UPS
8,012 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

im sure you have heard what its like to work at ups
Package Handler (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAJune 30, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: everything else
its a very physical job. if your not in shape it will eat you alive. trying not to dehydrate is almost impossible due to amount of work and the amount you will sweat. the most enjoyable part of it is when the day is over and i punch out
Part time/casual work, on call often the morning.
Loader/ Unloader (Current Employee), Lockport, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: early morning so you can get in and get out and go make some real money
Cons: Never know how long your going to be working or how many days a week your working either
It's a pat time/on call position. Not always the most consistent work schedule, of ten wondering why I wasn't told to work the day before, if management knows the forecasted amount of work there should be the day before. Very inconsistent working conditions as well, one day the trailers show up on time the next day they are running late.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2015
What a fun place to work. Enjoy my co-workers and the owners. They have created a great learning environment, great customers also.
Job fun, management terrible
Package Car Driver (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits, the ability to be on your own, customers.
Cons: customers, management and the weather.
The job was your life usually working from 8 am until 9 pm.I enjoyed most of my customers ,but like any job dealing with the public you have bad days!
Not for everyone
Package Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJune 29, 2015
hard work from beginning to end. not for everyone. The management team is always swapping supervisors and managers to trying out new strategies.
UPS has been with us for over 25 years ,and get to us on time.
P. Handler (Former Employee), Santa Rosa ca 95401June 29, 2015
Have you hired any one yet???????I have not got any phone calls yet.
I am trying to get a part time job with your company,for the summer.
very physical at times
small sort assoiciate (Current Employee), jacksonville floridaJune 29, 2015
Cons: short break that last only 10 min very physical demanding
when i arrive at work i make sure have the material that i need to start my night. As the parcels come i put them in a bag and put it on the belt so the belt so the parcels can be loaded.
Great job and company
Account Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 28, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: not much flexibility
This is a great company to work for. I have learned how to multitask, manage my time and communicate to all levels of management. I have also learned many skills in sales and business knowledge that will help me further my career. While working a sales position I have also learned how to analyze many types of charts, financial data and forecasting. I have been lucky to start my career with a fortune 50 company.
Not enough hours
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
I was only getting 3 hours a night. That wasn't worth the gas usage. I loved the job but wish there was more hours given to me while I worked there.
its a business that expects you to do your job
package handler (Current Employee), hilton head island, scJune 28, 2015
A typical day would let the packages come, review the page of how many packages are going to be on the truck, figure out where to put the packages so they fit and your egress is clear enough to move around. Learned how to move faster, think quicker, adjust and adapt to different situations. My co-workers work hard, everybody carries their weight. Hardest part is when a lot of packages come on the belt and you have to start stacking, but eventually it works itself out. The most enjoyable is that we work together to make sure the job gets done for the drivers to take off on their route.
hard work
UNLOADER AND DE-BAGGER (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 28, 2015
Pros: good beneifits
Cons: short breaks
This a hard working job. The benefits are great for part time workers. The working environment takes time to adjust to. The breaks are short and quick. Some days you don't receive a break.
working hard and sticking tigether to get the job done
Truck loader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2015
maintain a curtain pph utilize loading equipment sort through zip/codes use rf scanner ability to lift 100+lbs daily. how to stick together to get thru the work day and management are cool the hardest part is working on the back of the hot trucks.
labor intense
Unloader (Former Employee), Doraville, GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: 4 hours shifts
Cons: 10 min. breaks
unloading 18 wheeled trucks in any and every weather condition. UPS was a prompt time job, they expected us to work fast and efficient.
Fast pace
Loader Helper (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 28, 2015
A part time position for seasonal work. Neatly stocking 3 truck daily to capacity as package flow down the belts, making sure each package on the correct truck
Learned a lot, steady work
Clerk (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 27, 2015
Pros: Full time, multitasking
Opened and closed, worked ten hour days. Set up USPS mailboxes for customers, sorted mail and packages. Pack items being sent out appropriately, using measurements and taking items in to consideration. Provide estimates on shipping, explaining the options available. Print/order projects for walk-ins as well as return customers. Notary.
Fun job
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
Cons: long hours.....holiday season
This was a temp. position and I had allot of fun. I got to meet new people and learn something new. I also was able to learn an area of the city that I had not traveled allot and found new places to visit when the job was completed.
High Stress work place
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor upper management
Day started at 3 am M-F. no support from others in management,Higher up! Keeping track of records.The best part of job was end of Christmas season.
A PLACE TO CALL HOME AND GROW
Entry Review Specialist (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJune 27, 2015
I HAVE ENJOYED MY TIME AT UPS. I HAVE GROWN PROFESSIONALLY AND PERSONALLY OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS I HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED HERE.
very difficult job brings out the best in you.
Package Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Peru, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: great solid company
Cons: you must give 110% 110% of the time
As a swing driver you must learn quickly everyday is a different challenge.
As management you are expected to be married to the company.
If you love it you will give it your all. If you resent it, the job will eat you alive.

Best job I ever got fired from!
Great place to work if you are a hard worker
Primary Supervisor (Former Employee), Hodgkins, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
Cons: 10 minute break, 4-5 hour days, little to no possibilty of full time
The UPS hub in Hodgkins is an exceptional work environment, provided that you have a strong work ethic. You start as either a loader or unloader, and the work is hard. However, there are amazing opportunities for advancement, some as early as 2 months into the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries