UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,839 reviews matching the search
Provides broad customer service experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 19, 2017
This review is for the stores only - locally owned franchises so can be demanding and training is inconsistent but overall positive environment. Very dependent on owners.
great job
Operations and Training Supervisor, Loader, Sorter (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MASeptember 19, 2017
Great Job to get you through college. Excellent benefits and college tuition reimbursement. Room for career opportunities as well. Hard Hard work so bring your A game!
Pros
great benefits, steady pay increase
Cons
physically challenging
Very fast paced enviroment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
Ups is a Very fast paced environment where you load trucks with packages. If you are not paying attention you can have packages that is do not belong on the truck. It is important to stay alert and work fast while follow rules and regulations to remain safe.
Great oppurtunities
Parcel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 19, 2017
Great opportunities if you are looking for a great job with beneficial hours and compensation. Environment is lovely, but most definitely its also place that you will have to work hard
The hardest part of the job
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2017
You are expected to do the job of several people for a low salary without proper training. Your management team is not able to support with most tasks of your job as they do not know how and barely understand their job due to lack of training. Not proactive and preventative.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits/Incentives
fast peace and productive
Sorter, Loader, Unload (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 19, 2017
very fast pace with lack of breaks, loading and unloading trucks with packages. very tiring and wasn't a stable job. had lack of benefit and very small window to improve and grow with company.
Pros
active
Cons
benefits, pay, overworked
fast and stressful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 19, 2017
Overall not bad. expect long hours and heavy lifting. to move to driving you need to start preloading trucks, peak season is hard and long but pay is good.
Internship
Human Resources Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I was doing an internship through recruitment and it was amazing. The team environment was excellent. Everyone worked together and the hiring events were great.
Fun
Frieght Handler (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 19, 2017
Lots of hard work, but you know you made an impact and got everyone's packages to them in a timely manner. I enjoyed working for United Parcel Service and would work there again, but as a driver.
Pros
The people
Cons
Late evenings during holiday season
Fast paced
Porter (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703September 19, 2017
• My duties included janitorial care of a specific area on the UPS property. Detailed brooming, mopping, dusting, and air blowing were my common duties. Other responsibilities included bathroom and office maintenance, aside from that I would follow requests given by my supervisor.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
It was seasonal
An okay place to work for.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2017
UPS is an okay place to work. Would help retention if new hires could get paid more. Management could be a little more consistent. It is a physical job and it can wear on your body.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Physical toll on your body
Loader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Overnight shifts, my shift started at 3am. During peak season my shift would start at midnight and always end at 9am. Management was great always on point, willing to help you load truck if you had fallen behind. Hardest part of the job was getting there everyday at 3 in the morning.
slave work
shorter, unloader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
little to no advancement, unless you want to be apart of the management team. the warehouses are very dirty and dusty. They over work you, but the work is steady and the have good benefits.
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Canarsie, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I actually enjoyed working for UPS. I got to see new places and meet new people. Being in UPS teaches you how to work in a fast past environment and also time management.
Relaxed workplace and diversity
Customs Brokerage Administrative Rater (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 19, 2017
The work environment is mostly relaxed and I learned the different procedures of importing shipments in the US. The management are fair and they are helpful managing you to meet your production mark. The workplace culture is diverse and each employee respects one another. The hardest part of the job is when some of the shipments requires a lot of steps and procedures to process by you have to read a lot comments. The most enjoyable part of the job UPS provides games and food for their employees when we meet our goals.
Pros
Games, prizes, food and awards of recognition
Quick Paced setting help to stay in shape..
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 19, 2017
cool place to work for 4 to 5 hours. Help to maintain strength and shape. Good way to make money and exercise at the same time.
many other opportunities to excel.
Excellent place for supplemental salary
Export Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I begin work promptly at 5 and end around 9:30 or 10 pm. My experience is quite routine as I perform the same task of preparing international shipments for customs clearance. The workload is somewhat the same every day with variations of volume each night. I enjoy the teamwork and and challenge of working in a distribution center that changes in flow and personalities throughout my evening. The fact that the timing of the shipments all ends around the same time gives me freedom to pursue all of my various time constraints while also giving me an opportunity to work constructively and with purpose.
Pros
Freedom to work within timeline
Cons
some non-cooperative employees
Benefits outweigh pay.
Loader/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Great place for a college aged individual that is looking for part-time job while in school. Part-time gets full-time benefits including heath care, vision, dental, and education. Very physical and demanding work for your body.
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
Pay
Not a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 19, 2017
The manager paid me less than my male co-workers who were hired at the same time. They had less experience and fewer qualifications. She was very homophobic, was angry when I couldn't stay late after my shift due to prior commitments that she was aware of, wanted to schedule me for two hour shifts after awhile, and asked for opinions during company meetings but got upset anytime people actually spoke. She also insisted that people work over their breaks, and asked about criminal backgrounds on the application, both in direct violation of state law.
Pros
You learn about international shipping lawas
Cons
Management, pay
Stressful, fast paced, too much going on
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Loading isnt bad but supervision sucks. Employees want to leave as soon as they can and do as little as possible. Lower management wants the dock to look clean and run smooth, upper management wants the dock to run productively which means cut hours anytime you can. Cut more hours, dock runs less smooth, people get mad and load slower. Run the dock clean, you use more hours and people take a mile and slow down, all in all someones always mad at you.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Short or no breaks, stressful, not much personal time