UBS Employee Reviews

Overall good company
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2018
With the exception of some weak managers (style), UBS offers good benefits and opportunities for the individual who is on top of networking and professional development.
Benefits
Cons
Stagnant salaries for operations/administrative staff
Fun workplace
Wealth Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 14, 2018
UBS is a company full of learning opportunities and with lots and lots of resources to develop its employees. This is a great company to work for and start your career
Great company, hard to handle workload
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2018
I have been with UBS for exactly one year and have seen a lot of turnover in my department and ones surrounding me. I am over 40 and feel like I am in the extreme minority of people my age in this area. I enjoy what I do but my only regret is, the company will not hire more people in my work area. I am salaried but work over 10 hours a day because there are not enough workers to handle the tasks at hand, and this needs to be rectified. I stress a lot with this job because work will pile up very fast with only one other person on my team, having started with a total of three others besides myself last year.

Work/Life balance is good but on an average day at UBS, I only get up out of my chair once because I am so eye deep in work.
Pros
Good vacation, downtown parking discounts
Cons
Too much work for one department, onboarding needs improvement.
Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 13, 2018
The US operations has been challenged with divergent mission statements from parent oversight. Lack of clarity in the core goals challenge the integration of wealth management and investment banking efforts.
good
Sr. full stack/web Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
its a contract so i dont have much to say because it was already told that its going to be a end of contart the same time when i joined them so no hard feeling
Pros
competetive
Cons
nothing
Professional, good upbeat people, good benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
My limited experience as an IT developer at UBS has been very good. Management may be just as bad as everywhere else :) but my direct managers have been fair and understanding. The company is Swiss which means they are very careful about data security and doing things right. They are also generally good, kind people. That is one of the reasons I took the job.
Pros
Professionalism, good health and vacation benefits, good people in IT (not cut-throat)
Cons
Professionalism, lots of paperwork and red tape, not exciting, big corporation
A low stress cooperative environment
Registered Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJanuary 11, 2018
A low stress cooperative environment, where there was some, but not much career advancement within the office. I was not there long enough, to pursue career advancement within the entire company, as I left with the financial advisers I supported, to start up Double Diamond Investment Group; where I currently work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hours were not flexible at all
Ubs
Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJJanuary 10, 2018
Excellent firm to start and build a career. Everyone is helpful and communicative to all employees. They work as a family and are a great place to start a career
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Lot of good and really smart people at the company. would highly recommend as it is a good place to work overall. hours can be long and the tasks tough but overall no complaints
Fun work place
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 8, 2018
The workplace culture was so warm and welcoming. They had birthday parties for each employee, and Holidays, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year was such a fantastic memories for me.
Nice place to work
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJanuary 8, 2018
The work was challenging and good. Management was extremely supportive. Interesting, challenging projects. Very pleasant location.
Great friendly cooworkers.
Pros
Management was extremely supportive
UBS is a world wide leading bank
Trader Assistant - Fixed Income Derivatives desk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Produced daily P&L for traders. Posted swap unwinds and set daily swings. Notified traders of daily option events. input all trading desk activity into database.
CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2018
I was hired in 2014 as a contractor for two years. During that time I was met with tons of support. UBS invested in all employees without regards of you hired status. As a contractor I was treated as a regular full time employee. The compensation was in lined with full-time UBS employees.

They have a professional, but relaxed culture. The CEOs are engaged with normal operational employees. I would truly recommend UBS to anyone who want to work for a company that understand their staff.
Pros
Company Culture, Compensation, Health Benefits, Free Lunch, incentatives, and working hours
Cons
Offers to many contracts instead of direct hire
UBS Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2018
Good place to intern. The teams are small, so you get a lot of opportunity for one-on-one time with your supervisor, which provides for good professional development.
Pros
Small teams
Cons
Kind of slow-paced
Contracting Work
AML Specialist, Compliance/Risk (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJanuary 3, 2018
Great facility and great accommodations. I work here as a contractor and I have not had any problems. The work is straightforward and the staff are all very helpful.
Rebuilding
Director, Global Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Former bulge bracket powerhouse on a never ending course to rebuild the franchise. Lots of tension between management in the US and UK and home office.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Turnover and turmoil
Very educational position where advancement is always available.
FACILITIES ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Worked for a small intimate team as part of a huge banking corporation. Spent time interacting with most if not all departments within company, encompassing several floors of the Board of Trade. Always given opportunities for growth and advancement, always treated with respect. Managed office duties for Facilities department and learned and operated AutoCAD for creating new office space and updating existing spaces within building.

Very relaxed atmostphere but very serious work. Dress code was comfortable and culture was the same, serious, but fun.

Management of all levels worked with everyone on an even playing field. One of the best jobs, and companies I ever had the pleasure of having/working for.
Pros
Good pay, bonuses, great relationships built
Cons
Commute
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work, Everyone was extremely nice. Very fast paced environment. Great benefits, wonderful time off and paid vacation. Does get extremely stressful towards the end of the year.
Excellent working env.
PROJECT LEAD OF EUA AND DTP (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 28, 2017
Excellent Working environment and using up-to date Technology.
All employee are very knowledgeable and professional.
Also very good as a team player and co-ordinate in real-time.
Ubs
Corporate Vice-President Performance Solutions (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 25, 2017
I spent the majority of time working on integration and building out a Global L&D and OD function. I partnered with Human Resource Business Partners to develop them so they could implement talent and change management.
Pros
challenge, opportunity to do many different things.
Cons
The integration of Painwebber and UBS was slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.