UPS Employee Reviews

Found 15,211 reviews matching the search
Advancement opportunity and great benefits
Trainer and Outbound supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAMay 28, 2017
Advanced from package handler to trainer and outbound supervisor. Supervise package handling, loading operations, provide new employee orientation and training, ensure workforce engagement and motivation.
Pros
advancement opportunity, exceptional benefits, college tuition reimbursement
Cons
strenous work activity, warehouse envirionment
It's a fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2017
There is a lot of riding, up and downs, meeting new peoples. I can't think of anything else to go with this job i only worked a month or so. It's a good part-time job.
Pros
a good place to work
Cons
Was promised to start fulltime but got part time.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 28, 2017
I was promised I was going to start out as Full time back in october, but found out it was only seasonal. So after 89 days they fire you. So glad I found another full time job that has honest management
One of a kind.
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 28, 2017
When I started working seasonal at Ups 3 years ago, and they were vary gracious to keep me on I'v learned. Being that UPS was one of my first jobs I was new to a lot. I wasn't quite sure how rough my job was going to be first starting out, but with the help of UPS they put you through their comprehensive training program, and they will teach you everything you need to know. It will all became second nature and the manual labor will became nothing. It's all a very easy job after a little while.

Pros:
Decent pay.(over time)
Vacation time.
Sick days / personal days.

Cons:
Manual labor can get tiresome.
Management issues.(rarely)
Work conditions are dirty depending on your area.
Fun and flexible
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2017
It's a Mon-Fri job that starts out paying $10.00 an hr. A typical workday starts out with me setting up the rollers before e the belts come on. I get in a trailor start scanning packages,then move around to help my co workers out. Ups has taught me the value of teamwork,to always be on time, and to be aware of my surroundings. Ups can use more management .The hardest part of the job is when you sometimes have to be the worker and the manger bc some mangers don't do their jobs.
I broke my phone
Ground Crew (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 27, 2017
Did the company do anything about the work place injury and damages due to another employees actions. No, They let me go due to my accusations of complaints.
Pros
Decent people and good training
Cons
Good luck trying to get into contact with anything.
fun productive place to work at.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2017
Ups is a great environment place to work in i learned costumer service i learned fast pacing work. there was not really anything bad about this job. The most enjoyable part of this job is that you meet great caring people. it is certainly a social environmental job.
Productive atmosphere
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth txMay 27, 2017
Ups offer a lot of benefits and growth for any individual looking to advance his /her career. Ups offer competitive pat rate and have great insurance and a great way to pay for college tuition
UPS Is a great job to work .
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 27, 2017
It's A Great job to work at with a lot of good assets. You learn a lot of things you would think you would already know. I was an package handler so my driver taught me a lot .
Preload Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2017
It a good place to work wish i can go back good co worker good pay easy to get promoted hard work it not for everybody if you a hard worker and want to move up fast it for you
The long time established company is behind the times in hiring minorities into management; the logistics are outdated
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  2450 Rathmell Rd., Obetz, OH 43207May 27, 2017
This is a good part-time job. The benefits are excellent. Most individuals cannot make a career of this job. The opportunities are minimal for advancement within the company.
Pros
Great benefits; healthcare and tuition assistance
Cons
Outdated company in hiring practices and advancement opportunities
Ups
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2017
Diverse job site sometimes nice atmosphere. Hot warehouse not many water fountains. Great job benefits. The insurance is the best. Wear and tear on the body.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Wear and tear on the body
High demand, high stress
Pre-Load PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 27, 2017
It seems as if Managers care more about the production value and process rate rather than employee safety. Also, managers seem to get high stress levels and start blaming others when things don't get done on time. The negativity that goes on in these unloads are strenuous and very unfriendly.
very busy workplace
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 27, 2017
i actually enjoyed this job allot. the fast movement, everyone was friendly. the management was ok, not great but ok. allot of heavy lifting, 70+ pounds. most under 70 though.
Fast paced
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 27, 2017
Excellent company. Nice place to start a career. The day starts early and its "full throttle " until the job is done. I would definitely recommend this job for college students looking for part time work.
Safe workplace
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILMay 27, 2017
UPS was a very fun job to me, loading the trucks was not hard to me at all. Unloading trucks was also one of my favorite ones to do only because it was a smoother pace.
Good place to work at
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2017
It is a good place to work at over all. It's not too fast and it's not too slow. If it wasn't for me going back to school, I would still be working there. The only thing I have to complain about is its lack of days off.
Pros
Good amount of breaks
Cons
Only Sundays off most of the time
Hardworking
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 27, 2017
Alot of work to do. You are constantly busy. This job will have you sore but the money is worth it. You can gain alot of good employee benefits from this company.
great experience, hard to get shift changes
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 27, 2017
worked there for two years, needed a shift change for school, after months of requesting it was not granted it. pay was good, transition to sorter was easy and well trained to complete job.
Pros
pay, training, benefits
Cons
supervisors, unwilling to work with school
Amazing
Preloader/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Romoland, CAMay 27, 2017
Working for UPS was great, everyone is so nice and welcoming. The work includes a lot physical activity but it's a great work out and please there are just friendly. The staffing team is on top of everything. They provide snakes every Friday to get your day going. If you're unhappy with your position they work with you to find a great match.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
A lot of physical activity

CEO Approval