UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,592 reviews matching the search
Good company
Rater (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2016
good company. good co-worker good team work. Every day there is something different. Keeping up with all the changes that occur. The people, including the customers are best part of the job. For the most part management is very accessible.
Pros
friendly co-workers, good opportunity growth.
Cons
not enough training for system changes
productive
loader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 29, 2016
long and hard sometimes dreadful , i learned how to operate different sorts of machines learned a bit about a warehouse , my co-workers were all pretty good people they were enjoyable to be around the hardest part of the job would be doing the actual job of loading the trailers the most enjoyable part was break time .
Ourdoors and labor intensive
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 29, 2016
The hours were long, I really got along with the driver I was assigned to. He helped teach me how to organize packages. The opportunity for overtime was offered and the work day was labor intensive. However, I really liked to be outdoors and communicate with the different customers. Overall experience with this company was great.
Pros
Got to be outdoors
Great company for Stability
Hub Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 29, 2016
I love UPS but the work is very physical even as a part of Management, and the hours are long and odd. I have some of the best team members who have become friends. The best part of the job is knowing that you changed someones behavior to make them better.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long hard hours, No work life balance
Workout
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 29, 2016
This job was a workout. It deals with alot of upper and lower body strengths. The climate can vary depending on what time of the year it is. It was very easy to make friends and you get a chance to work in both teams and individually.
Pros
4-5 hour shifts, 5 days a week
Cons
no breaks
If you need the money...
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 28, 2016
They will get their work out of you. You will sweat until your whole shirt is wet. It's dark, dusty, messy but you're not alone most of the time. At least at the beginning they have a good trainer help you but eventually it turns to managers. Managers are the worst because even though they have been in your spot they still want you to drop everything and let your belt back up just to sign some papers at the other end of the building and trust me they will for your first month. Your coworkers will also hate you for a little bit as you're the new guy and they need to not only compensate for your slowness but also deal with any messes (eg box opening and spilling or a wall of boxes falling on you). One amazing thing though is this job can replace your gym membership.
Pros
A lot of people are nice and the pay is decent for them hiring anyone in the door way.
Cons
Some bad apples and lots of lifting
Great learning experience, challenges body and mind.
loader (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of coming in around 5 pm to go all out for 4 hrs, lifting and organizing boxes. Your arms, chest and legs might give out on you but this challenges your endurance in which you will have to keep pushing forward until the end. As you get use to the job atmosphere your body becomes stronger and you are able to do the work more efficient.
Part time offered little pay, Union was more trouble then it was worth .
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTApril 28, 2016
Low pay. Few hours. Union wasn't helpful to me as a part timer. Benefits were good for the hours worked, but you cant make a living wage.

Waiting for better openings was dependent on seniority, so you could potentially wait a very long time for a decent job.
Pros
very physically demanding, fast paced.
Cons
few hours. low pay.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2016
UPS was one of the best jobs ive worked for, the hardest part of the job was unloading the packages and loading them back up to another truck. everyone got along and worked as a team thats why i loved working there.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Unloading
Productive and fun work place
(UPS) Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 28, 2016
typical day consisted of arriving to my route and subsequently beginning to deliver packages and to help my driver in any other way possible
Highly Fast Pace with great team effort
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILApril 28, 2016
UPS was a seasonal job which I wish they had the room to keep me aboard, was sad to have to be layed off due to no work after peak season.
Pros
knowlegable and hard working co workers
Cons
was not tempeture controlled
Lively Work Enviroment
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 28, 2016
Got to meet many new people in the area around where I worked while delivering packages to residential and commercial areas.
Pros
Good Auto and Health Insurance
Cons
It was only a seasonal job
good second job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2016
Helped learn to work in a fast paced environment during the holidays under minimal supervision. good money for holiday work
Pros
good second income
Cons
overnight work
Not for the faint of heart. Physically Demanding
Logistics Handler (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2016
Perfect environment for an individual that is not afraid to work hard and sweat. Lots of room for moving up in the company.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Physically demanding
working at ups
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 27, 2016
On a typical day at work as a driver helper I woke up every morning at 7:00 am to be there for 8 am. We would do our routes from 8am- to about 10 at night.
Pros
good pay
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 27, 2016
Fun fast paced job. Awesome pay if you do it right. If you're a college student stay to unloading and sorting and in three years sign a bid sheet for driving and there you go. 50k a year.
Fun Worlplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 27, 2016
A typical day at the Hialeah location for UPS was very active and busy, but rewarding. I was always able to get help and good advise from leaders and co workers.
I enjoyed that at the end of the day I felt that I had done a good days job and would be adequately rewarded.
seasonal
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2016
I was a Seasonal employee. So, I was not there too long. Overall, my fellow co-workers were pleasant to work with. I would return if the option was given to me.
Productive, hard work non stop
Part time Plant Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 26, 2016
The job does not pay enough for all of the hard work unless you are full-time which is a hard position to get. Not enough hours given to make money.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Ups. Is a great place to work at If the company desides to keep you. Great benefits..I was a seasonal worker at the time,But dont get me wrong its a lot of hard work
Pros
Great connecting
Cons
10, min brake