UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,758 reviews matching the search
Needs to go back to the basic
Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2016
This company is so money oriented they do not really care about their customers nor their employees. They will approve anything without thinking about the cost in the long run. They will go out of business if they do not take their customer and employees into consideration. They do not allow for overtime for my position and they expect you to be available when they want you there. Typical work days are ok, but the management team can sometimes be demanding without courtesy. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the attitudes of drivers, customers, and customer reps.
Pros
ok healthcare
Cons
no recognition
Its ok
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 25, 2016
The job was good and very busy during the holiday season. When "peak" arrived in March there was no more work. Would come in and not know what you would be working on. Most were sent out to different accounts to do the work they didn't want their employees doing. Would rather train new people every week then to make one current employee happy. Management was quite hands off and unprofessional. The pay was a joke. Tried advancing a few times with no luck so had to move on.
Pros
Cons
compensation
Incredibly hard job
PACKAGE DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 23, 2016
I actually enjoyed working as a package delivery driver, but I was in the minority there. Everyone seemed to hate the job. Working 10-12 hours a day makes for great pay, but makes a life outside of work nearly impossible. The management lies and hints at the idea of getting a full-time position to make you work harder, then cuts you loose whenever they don't need you. I would've loved to stay here for the long-haul if the management was more honest.
Pros
wages
Cons
hours, management
Best job
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYMay 4, 2016
A typical work day at UPS is long, you get tired sometimes, but get an hour break. I learned how to move effectively delivering packages and carrying heavy loads. Management was good, they did not tolerate unprofessional behavior. My co- workers are fun and easy going, but the also get the job done. The hardest part of the job is walking in terrible weather conditions carrying heavy loads. The most enjoyable part of the job is moving on to the next delivery spot.
Pros
hands on, out doors
UPS Review
Frontline Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
A typical day for myself includes a high energy and intense operation. I am perfecting the art of handling multiple activities while leading the participating work force to our common goal of being safe, providing quality service to our customer, and remaining within a cost efficient sort span. I work within a very team oriented environment which is the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job is staying positive due to circumstances that can sometimes be outside of your control.
Pros
Internal competitions, team work, and Metro United Way Cookouts
Cons
Training, working conditions, and poor staffing
Strong solid company with proven record.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
This is a top company. No games, professionalism is the standard. Know what is needed and do it. No excuses work hard and you will do well. Not a place to do personal expression, The work is mostly achieving the company goals in time proven methods. Expression and creativity can be part of an upper managers day but only a part. This company knows what it is doing and will communicate its goals. If you want to help them the job can be rewarding.
Up and Down Environment
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 7, 2016
When i started off at Ups, it definitely took a little adjusting. I worked nights so my body had to physically and mentally adapt to that environment. It's a very fast paced environment, everything is done quickly and orderly. While I worked, I had many chances to socialize adding a few new friends into my life. Personally, Ups helped build my hand-eye coordination skills very fluently, as I progressed I became known as one of the most reliable loaders on my dock.
Pros
Good pay/ weekly pay
Cons
Very poor management, a lot of confusion daily throughout each work day. Unfortunately, I was only able to work part time.
Warehouse position;very fast-paced and memorization based
Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2016
Sorting hundreds of packages per hour based on the color coordinated zip code.
I learned a lot about assembly line production and package handling.
Management was awesome, and always made adjustments if necessary, along with working beside employees during the job.
Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was the pace.
Most enjoyable aspect of the job was overtime and benefits.
Pros
Benefits and overtime
Cons
Very fast paced and Memorizing hundreds of zip codes
Not a bad college job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2016
Overall, probably the best job a college student can have. Working as a third shift package handler will pay for 100% of your in-state college tuition through the metro-college plan (to my knowledge, Louisville, Ky only). The management is inconsistent and your entire job can drastically change at the drop of a hat for no reason whatsoever. The union provides a decent level of security, though. Overall a decent job with good benefits.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
unreliable management
overall positive work environment with the opportunity for career growth.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 15, 2016
a typical day consist of relocating packages from terminal to terminal and adhering to the required timeline for delivery. what i learned at UPS is that they take Punctuality and Safety to a higher level and my managers and co-workers were always there to help me get the job done as safely and quick as possible. the hardest part of the job was dealing with rush hour traffic. the most enjoyable part was the camaraderie that developed with management and co-workers.
Pros
good equipment and standard work schedule.
Cons
the job is seasonal and i need full time work.
Fast paced and demanding warehouse work in a Union environment.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 15, 2016
If you want to lose weight, get reasonable pay, really good dental and medical benefits, and don't mind the box dust, being a package handler in a UPS warehouse is a pretty good gig. The hours start early for preload shifts but then you are done early. They paid weekly and if you live in a right to work state your Union dues are optional. However being in a Union attracts very annoying workers who refuse to step up if they know a task is not strictly required of them.
Pros
Good compensation/benefits
Cons
Some coworkers supremely uncooperative
Active and fun
Ups Driver Helper - SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed myself . Kept me busy, always on my feet. The majority of the drivers were nice and accepting. This job is time conscious. The faster you go the better
I learned how to scan the package and receive signatures and how to organize the packages by the number on it.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to find certain house addresses depending on the neighborhood and/or figuring out how to deliver huge/heavy packages.
Pros
outside, interactions with different people
Cons
Repetitive sometimes.
easy job
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 21, 2016
When I arrive at my job I assess the day so far. I turn on my computer, I check on the orders that are coming in and make sure
the drivers are arriving soon. The most enjoyable part of my job
is the fellow co-workers I get to share my space with. The management is very easy going. They know I am reliable when it comes to arriving on time and ready to work. The only hard part
about the job is when other employees are not doing their work. Most
of the time they are on their cell phones.
Pros
dress comfortably free lunches
Cons
low pay to start
seasonal work with ability to become full time
Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MDMay 6, 2016
This is just a seasonal positon that is needed during the holiday. You can work in the warehouse local to you and help sort packages and parcels and either load, unload, or relocate them. There is also another position which is a delivory man helper. this position is pretty easy, all you do is sit in the truck and drop off boxes to peoples houses.
Pros
Good for highschool and college students
Cons
seasonal, doesnt pay very well
Productive and Challenging
CSRII (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 19, 2016
Work started as 2nd shift... very outgoing people.. UPS drivers always had stories... Co-workers were very colorful characters... always cracking jokes... made it easy to go in ... and spend 8 hours .. the hardest part of the job is that I had second shift and left my kids to be looked out at night... Working with UPS Drivers and my boss... celebrations of birthdays... with BBQ and cake... they all made us feel like we were family ...
Pros
ordered UPS memorabilia
Cons
not all paperwork was given to send out freight internationally
A painful experience
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
Every single day was,a battle to go to work and stay the day through every co worker was very opinionated in the worse ways,not friendly Very laborious work back breaking and mind warping If you decide to do this type of work you better be in good shape and have lots of patience's I was glad when the day was over I did not won't to go back I knew I had to find something much more flexible and atmosphere friendly I enjoyed nothing here.
Pros
Cons
stress, unhappiness, sore, tire, dread
United Parcel Service
Industrial Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2016
A typical day at work includes being greeted by the morning drivers as I converse with each of them to learn their schedules and routes. My job was to manage and reroute the existing delivery routes into a more efficient on time and money system. My communication skills improved greatly during my time within this company. The hardest part was honestly the easiest, learning everyone's names. It was such a large company with many wonderful employees, it was hard to learn them all. But I was very familiar with faces.
Physical Labor job, time consuming, good, hard working job.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 20, 2016
A typical day, I would meet my Uncle, who was my driver, at a certain location, and then we would drive around delivering packages all day to his locations. It was a fast paced job, and very physical, considering all the packages were different shapes, some were very big and awkwardly packed and others were small. Finally, the weather would never stop us, the rule is it dosen't matter, rain, sleet, snow, whatever the weather was, you had top deliver that day, and the day wasn't over until the last package was delivered.
Pros
Hard Working, Fast Paced
Cons
Weather Conditions
Great Company With Great Benefits and Pay Potential.
Truck Driver Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2016
A typical day of work is loading and unloading packages and delivering house to house with a package car.

I have learned to value hard work and how to see things through to completion.

Management demands hard work but are fair and help you when needed.

Co-workers are generally caring and helpful inside and outside of work.

The hardest part of the job is that it's pretty physically and fast paced.

The most enjoyable part of the job is some level of freedom in driving and interacting with employees and people outside when delivering.
Pros
Tuition reembursement, Insurance, and a 401K program for part-time employees.
Cons
A very fun and social job for the night owls.
Ramp Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 15, 2016
My crew had the graveyard shift that started anywhere from midnight to 3 AM. We would usually start out by bringing in,unloading, loading, then sending off some of the larger aircraft (MD-11, Boeing 767, Boeing 747) then move onto the smaller propeller aircraft and load them with individual packages and send them off ending our work day at around 11 AM or so. Most of the people working there were very friendly and were willing to help at a moment's notice. The management could have done a better job. The hardest part of the job was finding the energy to load the last plane. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being there working. It was a very fun experience.
Pros
Great people, great workout