UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,147 reviews matching the search
Good union
Part Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 27, 2016
I was an hourly employee who got tired of loading and unloading trucks so I applied for Management. once in management I could no longer be in the union and this made it difficult for full time employment so I left.
Benefits and Salary very good for a person without a college education
Senior Administlve Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2016
I worked at UPS as a Sr. Administrative Assistant in the Revenue Management Department. The department is to assure UPS stays profitable. The Revenue Managers whom I supported are responsible for producing incentives for UPSs large shippers (no one pays published rates).

The department analyzes shipping data for the customers via various shipping systems, that UPS has in place. Based on the customer’s unique shipping history we are able to offer the customer incentives. A contract is then produced with the specific incentives for the customer and, UPS and the customer enter into an agreement.
Pros
Living wages
Cons
Hierarchy Management
A great place to work with non-stop production
Driver's Helper (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 27, 2016
UPS was a great place to work walking in early in the morning and you're already in a fast paste working environment and seeing everybody smiling and joking around made the time really past by, drivers would provide lunch for their helpers, and they would also give us a rides home. Very friendly.
Very enjoyable enviroment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WIJuly 27, 2016
Worked monday through friday, weekends off. Twilight shift at part time so only 5 or so hours a day. Loading, unloading, and sorting packages.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Very hot in the summer time when working in the trailers
bad working enviroment but great people to work with
Sorter/Picker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2016
best and worse job ive ever had all at same time great pay and great befints but they put you thru high water and takes all your passion for working outta of you
Overall it's good job to have.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at UPS is that you are busy from the time you start until you end the day. You are in a trailer under hot or cold weather conditions, you load and scan packages.
The only thing I have learned is how to deal with different personalities.
Management at times was a little difficult but there are times that it was great to be employee at UPS. Management implemented a incentive program where employees where given free cash cards, or items from the UPS catalogue for their hard work and to let them know they are part of the company. The co-workers while I was working at UPS was great, it help to have people you can talk to and understand the work environment we work in. The hardest part of the job was working under the changing weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of my job their of course getting paid every week and having friends.
Benefits
Cons
You work extremely hard in extreme conditions.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 26, 2016
Typical workday is very busy, fast paced,but learning environment. Enjoy team work, and assisting co workers when deemed necessary. The hardest part of the job is being tasks when no guidance or policy/procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people, working in a diverse environment and learning a new skill with the ability to successfully reach the company goals and expectations.
Pros
Benefits, retirement
Cons
no breaks, working holidays
best job i ever had
Package Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2016
ups was a good work experience but very hard physically many job duties made for a full day but after completing 20 years of service I decided to retire
UPS was a very good place to work but the compensation couldn't accomodate my life style.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 26, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for the individual of this particular location. I also liked the environment, probably because it was only 3 of us. Therefore, we got to know one another's work habits very well & it was very easy to adjust and work together. I would stayed here if the compensation was adequate for my family.
Pros
close to my home, family oriented, wholesome environment
Cons
low pay
micro-managing workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
part time job only 4 hour work days due to the fact that the work involved is so strenuous.Lots of repetitive heavy lifting can be hard after a while.Constant micro managing. I was not being let out on time to make it to class.
Pros
tuition assistance, weekly pay
Productive & fast paced work
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 26, 2016
It's a great company to work for if you have "tough skin". The opportunities for advancement are good but you have to put yourself out as moving up is your best plan. They are stuck in their old ways but overall they compensate you for your continued commitment.
Easy and fast paced job with amazing benefits
Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 26, 2016
Its a fast paced job that could tire you, but your so into the job that you lose track of time and before you know it your already off. Great co workers that have no problem helping you out. for example there are items that weigh over 100 lbs and anyone would volunteer to help you team lift that object.
Hot busy Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 25, 2016
A day at ups was the worst. I never really liked that job but i have things in life that had to be done. Working at ups I've learned that a job is not suppose to be fun. The management was terrible, my coworkers was the only reason i liked coming to work. Working at ups was very hard for me because everyone that worked there were men. So you're dealing with comments everyday, jokes about not being able to do certain things, it was just a lot. The most i enjoyed about my job is my breaks and being able to go home.
great job that I never should have left
Route Loader (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 25, 2016
Fast paced environment.
Learned to be confident in my abilities.
Good dependable people.
Was very demanding physically.
Provided me with great opportunities.
Pros
Great opportunity.
Good first job, not great for college graduates
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2016
Good job if you want to get in great shape.

Lots of politics.

Not great environment for women, getting better, though.

Takes forever to get seniority, but if you stay with it, you get an opportunity to make a nice living.

Supervisor turnover is high. High-stress environment for management.

Many accidents, easy to get hurt.

Don't take this job if you have allergies! They will get worse!
Pros
good benefits, hard to get fired
Cons
no air conditioning, lots of dust, high school mentality
meh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2016
Not well managed and with too much union intervention. The culture pitted departments against each other. So instead of working together it was like working against the other side. anecdotally i saw two employees get into a fist fight and neither got fired thanks to union intervention.
Pros
job security
Cons
managmnet and development
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
The UPS store was a great company to work for. You learned how to ship and pack items. great people!
decent
Loader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
This job is not for everyone. Physical ever single day of your career. False promises from managers that have no idea what they are doing.Make sure you eat before you come in and bring a bag lunch with water. If you are not in shape do not apply.
Tough environment to work in but can be alot of fun
Front-Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 25, 2016
I have been at UPS for 10 years and have been in management for eight. A typical day is very intense and can be a lot of fun. But there can also be a lot of negativity. Overall I have learned a ton about how to manage people, how to be a great operator, and about the high demands of the shipping industry. The people I work with are great and I have made a lot of friends over the years. The hardest part of my job is when I come in on a hot summer day and we have a ton of work to do. It gets a lot harder to motivate your employees to get the job done...but we still get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my day is at the end of the day when we have accomplished our goals and the building has hit its production plan
Strenuous work hours and work atmosphere
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 25, 2016
Move 10-100lbs. boxes from trucks to conveyor belts. Did not work here for long because of an unrelated work injury. the haredest part was dealing with the high temperatures in the trucks. Hardly ever spoke to co-workers because of the constant activity.