UPS Employee Reviews

Found 17,826 reviews matching the search
slave work
shorter, unloader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
little to no advancement, unless you want to be apart of the management team. the warehouses are very dirty and dusty. They over work you, but the work is steady and the have good benefits.
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Canarsie, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I actually enjoyed working for UPS. I got to see new places and meet new people. Being in UPS teaches you how to work in a fast past environment and also time management.
Relaxed workplace and diversity
Customs Brokerage Administrative Rater (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 19, 2017
The work environment is mostly relaxed and I learned the different procedures of importing shipments in the US. The management are fair and they are helpful managing you to meet your production mark. The workplace culture is diverse and each employee respects one another. The hardest part of the job is when some of the shipments requires a lot of steps and procedures to process by you have to read a lot comments. The most enjoyable part of the job UPS provides games and food for their employees when we meet our goals.
Pros
Games, prizes, food and awards of recognition
Quick Paced setting help to stay in shape..
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 19, 2017
cool place to work for 4 to 5 hours. Help to maintain strength and shape. Good way to make money and exercise at the same time.
many other opportunities to excel.
Excellent place for supplemental salary
Export Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I begin work promptly at 5 and end around 9:30 or 10 pm. My experience is quite routine as I perform the same task of preparing international shipments for customs clearance. The workload is somewhat the same every day with variations of volume each night. I enjoy the teamwork and and challenge of working in a distribution center that changes in flow and personalities throughout my evening. The fact that the timing of the shipments all ends around the same time gives me freedom to pursue all of my various time constraints while also giving me an opportunity to work constructively and with purpose.
Pros
Freedom to work within timeline
Cons
some non-cooperative employees
Benefits outweigh pay.
Loader/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Great place for a college aged individual that is looking for part-time job while in school. Part-time gets full-time benefits including heath care, vision, dental, and education. Very physical and demanding work for your body.
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
Pay
Stressful, fast paced, too much going on
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Loading isnt bad but supervision sucks. Employees want to leave as soon as they can and do as little as possible. Lower management wants the dock to look clean and run smooth, upper management wants the dock to run productively which means cut hours anytime you can. Cut more hours, dock runs less smooth, people get mad and load slower. Run the dock clean, you use more hours and people take a mile and slow down, all in all someones always mad at you.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Short or no breaks, stressful, not much personal time
interactions with customers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 19, 2017
Fast paste, traveling interactions with customers. how too track packages, scanning packages,how to find diffenert routes to locations, friendly management
great temp job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDSeptember 19, 2017
great work for college students are a kid in high school. paid for part of my schooling the hours were a bit early but great had the rest of the day to yourself
Pay is garbage
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CASeptember 18, 2017
Don't expect to support yourself working only here. Everyone else is making $16+ doing the exact same thing that you will be doing but you will be making 12, and because of the new contract you will be stuck there for the first three years.
Pros
They dont really care if you show up late
Cons
Pay
Great, fast paced work !
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 18, 2017
If you are a package handler you are sure to get into great shape if you aren't already. Awesome company to work for... I would recommend it to anyone, especially those wanting to get help paying for school. They help in the assistance of paying for your college.
Pros
School assistance
Cons
Takes a while to get medical coverage.
Was only there for a few winters
Delivery Assistant (during the holiday season) (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, NYSeptember 18, 2017
worked from around 8-5. I was a driver helper so I brought packages up to peoples doors. That was bout it. I learned how to lift packages properly and work with customers.
Good fun, as long as you get a good driver
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 18, 2017
On a typical workday I would meet up with my driver near our route. We would spend roughly 6 or 7 hours delivering packages together. Then at the end of the day I'd be dropped back at my car and we'd fill out my paperwork for the day. I'd usually end up spending the day having great conversations with the driver, which is easily the best part of the job. As long as you and your driver get along the job will be fun and the day will pass quickly.

Unless there is a good place to stop and eat along the route, you need to bring food with you. I'd also advise water or Gatorade to stay hydrated. Although, be careful with your intake because there may be no bathrooms either. My driver used a bottle in the back.
Pros
lots of exercise, fun conversation, good honest work
Cons
have to eat lunch on route, no bathrooms
extremely stressful and favoritism
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 18, 2017
you definitely have to work hard, but most of the time no one will acknowledge your hard work or effort. it will interfere with your personal life especially during peak season.
Cons
healthcare sucks for management
Excellent place of employment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Great place of employment. Good hours, great pay and chance for advancement. Company is willing to pay for college. They are also located all over the world.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many hours
Great benefits for part time work
Part Time Package Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Fast paced, stressful, poor training, mid level managers are uninspiring, stagnant and not people I would want to work under for very long. Great opportunities to advance if you take advantage of them.
Cons
If you plan on working in operations, you will be working long hours.
Great workplace
Loader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Good work environment. Always enjoyed my work days. Good work out. Friendly staff & fair management. Healthy work environment. Only concern is all employees are part timers minus the drivers so a second job is a must.
Pros
Vacations (paid) great benefits, good secondary job
Cons
Short breaks. Lack of hours
Fun workplace
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Prettty fast paced its fun has a lot of fun people get paid every week which is good I like to be around team members and do different things and move on up
busy, good work crew, long hours, limited support
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 18, 2017
Busy, there is work available

Good work crew, staffing agency tries their best within parameters

Long hours, from product-in to reports complete is formidable

Limited support, duties and personnel are not spread over the course of a 24 hr day
Pros
Met some really nice, hard working, people
Cons
Work and home life greatly unbalanced
Entry Level Job
Finance Specialist (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 18, 2017
Working for UPS is great for entry level employees. However, the work life balance is non-existent and advancement is limited if you aren't willing to dedicate 60+ hours a week to the company.