UPS

9.7K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Found 9,135 reviews matching the search
The hardest part of the job is unsatisfied customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 8, 2016
The customer is never wrong, so it could be hard sometimes trying to figure out what could you do to help him or her. When giving them options and other things that they don't want it can cause the employee to get aggravated to. With certain customers somethings can't be fixed but we try our best.
Pros
discounts, free computer use & printing
The UPS Store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 8, 2016
A wonderful environment. Family oriented and open minded individuals working together makes life a lot easier. I don't think I could have ever asked for better coworkers or employers. I learned so much in a small amount of time. Enough to last a life time.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, vacation time, holidays
good workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2016
I love the environment. it could get frustrating sometimes but as long your focused its overall a good job. the supervisors were nice and were understanding
Great job with great benefits
Pre-Loader (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up my job area, then taking the packages off the belt and loading them into the correct package car by looking at the SPA label. The SPA label is a 7 digit number or letters or combo of both (ex. AR6 - 8478). The package with this SPA would go on the truck marked AR6 and loaded on the 8000 shelf of the truck about where 8478 would be on the shelf or where the driver best likes the stop. My job is a very fast paced environment with one 10 minute break during my shift.
Once was a good compny to work for
Package Handler/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
I learned a lot here as it relates to customer service and in office skills. I worked with some great people. Many no longer work for the company.
Pros
Company bought out
Cons
Combined with another major retailer
Excellent company to work for
Unload, Ctr Clerk, Front Counter, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I was trained over many years to do just about everything for UPS. My days were always extremely busy no matter what job I was doing. Co-workers and management ere both great people to work with, no problems in that area. You do have to have a lot of energy and stamina to work for UPS but on the flip side they do take very good care of you for benefits, healthcare, salary, vacations the whole package.
Package Delivery
Package Delivery Driver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Delivering packages to various customers and businesses in an safe and timely manner. Follow DOT regulations. Provide great cutomer service and appearance .
Friendly but hard working drivers.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2016
The driver that I was paired with during this seasonal driver helper positions was very helpful and understanding that I was new to his routine and I was not very familiar with the area we were delivering in. The times the I did make mistakes in the beginning he did not become overly frustrated with me, but of course was disappointed. My driver took big risks with me when he let me deliver things independently while operating the DIAD soley by myself. This position forced me out of my comfort zone and had me interacting and communicating with many people right away. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was that the days flew by because of how fast paced it was. It was obviously physically strained but Its nice to have a workout outside of the gym.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great hours, Friendly environment, Awesome drivers
Cons
Lunches were few and far between, Short breaks
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Designer and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYFebruary 6, 2016
The UPS Store is a great place to work in the start of your career. You learn many skills that can help you along in your career goals. Is it somewhere you want to work for the rest of your life? Not particularly, unless you wind up becoming a franchise owner. Every owner, manager and store is different. It's a great place to network and meet various types of people. The hardest part of the job is moving up. There is little room for advancement. Take what you can get in the time you need to get it.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, many skills to be learned
Cons
Varies between owners, competitive
Hard working Enviroment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Working in UPS Cargo has taught me alot of things, such as learning to load packages onto airplanes and fasten heavy equipment. Only downside was having to work outdoors in any weather condition.
Ups
Cashier, Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Delivering packages to people's homes during the holiday season was a positive experience for me. Great employer, and my supervisor was very easy to work with.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Cold Weather
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 5, 2016
Had a great time working here great environment only down side is unless you are a driver you are on call. Was a very active job but was fun
Pros
Great Pay, Good Environment
Cons
On Call
fun place to work but started late morning and ended late evening
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 5, 2016
a good seasonal job learned how to use the board quickly and usually done all the work while driver sat in truck but he did buy my lunches sometimes and customers were very friendly
Bad luck and timing working here
Preload/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 4, 2016
started from the bottom of a company thats based off seniority.. was told to stick with and over time the opportunity of advancement was worth it.. worked 3 am- 10am M-F and driver helped 11 am -3pm.. considered on sticking with it and making a it a life long career and advance to delivery.. unfortunately I ended up getting laid off with 15+ workers and some of those workers who were committed to job that were laid off have been working there 5+ years..
Pros
Benifits
Cons
management
Good place to work who needs a gym?
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Tinicum Township, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Good company if you need a quick buck during school or other. They're willing to work with anybody and make accommodations if need be for their employees such as extra transportation.
Pros
good starting wage
Cons
only 3 hrs a night
Fun workplace
Seasonal Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I actually loved this job. It was a great experience for me, if it wasn't seasonal i would have more than likely still be working with ups today. Thank you Ups for a great experience.
Pros
tips
fun to work
Driver Helper, UPS (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 4, 2016
del package co works was great management was great, lead how what it takes to del package, the hardest was doing it by dark
Pros
fun
Cons
short time
ups
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 4, 2016
i would assist the driver with deliveries and organize the truck from stop to stop and to leave the customers packages in a cert en place
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no short breaks
It's okay
Pre Loader (Current Employee) –  North Logan, UTFebruary 4, 2016
This job is not terrible, but the hours are pretty insane. Some days are horrible because they are not organized very well.
Pros
Free Medical
Cons
Not enough hours, working in the middle of the night.
learned alot here
On Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2016
Work days are too long
Lots of informative classes
Co-workers were great
Loved taking care of my employees and co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
work life balance