Cons: work life balance, operational handcuffs
- My review of this company is that they spend far too much time on conference calls talking about what went wrong the day before and not enough time discussing progressive strategy and process improvements.
- Their daily performance report is over 200 lines long and the management feedback to managers will shift daily from the 30 main items that are generally looked at to 5 sub metrics if you had a successful day the day before.
- Very little positive feedback and top performing facilities find themselves on "Most To Gain" conference calls that last well over an hour to discuss one specific line item even if your P&L, safety, and overall operations performance is exceeding goals and expectations.
- Extremely negative work environment with little to know support coming from those that you report to. A lot of finger pointing at others with very few questions ever being asked.
- The most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers and those that reported to me, As a company they DO treat the union employees very well and employee engagement is not hard to get if you stay organized, can handle the daily beat downs, and lead with integrity and empathy.