UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,131 reviews matching the search
Hot busy Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 25, 2016
A day at ups was the worst. I never really liked that job but i have things in life that had to be done. Working at ups I've learned that a job is not suppose to be fun. The management was terrible, my coworkers was the only reason i liked coming to work. Working at ups was very hard for me because everyone that worked there were men. So you're dealing with comments everyday, jokes about not being able to do certain things, it was just a lot. The most i enjoyed about my job is my breaks and being able to go home.
Good first job, not great for college graduates
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2016
Good job if you want to get in great shape.

Lots of politics.

Not great environment for women, getting better, though.

Takes forever to get seniority, but if you stay with it, you get an opportunity to make a nice living.

Supervisor turnover is high. High-stress environment for management.

Many accidents, easy to get hurt.

Don't take this job if you have allergies! They will get worse!
Pros
good benefits, hard to get fired
Cons
no air conditioning, lots of dust, high school mentality
decent
Loader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
This job is not for everyone. Physical ever single day of your career. False promises from managers that have no idea what they are doing.Make sure you eat before you come in and bring a bag lunch with water. If you are not in shape do not apply.
Tough environment to work in but can be alot of fun
Front-Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 25, 2016
I have been at UPS for 10 years and have been in management for eight. A typical day is very intense and can be a lot of fun. But there can also be a lot of negativity. Overall I have learned a ton about how to manage people, how to be a great operator, and about the high demands of the shipping industry. The people I work with are great and I have made a lot of friends over the years. The hardest part of my job is when I come in on a hot summer day and we have a ton of work to do. It gets a lot harder to motivate your employees to get the job done...but we still get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my day is at the end of the day when we have accomplished our goals and the building has hit its production plan
Strenuous work hours and work atmosphere
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 25, 2016
Move 10-100lbs. boxes from trucks to conveyor belts. Did not work here for long because of an unrelated work injury. the haredest part was dealing with the high temperatures in the trucks. Hardly ever spoke to co-workers because of the constant activity.
Enjoyed the challenging environment
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 25, 2016
It's a very demanding environment, it takes a lot of athleticism, I enjoyed the pace, as well as the responsibilities that I had.
Pros
Good beginning to a possible lifelong career.
Package Handler
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 24, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. They actually care about their employees and treat them with respect. I like the fact that the hours fit with my school schedule and that they had training that included safety tips. It is a great job if you are looking for a lifetime career.
Pros
free lunch every friday, decent break, benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
U.S. Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 24, 2016
Releasing shipments coming into the United States Customs.
Management was very professional.Co workers worked side by side in order to conform to U.S. Customs requirements.
UPS Worklife
(UPS) Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2016
UPS Supervisor life is very busy. Have to do a lot in a small time frame and limited help. Great place to gain experience. You have to hold your workers accountable as a Supervisor. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be completed at the end of each shift depending on what is your job title. Training for Sups need to be completed every month.
Pros
Nice stock options
Cons
No Cons
Great workplace and Potential to advance
Frontline Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2016
UPS is a great company that molds individuals into time manager and effeicint person and worker. UPS is known to promote from within which is a plus if you are looking to advance
Pros
Steady work, steady pay, weekly pay
Cons
Better management
Good place to work overall
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2016
Good place to work very safety conscience, good benefits. Overall one of the better places I have worked for to date. Typical day at work consists of picking up load driving to destination, usually multiple stops.
Pros
lots of mile
Cons
short home times
Package Handler
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2016
loading and unloading trailers at a fast pace, making sure all packages arrive and sent to the appropriate destinations. scanning incoming and outgoing packages, and providing the proper care for each and individual package.
Productive and fun, lots of work to do.
Pre-Loader (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 22, 2016
Would come into the warehouse and load the packages in chronological order, as well as neatly, into the trucks I was assigned too, for the drivers to deliver to the customers in a timely manner.
Rough, but builds character
Loader, Unloader, Bagger, and De-bagger (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2016
Working at UPS is to work in a very fast-paced environment. The work may have a lull at times, but the work does not stop. Initially, I worked as a Loader, but was soon moved to a different section of the facility where I worked at a conveyor belt de-bagging tote bags sent from the trailers. To decide if the management is good or not depends on your perspective. Some supervisors are very likable people, others only seem to care about getting the job done w/o regard to the other workers. What I enjoyed most from the job was getting into great shape, and learning that my work ethic is amazing when applying what I've learned about working hard at UPS to other areas of my life.
Package Handling
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2016
Great hours, and an awesome work environment. It was a pleasure working here last winter. My position was only temporary and seasonal but I would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking for a job for the holidays.
The jobs atmosphere is great
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 22, 2016
The management make sure you're happy or at least try there best! If you don't feel good they make sure you get to sit down and take a break!
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
HARD labor
Soul Crushing for family orientated people
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 22, 2016
You work hard for your compensation of benefits and good wage. The cost is they do not care about your health/safety until you actually get injured, reactive not proactive, and caring about seeing your family is a joke.
The harder you work, the more work they put on you with no compensation other than you get to work more hours.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
They do not care about you or your family
No time for fun nothing but hard work!
A.M. Loader (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2016
UPS is a fast pace job and you have to be at work 4:00 a.m. in the morning ready to work and I mean work. There's a lot lifting of heavy boxes and dangerous goods.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad conditions/no air for trunk drivers or for warehouse workers
productive day at the park
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 22, 2016
Working real hard. Bringing home money and taking care of your family. helping other from time to time. its always nice to give back.
Good pay, steady but early hours, good benefits, bad managers.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 21, 2016
It was a lot of hard work, most of the day was hard physical labor. Most of the people you will work with and around don't care about the job or you, but there are friendly people that you will find. Management was the worst part of the job they don't care about you or your co-workers at all, they see you as expendable and replaceable. That at times is the hardest part of the job. The nicst part to be honest is the pay.
Pros
Nice pay, great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, Hard and early hours.