UPS

9.7K reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Found 9,148 reviews matching the search
Customer Service Representative/Trainer
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 10, 2016
Handle employee compliance, organize company records for FAA, OSHA and TSA compliance; train new employees on company procedures and protocol, create and maintain computer based files, data entry, heavy phones and in house communication, shipment tracking, prepare daily reports, knowledge of workplace safety regulations and procedure.
fun good work
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 10, 2016
The hours weren't enough but the work was good the environment was nice my driver was also nice nothing hard about the job whole thing was enjoyable .
Very easy job to do.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 10, 2016
I pretty much do the same thing everyday. My coworkers are cool people and I get along with mostly everyone. What I can say is hard sometimes is the load of packages, meaning how heavy the work load can be. The most enjoyable thing is that its an easy job.
Hard work
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day is working at high rate. Staying busy is a requirement. Heavy lifting is required. Must pay attention to detail.
Pros
Great company
Cons
shift
love the job
Part time - Evenings (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy working here, it is fast paced. I love the benefits that are offered to us. I love the union. I cant wait to become a driver
Fast
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Unload upload
Drive
Rearrange the packages inside truck
Drop off package get chased by dogs
Get bit by dog and lots of running
Pros
DAYS GO FAST
Cons
DOGS DONT LIKE YOU
Difficult workplace but great benefits
Preloader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Management is not the best to work with, but benefits of the job make it worthwhile. Sometimes workload is very heavy to handle in the short amount of time given.
Pros
Simple enough to do.
Great work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2016
up load and down load of air craft, jet fueled air craft, assisted captain and crew. supervised 20 plus employess, and safty around aircraft.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
hard to excel
It was a very fun working environment with an easy work routine.
Cashier, Print Expert, Packer/Shipper, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85032February 9, 2016
This job was great for helping me to learn Logistics with the packing and shipping industry. It also gave me the opportunity to work on my Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills while helping members work on their advertisements or portfolios for businesses. I loved this job, so much so, that when I was leaving I recommended my brother and he was accepted.
Pros
Lots of free time. Opportunities to learn new computer skills.
Cons
Around holidays packing and shipping becomes very hectic an fast paced.
Management friendly but too personal
Shipping Clerk, Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Gained a lot of knowledge about the industry, Business is booming and tends to be very busy, Most enjoyable part of job are two of the coworkers.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers (2), Friendly Management, very compassionate
Cons
Short Staffed, takes to long to find new workers, Punishes for mistakes and does not find new ways to solve the problem.
Good pay, not enough hours. Lacking long term potential.
Pre-load & Cover Driver (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 9, 2016
GREAT company, unfortunately in my rural area the hours and long term potential are very limited. THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!! HOWEVER as a Cover Driver be prepared for very limited hours in rural areas. UPS equipment & training are excellent. I was treated respectfully by management and experienced drivers.
Pros
When given hours GREAT pay, benefits, and training!!
Cons
Not enough hours due to rural area I live and work in.
Very friendly people to work with.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INFebruary 9, 2016
I work with UPS for a few months loved the job but I did not like the fluctuation in the hours during peaks seasons. I was looking for something more stable and consistent hours.
The hardest part of the job is unsatisfied customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 8, 2016
The customer is never wrong, so it could be hard sometimes trying to figure out what could you do to help him or her. When giving them options and other things that they don't want it can cause the employee to get aggravated to. With certain customers somethings can't be fixed but we try our best.
Pros
discounts, free computer use & printing
The UPS Store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 8, 2016
A wonderful environment. Family oriented and open minded individuals working together makes life a lot easier. I don't think I could have ever asked for better coworkers or employers. I learned so much in a small amount of time. Enough to last a life time.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, vacation time, holidays
good workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2016
I love the environment. it could get frustrating sometimes but as long your focused its overall a good job. the supervisors were nice and were understanding
Great job with great benefits
Pre-Loader (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up my job area, then taking the packages off the belt and loading them into the correct package car by looking at the SPA label. The SPA label is a 7 digit number or letters or combo of both (ex. AR6 - 8478). The package with this SPA would go on the truck marked AR6 and loaded on the 8000 shelf of the truck about where 8478 would be on the shelf or where the driver best likes the stop. My job is a very fast paced environment with one 10 minute break during my shift.
Once was a good compny to work for
Package Handler/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
I learned a lot here as it relates to customer service and in office skills. I worked with some great people. Many no longer work for the company.
Pros
Company bought out
Cons
Combined with another major retailer
Excellent company to work for
Unload, Ctr Clerk, Front Counter, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I was trained over many years to do just about everything for UPS. My days were always extremely busy no matter what job I was doing. Co-workers and management ere both great people to work with, no problems in that area. You do have to have a lot of energy and stamina to work for UPS but on the flip side they do take very good care of you for benefits, healthcare, salary, vacations the whole package.
Package Delivery
Package Delivery Driver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Delivering packages to various customers and businesses in an safe and timely manner. Follow DOT regulations. Provide great cutomer service and appearance .
Friendly but hard working drivers.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2016
The driver that I was paired with during this seasonal driver helper positions was very helpful and understanding that I was new to his routine and I was not very familiar with the area we were delivering in. The times the I did make mistakes in the beginning he did not become overly frustrated with me, but of course was disappointed. My driver took big risks with me when he let me deliver things independently while operating the DIAD soley by myself. This position forced me out of my comfort zone and had me interacting and communicating with many people right away. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was that the days flew by because of how fast paced it was. It was obviously physically strained but Its nice to have a workout outside of the gym.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Great hours, Friendly environment, Awesome drivers
Cons
Lunches were few and far between, Short breaks