UPS Employee Reviews

Found 14,097 reviews matching the search
A good part time job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 27, 2017
Very good part time job. Labor intense work but easy. Not a female job but a good job for any young man who is working his way through college looking for a little extra money with good health benefits.
Pros
Great health coverage
Cons
labor intense work
Had a very nice gym on property.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaMarch 27, 2017
I entered National Account contracts and addendums. Also set up meetings for the Pricing Dept. No problems with any immediate Managers. Coordinated United Way volunteer day on a yearly basis. I also was allowed to tutor at our Elementary School which were very enjoyable. The hardest part was not being able to advance without a degree when I felt I was more than capable of doing the job with my experience. Workplace was very professional but as with all companies you had to deal with gossip, etc...
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Having to have a degree to advance when I knew I could do more with the company.
Fast pace work place and none to little room for error.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 27, 2017
A typical day working here would be fast paced. I learned how to work in a stressful environment. The management was laid back. I really enjoyed the free food provided by mailbox holders and also management. The workplace was really chilled and fun to work at especially when we were getting all the work done efficiently.
Pros
Sometimes we were provided free foot by management or customers.
Cons
Little to no breaks at all.
Intresting work place
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working with UPS, it was an interesting work place, even though I work directly with the driver I enjoyed the job. The driver was friendly and the few time I went to the main office the administrative staff was also kind
Fastpast job
Warehouse Load Associate (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMarch 27, 2017
I love what I do, but there are no full-time positions available. Full time comes with seniority. I learn a lot from the veterans who been working there a long time. It is a great job to retire from if you can even get a full time position. There are really no hard parts to the job. Work is fast pace and consistent.
Pros
Great place for beginner and the people are great I work with.
Cons
They send you home when business is slow.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2017
Pay should be higher for the service but it is a cool job. I would recommend this job to a person with patience because it is highly required dealing with people.
Best company i've worked for
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
At the begging of the day so many packages are everywhere on the truck. The trucks are unorganized and many mis-loads.One day deliver packages do not get delivered in one day because of this.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unorganized
Fun workplace
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 27, 2017
This was a very fast paced job. I was just seasonal but it was quick paced and a lot of hours. We worked rain or shine. The customers were wonderful. The man I worked with helped me learn quickly. The only bad thing about it is that I fell numerous times in the ice and snow. But all in all it was so much fun.
Good
Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2017
Good work environment. Professional workers with good advancement opportunities. Work with professional work force with experienced team members who typically have worked for years
Bad place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 27, 2017
Very demanding on your body.the pay is not good. They treat there workers bad like if there nobody to them just a worker.and there always messing up on your check
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Horrible pay
Rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2017
Working for ups was very pleasant work environment, however after the seasonal hire the ending process is not so easy of an transition. But working for the company is great
ups
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMarch 26, 2017
working hard everyday
learning hard to work with others
problem solving
hardest part of the job is working nights
best part is enjoying the days
I have learned hard work and dedication and how to get along with others and get things accomplished on a daily basis.
Pros
free water during the summer
Cons
short breaks
Busy
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXMarch 26, 2017
A typical day here is you are overworked with a 10 minute break, you don't get enough hours and the pay isn't great for what we have to do. I do enjoy the people but some of the management doesn't seem like they deserve their job. They live by the whole "it's above my pay grade" mentality.
Pros
Nice people, they are safe.
Cons
Short breaks, have to be there a year before you can do anything.
Alot to offer
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2017
Ups offers a lot of great benifits. The opportunity for advancement is always there. They are nationwide and I would work for them anywhere. Part time or full time for anyone.
Great place to work with good benefits.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 26, 2017
Being a package handler at UPS is hard work, but worth sticking with the company. Great benefits with opportunity to make a career out of it. I would recommend working at The United Parcel Service.
Pros
Early morning work. 4am-9am
Cons
Only part-time
Promotion Opportunity
Operations Manager (RET) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2017
UPS believes in promoting from within. This creates a partnership among all management levels. UPS is compared to the military in the way we manage all facets of the business. This has made us successful for over 100 years. We continue to evolve and be leaders in the industry. The opportunity for advancement. UPS believes in operations rotations to make their management well rounded. UPS gave me the education I needed for success through internal training schools and seminars.
Pros
Job security/opportunity
Cons
Work/life balance
Productive & Fun
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2017
It is a good company, just have to have a lot of energy & strength to get going. But overall, I like it I've stayed in shape a lot far as muscles since working there.
Great Experience
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2017
Though I was only a seasonal employee, I enjoyed my time working for UPS. My supervisor was supportive, my coworkers were friendly, and the working conditions were good.
Very pleasant
UPS Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with the drivers. I got along with them. Everyone on the job were always professional and dedicated. It helped me to be alert/attentive to detail. In addition, it was very nice to just ride around the city and to see people smile when you deliver their items or pick them up.
Pros
The drivers were very nice to me and very dedicated. I enjoyed working with them
Great benefits but long waiting period for advancement
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 25, 2017
The first several months you only work if there is a high volume of packages and you have to wait til approximately 1 hr 30 minutes before start time to see if you even work that day. It is a union job and the benefits are very good. Safety is a huge concern and is addressed daily. There are also weekly knowledge assessments from which you can earn prizes. I have personally received a lot of positive recognition from supervisors and their training was thorough.
Pros
fast paced, union, benefits, safe
Cons
slow advancement, very physical