UPS

8.5K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

High stress work enviornment, with decent benifits
Part time Supervisor (Current Employee), earth city, missouriAugust 28, 2015
Pros: BBQs monthly
Cons: Shortbreaks
In a typical day I must solve problems in my work area, while supervising my employees. I have learned a lot of management skills from this position. Also how to be organized and on time with filling out paper work.
Productive workplace
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work, great benefits when and a good union. The hours are more part time which is a plus since it is a warehouse that is not temperature controlled. You can go full time once you have been with the company for a while and you would either go into management or become a company driver.
Hard work!!
Unloader (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
Pros: You have your own workspace and great benefits
Cons: Horrible Pay
Not really my type of environment...Too much work and too little pay! UPS employees should make at least $15 starting pay in my opinion.
it was okay
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2015
It wasn't bad but could have been better, they did offer school for employees, which was good but after being there 7 years it was just time for a change.
Working for UPS
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 27, 2015
It is a great job with great people and great benefits and i am happy to say that i am a UPS employee. The hours are flexible and if you are a student they have great benefits as well.
Ehh
High value Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Nothing really
Cons: Ehhh
it was a a decent place to work at full time. I learned don't ever put fragile on any of your packages, the loaders don't care at all.
Management was alright, non micromanage.
Hardest part was wanting to spend your night at work
most enjoyable was getting the exercise walking around the hub.
Good company
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Pikeville, KYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Treatment of employees
It is okay for a p/t job to go to to school, that is it.

Employees are just treated as a number and not as a person.

No recognition for hard work.
ups
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: their peak season
Cons: seniorotiy ego trip
nothing to say about this job it was ok to work there there could have been more hours
we went over volume opend the trucks started working got a break to go eat or smoke or just go sit down then back to work until the time to go
Great opportunities for advancement, but not a young person's culture
Global Sales Operations - CRM Technology Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
UPS has great opportunities, but the culture is geared towards 40+. The building is always quiet like you are walking on eggshells, but definitely diverse and good place to settle for the long haul.
Stressful, no-win environment for middle management
FRONT-LINE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 26, 2015
Middle management (front-line, part time supervisor) was the worst position in the company. No matter what, you never could have a good day. Upper management and the union employees wouldn't allow for it. My advice would be to stay in the union unless you have a degree to try and go full time.
I love my job.
loader (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: easy to come up in company
Cons: non
A typical day for me is loading and unloading trucks in a timely manner. I've learned the basic of the company in my first few months. I have great managers, and my co workers are cool. Their really isn't a hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part is it is easy to grow in the company.
UPS
Package Handler (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2015
As a part-time Package Handler, I have learned and still learning that you have to multitask and plan ahead for future events that may occur.
High pace get it done environment.
Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 26, 2015
Challenging and rewarding job. There is constant movement in positions plenty to learn and improve on. The people are fun to work with.
wonderful place to work
Package Supervisor (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not full time
I love my job and love to come to work everyday fun place to work wonderful management team wonderful co-workers just wish that they had full time positions available
Holiday position
Driver Helper, Sales Route (Former Employee), Bound Brook, NJAugust 26, 2015
Pros: time flies, fast paced
Cons: must have the physical abilities
Great Job, fast paced you work hard and time flies should be able to lift more then 50lbs great as a second job during the holidays for extra cash
Good starter job.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Union membership and good benifits.
A decent place to work provided you have no aversion to a fast pace and hard work. The excellent benefits including help with college expenses make it worthwhile especially for younger individuals looking to start a career or go back to school.
They use good workers
package handler (Former Employee), philidelphia paAugust 26, 2015
You have to wait years for fulltime and they over use you when you work good it is full of alot of lazy people who do the bare minimum to get by.
Productive fun place
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Current Employee), Sparks, MDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Slow Managers
I like the opportunities that brown offer for men with families after they after they have put in time with the company. Great Benefits, Insurance discounts, phone discounts, menswear discounts, and union support.
a typical day at work
package handler (Current Employee), louisville, kyAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free schooling night shift
Cons: short breaks anyone can move up to be sup.
it is a fast paced place to work time can seem to go slow but fast you are constantly working and moving throughout the day you are there work along side regular people with same knowledge you have the chance to show others how to succeed and get through the night by lifting and lowering up 70+ pounds . you can take advantage of ups by furthering your career by school to work or earn to learn so you can go to college and it will be paid for or have half paid either way ups is a great company to work for.
A great place to work with great people
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Richmond, CAAugust 25, 2015
a great company to work for plenty of perks and simple work that's fun to do and fun to interact with customers everyday. partly physical labor but manageable.
Headquarters