UPS
4,888 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Fun Place To Work
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 14, 2014
UPS is a good place to work, I wish I could work there full time but this was just a seasonal job.
Great Employes
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 14, 2014
This job was very enjoyable. Had a wonderful time with ever driver I helped. It is indeed very hard work but you eventually get use to the routine. I learned how to use the Diad and pretty much could have delivered my route by my self after a couple weeks. Have done it for the past two years and enjoyed every second of it.
a shipping company
UPS-Package Handler (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great place to learn team work
Cons: i cant think of a con it is what it is a shipping company
I had to load and unload package cars. What I learned the most from Ups is team work everybody must work together to make that building run. My co-workers were great always helping out and lending a hand if needed. The hardest part of the job was lifting the overweights when they came through. the most enjoyable was some of my co-workers
Constant movement and Hardwork
Preloader (Current Employee), Watertown, WIApril 14, 2014
I load three trucks everyday. I pull packages off the conveyor belt and load them in correct order. Most co-workers are enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and you don't have time to load your packages into the trucks and you have to stack them. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.
Account Manager
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 14, 2014
Interact with external and internal customers on a daily basis. Ensure customer satisfaction, bring in new and creative ways to save the company time and money.
UPS really care for their employees
Data Entry (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: will always test you for safety rules and give you rewards for knowing
Cons: great benefits and health plans
Room for advancement and they really care about their employees.
Good Place for young people to start at
Operations Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits for a part time job..management easy going
Cons: low pay..starting pay was around $13.50 per hour and you can only work 27.5 hours
UPS is full of part time management employees and trying to land a full time spot is like winning the lottery. I work with people who have been waiting for over 10 years for a full time position.
Fast pacing and focusing job.
Preloader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
On a typical day, I always clock in five minutes early than when I start my shift. During that five minutes, I check each truck assigned to me for undelivered packages and make sure that teach truck is cleaned. Afterwards, I load packages to the assigned trucks throughout the day and make sure I don't misload any package. I learned that staying focus – more... is one of the keys to get the job done correctly. I sometimes ask for a co-worker's help a package is too heavy. The co-worker are also friendly and focused as well. The hard part about being a preloader is making sure there are no misloads and packages are on the right truck. I enjoy the time when can take my time on preloading packages. – less
I enjoyed delivering to clients and talking to them.
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: going for store to store, house to house, delivering.
Cons: traffic
One of the best jobs I've had yet! If the chance came by, and I have currently don't have a job, I'd work there again.
Productive and time sensitive package handling
Unloader, Sorter (Current Employee), Horsham PAApril 13, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: bad hours
A typical day at work would consist of stretching before work and unloading or sorting up to 5 or 6 trucks a shift I have learned many safety procedures i have also learned to sort various packages to their zip codes. The hardest part of the job is getting the job done in a timely fashion while still using safety procedures.
very fast pace
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Bedford Park IlApril 13, 2014
loading/unloading trailers with a sit own forklift I learned how to drive a forklift the management team was very nice a helpful as I started out no one had a problem answering questions or helping out all co-workers are laid back but upbeat
My Co-Worker
Security Dept (Current Employee), Carolina, PRApril 13, 2014
I have a good team of co-worker where our vision are gave a good services for our internal and inside customer.
Hard but fun and rewarding
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, 40-min break, very physical or active, great co-workers
Cons: apartments, you feel rushed sometimes, management can be intimidating but they're just looking out for the company
I worked with UPS as a Driver Helper this past holiday season, and it was everything I had hoped for and more.

First off, your typical day as a driver helper can range from pretty simple to complicated.

You'll be called by either a coordinator from the center you're working out of, or a driver, and told when and where to meet your driver for that – more... day. Most of the time you will be paired with the same driver, but as the season progresses, you could end up with someone else, and even be with multiple drivers in one day! I myself have had 2 different drivers on 2 separate occasions.

Your responsibilities as a helper look like one thing on paper, but may vary depending on what your driver(s) ask you to do. You won't have much contact with management, so they are your bosses. Typically, you'll be running packages to their destinations and operating the DIAD. Meanwhile, your driver will either run another package to a home or business nearby or, more likely, stay on the truck and sort/organize the packages in back. In some cases, or with some drivers, you may be asked to be the one to sort and organize the packages.

The work itself is simple but hard. The most complex part of the job is learning to operate the DIAD quickly and accurately. The hard work is actually handling and delivering packages, especially large and/or heavy ones. In the course of your work, you'll have to abide by the company's safety guidelines while manuevering around yard hazards, stairs, etc., and making your way back to the truck.

This is an EXTREMELY physical job, and if you're not in shape when you start it, you will be when you finish. Especially if you get a route with a lot of apartments.

As mentioned before, you don't get into contact with management very much. Occasionally a manager will ambush you out on the route, just to make sure you're following safety guidelines and working. This only happened to me twice, otherwise the closest contact I had with what might be called "management" was speaking with the coordinators in the morning when they called me.

Co-workers were great. I've got nothing bad to say about the drivers I was with. Some were a bit strict, but this is a time-sensitive job. You have to bring your A-game every day.

I loved working with UPS. I loved the drivers, I loved the customers, the wages weren't bad, and I loved the hours I got. It taught me more about myself and my own resilience than I could have learned at my previous job, and that knowledge will aid me greatly in searching for a new job as I am now more familiar with my limits than I ever could have been before.

RATINGS:
Work/Life Balance: 4/5
-This is a seasonal position that may require part time or full time hours depending on the needs of the company. You could have days where you're on the truck for 10-11 hours (I had at least one 11 hour day).
Compensation/Benefits: 4/5
-For a seasonal position, what they paid me was pretty good. Getting a 40-minute break on longer days, and being able to bring snacks along for the ride is great too. It's hard to ask for more in a seasonal job.
Job Security/Advancement: 1/5
-This is a seasonal job. There is no security; you will work only as needed by the company. No possibility of getting on part-time or otherwise--you have to reapply after the peak season.
Management: 4/5
-Everything is coordinated beautifully and the few times there was a mix up, it got straightened out very quickly. – less
fun
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: part time
I loved working at ups pay was great .but it was part time miss it some time. management team great my co worker cool over night is ok to work hardest part was I couldn't transfer...
Enjoyable workplace
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Watertown, WIApril 12, 2014
enjoyed working with all the staff there. Learned a variety of different types of job duties
Great Co-workers
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Highland Heights, OHApril 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: lifting heavy boxes all day
I delivered packages all day until the truck was empty. I learned how to constantly move to finish in a timely manner. My managers were great. I sometimes was placed with a new driver and I liked them all. The hardest part of my job was non stop lifting of heavy boxes. The most enjoyable part of my job was driving around the different areas and seeing – more... the houses and apartments – less
Lots of heavy lifting
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 11, 2014
Deliviery service was very enjoyable during the time I was their managenet was great co-workers were great.
Fast paced work environment.
Production Warehouse Scanner (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 11, 2014
Pros: fast paced.
Cons: short break time.
I would like to secure a permanent place within the UPS Company. A great place to work.
good
Unloader /weekend driver (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 11, 2014
unload trucks at doc
Drive routes on weekend

hardest part of jobs was the weather
Employees are very friendly and sociable. Great experience working there.
High Value Clerk (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAApril 11, 2014
Random levels of work would occur. Pretty cold but warm up instantly. Easy shift to handle.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more