Seeking engineer to design and develop embedded control systems and software for advanced military power distribution systems. As a member of the company engineering team, candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of micro-processor and micro-controller based embedded systems.
Ideal candidate will have solid background in electrical theory for algorithm development in real-time control, supervisory control and data acquisition. Experience with distributed control, networked systems and centralized control theories and application preferably in power electronics field is desired. Position will be heavily focused on power system control and data acquisition with distributed, networked control to monitor and control equipment.
Requirements and Experience:
- Five to seven years hardware design experience from initial concept, development board, testing and debugging preferably in power electronics field. Component level analysis and troubleshooting.
- Five to seven years software and firmware development experience from initial concept, prototyping, testing and debugging preferably in power electronics field. Develop firmware based off current, voltage and phase data (i.e. zero cross detection).
- Excellent algorithm design and implementation skills including coding, testing and debugging.
- Develop unit and system tests to exercise the firmware and hardware.
- Solid background in C, C++, C#, VHDL, JAVA, JSON and other programming languages.
- Experience with network and communication protocols such as MODBUS, CANBUS, IEC61850, DNP, TCP/IP, IPv6, SPI, I2C, USB, SNMP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet.
- HMI and GUI development with emphasis on web browser interface and SSL encryption.
- Experience with variety of manufacturers of micro-processor and micro-controller (e.g. Atmel, Freescale, AMD and ARM) in addition to JTAG hardware interface.
- Experience with CPLD and PLC devices as well as systems displays such as LCD, LED and VFD.
- Experience with communication of power line is desirable.
- Experience with board-level debug & bring-up.
- Ability to read schematics, datasheets in order to develop firmware.
- Experience with ORCAD schematic capture, circuit simulation and PCB layout tools is desired.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink modeling environments desirable.
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, meters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with system design and component selection for harsh environments is desirable.
- Familiarity with government information assurance standards for networks is a plus.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret specifications and standards, drawings, technical procedures, and test data. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of engineers, clients, customers and the general public.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE or CS
Indeed - 2 years ago