UPS
6,690 reviews

UPS Employer Reviews

Human Resources
Human Resource Specialist II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long work days
Great work environment, opportunity meeting multiple people from all walks of life. Human resources (as an other career field) has to be what you love to do and have a passion for.

A typical work day could be starting our morning off at 4 a.m. and working non stop all the way through. It is a very fast paced work place.

I have learned more HR laws (eeo, I9 etc) and regulations than I ever thought was possible.

Management is simply that management. Some you will love some you will not.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Louisville, kyJanuary 24, 2015
Was a nice place to work, great benefits, real easy job if you get put in the right position and get a good supervisor. I would recommend to anyone wanting a small job
Fun Place
Driver (Former Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 24, 2015
This place is good to work but sometimes it can be stressful. Hours vary everyday, depending on the volume and day of the week. Sometimes I worked for 8 hours, sometimes for 10 per day.
Vending Machine around the warehouse
Loader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Come to work and start loading in trucks where my mangers chooses.
Fast paced environment with long work hours but good pay.
Driver Helper (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 24, 2015
I would drive from Philadelphia to West Chester and meet up with my driver from there we would deliver packages on our scheduled route. If I needed assistance I would call Human Resources for information. The coworkers were fun an playful but worked hard when duty called. The hardest part of the job wasn't the actual task itself but just the repetitiveness. The most enjoyable part was getting free food during our break or after work.
Great when I was there
Loader/Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Its been a long time since I worked for UPS but when I did it was a great company. They took care of there employees and worked hard to keep them happy and focused.

I would load semi trailers on third shift and thouroughly enjoyed it
Productive and hardworking warehouse
UPS Unloader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice people, nice management, equal opportunity.
Cons: short breaks for the amount of time i was consistently unloading boxes.
A typical day at work requires me to go and unload trailer trucks as consistently as i could. I learned all the 8 keys to being a productive man in moving boxes onto and off trucks. My coworkers were nice and enjoyable to be around at times. My most enjoyable part about the job was that i was getting paid a nice amount but at the same time it was kind of a workout to me.
YMCA
Carrier Management Group Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: outside working conditions, no breaks or paid time off
-Good place to meet new people
-Great interaction with children ages 3-8
-Great interaction with staff
Great workplace, fun environment,
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Trenton, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: safe environment
Safety first was a big thing. Smile and be a very professional person.
great
Material Handler, (Former Employee), carnesville gaJanuary 23, 2015
great company to work for , deliver merchandise to customer homes.
My experience at United Parcel Service
Coordinator Helper/ Seasonal (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: everyone was to busy to train properly.
A typical day at work was really slow, everyone was so involved in they're own position that they didn't want to train the helpers to help them out. I learned that I had to take the iniative on my own and take a lot of notes. Some of the managers were short and some were really nice and patience. The people that I worked with were nice the drivers were nice, and the other Coordinator Helpers were nice and helpful to me. Finding work to make the day go by faster. Learning about how a Fortune 500 company is being ran by packages and how serious they take their job, especially around the Christmas Holiday.
The work is hard but worth it
Package Sorter (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: short breaks
I liked the amount of money that you can make. You get tired of lifting boxes after but the coworkers make it fun. I didn't like lifting boxes over 50 pounds. I learned how to work with packages and how to be safe inside the facility.
ups
package handler (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 23, 2015
A great place to work especially if your young and only want part time work. The pay isn't as good neither are the hours but staff and employees were great and it was a very easy job. I learned a lot from the older people and would love to come back if the pay was better.
Fun, energetic and friendly place to work.
Package Loader (Current Employee), Sparks, NVJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: sick days, vacation days, option days, dollar raise every year.
Cons: dusty environment, repetition
A typical day at work fairly difficult and repetitive but with the cooperation of co-workers they day goes by easy. I learned how to build box walls that can withstand immense pressure for long periods of time. Management is usually cooperative and helpful as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is coming in to the repetition. The most enjoyable part is working together with co-workers.
Fast paced place
Package Handler Helper (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJanuary 23, 2015
It is a fast paced job that has a lot of pressure and work on your knees. Me being young helped out a lot because i would run to the deliveries and get done even faster than what 30 year drivers could. The hardest part of the job that i didn't feel was very hard was being in the cold weather.
Great Benefits/ Pay
driver/preloader (Current Employee), New Stanton,PAJanuary 23, 2015
Repedative work day basic routine. Sometimes short days and or surprising long days
Most Enjoyable
High Value Associate/Loss Prevention (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Music on the loud speaker kept us motivated and pumped for the night.
Good part time
Supervisor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Good part time position for people with other jobs or attending school.
Productive Work Place
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Yorktown Heights,NYJanuary 22, 2015
We would start at 9am and we would organize the truck a little before we head out. We would make stops such as residential and commercial business and we would deliver packages. All the driver helpers and the drivers were cool and respectful. The hardest part of the job is working those long hours from 9 to sometimes getting out at 9/10pm.
working inside the factory
full time driver (Former Employee), uniondale new yorkJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: excercise
it was alot of excercise with keeping alot of work flow going

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more