La Jolla United Methodist Nursery School is seeking a fulltime Executive Director for its Reggio Emilia Nursery School. Please review the Qualifications and Overview for more information. If qualified you are welcome to submit resume and a cover letter stating why you believe you are a good fit for this position by May 15. Please email cover letter and resume. We ask that you do not contact the school during the open application period.
1. Minimum 12 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units
2. Minimum of 3 Early Childhood Education (ECE) units in Administration
3. Prefer a BS degree with major emphasis in Early Childhood Education or Child Development and five years teaching experience in a licensed childcare program
4. Minimum of five years’ experience collaborating in a quality early childhood program
5. Demonstrate knowledge of Child Development Theory, Developmentally Appropriate Practice and the Reggio Emilia Approach
6. A valid CA driver’s license, insurance and willing to use it on the job
- Management experience as Director or Program Director
- Six Early Childhood Education (ECE) units in Administration
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Knowledge of Title 22 Regulations
- Current CCL Orientation Certificate
Must have a professional, positive, friendly, and helpful personality
Computer Skills, specifically:
a. Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel.
b. LJUMCNS operates in a Mac environment
c. General Internet and e-mail
Overview - Job Description:
The Executive Director will function as the overall supervisor to all business aspects of the Preschool and is responsible for its overall financial and community success. Including but not limited to supervision of all employees, ensuring a developmentally appropriate program for children ages 2-5 that maintains the Title 22 requirements set by the Department of Social Services – Community Care Licensing Division, developing & maintaining budget, and communications with all groups of the Church (congregation and church committees). The Executive Director will work closely with and collaborate with the Program Director on a daily basis and ensure compliance with all Nursery School Policies and Procedures for staff and children. The Executive Director will have an understanding of the Preschool as a ministry of La Jolla United Methodist Church.
Salary/Benefits: $55,000 - $70,000, 4 weeks’ vacation/year, 12 sick days, 13 paid holidays, health insurance, 401k-2.5% employer match, FSA