7,768 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

Driver (Current Employee), Highland Heights, OHMay 28, 2015
Long days, hard work, fast pace. Co workers are helpful, management is under alot of pressure. long days. being able to work alone.
Great job, room for advancement
Loader/ Scanner (Former Employee), Lawnside, NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, people, exercise
Cons: Hard physical labor
I learned what hard physical work meant. It was a great jb, excellent benefits and definitely kept you in shape. The staff were great!
Fun!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Butler, PAMay 28, 2015
I liked seeing all the different things people wanted to get packaged up and send out. It was a very close knit family work environment
1st Shift Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 28, 2015
Pros: Very structured
Cons: Union
Great place to work. A lot like being in the military. I really enjoyed the structure. Lots of opportunity for training. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Sorter (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2015
UPS had a schedule that was part-time and in the evening which gave me the opportunity to be home for my kids during the day so they did not need to be in day care.
great work out and face paced
Warehouse Worker Loader (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
Benifits are great.
you will start part time and will take a long period of time to advance due to seniority.
Set schedule.
Good workplace with great bennifits if you were to stay.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 27, 2015
I liked UPS but I would work 4 to 6 hours with only ONE 10 MINUTE BREAK. I left because It was temporary and because of the one break a day.
UPS is a great company to work for as it provides the job security and benefits needed to provide for my family.
Preloader (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: No room to grow
I start work at 4:15am by "pre-tripping" the trucks I load. Pre-tripping involves removing any obstacles inside the truck such as a handtruck, stocking the truck with totes for next day air envelopes, and pulling any hazmat slips from the previous workday. After that, I pull packages from presorted bins and load them onto the trucks to which they have been assigned. I am also responsible for sending irregular sized packages along the "irreg" belt so they can make their appointed destinations. Most everyone I work with is nice, but there are some who lack motivation and proper work ethic. The hardest part of the job is the heat in Summer. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to temp drive in the fall and winter months.
Work hard, play hard!
Sorter/Loader (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 27, 2015
This place treats employees with respect and dignity. Must work hard to keep your standing. They do provide excellent benefits to their staff. Works well around school schedule.
It was a job, that some people took for granted.
Shipping Clerk for Commercial/Military (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: The 1st year was the best years
Cons: wrong people in a company
I worked at UPS for 4 years, in the 4 years I was there I seem good people go out the door and bad people stay. You know the ones that want come to work and when they do, they don't do any work.
Good helpful co workers.
Loader (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2015
I loved the people that I worked with at ups. I also got a great workout from lifting the boxes at a fast, but safe pace. I also feel like working in the trailers and loading the truck that It gave me the extra push needed to complete any physical demanding job.
Fast paced environment
Operations/Human Resources (Former Employee), Northwest OhioMay 27, 2015
Pros: Rotation of job assignments
Cons: Hours
Work hours generally between 10 to 11.5 hours. Can be stressful at times due to the demands of the job. Co-workers typically band together to resolve issues and provide support to one another.
Management typically very good with tons of experience, but expect results without excuses. The most difficult part of the job were the hours worked. Company did stress a work life balance, but it was difficult at times due to job responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the problem solving and seeing the results from your and co-workers efforts
Great Benefits, No Work/Life Balance
Safety and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee), OregonMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, tuition reimbursement, awesome PTO and vacations
Cons: Long hours, full time jobs are hard to come by, advancement is difficult
UPS offers it's employees great benefits. However, full time jobs for both management and inside employees are few and far between. The company claims it loves to promote from within for management positions, but many of the positions are filled with off-the-street hires. Many of the full time jobs pay very well, however, they definitely require you to for your money, oftentimes requiring full time management employees to work 60+ hours a week (especially during Christmas, aka peak season-- don't expect to see your family much or partake in holiday traditions). Full time jobs also require a college education-- it is almost impossible to advance without a degree. UPS is a family, and the employees, both hourly and management, treat it that way.
Working for UPS was a challenging but enjoyable experience
Seasonal Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GAMay 26, 2015
The work for UPS varied from day to day whether it packing boxes, serving customers, to loading and un loading trucks. There were no goals or incentives but it was a job that when you finished your work for the day, you were done. I learned how to work efficiently and fast while maintaining the quality of work needed to get the job done correctly. It was very fun learning and getting the experience
Best part-time job
Package Handler (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: short shifts, good pay, fast paced enough to keep from getting bored, cool coworkers and supervisors, free holiday turkeys
Cons: have to work two jobs or live really simple but really good paying part-time job after awhile
This was the coolest job I ever had. If I had not been in debt during this time I could have made a comfortable living just working here part-time and worked my way up to supervisor or driver.
good
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee), raleigh ncMay 26, 2015
Pros: fragile products
Cons: dealing with clients dogs
overall the company was a good learning experience

I was blessed to have one designated driver to share the delivery routes with.compares to my coworkers dealing with multiple drivers
Great
Unloader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 26, 2015
Awesome. The supervisors are great and the pay is excellent. It teaches you a lot about what you want to do in life. The hardest part was the training.
Great company to build a career, they love to hire from within.
Pre-Loader (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and opportunity for advancment
Cons: no breaks for part-timers, also no air conditioning
Part-time works about four hours a day, Monday through Friday. I improved my attention to detail and organizations skills while employed in this position. Co-workers are very energetic and friendly, great attitude to work around.
Hard Work, not for the faint of heart.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Bad Hours
For Part Time:
Worked the 4am shift.
Loaded and Unloaded Trucks, Also Sorted Packages.
Management Overall is good.
Working on a time crunch constantly leads to higher tension sometimes but if you can survive that, it is a fine job for you.
First management job experience
Part-Time Preload Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good employees in my work area
Cons: Short breaks and early start time
This job has confirmed my ability to effectively supervise employees especially in an environment that happens to be different from my previous experience. I enjoy the interaction with the employees in my work area.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries