The University of Connecticut, University Information Technology Services (UITS), is seeking a highly technical and self-motivated Kuali Automated Functional Testing & Continuous Integration Analyst. We are seeking an energetic IT professional who is excited by delivering “best in class” services to the University community. The University of Connecticut (UConn) has been named the top public university in New England for over a decade and is ranked among the top public universities in the nation. UConn is also a Carnegie Foundation Research University, a prestigious honor shared by only the nation's top higher education institutions.
Under the general direction of the Kuali Technical Manager, the Automated Functional Testing & Continuous Integration (AFT&CI) Analyst is responsible for liaison activities between the Finance Systems Quality Assurance organization and the Kuali Technical Support team, providing continuous integration services for Enterprise Financial Applications. The successful candidate must be a proactive individual with strong technical and communication skills who will analyze, design, develop and maintain systems for the University while successfully supporting the requirements of both functional departments and academic colleges and schools.
The candidate will have technical expertise with Dev Ops Continuous Integration and experience in a distributed enterprise build environment. They will retain technical responsibility for automated software testing and quality assurance processes and tools for Finance System’s ERP applications. The AFT&CI Analyst will work closely with the Finance Systems QA Lead to implement and administer tools, processes, and procedures to support regression, upgrade and new feature testing.
As a member of the Kuali Technical Support organization, the AFT&CI Analyst will work with the Configuration Manager (CM) and Development team to improve processes and employ automation in support of the application lifecycle. Additionally, this position also provides backup to the CM supporting build and deployment processes, application environment administration and production support and troubleshooting. The AFT&CI Analyst will be responsible for the administration of the Dev Ops tools and environments and provide support to the CM and developers in their utilization of the tools.
This position requires implementation of new technologies, follow through, and the ability to work with minimal supervision and in a dynamic team environment. The job entails working closely with team members from the application development areas as well as Finance Systems.
1. A solid IT background including a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. 2+ years of Continuous Integration experience preferably in a distributed enterprise build environment
3. 2+ years of experience administering & supporting Automated Test environment
4. Prior experience working in/supporting a software QA organization
5. Proficiency in Java and/or Ruby development
6. Prior experience in linux or unix system administration
7. Proficiency in writing scripts (e.g. Perl, shell, Python)
8. Familiarity with J2EE application build and deployment standards
9. Experience with Subversion and Jenkins (or similar)
10. Experience with Apache and Tomcat (or similar)
11. Familiarity with open source build tools
12. Good written and oral communication skills
13. Experience working in a team environment and across various functional areas
1. Experience with one or more of the following open source technologies: Watr, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium
2. Experience with deployment and management of Apache, Samba, Kerberos, OpenLDAP, DNS, DHCP, MySQL, OpenAFS, CAS, Shibboleth, Tomcat, Plone, FreeRADIUS (or similar products and applications)
3. Experience with large, complex strategic initiatives such as Identity & Access Management, Business Continuity, Service Oriented Architecture
4. Formal training in project management – certification a plus
5. Experience working in Higher Education
6. Working knowledge of Kuali Financial system or similar enterprise applications
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate’s background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: http://www.hr.uconn.edu/docs/enrgde.pdf
For additional information about the University, visit www.uconn.edu. For detailed position information and the job description, visit http://uitsjobs.uconn.edu/.
Interested candidates please submit a letter of application and resume that demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications you may have for this position, and a list of contact information for three professional references. For information on the University’s search processes, which includes how your application will be scored for interview, visit: http://www.ode.uconn.edu/search/guideline.html. Please apply on-line using the University’s Husky Hire applicant system at http://jobs.uconn.edu. Please reference Job ID #2014138. Screening will begin immediately.
The University of Connecticut is EEO/AA employer and in keeping with our commitment to build a culturally diverse community, the University of Connecticut invites applications from women, people with disabilities and members of minority groups.