UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,119 reviews matching the search
Working for The UPS Store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJuly 16, 2016
Very great place to work, due to the fact that you're always able to meet great people on a daily basis. You also see interesting things that are shipped out. The store was located in a College area, so most of the co-workers were students or retirees. The most difficult part of the job would be figuring out how to box up strange items for shipping. The enjoyable part would be meeting great customers and forming a relationship with them.
Pros
Bonuses on Holidays
Cons
Able to leave your work area when not busy
Cooled worked environment, misguided top management/Owners
Manager (Former Employee) –  6119 greenville aveJuly 5, 2016
A typical day would be me taking care of claims from damaged or missing packages. Dealing with the mail center and packing packages up properly. Customer service is a must always smiling and interacting with customers whether they are irate or pleasant.

This is the UPS Store not UPS corporate so its independently owned hints why the rating is so low.
Pros
Easy job, real chill and friendly environment
Cons
Micromanagement by owner
Picker
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 19, 2016
Responsibilities will include loading and unloading, packing and unpacking, auditing, general housekeeping, kitting, inbound processing, scanning orders, shipping and receiving, put-a-way, data entry into computerized inventory control systems and inventory control. The best part of it is that you meet good people there and the day goes by fast.The management is ok and so are the coworkers. You just have to ignore any drama and do your job.The hardest part is work for 12 hours 3 days in a week. The most enjoyable thing is picking the items and using the gun.
Pros
benefits, and money
Cons
work you real hard
Good pay, steady but early hours, good benefits, bad managers.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 21, 2016
It was a lot of hard work, most of the day was hard physical labor. Most of the people you will work with and around don't care about the job or you, but there are friendly people that you will find. Management was the worst part of the job they don't care about you or your co-workers at all, they see you as expendable and replaceable. That at times is the hardest part of the job. The nicst part to be honest is the pay.
Pros
Nice pay, great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, Hard and early hours.
Not as advertised
Driver Helper, UPS (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 11, 2016
I signed up to do seasonal help, but the problem is that they didn't tell me it would be on-call, instead telling us we'd be working most days. I worked exactly once, and I made more money at the orientation than I did helping deliver packages. It was an extra pain for me, too, since I live in a very rural area, and would have to drive about 1 hour to and back from the facility just to do things that would take about 10-20 minutes otherwise. I'll still use UPS for my mail, but I didn't appreciate the falsehoods they told me.
Physically exhausting work, good pay, consistent schedule, little hours.
Package Loader, Package Unload, Smalls Sorter (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 20, 2016
While UPS was a physically exhausting job it was simple enough to do for the three and a half hours I was usually there every week night. The pay was good but sadly the lack of hour proved to be a major issue. Either you had to be there for awhile, or be lucky enough to win a bid for a better position or another shift. Most of the management there was okay to deal with, even if at times they were difficult to deal with.
Very Productive
Data Sorter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2016
We start by taking boxes of the truck and labeling them, then we sort them to go to the right area, and then we pack them on the truck for the drivers. I learned that working as a tem is better then doing it all by yourself. Some of the management was great but there was a few bad seeds. The co-workers was amazing. The hardest part of the job was getting up at 2:00 am to be there at 3:00 am. I just love the job as a whole because I had the chance to do everything in the building
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
n/a
Needs improved standards for hiring new employees
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2016
A typical work day includes unloading and loading trailers with a forklift. Management lacks the motivation to improve operation performance and the employees give substantially low effort to load trailers correctly without the damage of freight. The hardest part of this job is trying to be a christian and show compassion towards everyone 100% of the time. I've learned how to pilot agitated co-workers into a more peaceful state of mind during my time at UPS FREIGHT. The most enjoyable part however, is holiday pay on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Independence day, and more.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Unhealthy Environment
Run the other way if you want a life
operations supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2016
Money is great but if you can't spend it with the people you love then it's worthless.
Drivers are protected by the union but supervisors are slaves to management. I don't see my spouse except on weekends- literally! The management is demeaning and critical. No moral, nothing to look forward to.
I've worked here for over 10yrs and it just keeps getting worse... So like someone said in another comment, if you don't mind being married to your work, then have at it!
Pros
Money
Cons
no life
Very hard work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 7, 2016
You had to move at a fast pace and keep up with sorting the boxes, like a good estimation of 1000 boxes per hour for 4-5 hours a day, I learned that not every job is for anyone and people are very inconsiderate of others, the management was very good and I could talk to anyone if I had a problem, and it would be solved, some co-workers were good but most complained about the amount of work that was in front of them , the hardest part of the job was deling with the heat during the summer and the cold during the winter, the most enjoyable part was the amount of people I could get connected to and be able to be in a union.
Tough place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 5, 2016
This is a very physical place to work, so if you are not in shape, look elsewhere. It was a challenge to me mentally and physically to stay as long as I did. Great company to work for, but my analogy was always that its like competing in a worlds strongest man competition, while running a marathon, while solving puzzles all at the same time. Its not for everybody, but if that's your thing, you will love it there.
Pros
Management is actually excellent here, promote from within mentality.
Cons
Extremely physically demanding.
Great health and other benefits with finanicial aid
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 20, 2016
I'd step through the security guard shack at 10:30 am and set everything up to the trailers loaded with boxes heading out their destinations. I've picked up on how to keep myself safe around dangerous machinery and equipment. Used a lot of communication, which helped team building. Co-workers all helped and assisted me. Hardest part would have been the physical work, which I personally enjoyed. Most enjoyable part of it all would be start time, and physicality of the job.
Pros
benefits, physical work
Cons
part time hours, no acknowledgement from superiors
great people and envirnment to work in
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 28, 2016
Working at ups is somewhat fast paced but a well environment to work in due to the teams order of means to sufficiency.my only set back of such working habits were my hours of graveyard for transportation was beginning to become an issue. Weekly pay was great and there were little to no I Injuries ever as of being noted by me specifically. Breaks were given as well needed but not excessively frequently as of just enough and at the right time.
Very physically demanding, yet there's always a high sense of accomplishment at the end of the night.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2016
Being a loader at UPS you're basically getting paid to work out. Highly physically demanding work, but you always have a strong sense of accomplishment at the end of the night. I enjoyed working with UPS immensely. My crew was always willing to work as a team and help others whenever it was needed. The only issue is that it takes years to get into full time. I most definitely would work for UPS again if I had the opportunity.
Relaxed but productive environment
Facilities Engineerig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical in the data center environment. My day can range from managing projects and drawings to addressing equipment failures and coming up with solutions. I learned that paying attention to detail is very critical in every aspect in an environment where there is no room for error. I had a great relationship my co-workers. What I enjoyed most about the job is the day to day challenge of operating a data center to keep my mind stimulated.
Pros
Great time flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
Management work is hard, not much positive reinforcement.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 23, 2016
Starting out not many hours. 10 bucks an hour starting off with decent incentives. Becoming a part time supervisor is attainable but it gets bad after that. Get yelled at everyday for stuff you can't control. Everything that happens is your fault, just gets old. You dont get paid for all the time you work. Especially at the toledo hub. only 10 minute break.
Pros
decent pay and incentives.
Cons
bad management, don't get paid for hours
Steady work, thats about all I can say.
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 26, 2016
Unfortunately, these stores are franchised, so it all depends on the owner. The guy who owned the last store I worked at was.....I'll just he wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. We didn't get any type of benefits, no insurance, sick leave, paid vacation, nothing. The only reason I stayed at this job was because of its proximity to my home and I got as many hours as I wanted.
Pros
Could take a break almost any time I wanted
Cons
Everything else
Hostile work environment constant harrasment
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYJune 29, 2016
The hardest part about working in this environment it was hard to get promoted with out doing thing that was unethical, constant bullying if you were consider an over achiever. Everyone was out for self, the work environment is very hazardous forcing employees to work in environment that was consider highly unsafe. If you refuse they'll build a false paper trail cut your hour and bully you until you quit and or do things their way.
Productive workplace with great benefits
Package Handler, UPS (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2016
Work 4-5 physical and hot hours a day. Practice safety habits and speed. Management isn't the best but they do work with you when they can. Co-workers are okay but it also seems like UPS just hires anyone they can so you run into a few unpleasant ones. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat. Most enjoyable part is starting off at a good pay.
Pros
Good pay, Great benefits, College Funding
Cons
Uncomfortable workplace, poor management
fun environment but very fast pased and produtive moving boxs all morring long
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 9, 2016
the hardest part of any job is waking up especially when you have to wake up at 3 in the morning a typical day of work consist of hot truck trailers filled with boxes some weight up to 160 lbs and some as low as 1 lbs grabbing boxes and placing them on a conveyor belt so that they get delivered on time doing this for about 4 hours a day Mon- Fri management has its ups and downs some days they are horrible and some days they are awesome the best part of the day is knowing that a customer is going to receive their package on time