UPS Employee Reviews

Did what I had to do with what I had to work with
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FlaNovember 18, 2017
I love to hustle but the driver that i was working with was a complete waste of time. Was no encouragement to continue working with him.He was just a complete pain that's all.
Pros
Hustling to meet deadline
Cons
Incompatabillity with the driver I was matched up with did not help the situation at all.
Great Place To Work
Seasonal Package Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 18, 2017
Fast paced work keeps you physically and mentally fit. Must follow stick guidelines for delivery and be aware of traffic and changing weather conditions.
Fast pace work environment
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 18, 2017
You have to move at a really fast pace. To get the job done. Overall the managers are very friendly and they will help if you need it. Everyone there is really nice for the most part.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short breaks and very cold
Productive and fun work place
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTNovember 18, 2017
I enjoy the work out and fast pace. I appreciate the ups team member with welcoming with open arms and showing me the right way. Also enjoy coming to work because it's a positive work place.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Short breaks
Hectic, but better than working fast-food
Retail Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 18, 2017
It is what you make of it. Some days can be a breeze, other days will make you want to quit. Management can suck depending on the supervisor but the job is very secure. Very hard work but the benefits are worth it.
Fast paced, very competive, met great individuals.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2017
Rise early for work. Excited and pumped about doing what I enjoy doing...packing, merchandising, making sure every package arrived in tact and safe. Great place to work.
Fun working with the planes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 17, 2017
I had a great time meeting new people and working with all the planes. It was really amazing to be so close to the jets and being inside the back of the planes.
Serious, hard work, fast paced.
courier, dispatcher and manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2017
Very, very fast paced and very physical work. Lots of time oriented goals and very much micro management. Daily production goals and reviewed daily. High accountability.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
Too physical and micro management.
Ups is ok
Sales Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
UPS is a good job to start off with not really much in career advancement but the pay is OK and the hours are good. You learn a lot about customer service and had a pack and ship packages
Good Job
Pre-loader (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 17, 2017
It was a very intense and fast paced job. When one is barely starting off there quitting will seem like such a great option but just get through the first week and it will all be worth it.
My favorite job
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2017
I liked the drivers and helping the customers resolve their package issues. I disliked the pettiness of some management and loss prevention guy harassed the operation managers working dispatch out with frivolous matters such as parking and cellphones. No immediate room for advancement. Hours were part-time so you can have a life and got paid weekly, wonderful benefits.
Pros
Benefits, some of the people
Cons
Management acted like bullies, no immediate advancement
productive in the workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 17, 2017
A typical day at UPS includes where your going to work, what section. Once your there you have a paper thats has colors for ups packaging letting you know where each package goes. We work as a team to get things done. The workplace is satisfactory as well as management. The hardest part of the job is learning to place heavy packages on the belts. Overall its a great place to work.
Fun workplace
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 17, 2017
I was in charge of the customer service desk at the Silver Spring, MD UPS store. My responsibilities included getting the customers’ packages shipped to the right places and also tracking lost packages. My position required me to interact with lots of customers which taught me a lot of customer service skills as well as respect and honesty towards customers.
fast paced work place sure too keep you on your toes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 17, 2017
working for ups a typical day at work was getting my scanner ready and loading the trucks. on average a worker would load about 1500 to 1700 packages a night. boxes and packages all weights and sizes. I was at about 1700-1900 on average nights. 2000+ on a good night when loading.
Pros
you dont need a gym
Cons
alot of labor for some people might be too much
Day work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2017
Translate freight bills and manifest to for proper route placement.
Use sitting forklift to move inbound freight to city route trailers.
Maintain 100% accuracy of freight placement, completely intact and not damaged, while following all safety guidelines.
very stressful job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2017
A very cut throat job that overtakes ones personal life. A extremely competitive job that demands a lot of mental fortitude. I loved the way corporate treated its employees, It is the local management that needs of dire attention.
I put up with harassment that I never thought I would for money
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  coloradoNovember 17, 2017
After 14 years of employment I was in an altercation with a member of management, he touched me, I was fired and they chose to keep their manager employed, but the company has a zero tolerance for work place violence.
Pros
decent pay after 5 years
Cons
management has por communication
Great Company, Great employees, competitive, fast paced
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 16, 2017
I would've loved to stay @ UPS. I had a great boss, good job, no stress and I was surrounded by great coworkers. I only left because it was too much on me to travel from my full time job @ Newark Airport to UPS in Parsippany for over night hours.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Hours are not set, they vary based on need
Great Employer
Customer Service Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
Great employer to work for. Excellent full-time benefits for part-time employees after first year of employment. Wonderful discounts on movie tickets, amusement parks, car rentals, games and etc.
Pros
Teamwork environment
Cons
Short breaks, Lots of tideous work
UPS is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant, WFF2DA, Roller bed Mod H (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2017
No complaints. I do not want to leave, however I can not transfer out of my department at this time.

UPS is a wonderful company to work for. I have had 4 positions in the 3 years I have been employed there.
Pros
Benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Outdoor environment