitoring the yard while validating vehicles being pulled in and out. Co-workers are co-workers nothing more nor less and the work is un-organized.
pretty cool job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2015
Management is good, depending on where you are contracted. My best advise for any person looking to make decent money as a security guard, would be at your county. Look who the company is because when you're contracted by county, or government agencies the pay is a bit better and benefits are better as well. Not to mention you get Saturday's and Sunday's off for most posts.
Pros
Flexibility on scheduling is great
Cons
standing long periods of time

Want to know more about U.s Security Associates?

Ask a question
prouductive wrk place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2015
the job is and good job I just wish they would rotate the weekend cause they have problems with people coming in to work and then that puts and strain on the next person
Pros
pay
Cons
pay
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 8, 2015
The company itself is nice to work for, but they do have a lot of payroll issues that DO NOT get resolved quickly. I have been out 300 + dollars for 3 weeks now.
poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2015
Didn't get paid on time, and management was horrible.The people doing the scheduling were uncoordinated.The quality of work was poor and dangerous with no supervision for new comers.
overall a great company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canton, CTSeptember 24, 2015
I work for a company staffed by great supervisors and co workers. They expect a lot from you but as long as you do what they ask and get the job done there won't be any problems, The staff are very friendly and you work as team.
Bad place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I was a armed security guard at this company for about a year, in this time there was no job stability I always had to move posts and for less money. I came on to be a armed guard but most of the time I did unarmed which was less money. Management also had no idea what was going on in or out of the office just completely unorganized. You would also have to write your hours down because your check might be short.
Pros
working by yourself
Cons
working for this company
physically demanding and stressful
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 20, 2015
A typical day is constantly patrolling without any lunch breaks. I only received 2 10 minute breaks each day. I received the most overtime hours than any coworker.
Pros
always work
Cons
no lunch breaks
Prodcutive and Relaxed Work Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PASeptember 16, 2015
Great staff
Flexible schedule
Fun Personnel
Teamwork
Workflow varies at times
Clean Facility
Management very prompt when requests/needs are required
great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  morrisveiw health care facilityAugust 20, 2015
a Typical Day at work is busy , I've learned how to deal with attitudes from customers on a daily basis such as keeping calm and showing kindness no matter the situation, my co-workers were great people to work with they've helped me learn more about the job, the hardest part of the job which I have yet to overcome is n/a the most enjoyable part of the day is keeping and making sure everyone is okay.
Great experience, learned leadership
Lieutenant/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, IllinoisAugust 11, 2015
I worked 8 hour shifts working security and protecting a mall. Worked along with the local police on retail thefts, fights, and other crimes committed on the property.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Did not have great benefits
Productive Patrol
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work firstly, starts with our daily security logs. Once logs are complete required gear and equipment is put on for our authoritative figure and safety. Patrol routes are designed for security officers to patrol the area. Once patrol routes start it is my job to patrol the area along with scanning. U.S Security Associates use Risk360 to ensure our routes are done accurately. Our scans are set for each hour until close. While on patrol it is also my job to answer the phone and assist the public as well as contractors.If there is an issue it is my job to enforce the law and elimate all problems, such as putting people or peoples on trespass etc. After all scans are done for the day it is time to close. It is my job to make the closing announcement, then immediately lock all doors.
Pros
Simple and effective and get to work the Kokomo Police department.
Cons
No breaks