******PLEASE USE THIS LINK TO APPLY**** PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL YOUR RESUME*********
******PLEASE USE THE LINK TO APPLY****
Administrative Assistant, G-5, PD, New York
Vacancy No: I-VN-2013-000254
Duty Station: New York
Country: United States of America
Region: NY HQ
Job Level: G-5
Application Close: 21-Feb-13
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Sanitation and Water for All (SWA) is a global partnership of developing countries, donors, multi-lateral agencies, civil society and other development organisations working together to achieve universal and sustainable access to sanitation and drinking water, with an immediate focus on meeting the Millennium Development Goals in the most off-track countries. UNICEF's Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) section hosts the Secretariat for SWA and is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant. Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, SWA, performs a variety of communication, information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services, in support of the SWA Secretariat in the WASH Section.
Key Expected Results
1. Assist in the preparation, follow up and information dissemination of SWA Steering Committee meetings, work-plans, documents and reports, including logistical arrangements and drafting of agendas and minutes and email correspondence with Steering Committee Members and other related stakeholders (including UNICEF WASH Staff). This includes
support to the Chair and Vice-Chair including drafting correspondence and travel arrangements
2. Process all contracts and payments and monitor the budget and expenditures allocated to SWA and support the WASH Section budget focal point for preparation and operation of section budget, in consultation with the Chief. This would include review of monthly closure reports to verify, correct, and inform DFAM of actions to be taken; support in the monitoring of the programme budgets, expenditure available to the Cluster; Prepare period draft reports on budget expenditures and allocations for review by supervisors.
3. Assist in the organization of SWA events (workshops, conferences, meetings, etc.), as well as events to which SWA provides inputs, including travel arrangements;
4. Perform routine administrative duties to support the SWA Secretariat staff, in particular the Coordinator, and consultants. Set up meetings and appointments. Assist in the preparation of reports, correspondence, background materials, presentations and working papers. Make travel arrangements, including applications for visas as well as hotel accommodations, reservations, etc. for travellers.
5. Maintain extensive filing system to ensure documentation and archiving.
6. Assist with information dissemination including operationalizing and maintaining an effective information dissemination system and SWA contact database and drafting responses to queries.
7. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organisation, e.g. Social Sciences, Communication.
Five years of progressively responsible working experience in an administrative capacity, of which at least one year closely related to support of programme activities, including the organization of international conferences and meetings.
Fluent English both written and oral
Must pass UN ASAT in English.
Good knowledge of personal computers, applications, word processing and spreadsheet software.
Good organizational skills and drafting ability, tact, discretion, initiative, good judgment and ability to work independently
Highly Desirable Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Knowledge of French language
Prior work experience in organizing high level meetings
Experience with web-development and web-research
Knowledge of the UN System
Knowledge of UNICEF's rules, regulations and procedures
KEY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must pass the UNSAT (Administrative Support Assessment Test) in ENGLISH (Please mention in your cover letter whether you have passed this exam)
- Non US Citizens must be in possession of a US G4 Visa or be a US Permanent Resident
How to Apply
******PLEASE USE THE LINK TO APPLY****
Candidates already registered with UNICEF E-recruitment are requested to submit their application and cover letter by 21-Feb-13 at the link below. Please do a search on the Vacancy Number: I-VN-2013-000254
Candidates that are new to UNICEF E-recruitment will need to register in our system by going to the link below and selecting “Register Here”. Once you have registered, you will be able to search for Vacancy Number: I-VN-2013-000254 and apply with your cover letter.
This is a project post with funds available for one year.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.