UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,139 reviews matching the search
Overall it's good job to have.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at UPS is that you are busy from the time you start until you end the day. You are in a trailer under hot or cold weather conditions, you load and scan packages.
The only thing I have learned is how to deal with different personalities.
Management at times was a little difficult but there are times that it was great to be employee at UPS. Management implemented a incentive program where employees where given free cash cards, or items from the UPS catalogue for their hard work and to let them know they are part of the company. The co-workers while I was working at UPS was great, it help to have people you can talk to and understand the work environment we work in. The hardest part of the job was working under the changing weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job their of course getting paid every week and having friends.
Benefits
Cons
You work extremely hard in extreme conditions.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 26, 2016
Typical workday is very busy, fast paced,but learning environment. Enjoy team work, and assisting co workers when deemed necessary. The hardest part of the job is being tasks when no guidance or policy/procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people, working in a diverse environment and learning a new skill with the ability to successfully reach the company goals and expectations.
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
no breaks, working holidays
best job i ever had
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2016
ups was a good work experience but very hard physically many job duties made for a full day but after completing 20 years of service I decided to retire
UPS was a very good place to work but the compensation couldn't accomodate my life style.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 26, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for the individual of this particular location. I also liked the environment, probably because it was only 3 of us. Therefore, we got to know one another's work habits very well & it was very easy to adjust and work together. I would stayed here if the compensation was adequate for my family.
Pros
close to my home, family oriented, wholesome environment
Cons
low pay
micro-managing workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
part time job only 4 hour work days due to the fact that the work involved is so strenuous.Lots of repetitive heavy lifting can be hard after a while.Constant micro managing. I was not being let out on time to make it to class.
Pros
tuition assistance, weekly pay
Productive & fast paced work
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2016
It's a great company to work for if you have "tough skin". The opportunities for advancement are good but you have to put yourself out as moving up is your best plan. They are stuck in their old ways but overall they compensate you for your continued commitment.
Easy and fast paced job with amazing benefits
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 26, 2016
Its a fast paced job that could tire you, but your so into the job that you lose track of time and before you know it your already off. Great co workers that have no problem helping you out. for example there are items that weigh over 100 lbs and anyone would volunteer to help you team lift that object.
Hot busy Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 25, 2016
A day at ups was the worst. I never really liked that job but i have things in life that had to be done. Working at ups I've learned that a job is not suppose to be fun. The management was terrible, my coworkers was the only reason i liked coming to work. Working at ups was very hard for me because everyone that worked there were men. So you're dealing with comments everyday, jokes about not being able to do certain things, it was just a lot. The most i enjoyed about my job is my breaks and being able to go home.
Good first job, not great for college graduates
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2016
Good job if you want to get in great shape.

Lots of politics.

Not great environment for women, getting better, though.

Takes forever to get seniority, but if you stay with it, you get an opportunity to make a nice living.

Supervisor turnover is high. High-stress environment for management.

Many accidents, easy to get hurt.

Don't take this job if you have allergies! They will get worse!
Pros
good benefits, hard to get fired
Cons
no air conditioning, lots of dust, high school mentality
decent
Loader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
This job is not for everyone. Physical ever single day of your career. False promises from managers that have no idea what they are doing.Make sure you eat before you come in and bring a bag lunch with water. If you are not in shape do not apply.
Tough environment to work in but can be alot of fun
Front-Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 25, 2016
I have been at UPS for 10 years and have been in management for eight. A typical day is very intense and can be a lot of fun. But there can also be a lot of negativity. Overall I have learned a ton about how to manage people, how to be a great operator, and about the high demands of the shipping industry. The people I work with are great and I have made a lot of friends over the years. The hardest part of my job is when I come in on a hot summer day and we have a ton of work to do. It gets a lot harder to motivate your employees to get the job done...but we still get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my day is at the end of the day when we have accomplished our goals and the building has hit its production plan
Strenuous work hours and work atmosphere
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 25, 2016
Move 10-100lbs. boxes from trucks to conveyor belts. Did not work here for long because of an unrelated work injury. the haredest part was dealing with the high temperatures in the trucks. Hardly ever spoke to co-workers because of the constant activity.
Enjoyed the challenging environment
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 25, 2016
It's a very demanding environment, it takes a lot of athleticism, I enjoyed the pace, as well as the responsibilities that I had.
Pros
Good beginning to a possible lifelong career.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. They actually care about their employees and treat them with respect. I like the fact that the hours fit with my school schedule and that they had training that included safety tips. It is a great job if you are looking for a lifetime career.
Pros
free lunch every friday, decent break, benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
U.S. Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 24, 2016
Releasing shipments coming into the United States Customs.
Management was very professional.Co workers worked side by side in order to conform to U.S. Customs requirements.
UPS Worklife
(UPS) Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2016
UPS Supervisor life is very busy. Have to do a lot in a small time frame and limited help. Great place to gain experience. You have to hold your workers accountable as a Supervisor. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be completed at the end of each shift depending on what is your job title. Training for Sups need to be completed every month.
Pros
Nice stock options
Cons
No Cons
Great workplace and Potential to advance
Frontline Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
UPS is a great company that molds individuals into time manager and effeicint person and worker. UPS is known to promote from within which is a plus if you are looking to advance
Pros
Steady work, steady pay, weekly pay
Cons
Better management
Fun and easy work environment with good scheduling
Sales Associate & Packer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 23, 2016
On average we get about 150-200 packages for us to process and package. The co-workers are great and the management is a work in progress. I have learned how to package packages to UPS standards. The hardest part is the short hours and small amount of pay, however, the environment is great and we get a wide variety of people who come in the doors.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good scheduling
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, short hours
Good place to work overall
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2016
Good place to work very safety conscience, good benefits. Overall one of the better places I have worked for to date. Typical day at work consists of picking up load driving to destination, usually multiple stops.
Pros
lots of mile
Cons
short home times
Package Handler
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2016
loading and unloading trailers at a fast pace, making sure all packages arrive and sent to the appropriate destinations. scanning incoming and outgoing packages, and providing the proper care for each and individual package.