UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,913 reviews matching the search
I was a part-time worker for u.p.s
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2017
U.p.s is a pretty job, nice management, there's a great work environment!! You have the opportunity to move up in the company and also you receive discount
Benefits
Cons
Not many
be a driver, not a manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVSeptember 24, 2017
Management is so messed up. If you get hired to work in the office, be prepared for part time hours, part time pay and a lot of b.s. Labor employees are protected by the union, management is protected by the belief that their superiors have common sense. you supervise people who get paid better than you do. Sure, health insurance is cheap, but it sure doesn't take into account for the daily stress and disappointment you have to endure.
Pros
cheap health insurance
Cons
everything else.
Ups
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2017
UPS is a OK job for a college student who doesn't have huge bills. Ups doesn't really have easy advancements. You have to bid on positions which I didn't mind its just there were over 30,000 employees I had to bid against.
Pros
Plenty of breaks, discounts even at local companies and discounts at apartment complexes near by
Cons
short hours, no heat in the winter
Area Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2017
UPS was a good place to work. Very face paced and ideal for individuals that grow in competition. Only draw back that I remember was dealing with the union.
Workplace Summary
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2017
Not applicable I enjoy my work relationship with UPS and continue with them at this time. My time ahs been brief but I am learning many new and expanding work related issues which directly affect the customer service that is important to this company.
Hard working job advancmant opertunity
Preload/unload/sort/heavyweights (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 24, 2017
Great job you will work hard and takes a while to get used to.its fast paced it's not easy great benefits you will need a second job to make ends meet.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Starting pay is low
I loved working for UPS
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time at UPS, best job I ever had. Everyone who works there works very hard and has excellent customer service. Working outside was something that I really liked doing and the people on my route were extremely nice and I will miss them a lot.
Fun Workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
Loading ,unload trailers, attention to detail, management great, the weather was the hardest part .I love working with a team to get the job Done!!! Done!!! Done!!!
Good Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, ILSeptember 24, 2017
Hard work, fast paced, take water breaks.

At the end of the day its not for everyone, but with the proper expectation the Job is fulfilling and will create for some challenges.
Fast paced, physical work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Stanton, PASeptember 23, 2017
During peak it was 6 days a week. 8 hours a day with 1 15 minute break. Regular hours were 3-4 hours a day, some days you would show up and be sent home because there were new highers that needed training.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Short breaks an poor management
Great Pay and Benefits, not worth the Stress of working
UPS Driver (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 23, 2017
Make great money, but very stressful and demanding environment, Lots of overtime opportunities. Constantly checking over shoulder in fear of losing job.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management
Not enough hours
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2017
They will Pay you to go to school but the hours aren't many so Not enough money and you have to work there for a year before your benefits kick in other than that it is a good company to work for
Cons
Short hours
cool place
Loader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2017
i really liked working there at first until the management acted like i didn't know how to do my job. i was there for 7 months they always sent the guys home and i was the only female there and i was left doing all the work.
Pros
free things sometimes
Cons
short breaks
I was run out.
Sales Associate / Pack and Ship Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 23, 2017
My boss slowly began to target me out and begin to lower my hours to the point of 8.5 (if that) hours per week.
I'm a college student.. I cannot afford to only work 8.5 hours per week.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
No lunch breaks, low pay, favoritism, lack of good management, everyone shared one till, overworked young women and underworked men
Fast paced cut throat
Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 23, 2017
Working here isn't for the faint of heart its fast paced and you must always be on your game. Management use re-verse physiology towards its employees to generate speed in the warehouse. on the upside employees are apart of the union so you do have protection from Upper Management.
decent job
Forklift Operator/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 23, 2017
It was a good job. I would still be there if I did'nt get a machining opportunity. I learned to operate all material handling equipment there also. I would recommend this job.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
nothing really
Work you like a donkey
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYSeptember 23, 2017
If you want to try and become a driver or get a management position at UPS then this is one way in otherwise for the amount of work you have to do this job is not worth it. You will work a maximum of 20 hours a week. Anything over 5 hours is considered overtime and if you work OT they will send you home the next day. Also they change the shift times. When I started it was 4AM then it changed to 2:30AM. Also, they give you one 10 minute break and you don't receive any benefits until one year of service.
Pros
Various shift times, union job
Cons
Low amount of hours, physically demanding
Great
Up and down loader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Great place to work! Great people and nice environment! Very comfortable! The people where very helpful with each other! Great benefits! And the bosses was always working wit workers far as everything from work to home
Very fast paced
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2017
Friendly employees with determined attitudes. Very helpful and productive co-workers. Hours are perfect for college or high school students. Great benefits.
Terrible
Lead Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 23, 2017
work else where. Its a cut throat industry where management is run by investors. Management likes to break their employees and when they get injured blame it on the employee ( and I was management)