UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,875 reviews matching the search
Great part time job with benefits
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 22, 2017
Hardest part of the job were the hours of operation. It was very difficult to secure a full-time position as they were very limited. It was a fun place to work and it helped me move my career forward.
Stressful and disorganized
Other (Current Employee) –  UPS Freight Portland, ORJune 22, 2017
If you ever wondered what working in a prison yard would be like, work here. The most hostile environment I've ever experienced. Management is against each other, dock works are out to get management. People threaten each other with bodily harm, supervisors have had their tires slashed. There is no morale, period. Poorly run operation in general. Also, they bait and switch, they post a job with specific hours, but the people they hire never actually work the job the were supposedly hired for. It's just a complete mess overall.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Almost everything.
Its ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2017
Its a good job but they are not organized at all i worked there for 4 years i was a good hard worker i just got tired of settling for less i wasn't making no money
Relaxed but fast paced
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2017
Nice place to work and very friendly people. My favorite thing is that there's a union you become part of. They help people out with school. There's always opportunities for overtime.
Pros
Helpful with school and overtime
Cons
Only part time
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHJune 21, 2017
Really fast paced working environment but it has it's downfalls for example most workplaces give you lunch breaks of 25-30 minutes long UPS gives the whole place a 10 minute lunch break so they force you to eat all the food you have in 10 minutes which sucks.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Very hard work and very physically demanding.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 21, 2017
You work very hard and get paid very well, benefits are great but way too demanding physically.you lift all day sweat all day and no money in the world is worth having a tough time getting up the next day off your bed.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
Back pains, very disrespectful managers
Fast paced job with great benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
good job if you are going to school and looking for extra money and can work at a fast paced environment. great opportunities to advance and great benefits.
Really great work environment. (Arlington*)
Marysville - Runner (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAJune 21, 2017
Safe drivers- I was a runner/Driver assistant (During Winter)
Great pace!- no actual running is allowed just fast pacing (Amazing Exercise)
Management- Never had any problems with management
Hardest part?- the outfit can be a little troubling and watching out for dogs.
Pros
Free lunch! Great workout! Fun!
Cons
Hate the snow (Peak Season) very cold and wet.
Fast paced work environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2017
Good place to build a secure career. Long hours and a great deal of commitment go into this job, however if you can put in the time and are willing to do what is necessary to get the job done, there is no place like it.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balanace
A job to pass the time by...
Unload Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 21, 2017
UPS is a good company to work for but I do not see any advancement in this company. It is based on who you know and who you can be like. I go there and do my job and improve my team but never get recognition for it. I build up my area then I get taken out of the area once the group is built. Once I get taken out then the area falls apart. I have seen this happen too many times but yet never get credit for the good work I do.
Pros
I get a check every week
Cons
No TEAM work due to pressure and threats of getting jobs taken away from us.
Workplace
Operation management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 21, 2017
My day Starts at 2pm pretty smooth, get daily reports, Dispatch the drivers, get concern done.
Everyday is a different day. You learn something new everyday.
Management soso. Just not organized for me.
Productive work place - fast pace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 21, 2017
As a package handler, you are required to either unload or load up 18-Wheeler trailers for transportation the following morning. The work load is hard considering the hourly pay you get. Working conditions also aren't ideal considering there's no air-conditioning/heating working within a trailer whether it's summer time or winter time. UPS offers a lot of benefits and many career opportunities for those who see themselves working at UPS in the long run. Great company to work for and job security for those employee's who continually work to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Long term benefits
Cons
Hard work for low pay
Fast paced
Load Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 21, 2017
This job is rather fast paced. You are required to do a lot of heavy lifting and keep up with a pace that I feel is asking too much, by yourself. I understand that this is a package facility and people's packages have to get out, but to throw someone into a 300 package per minute trailer with no help and expect them to keep things clean is unrealistic.
Pros
weekly pay, union, weekends off
Cons
mandatory sundays, no help, managers that care more for packages than employees
not a good place to work
Package handler and ramp worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 21, 2017
the lower you are in seniority the more and harder work you are given to do favoritismis rampid and in your face especially when it comes to seniority very unfair
Pros
working at the airport being around aircraft landing and taking off
Cons
late nights any never advance notice of over time
It was a high energy, fast paced place to work. With lots of interesting people coming together to accomplish a mutual goal.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
I loved working at UPS. There were ups and downs, but ultimately everyday was different and I loved the team mentality that occurred daily. It's also a great physical work out.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay takes a while to catch up, management can be really unqualified.
Love my co-workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 21, 2017
Love my job until the last manager I had made me feel very uncomfortable that made me hate my job and end up leaving for that reason felt no support from upper management.
ThePay
Processor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 21, 2017
i learned alot bout this job just wish i could have had it into a career.the hardest part bout the job is you know you working for least pay.the managment need some work but my other coworkers where good. its in a warehouse so the workplace various with the temperature outside,
A great place to grow
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 21, 2017
I believe that while working here someone will make a lot of money and feel that there time is being used for great things. Such as the benefit package they offer.
Meeting and talking with different individuals was exciting
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2017
A typical day at this job was sometimes overwhelming due to the call volume. I learned about different route choices that the customers were able to choose from. Management worked as a team player when having different situations. The hardest part of my job would be the irate customers that hadn't received their packages on time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be helping and making customers feel good about chosing UPS
Pros
Receiving kudos and acknowledgement for a job well done from management
Cons
Having only 30 minutes for lunch and the cafeteria is located 10 minutes from your station
Awesome Experience
Loader (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 21, 2017
UPS had really good benefits. It was really hot inside the warehouse though. It was tough labor. No a/c in the warehouse. It was a great work out at the same time because of all of the labor. Overall UPS was a great experience i had.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no a/c