UPS Employee Reviews

Found 9,152 reviews matching the search
Consistent workflow.
Package Handler/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2016
Consistent workflow in the warehouse and working with great and hardworking people with great benefits. Pay rate is real low and working extremely physically hard.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Short hours, very physical work, low pay.
Unloader
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
Unload 56 ft trailers in a timely fashion with a hub provided conveyer belt and company appointed gloves. It was a seasonal job so it didn't last as long as Id liked.
Amazing place to work!
Pre loader/driver helper (Former Employee) –  Westville, INFebruary 11, 2016
UPS is an absolute amazing place to work. I learned how to organize in a quick and sense able fashion. If you can handle the most basic instructions and have the a moderate understanding of numerical order you can learn this job quick. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the line during peek season, and making sure you put the proper parcel in the corresponding truck. Multi-tasking is key! UPS pays at higher rate than almost any entry level job, and even at part time, you can receive full time benefits. Amazing I know. Management at the Tri-City location in Westville,IN are friendly and outgoing. The culture of the job varies and is a great atmosphere. Young and old come together to allow all sorts of intriguing conversation. Job security is easy to achieve by joining the Union. This is absolutely a dream job.
Pros
Good hours, low stress, great atmosphere and even better bosses.
Cons
None.
great people and honest work
Package Handler-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNFebruary 11, 2016
A great group of people to work with who make the work environment a fun and productive place to be. Very flexible with a college student hours,weekends off, and a sustainable pay for part time/ seasonal workers.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No PTO acquirement until after a year or work.
Customer Service Representative/Trainer
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 10, 2016
Handle employee compliance, organize company records for FAA, OSHA and TSA compliance; train new employees on company procedures and protocol, create and maintain computer based files, data entry, heavy phones and in house communication, shipment tracking, prepare daily reports, knowledge of workplace safety regulations and procedure.
fun good work
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 10, 2016
The hours weren't enough but the work was good the environment was nice my driver was also nice nothing hard about the job whole thing was enjoyable .
Very easy job to do.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 10, 2016
I pretty much do the same thing everyday. My coworkers are cool people and I get along with mostly everyone. What I can say is hard sometimes is the load of packages, meaning how heavy the work load can be. The most enjoyable thing is that its an easy job.
Hard work
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day is working at high rate. Staying busy is a requirement. Heavy lifting is required. Must pay attention to detail.
Pros
Great company
Cons
shift
love the job
Part time - Evenings (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy working here, it is fast paced. I love the benefits that are offered to us. I love the union. I cant wait to become a driver
Fast
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Unload upload
Drive
Rearrange the packages inside truck
Drop off package get chased by dogs
Get bit by dog and lots of running
Pros
DAYS GO FAST
Cons
DOGS DONT LIKE YOU
Difficult workplace but great benefits
Preloader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Management is not the best to work with, but benefits of the job make it worthwhile. Sometimes workload is very heavy to handle in the short amount of time given.
Pros
Simple enough to do.
Great work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2016
up load and down load of air craft, jet fueled air craft, assisted captain and crew. supervised 20 plus employess, and safty around aircraft.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
hard to excel
It was a very fun working environment with an easy work routine.
Cashier, Print Expert, Packer/Shipper, Logistics (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85032February 9, 2016
This job was great for helping me to learn Logistics with the packing and shipping industry. It also gave me the opportunity to work on my Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills while helping members work on their advertisements or portfolios for businesses. I loved this job, so much so, that when I was leaving I recommended my brother and he was accepted.
Pros
Lots of free time. Opportunities to learn new computer skills.
Cons
Around holidays packing and shipping becomes very hectic an fast paced.
Management friendly but too personal
Shipping Clerk, Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Gained a lot of knowledge about the industry, Business is booming and tends to be very busy, Most enjoyable part of job are two of the coworkers.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers (2), Friendly Management, very compassionate
Cons
Short Staffed, takes to long to find new workers, Punishes for mistakes and does not find new ways to solve the problem.
Good pay, not enough hours. Lacking long term potential.
Pre-load & Cover Driver (Current Employee) –  Potsdam, NYFebruary 9, 2016
GREAT company, unfortunately in my rural area the hours and long term potential are very limited. THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!! HOWEVER as a Cover Driver be prepared for very limited hours in rural areas. UPS equipment & training are excellent. I was treated respectfully by management and experienced drivers.
Pros
When given hours GREAT pay, benefits, and training!!
Cons
Not enough hours due to rural area I live and work in.
Very friendly people to work with.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INFebruary 9, 2016
I work with UPS for a few months loved the job but I did not like the fluctuation in the hours during peaks seasons. I was looking for something more stable and consistent hours.
The hardest part of the job is unsatisfied customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 8, 2016
The customer is never wrong, so it could be hard sometimes trying to figure out what could you do to help him or her. When giving them options and other things that they don't want it can cause the employee to get aggravated to. With certain customers somethings can't be fixed but we try our best.
Pros
discounts, free computer use & printing
The UPS Store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 8, 2016
A wonderful environment. Family oriented and open minded individuals working together makes life a lot easier. I don't think I could have ever asked for better coworkers or employers. I learned so much in a small amount of time. Enough to last a life time.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, vacation time, holidays
good workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2016
I love the environment. it could get frustrating sometimes but as long your focused its overall a good job. the supervisors were nice and were understanding
Great job with great benefits
Pre-Loader (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work includes setting up my job area, then taking the packages off the belt and loading them into the correct package car by looking at the SPA label. The SPA label is a 7 digit number or letters or combo of both (ex. AR6 - 8478). The package with this SPA would go on the truck marked AR6 and loaded on the 8000 shelf of the truck about where 8478 would be on the shelf or where the driver best likes the stop. My job is a very fast paced environment with one 10 minute break during my shift.