UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,073 reviews matching the search
very busy and fast paced environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
I enjoyed unloading trucks to get customers packages to there destinations. My typical day would include waking up at 3am to unload packages to a conveyer belt. Would normally do 10-12 trucks a day. Management kept everyone producing the numbers they needed to reach each day. The job was very physical but kept me in shape. I also became a member of management for the last year that I was with the company.
Pros
great benefits, 401k, stock options, tuition reimbursement
Cons
short breaks, no air condition in the building
a typical day for me at work is sorting packages and also loading trucks.
Truck Loader (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 16, 2017
my job as a pre loader to me is a blessing because it keeps me in shape and feeling healthy all the time. I learned how to manage my time so that I am able to do much more with the time given me to complete my assignment. my co workers are very helpful to me and towards one another. the most enjoyable part of the job to me is the feeling of getting paid to workout, because when you really look at it my job is a workout that helps jump start my day.
Pros
free ups gear
Cons
10 minute breaks
The UPS Store
Accounting Assistant/Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 2, 2017
The ups store varies from which one you work for. But in most cases the owner owns about 2-4 so if you work for one you working for the same owner. The only thing i didn't like about the job was that people are not going to keep you busy with transactions. so your job is mostly keeping the business store clean and business savvy. they give you an ipad. the pay may have increased due to the minimum wage act in both DC and MARYLAND. but when i worked the pay was minimum wage and on top of minimum wage you had another tax taking out of your check ( the ipad).
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many taxes out of your check
Package handler
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 12, 2017
Worst job I ever had. Hired for morning shift which would have been fine if it started like I applied for at 4am instead there wasn't a morning that it started at 4am it started more like 2am if not earlier which made it had to balance school. At $10 per hour this was not what I signed up for that was the reason I quit and the other reason was management was horrible all they did was sit in their office I think I saw the manager or assistant manager maybe 1 time in the 4 months I worked their and that was when they hired me.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive, team work, fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZMarch 8, 2017
Fast paced, team work, communicate with very nice people daily. Learned that good customer service and positive attitude will pave your road to success within this job and life. Management was exceptional, because they're very knowledgeable about the company and how to deal with customers. The hardest part was trying NOT to have so much fun while working hard. The most enjoyable part was seeing the smile and joy on customers faces when satisfied.
New Employees every week
Lead Quality Inspector/Trainer (Current Employee) –  New HampshireMarch 20, 2017
This company can be difficult for some to work in because of the constant finger-pointing by management at other management. Most of the long-term employees are kind, but the turn-over rate is high and there are new employees every single week. It is difficult to keep processes up-to-date because everyone needs to be educated on them. In the area I worked in, there is teamwork in only half of the department. The other half is a clique that decides not to work together with everyone else unless absolutely necessary. It's just not always a motivating place to walk into everyday.
Great Place and people are amazing!
Preloader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 21, 2017
A Typical day at UPS is Very hard work and very fast pace. The Air Dock would keep you on your toes and your memory will improve because of it because of the many different addresses that goes in on trailer. You will learn the difference between a Z trailer and a whale. The hardest part of the job is the pace and the rate the boxes come down the belt.
Pros
You will be in great shape, work with good people, and learn a lot from the Vets.
Cons
Short breaks and the heat alone is harsh.
Decent place to work for.
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 27, 2017
The job would require me to input data of all the shipments we sent out and arrive all the shipments into the facility. I had to maintain the proper workload for the employees to carryout and make sure the freight was delivered on time. Marking any deficiencies on the products as it was brought to my attention. As a supervisor I took personal initiative to speak to the dock workers and see how they were doing and how life was going. Favorite part of the job was the fast paced and the learning of the operational side of the company worked, least favorite would have to be just the hours and the lack of career progression.
Enjoyable environment to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 3, 2017
I have worked for 6 months now and I learned a vast array of techniques in customer service and package processing. It's not a big work center but the coworkers make you feel you are part of a family as soon as you start working there. Work flow varies throughout the day, before you know it you are swamped with customer request and services to be provided. However, there are plenty of helping hands around that make the tasks easier to tackle down.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible schedule
Cons
low start pay
An Amazing Internship
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed UPS. They never once treated me like an Intern. They held me to a high standard and the compensation was great at $22/hr. I felt like they really respected me and loved having me in the office. The culture was amazing. They all knew I was only there for 3 months but everybody made an effort to get to know me and let me know they were there to help and answer any questions that I had. The best part of the job was the people that I was surrounded by, I really got lucky.
Pros
I loved everything
Cons
N/A
Not bad, but not great
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 9, 2017
I worked at the Cerritos facility from Sept 2015 until Feb 2016. I'd probably still be at UPS but I accepted an offer to work inventory at a local home improvement store.

Anyhow, my co-workers and management were decent. The only complaints I have are 1. Not enough hours. 2. If you wanted more hours, management had their "go-tos". If you weren't on that list, good luck getting any more hours.
Pros
Good workout, nice people
Cons
Not enough hours, no way to get more hours even if you signed up
Good exercise, annoying bureaucracy
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work consists of moving boxes. Management is for the most part friendly, but it is important to remember that they are chasing numbers and are probably the reason circumstances are needlessly difficult. Culture is sparse unless you smoke. The hardest part of the job is being upright and active for hours at a time. Getting paid for a decent workout is nice, though.
Pros
Paid exercise, unionized
Cons
Exhausting and annoying
They will treat you like trash
Seasonal Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Management was horrible and was just pushing people around.
Work itself is nice but they really treat workers like garbage and they didn't even pay my full salary.
Don't go there kids, there are way better options in life.

They will say "you might not have what this job takes" and by that they don't mean a hard worker, but someone who doesn't mind getting pushed around and humiliated and doesn't ask about missing pay checks.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management is horrible
Mentally and physically challenging
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10013February 22, 2017
Every experience will be different, depending on the driver's route and location, i was fortunate to have a patient driver and willingness to train me on the diad and route, after a week i had it down pack but watch out for loading too many packages on one hand truck, only advice i can say, remind the driver of safety and not being able to see whats in front of you, he should understand but a driver will load as many packages as you let him.
Pros
opportunity to work permanently
Cons
long hours and exposed to the weather
great place to work except low entry level pay
Package Handler/delivery associate (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 28, 2017
The typical day is always fast paced and you have to be aware of always being professional and habitually learn to smile when enter acting with resident and business people.You must maintain quality delivery no matter the weather or long hours.In the warehouse you have to be attentive to ensure packages or loaded on right truck.
Pros
Meeting people and enjoying working hard. people appreciate how hard you work.
Cons
low entry level pay and only 20 to 28 hours a week.takes upwards of 5 or more years to go full time.
Union is a Joke, Managers Constantly Harass Workers.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 23, 2017
Ups is Riddled with Constant Blatant Harassment From Management. Do Not Expect the Union You Pay Dues To, To Do Anything Helpful For The Substantial Money You Pay Them Each Week.The Building Is Vastly Under-cleaned and Outdated. Be Prepared to Inhale Dust Constantly Through the Day.Do Not Expect To Progress Up The Hiring Ladder Unless You Are Willing To Yell At People In an Unprofessional Manner.
Pros
Money Is the Only Reason to Work Here
Cons
40-50% of The Work Force In the Building are Literally Cons
Great fun, good exercise
Route Driver/Delivery seasonal (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAMarch 3, 2017
Was a good work out, nice driver, good holiday position and I'd do it again.
Started later mornings, worked all day, was fun working with coworkers and was very physical, like a paid work out. Several weeks into the job, we were offered a $250 a week bonus on top of our wages, which was really great. Turned out to be a very positive seasonal job.

Hardest part was the physical work at times, and the icy conditions. Shoes matter! Never saw management out in the field delivering.
Pros
Good incentive bonus
Cons
Was cold
UPS Seasonal Helper Review
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJFebruary 22, 2017
On a typical day I get a call after 6 am to determine if and where I'm working that day. I then go to meet the driver at their desired location.
I learned about delivery organization and route planning.
I report to the drivers and they report to the dispatchers.
There is not too much to say about the workplace, everyone is expected to work hard.
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to sign for packages when they aren't home.
The best part is being praised by my coworkers for exceeding expectations.
Good benefits, poor job security
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2017
The moral in my final days of working at UPS Freight was very poor. There was very little done to quell the feeling of dread and doom. There were multiple retirements of upper management and no explanations given. Looks like they are downsizing the home office in Richmond. Management could have handled things better to make people feel valued. the hardest part of the job was that I was the only one qualified to do what i did and the workload was too great initially. I also had to train my replacement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. They were like a second family.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Job Security
Fast Paced but friendly work environment
Clerk/Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMarch 2, 2017
Meet and greet customers within 5 seconds of entering store. Provided copy fax phone services, as well as sorting mail and packing and shipping items nationally and globally. I learned how to be a team player but also a self sufficient employee. Workplace culture was very friendly, warm open environment, all of us were very close including managers. Hardest part of the job was sorting mail, most enjoyable part was the customers!
Pros
Half hour paid lunch
Cons
too many females