UBS Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced and great atmosphere.
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2016
At UBS Financial Services, I was able to intern under a great wealth management team in the Orange County. My ability to communicate over the telephone improved vastly.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
Serious workplace but down to earth employees
Account Intern (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 2, 2016
I loved my time with UBS. Working with senior professionals and being allowed to work with minimum supervision was a plus!
Pros
Lunch meetings/industry insight
Cons
Drive time in winter months
employment at UBS
Registered Client Associate (Current Employee) –  New London, CTApril 25, 2016
Good Company to work for and has a good working environment. Benefits are also competitive as well. Overall a good experience.
Very diversified motivated work force with excellent work environment.
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 17, 2016
I work in a team called application Infrastructure. The team is excellent having very good professional knowledge and motivated to work for the company. Everyone helps each other in their work, a perfect example of team work. The work is very stressful as we work in production service. Every step in production service is very important for the company. The scope of learning is very high, with lot materials of learning including safari available online. Learned the job of system admin and database administrator. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things everyday and problem solving.
Ubs
Recruitment Associate (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJApril 12, 2016
I truly enjoy working for UBS Financial Services, the job culture here is very exciting and allows me to work in a content manner. My team is very professional and always there to give a helping hand when I need it. Being that I work with such a great time keeps me motivated to work everyday with a smile.
MLB network
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJApril 4, 2016
MLB network was a fun place to work at with a great work culture. During my time working here I learned a lot about how a TV network is run.
Pros
meeting MLB athletes
Cons
not too much opportunity to grow
Summer Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 2, 2016
Excellent environment for learning the industry. Worked with established team assisting with client reviews and research.
Typical (Euro) Banking Atmosphere
Equity Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 31, 2016
All the usual banking stereotypes
Euro banks are a little more collegiate in atmosphere in comparison

- Very smart and hard working people
- Not as intense as the other top bank rivals (according to colleagues that have moved on)
- Had a great team, a lot depends on the team you are with.
- Hardest part are the long hours and external pressure
-Most enjoyable are the people on my team
Pros
You're working in one of the most respected financial institutions in the world
Cons
Short lunch if any, Not much room to move up because upper management isn't going anywhere
Do NOT consider this place
Syndicate Operations (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 28, 2016
They have a clause in their full-time employee contracts that allows them to work their employees overtime, but only pay them half-time!!! Bunch of crooks!!! There is too much turnover in the upper mgmt.
Productive Successful Financial Services
Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 13, 2016
UBS embraces a team atmosphere where opportunities abound. I have been working for UBS for many years and will soon be retiring from my post.
Poor organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TennesseeMarch 11, 2016
Don't get to see the actual line manager face to face to communicate the real issues in the office. Project management is extremely poor. No project manager, business analyts, and even when you speak your concerns, no higher authority gets to know of your concerns to address it. Communications is very poor among teammates, and also team and business. No laid down structure for IT projects, just a bunch of top guys demanding things to be done their way. They just want team to deliver a quality product on a deadline but care not how you get it done. Very frustrating with teammates who thinks highly of themselves and won't do team collaboration.
Pros
The ability to remote on some days.
Cons
No team collaboration, Rigid deadline for product delivery, Poor organization and management for IT teams, Poor communication among teammates, business and teams.
Excellent company
Sr. Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAMarch 8, 2016
Excellent company. Excellent benefits. Made a lot of friends here. Only left to relocate; otherwise, would have stayed there. Up to date processes and technology.
Pros
Management communicated well with employees.
Great place to start your career in Wealth Management
Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 8, 2016
Great place to start your career in Wealth Management. The firm will sponsor your series 7 and 66 license. Management was flexible and gave me time to study during the work day.
Complex Crredit Risk Officer
Complex Credit Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 6, 2016
Monitors and implements surveillance and supervision procedures to manage all facets of risk

Facilitates regular and consistent communication of UBS Financial Services policies and other regulations

Works with Complex Manager and Senior Complex Risk Officer to monitor people risk, and assure appropriate action is taken

Responsible for proactive client contact in determining suitability and managing risk

Primary source for intelligence on risk in regard to clients and Financial Advisors

Liaises with the Legal and Compliance Division with customer complaints and litigation

Provides guidance on policies and procedures in order to promote risk awareness and a compliant environment

Supports in the preparation for and response to audit exams, and ensures an audit findings are appropriately responded to and remediated
Management was overly stern; expected far to much of support staff verus brokers
Senior Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 3, 2016
Co-Workers were excellent; management was rather overbearing.
Did not understand the need for medical appointments or emergency family situations. Expected far too much of support staff in addition to applying firm rules and regs to staff as opposed to the brokers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poorly managed
Great Place to work
Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 1, 2016
Great people to work with. culture is to empower employees to take initiative. Management supports all good ideas.Was able to coordinate while still being technical.
Bad experience
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 27, 2016
They are focusing on the moving the jobs overseas. No Job security. It is great Pay but with no Job security... Immature Management.
It all depends what you do there
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2016
If you work for yourself as a financial advisor with a successful practice this could be among the best places to work not just in the industry but maybe even in the entire country.

If you're on the support side it's a decent company with good European benefits. But your level of happiness will depend on the people you support and the management you have (which seems to change quite a bit). I can say that most of the people at UBS are decent people, but there is definitely some level of nepotism with regards to selecting management positions.I had a decent manager, but some of them are chosen purely for political reasons (like their distant relative is a big client).

Also, if you're young and attractive be prepared for the "old-timers" who will envy you. Why? Because they have worked there so long (likely underpaid and under-appreciated) that you couldn't wipe the miserable look off their face if you tried. It's these types of people that made it hardest for a young woman with no finance background to work there.

The hardest part of working at this type of job is learning the business, it's quite different from working at a law firm, which is where I came from. They also pressure you to get a Series 7 which is an extremely hard test for someone without a finance background.
I was ultimately asked to leave after failing twice, I ended up going back to my old job. I don't miss anything about UBS except the free lunches and extremely clean office.
Pros
free lunches, some people happy all the time, very clean office
Cons
limited time spent with actual manager, many of our group meetings were pointless
Busy office with a lot of contact with banks, funds and company branches.
Mutual Funds, Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of making sure that corrections were done in a timely manner, with buys and sells being entered before the cutoff time. Efficiency was a key element to the job. Daily contact with company branches to ensure their requests were being processed accurately and in a timely manner were also priority. From time to time management would make changes, sometimes for the good and sometimes not. Co-workers for the most part became like a family. Everyone seemed to get along pretty well and helped one another when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the very demanding personalities of the financial advisers when a problem arose. The most enjoyable part of the job was how well our group got along and helped one another.
Pros
Being able to go to a manager if a problem got too big to solve alone.
Cons
Dealing with difficult branch personnel.
excellent
Marketing Director - Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Enjoyed working with the best in class products and services at UBS Wealth Management. Talented staff dedicated to excellence.