UPS Employee Reviews

Found 16,633 reviews matching the search
They actually care about you more than just you working for them.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2017
They management and supervisors are all focused on safety and hydration. The training is amazing and everyone who works there is very down to earth. its all around a great company to work for.
Hard work
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLJuly 19, 2017
This job was a lot of hard work, but I enjoyed it a lot. Even though it was seasonal, they work you a lot in a short amount of time and it's well worth it.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Work late
Work was fine, however management was lacking.
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OH 44130July 19, 2017
I worked as a driver helper during the Christmas season. The actual work was fine and i enjoyed the drivers i met and work i did. The problem i had was with getting assigned to drivers each day. My area was divided into north and south sectors, myself being placed in the north. Not once did get placed with a driver from north, every day i called they said they did not need me. I was able to pick up work with the south when their helpers did not show up or couldnt make it. Therefore i did not work or earn as much as i would have liked.
Great benefits
Local Sort Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORJuly 19, 2017
UPS is a great place to grow with the company, it is also a very high benefits place as well. The specific job that I had was high paced high intensity and very stressful but once mastered became fun and enjoyable.
Productive place with alot going on
Truck Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJuly 19, 2017
Very loud and busy environment with a very fast paced approach to working. Getting a 15 minute break on a part time job seemed generous, and all the management was nice.
Not what you expect
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 19, 2017
Very easy work, physically demanding. What I didn't expect was all the different walks of life that worked there. I still keep in touch with a few people from there. Some people may not like working from 4am to 8am but I didn't find it too bad. I
Pros
Benefits, hours, weekly pay
Cons
harsh work environment
Hardwork
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2017
Being a handler at UPS was not worth the pay. Your loading boxes into containers that are shorter than you at a very fast pace for 3-4 hrs a day. It's very intense labor.
productive and fun work environment
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
Great company to work for! When you become a UPSER you become apart of a second family. Everyone will support your growth and goals. Working for UPS will provide you will endless opportunity but advancement will not happen quickly.
Stressful job environment, not fairly treated or compensated.
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Springs, ILJuly 19, 2017
I have worked there for 20 plus years and I am paid based on a 50 hour work week but work 60 to 70 hours with no break. They are freezing our pension in 2023. I am ready to move on and start a new career and have heard nothing but great things about amazon and I am excited about the opportunities there.
Pros
Good vacation time.
Cons
No breaks, freezing our pension.
horrible
international and freight specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 19, 2017
UPS lacks leadership of any kind. they are suffering from only promoting from within for the last 100+ years and will suffer in the near future. they are losing great sales people daily due to unrealistic goals and management by fear.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management and unable to conform
Tough but rewarding job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 19, 2017
The pre-loaders hours are insane. (start at around 4 A.M. and go to about 9:15) But it is quite rewarded. They pay every week and at a good rate of about $11 an hour which for a college student like myself is more than enough.
Pros
Pay Weekly
Cons
Short Breaks, Rigorous hours and labor.
Productive and working with different people.
Preloader/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
The job was good, working with people. It was extensive and always moving. The only con there is was not enough hours but other than that I enjoy the job.
Productive place to work
Import Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Productive place to work... Safety matters... Learn something new every day working for company as world wide as ups... Excellent benefits and opportunity for growth
Pros
Safe, Friendly place to work
Cons
No cons
The UPS Store
General Manager at The UPS Store (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2017
Generally a good, fun and busy company to work for. Everyday brings something new, whether it is something simple as making a copy for an elderly customer to packing and shipping personal belongings of a college student.The best part is knowing the value of your service and seeing the satisfaction on the customers face when they leave.
safetry minded workplace
Air Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 19, 2017
UPS is very process and procedure based to ensure the safety of the people, the equipment and the customer. Audits and quality assurance are continual throughout every aspect within the company.
Pros
felxable work schedules
Cons
working nights and long hours during the holidays.
Eh
Package Handler/Preload (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNJuly 19, 2017
You lift and move packages and put them on trucks if you are not in unload if you are in unload you just unload the trailers and send them down the belt
Pros
Friends
Cons
Hours Breaks Temperature
good place to work
Package Handler- Truck Unloader/Loader (Warehouse) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2017
My Boss great guy firm but fair. It is a hard place to work if your not a
motivated employee. If you need to get in shape drop a few pound ups is the place for you.
hard work but great benefits
Christmas seasonal help (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAJuly 19, 2017
This job is good because it helped me be physically active! There is a lot of work, often times not enough breaks, but good pay and caring employers. The overall vicinity was very good as well.
Pros
physical activity
Cons
not enough breaks
Don't go into management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 19, 2017
4 years loading trailers and 6 years in management. I wish I never went into management. Your phone doesn't stop ringing, it's like being on call all the time unnecessarily. I learned a lot about the corporate world being here but I learned more about the "Yes-Man" of the workplace (my bosses) that didn't care if you worked 75 hours over 6 days in one week. It was never good enough.
Great Co-workers
Feeders Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 19, 2017
I learned how to deal with upset customers, I got to learn about different places in the country. I met people and families during peak season. My managers valued my opinion at all times

CEO Approval