UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,606 reviews matching the search
hard working
Loader (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 3, 2016
Very different atmosphere, hard working people all around. Would load and unload packages everyday at a very fast pace.
Great environment and company to work For
customer counter associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 3, 2016
Productive and secure job with great benefits and opportunities to advance. I like my co workers and superiors. I feel confident in my job and what i can bring to the company. Most enjoyable part is being appreciated and recognized for good work.
easy to learn workplace
package sorter (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMay 3, 2016
management is always on top of clients packages
friendly and supportive workplace
excellent customer service available
and a great training program
managers were either great or terrible
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 3, 2016
some mangers were great to work for and i loved them others i hated working for the ocmpnay. its a hit or miss company for sure
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
some mean managers
Fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2016
• Responsible for delivering packages to residents and businesses.
• Heavy and light lifting required.
• Fast-paced job.
• This was a seasonal position.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
coldweather, ice side walks, long hours
Great Manager
FREIGHT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
Company has too many division to provide effective support and equipment for parts of the company who were added or purchased later in the lifecycle of UPS
good place to work
small sort package handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, IL 60525May 2, 2016
was not a day that I didn't wont to be at work enjoyed working for my manager good work environment even though I had to work on my feet the hole time
Pros
they have a good union
Cons
olny 5 hours of work
Strong solid company with proven record.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2016
This is a top company. No games, professionalism is the standard. Know what is needed and do it. No excuses work hard and you will do well. Not a place to do personal expression, The work is mostly achieving the company goals in time proven methods. Expression and creativity can be part of an upper managers day but only a part. This company knows what it is doing and will communicate its goals. If you want to help them the job can be rewarding.
great company
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 2, 2016
busy during holiday season. management know how to place workers in correct area. enjoy the college program. co workers work as a team.
Fun workplace, and high paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYMay 1, 2016
Very fast paced. Usually get five trucks and have to unload the five trucks and a required time usually 3 hours and a half. I've learned how to read a package and determine where it is being sent and where it should go accordingly on the truck.
great experience
loader unloader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 1, 2016
It was a great job to get your hands in the door. I enjoyed the management and the fast paced work that there was. If I could go back to work there I definitely would. benefits were good also
toughest job you will ever have
package car driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 1, 2016
very tough and physical job but great customers who go out of there way for you get ready for some long days must be very organized
Pros
get to meet great people
Cons
you have no personal life
Challenging and demanding
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 1, 2016
UPS is a very demanding and rewarding company. Hours range from 10-14 hrs. per day. It is a very secure and forward thinking company that challenges each employee on a daily basis.
Pros
job security and advancement
Cons
hours and flexibility
Strong workers
Unloader an loader (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 1, 2016
Come in and work as directed. Hard workers always moving to get the work out an on the road in a timigly fashion. hardest part is the mid day after break to push thru the day
Good company
Rater (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2016
good company. good co-worker good team work. Every day there is something different. Keeping up with all the changes that occur. The people, including the customers are best part of the job. For the most part management is very accessible.
Pros
friendly co-workers, good opportunity growth.
Cons
not enough training for system changes
productive
loader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 29, 2016
long and hard sometimes dreadful , i learned how to operate different sorts of machines learned a bit about a warehouse , my co-workers were all pretty good people they were enjoyable to be around the hardest part of the job would be doing the actual job of loading the trailers the most enjoyable part was break time .
Ourdoors and labor intensive
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 29, 2016
The hours were long, I really got along with the driver I was assigned to. He helped teach me how to organize packages. The opportunity for overtime was offered and the work day was labor intensive. However, I really liked to be outdoors and communicate with the different customers. Overall experience with this company was great.
Pros
Got to be outdoors
Great company for Stability
Hub Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAApril 29, 2016
I love UPS but the work is very physical even as a part of Management, and the hours are long and odd. I have some of the best team members who have become friends. The best part of the job is knowing that you changed someones behavior to make them better.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long hard hours, No work life balance
Workout
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 29, 2016
This job was a workout. It deals with alot of upper and lower body strengths. The climate can vary depending on what time of the year it is. It was very easy to make friends and you get a chance to work in both teams and individually.
Pros
4-5 hour shifts, 5 days a week
Cons
no breaks
If you need the money...
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 28, 2016
They will get their work out of you. You will sweat until your whole shirt is wet. It's dark, dusty, messy but you're not alone most of the time. At least at the beginning they have a good trainer help you but eventually it turns to managers. Managers are the worst because even though they have been in your spot they still want you to drop everything and let your belt back up just to sign some papers at the other end of the building and trust me they will for your first month. Your coworkers will also hate you for a little bit as you're the new guy and they need to not only compensate for your slowness but also deal with any messes (eg box opening and spilling or a wall of boxes falling on you). One amazing thing though is this job can replace your gym membership.
Pros
A lot of people are nice and the pay is decent for them hiring anyone in the door way.
Cons
Some bad apples and lots of lifting