UBS Employee Reviews

Work elsewhere and move back for the promotion
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2017
UBS doesn't promote from within, and the promotions only happen once a year at a firm-wide level. Quickest way to move up is to work elsewhere and move into the rank and position you want.
Healthcare policy was just changed; which covers less and costs more.
Pros
Vacation TIme
Cons
Promotions
Intern for UBS
Financial Advising Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2017
I was an intern for a financial advising team. This means that the review is more specific to the team rather than to the company as a whole. I enjoyed my time there and I believed I gained good exposure to the business world and the financial services industry specifically.
Professional work place
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 27, 2017
You come in professionally, log in, and do your best to help client's/advisors with what they need assistance with. It's a very comfortable work environment. Some calls are frustrating but majority are very simple.
Pros
Very friendly work environment, great training
Cons
short breaks, temporary work
Great place for a summer internship
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 25, 2017
Was lucky to spend a summer working for UBS as an intern which was by far one of the greatest experiences I had the pleasure of receiving while in school.
Stuck in 2008
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2017
There is no concise philosophy on what they want to be. There was a time when it was a great company to work and then management changed again. When that happened, the culture evaporated.
Pros
Smaller and European
Cons
Smaller and European
Contract work with UBS
instructional designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2017
I have no worked full time at UBS so I'm not sure that this review is applicable to the company as a whole, but the group I did work with were very intelligent and great.
Competitve Environment
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
UBS provides a competitive environment to work and learn more about the financial industry. It has gone thru many changes over the last few years, but overall most people who have stayed are good people. The hardest part about UBS is how spread thin everyone is given the staff reductions in recent years.
Fun office
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at UBS. We had very solid leadership who got the best out of all the employees. It was very relaxed and the clients were very amusing.
Intern for Financial Advisor
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 20, 2017
Interned for an experience senior financial advisor at UBS. Helped complete side projects and tasks that helped him work better with his clients and find information in files faster.
Pros
Lots of projects, free lunches + wholesaler talks
Cons
Work was isolated from others, hard to ask questions about how programs worked
Fun work place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMarch 17, 2017
Everyone in there make you feel welcome, they provide help with task that you might have question, its just an amazing place to work at. Theres nothing hard about UBS.
overall, my experience was good.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 17, 2017
as a consultant I felt that my experience at UBS was good. the work assigned was not hard to accomplish. I was able to take on more responsibilities as I gained more experience in the day to day operations.
Pros
work environment was comfortable, they provided a full cafeteria
UBS was good place to work not anymore
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 16, 2017
Relocation of IT staff and data center move is the current project and all the work has been outsourced. Layoffs is common, basically the bank is reducing staff.
Challenging and productive
Senior Representative/Associate (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 16, 2017
I learned a lot from the company and different supervisors I dealt with. Co-workers were very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was when there were laying off people and you don't know if you were next on line.
Large Company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 15, 2017
Long hours at work, may cause a disruption in life balance. Compensation/ Benefits are good compare to other companies with the same positions. The job culture is to get the job done and go home.
A fun job to develop public relations
Messenger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
This was the best ever job I joined ! I have to look for mail and deliver to ubs employees in the building. I met many New Yorkers as their culture and life style .
Pros
Little paid
Cons
Metro card and food
Positive Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 14, 2017
Was a very enjoyable and relaxed experience where I was able to expand my Microsoft excel skills as well as learn about multiple Mutual fund companies while sitting in on office lunch meetings
workplace culture
Assistant Vice President/National Collections (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 14, 2017
Completed a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
Planned and coordinated and ensured the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provided "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
Decent Compensation
Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Large company that can provide opportunities if you're willing to relocate or work in a major marketplace. Work/Life balance not bad. Extreme downsizing within last 5-7 years. Constantly looking for additional head count reductions. Lack of IT budget makes it difficult to get needed changes completed.
UBS Private Wealth Summary
Senior Registered Client Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 10, 2017
UBS is a great company to work with, having worked for the company for 9 years I am proud to say.
A majority of my day would be spent rebalancing portfolios through custom designed excel spreadsheets. Also, fielding multiple client inquiries via email and phone. Providing excellent client service is a top priority.
UBS is an extremely professional environment offering white gloves services.
Great for gaining experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 10, 2017
Lots of avenues to explore but promises of help to find advancement where you are most interested falls short of expectations. The dangling carrot seemingly gets smaller and farther in terms of compensation/ bonus pool. In managements own words, "this is a way of taking back this quarter what they gave you last quarter".

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.