UPS
7,023 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Great
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Virginia, MNFebruary 27, 2015
I loved every second of working for UPS although I wish I had gotten more hours. People were friendly and the pay was excellent no complaints except the cold.
productive
General Laborer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
fast paced work environment, good team work,ok scheduling, need improve pay rate,could improve working hours for seasonal helpers
Nice
Unloader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: early start time/early quit time
Cons: the 8 year wait to go from part to full time
Work day was rather early which give me time to get other things done throughout the day or even have a second job. It was pretty much easy going. Fast paced considering having to empty trailers within 35 mintues
Rapid advancement company based on integrity, responsibility
Lead/IPLD Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: outstanding benefits, great retirement plan, guaranteed salary with ability to earn overtime
Work environment where no two days were the same, as unique situations arose to be addressed and dealt with instantaneously, ranging from staffing issues, to equipment failure, to catastrophic weather events. The culture of accountability allowed for any employee to choose their own destiny, where the more capable you presented yourself, and the more results produced, the more responsibility was given to further your career. I was fortunate to always have been regarded as one of my managers "go-to" performers, and that allowed me to learn many different positions from different departments, allowing for flexibility within the operation.
ups job
Preload (Former Employee), Maspeth, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare and benefits
Cons: hot in summer and cold in winter
no easy days,good work place ,friendly people,learned hard work pays off,loading 1200 boxes in 4 to 5 hours wasn't the easiest thing in the world
Great starting off company with future career with great company
Package Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of supervisor leadership
fast paced warehouse with mediocre management,a variety of types of people to work with.the hardest part of my job is mass shipments of a single product.
good job
Package handler/ cover driver (Current Employee), Metairie, LaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
good job handling packages to the correct trucks hardest part is waking up a 3am great people to work with is the best part but ears before you can move up in the company.
excellent employment opportunity for college student
Shipping/Receiving Material Technician (Former Employee), Doraville, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits: work location convienent to home: descent rate of pay
Cons: past paced production: excessive lifting:
Worked in a warehouse distribution center: very high pace energetic atmosphere: worked 4-6 hour shifts: worked early morning shift 4am til 9am
safe envioroment
pre-loader (Current Employee), atlanta,gaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, physical job, heavy lifting
I really enjoy to work for this company, busy mornings loading trucks, reading shipping labels. friendly co-workers.
it was fun working with the driver
helper (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDFebruary 26, 2015
work was work it was different every day delivering packages talking to people weather was good and bad depend on certain days
Not a very nice work environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: none that i can think of.
Cons: very physically demanding. unionized workers, you pick up their slack.
It is very fast paced, and very hard work. You are expected to work in 5th gear the entire time you are there. Management tends to think you are a machine, and work you very, very hard. It might be for some people, but it is not for me.
Labor Intensive
-Strict management
-Short workdays
Not desierable
Package Handler (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: no breaks.
UPS sucks period.........BUT if you were to stay there for more than a year, the benefits are phenomenal!! Plus the company has its own Union. Job advancement is really upon request.
Great work place to earn good experience
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Working at UPS made me an harder worker because its an fast pace job. i enjoyed working at this job because it kept me busy and the pay was good. The hardest part of working with UPS is when holidays came around but that just mean we had to work even harder to accomplish our goals.
Great job as a part-time or professional
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hiawatha, IAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great opportunty for advancement, great environment to learn and test skills.
Cons: holiday season
Worked with a great group of people who consistently helped our center be ranked #1 in our district. Great opportunity for advancement and to learn new skills.
Good pay but no hours
Unloader (Former Employee), Doraville, GAFebruary 25, 2015
I was worked hard within the little hours I recieved. I did very hard work with little compensation. I also had unpaid overtime when I left the company and and have yet to be compensated.
ups growth and exprience
Package Handler (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: time it takes to grow
not working at the company anymore.
but the over all work experience was good lots of room for advancement and growth.
i learned how to be more detailed with my work and to be efficient as well.
Excellent benefits for part time employees
Bulk Loader (Current Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits paid for for family
Cons: part-time hours only
UPS is just a part time job for full time benefits for family. No out of pocket cost for medical, dental, vision, etc, etc. The waiting list for full time (combo job) is at least a waiting period of 10 -11 years (currently I am at 7.5 years). I get along with everyone. I am ask to do just about everything.
Fortune 500 company and Very diverse place to work
Loader & Safety Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits-medical&dental coverage is awesome
Cons: only one 10 min break, with such a rigorous job
A typical day at work is four to six hours, sometimes more, loading and unloading.

I've learned different names of cities that I never knew existed, along with their area codes.

Management is okay, like all places you have you good ones and bad ones.

Co-workers, a diverse group of individuals that get to learn so much about if you're lucky enough to partner with someone.

The hardest part of the job is when you're under-staffed and have to load/unload multiple trailers alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is always the employees; so many different people you meet from all over with different backgrounds and goals.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: always getting free gear and food
Cons: the hours werent great.
There is always work to do which is good because I like a job where I stay busy. I learned a lot about how the business runs and how to work the systems that they use. I was able to build up more experience with Microsoft Office and much more. The co-workers became like friends to me. Everyone was always laughing and joking around with each other, which made the work day enjoyable.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more