UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,936 reviews matching the search
unloading trucks
Mover (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 27, 2016
I really like this job. The managers are cool and friendly.All you have to do is work hard and you will be fine. The only thing I dislike are the hours are from 4-9am and only like 2 days a week
Very Productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 27, 2016
While this was my first job, it taught me discipline, and how to conduct myself in a work environment. I would say the hard part about this job was unloading a sears truck by myself once a night, but it was very productive.
productive and fun workplace
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 27, 2016
a typical day at work is i go in and immediately start unloading trucks that are filled with boxes and bags of mail hardest part of my job was to lift some of the things by myself
Needs improved standards for hiring new employees
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
A typical work day includes unloading and loading trailers with a forklift. Management lacks the motivation to improve operation performance and the employees give substantially low effort to load trailers correctly without the damage of freight. The hardest part of this job is trying to be a christian and show compassion towards everyone 100% of the time. I've learned how to pilot agitated co-workers into a more peaceful state of mind during my time at UPS FREIGHT. The most enjoyable part however, is holiday pay on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Independence day, and more.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Unhealthy Environment
Steady work, thats about all I can say.
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 26, 2016
Unfortunately, these stores are franchised, so it all depends on the owner. The guy who owned the last store I worked at was.....I'll just he wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. We didn't get any type of benefits, no insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, nothing. The only reason I stayed at this job was because of its proximity to my home and I got as many hours as I wanted.
Pros
Could take a break almost any time I wanted
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace with great leadership in upper management
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJune 26, 2016
Most work days were consistent, except during peak season (end of yr holidays). Hardest part of job was rude customers who could not comprehend drivers will not turn around for them and try a re-delivery.
Pros
tuition assistance, benefits
Cons
lots of busy work with out a real challenge
Great company
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2016
Wake up at 3 am and go back home by 9 am.
Moved boxes/ heavy objects.
Management was very hands off.
Co-workers were jerks.
Hardest part was the hours of abuse on my body.
the enjoyable part of the job was i could have a second job.
Pros
rare cook outs
Cons
union work
productive
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 26, 2016
work is hard labor and requires you to be physically and mentally read to get through the work day, also co-workers are easy and fun to work with
Pros
job security
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Caring Place to Work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 26, 2016
The United Parcel is a great place to work. The job provides rewarding benefits and a high level productive career. UPS is a fun place to work and our supervisors are great people that allow us to work independent. You also is provide with chances to move up in the company from loaders to eventually supervisor, so give UPS a shot you won't be disappointed!!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Part time
extremely fast paced
Preload, Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJune 26, 2016
while my time at UPS was short, i really liked it. the compensation was great, and i liked the fellow employees. however you had to pay extremely close attention to what you were doing or you were gonna end up behind. and besides the being up really early, the heavy lifting, and the short break you get it could really pay off in the long run.
Work place
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  WINDSORLOCKS,CTJune 25, 2016
Great place to work.All departments worked together to get the job done.The people from the top down were great to work with and working on airplanes was my mission in the work place
Pros
GREAT BENIFITS
Cons
NIGHT SHIFT WORK
Supervisor
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 25, 2016
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, which sometimes can be long hours. On call 24/7. Employees are great to work with and very dependable,
Productive in package handling
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2016
Great place to work for additional cash.
Four hour shift only
Management is great
Weather challenges
It is a great way to keep in shape
Pros
4 hour shift
Cons
hourly rate
fun and productive
Air Ramp (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJune 24, 2016
Being able to learn and focus on task at hand and expand my work ethic to further broaden my horizons for the future. Finding ways to stay productive and stable.
Pros
Able to move around and stay active.
Cons
Bad weather conditions
very productive facility with a lot of benefits and recognition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 23, 2016
A typical would be multitasking paperwork. Doing service tests on employees every hour and updating trailer percentages every half hour and spending time with your employees for at least 5 to 10 minutes at a time. I have learned over 19 years of service that you must earn the resoect of your people in order to get respect of your employees and you must learn to listen to your employees when a problem arises.The upper management is ok. Some of them needs to be trusted and more helpful in advanced placement. Most of my co-workers are great people and fun to be around. the hardest part of the job is maintain consistency of good numbers because it fluctuates depending on the new employees etc. The enjoyable part of the job is being off on the weekends.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Short breaks, part-time hours.
Management work is hard, not much positive reinforcement.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 23, 2016
Starting out not many hours. 10 bucks an hour starting off with decent incentives. Becoming a part time supervisor is attainable but it gets bad after that. Get yelled at everyday for stuff you can't control. Everything that happens is your fault, just gets old. You dont get paid for all the time you work. Especially at the toledo hub. only 10 minute break.
Pros
decent pay and incentives.
Cons
bad management, don't get paid for hours
Relaxed but productive environment
Facilities Engineerig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical in the data center environment. My day can range from managing projects and drawings to addressing equipment failures and coming up with solutions. I learned that paying attention to detail is very critical in every aspect in an environment where there is no room for error. I had a great relationship my co-workers. What I enjoyed most about the job is the day to day challenge of operating a data center to keep my mind stimulated.
Pros
Great time flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed the position, great drivers and benefits.

Typical work day:
receives, screens, and route over 400 incoming calls plus other electronic correspondence; pass out over 100 job assignments to drivers; as well as, completing all necessary forms, log documents into the system and route them to the appropriate parties. This department was central center for 7 department.

Learning Experience:
Shipping, union policies, proper handling issues, situations and circumstances. I learned something new everyday.

Management/Coworkers
Open door policy. I work as directed

Hardest part:
Working with people who don't take pride in their work performance and office conduct code.

Enjoyable part:
working well with a team
Pros
Fortune 500 Company
Cons
healthcare, stock
Very physically demanding, yet there's always a high sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2016
Being a loader at UPS you're basically getting paid to work out. Highly physically demanding work, but you always have a strong sense of accomplishment at the end of the night. I enjoyed working with UPS immensely. My crew was always willing to work as a team and help others whenever it was needed. The only issue is that it takes years to get into full time. I most definitely would work for UPS again if I had the opportunity.
good stable company
Lead Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 23, 2016
Good work environment, good pay scale. I am looking for a change to give me more of a challenge, perhaps in sales. Excellent retirement benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
confined to workstation