UPS
7,482 reviews

UPS United States Employee Reviews

Great job to stay with if you are young and stay with your parents.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Part time work. Great benefits. very low pay but raises are great . Very hot in the summer very cold in winter. things might had change since i work there.
handler
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
package handler deliver package all over the city and great company and benefits,pack unload truck great management and great coworkers.
Fast pace, high skill enviroment
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: High Stress enviorment
Management seems to care about our well being, and also helps us get better at our jobs. As well as training us to be better
Good paying hard labor job
Feeder Load/Ramp Unload (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Dangerous conditions
I would start by scanning and loading feeder trailers. After break I would then work outside on the ramp. I would unload aircraft and also bring containers into the building. My co-workers were pretty good except for the slackers who would call in sick every week. I learned never to trust anybody in management. The hardest part of the job was the labor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits.
If one is working here, another job is a must. Seniority over others isn't the best democracy either.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Short breaks, lack of hours, favoritism
This is a part-time job, but its not your average part-time job. The reason for this is because its so difficult to get extra hours at this place, its even tough to get 5 hours on a shift. If one is full-time, that person can make a decent living in this struggling system, but it is extremely hard to get full-time being that the list is so long. Some people been waiting 8 years and a little longer than that too. A new-hire wouldn't have a shot. The management there is invigorating to an extent and they'll try to make you move at a certain work pace that you aren't accustomed to. They (management) also get the Union involved in certain situations when its not necessary. For me, the best part about the job is the co-workers being that if not all, most of them can empathize with one another about the endeavors of the typical day/night shift; making the work less stressful The benefits here are solid, that would've gotten five stars but the company doesn't pay for it anymore being that the Union agreed to takeover those responsibilities.
Great company
Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: NONE
All in one a great company to work for. If I could I would go back to them in a heart beat. They are very military orientated, and that is one great thing that I like when I departed the Marine Corps and started to work for UPS.
Smooth and around the clock work.
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Variety of shifts
A typical day at UPS was ran smoothly. I learned that working a scheduled routine is important as a package handler. The management was great. My co-workers were hardworking. The hardest par of the job was the heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part was training.
Didn't work there for to long
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun Enviorment
Cons: Not to many hours
I didn't really work at ups for to long, I was only seasonal, but the job was fun and educational. We would all go on break when the day started to slow down and all get to know each other, become friends and learn from each other.
The hardest part about the job was remembering all the zip codes from all over the United States, but they made it some what easy for us by giving us a scanner that would make specific noises if the package was in the right trailer or not.
ok company
Laborer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2015
it was the worst employment opportunity i've ever had. the pay system was obsolete and the restrooms reek of urine and kind of smelled like a downtown subway entrence
Preloader (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Exercise
Cons: 5-6 hours a day
Great place to work. I have been working there since I was 18. I love it because it keeps you in shape. Usually people last a week. I don't think they know just loading trucks will take a toll on your body after a couple hours of work
Great seasonal job!
Seasonal Driver (Former Employee), Taylor, MIApril 21, 2015
Working as a seasonal driver helper was a great job to make some extra money. Not much opportunity for advancement though.
Productive place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bensenville, ILApril 21, 2015
Productive place to work, flexible time hours, and fun friendly and serious at work people to work with. Management style was good, supervisor were respectful and accommodating
I worked outside, enjoyed beautiful days while working.
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Got to work outside with the public
Cons: it was only seasonal
I enjoyed being out meeting people, delivering their packages. I learned to work efficiently and quickly. Management was always helpful as well as co-workers. There were o hard moments, I truely enjoyed working there and being a part of the team.
productive and consistent work
am loader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: positive teamwork
Cons: part time work
The schedule was good. I worked as a am loader and it provided me the ability to work and still have a part of the day to deal with my family.
Enjoyable work place
Package Handler (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 21, 2015
The work at ups is fair. The fact that it is part time is the flaw. The managers treat you fairly and the benefits are a plus.
Love working here great people, great benefits all around great company
Pick off (Current Employee), Doraville, GAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: If not ran properly your whole day can go bad
A typical day is good I learn all different cities and states. The management is ok. The co-workers are good and the hardest part is the volume you have to pick off but the most enjoyable part are my hours.
fun place
loader (Current Employee), franklin park, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hard work
a typical day is getting slammed with boxes and trying to keep my truck clean and building good tight walls to the top. As well as taking care of bulk packages which takes alot of strength.
Good place to work.
Road Driver (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Dot your eyes & Cross your T.s. a must there.
Come in do your Job & Go home. Worked for me. Learned a lot about safety & Hazmat. Management was there to help.if asked too. Miss my fellow workers. They were all good people. the hardest part of the job was driving in the winter months. The most enjoyable part was the pay check...
Hard Work, Great Benefits
Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Hodgkins, IllinoisApril 21, 2015
UPS was a great place to work. The work was challenging at times, but rewarding. I loaded semi trailers at night. At the time the location I worked at was the center of UPS's North American ground operation. It was a very interesting facility.
Good place to work!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Streamwood, IlApril 21, 2015
Pros: Fun customers and nice location.
Cons: No medical coverage.
The UPS store was a fun place to work for. The owner is a good rounded man. Clean and neat work place. Provide uniforms. You will be given the chance to run the store without supervision.

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries