UPS Employee Reviews

Found 13,005 reviews matching the search
Be ready to work. It's worth it
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Fast paced, physical, high energy, friendly, health conscious, safety oriented, great benefits, pension, 401(k), advancement, tuition reimbursement, fun, energizing, flexible hours, part-time and full-time hours, daily work.
Pros
It's a work out, longevity, promote from within, union and non union options
Cons
It's a work out. Not much money in the beginning.
Very fast paced and balanced job to work at.
Pre-Loader (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 18, 2017
I would come in and start the morning by preloading UPS courier trucks, sometimes I would be in the semi from Phoenix, or the conveyer belt. I learned how the UPS system works, how to identify certain boxes for certain trucks, and what to do at the Sierra Vista airport to pick up packages. Environment was always vigorous but in a positive way to get the work done, the hardest part I would have to say was trying to fight the cold while you are on the semi sweating profusely, the most enjoyable was the workout.
Pros
Learning the system.
Cons
Hours sometimes was not enough.
Strict, productive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Maintained detail cleaning and sanitization throughout the facility
● Relied on instructions and pre-established procedures to carry out the functions of the job
● Learned time management and hand eye coordination ● Loaded and lifted boxes into trucks.
Not enough hours
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Willow Springs, ILFebruary 18, 2017
It's a job. But at the end of the day they don't give out enough hours for a person to comfortably survive in this economy. They've cut hours as well as giving employees a hard time overall
Excellent job
Air Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Nothing but good all the way around if you're looking for a great long term job UPS is the place. Plenty room and encouragement to advance. Just takes forever to get a full time position
Pros
Fantastic benefits Great raises
Cons
Takes forever to become full time
Good Hours
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
It's great to have a job that allows you to be off on weekends and holidays. Overtime pays time and half after working over 5 hours. They also pay for some school.
Productive workplace with great benefits
Twilight Loader (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day for consists of unloading or loading trailers, I've learned proper lifting techniques and general workplace safety, management is great, workplace culture is tough, hardest part of the job is the physicality, most enjoyable part is the feeling after you complete a difficult task.
Productive always busy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Maintained detail cleaning and sanitization throughout the facility
short term, no comment
Drivers Helper (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked seasonal as a drivers helper, did not have much contact with the main hug. I liked working with my driver, other than that, I do not have much to say.
Great
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 17, 2017
I worked here for a short time because it was a seasonal job but while I worked there I got the feel of how it would be to work as a driver which I was the driver helper.
Good benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTFebruary 17, 2017
A good place to work. Direct supervisors were great to work for, little to do with upper management. Compensation was not bad for a starting employee.
Good pay, tough job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 17, 2017
The stress is immense and I will consume you regardless of how good you are. The hours are weird, the benefits are good but the culture is awful and you are always being pushed to your limits, often beyond.
Pros
pay, benifits
Cons
Job enviroment, high divorce rate, rediclous amount of stress
It's not the best job.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 17, 2017
It's not the best job. I like working there but they don't pay enough for the hard work. But that's only and only my review of the job, others would have it differently.
Pros
It has good benefits
Cons
It doesn't have pay
Boss kept you involved and positive
Loader (Former Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJFebruary 17, 2017
This job was good, it just didn't fit with my school schedule. It takes alot of hard work and you need to be strong, and willing to put in the work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible work temperature
Fast paced hard work but great people great benefits and great pay. Also always room for advancement.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 17, 2017
Started in August of 1980 as a part time employee responsible for all loading/unloading and sorting of all parcels. In 1984 promoted full time delivery driver. Responsible for all delivery and pickup of all parcels. Retired at the end 2006.
Pros
Great pay great benefits weekends off paid vacations
Normal Call Center Workplace
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 17, 2017
Lots of friendly people, everyone has there own cubical, heavy focus on work. Management is friendly and nice. Learned how to troubleshoot UPS software and hardware. Hardest part was dealing with rude customers. Most enjoyable part was that they are willing to work with school schedules.
Cons
great job but terrible managment/pay
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAFebruary 17, 2017
working for UPS was a great experience to get out and gain extra money, but the supervisors were terrible when it came to paying out and the clock in and out time, they were supposedly paying us 10.45 per hour, id word 8 hours every day except for the weekend and my check would come back as 145, and they weren't willing to fix that!
great place to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed where i worked. The people were really nice. The managers were nice. i liked the area that i worked with. the hardest part of the job was the weather and being outside.
Flexible, and easy going atmosphere.
Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
The UPS Store offered me a chance to work with different demographics with diverse backgrounds. It allowed me to connect with clients on a professional and personal level, and learn and develop an appreciation of different cultures from different parts of the world.
Fun people!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, UTFebruary 16, 2017
You get to know lots of people while you are helping them with whatever service they need!!:)
They do incentives here and there occasionally.