UPS
7,724 reviews

UPS Employee Reviews

i stay very busy
Administrative assistant for Security Department (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 24, 2015
Pros: vacation time, paid holidays
Cons: Not enought hours to make it my only job.
I control high risk packages to the cages in front of the centers so drivers can pick them up and deliver them while making sure that those packages get signatures because they are high value packages. I also track those packages to make sure the drivers did get the signatures. I also track the driver releases for 24 other buildings. Once a week I update the security managers report book. The management team in the security department are really good. I get along with most of the people I work with even though I don't really work with them. The hardest part of my job is to get the warehouse supervisors to get me the high val packages in a timely enough manner to ensure that I can get the packages to the centers with plenty of time for the drivers to pick them up to take them out for delivery.
Ok place to work (load/unload)
Package Handler (Current Employee), Chester, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Good healthcare and discount on certain company product and services.
Cons: Rude and disrespectful supervisors and managers
On a typical work day on the job you are load and unload trailer. Also it a warehouse so you must dress to the whether conditions and be safe as well. Management is not all bad, but most of them rude and disrespectful. Your co-worker are weird, but fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is working night and adjusting to whether conditions.
All work no play.
Package Handler (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: healthcare is great
Cons: pay is very low initially, you have to do back breaking work for a year to earn your benefits, and management tries to make you quit before you receive it.
Hardest part of the job is to remain healthy. You must maintain good physical condition, due to the fact that they work you like no other. No down period except but 15 min break and then back to work. Career opportunities are bleak due to the new contract with the union which makes your window to become full time nil. But, you will have full time benefit for part time work. Management is management you reach impossible goals and management wants more from you.
great job, good money for college students on christmas break.
Driver Assistant (Former Employee), woburn/winchesterMay 23, 2015
I worked this job during the Christmas season for a few weeks. The days were long which was expected but overall the job itself was great.
Great place to learn new skills
Customer Center Clerk (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDMay 23, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: general public
Having only worked for UPS about seven months, I have a strong understanding what a Clerks role plays on the front lines of logistics and customer service.
friendly working environment, fast pace working environment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: learning experience, knowledge, hours
Cons: pay
My co-workers were very helpful. They helped me with tasks and showed me how to do things in the right way. I learned many things that have to deal with the plane, how to set things up, how to execute things that have to deal with going into the airplane. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining friends and the experience.
okay company
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), chicago, ilMay 22, 2015
There is no room for advancement depending on your location your just stuck in one position. Pretty easy job to have and the people are kind.
Exciting company to work for
SEASONAL DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee), Saint Johns, FLMay 22, 2015
The company sets you up to advance. They train you at every corner so you are successful. It is a perfect place to work while going to college.
Job Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great pay, benefits
Cons: When it rains, you get WET!
Work day was from 8am to possibility 10pm. Per DOT, can not work no more than 60 hours a week. As delivery driver, loaded packages in package car if car not ready to pull from building on time. Delivered packages to customers and plenty of work each day, rain, snow, sleet or shine. Company sponsors OJT and SAFETY programs to all employees. Hardest time of the year is between Thanksgiving and Christmas (very long hours and plenty of overtime). Some management is unfair to drivers.
Fun work place good people
Sorter, Material Handler (Former Employee), Lawnside, NJMay 22, 2015
Pros: good people
A typical work day at ups involved sorting boxes and taking orders. co-workers were fun and helpful good team work. Management was respectable.
Productive workplace with loud machinery
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Allowed to bring food and drinks to your work area
Cons: Not allowed to sit down for the whole work day start to finish, which some days lasted 14 hours
A typical day at work was to load the UPS trucks with boxes from the slide and irregulars belt.

What I learned was how hard you have to work on a day to day basis with a labor job.

My co-workers were great very enjoyable people to be around.

The hardest part of the job is lifting the furniture, boxed basketball hoops, televisions, etc..
open door policy, team oriented with plenty of opertunities for advacnement
Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2015
Pros: advancement, team- Oriented
Cons: short breaks
it's a fast-paced environment with many changing factors. I'm consistently interacting with employees and management to have an efficient and success shift.
Awesome people to work for. Job is hard and compensation is low, but for someone in college this is a good place to work.
Cindy Carpenter, mgr (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 21, 2015
Pros: No late nights, closed on Sunday
Cons: Job is HARD
I would recommend anyone here. They are so nice and helpful! The owner is super! I would go back to work here any time if needed.
Good part-time job if you have thick skin and don't mind hard work.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Edison, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits/tuition assistance, decent pay, safe lifting techniques, room for advancement (supervisor or driver), overtime and time and a half, decent coworkers, payed vacation, sick days, willing to work with you, the longer you stay with the company the more money you will make
Cons: Hard work if you are not use to it, management can be annoying, very short break, fast turn over people quit constantly, work environment can be dirty, work environment can be stressful
Working for UPS as a package handler is hard work. HR will direct you to a working location in the hub and give you title, you will either work in the unload, loading, sorting, or air building (small sort). Sorting requires you to take and pass a sort test, you will need to know zip codes, and you will get a 1.00$ raise. If you are in the unload to can expect to unload 5-10+ trailers a shift depending on the work load. There is not much you need to know as a unloader you just get everything out of the trailer and onto the extendo belt as fast and safe as you can and move to the next trailer, its hard work and you will get a work out and sweat. Sorting is self explanatory you stand and sort packages all shift nothing else to it. If you are a loader like I was you can expect to constantly lifting and loading trailers for 5 to 6 hours a day. Packages can weigh from 5 ounces- 100 pounds+. You are required to scan each package, build strong and solid walls with packages, handle hazmats, and pick up irregular freight packages that drivers drop off outside your trailer. Management wants you to work fast and have at least a (200 package per hour load rate) so that trailers can get out on time. Management can be annoying sometimes but they are just doing their job. They won't bother you if you are doing your work. Starting pay is 10.00$ i believe now that the new contract is negotiated. pay increase after 90 days and another increase after 1 year. Union dues start at 25.00$ a month. Good benefits with tuition assistance if you are a college student they will pay for books and help with – more... tuition. Room for advancement you can become a supervisor if you work hard, pass the test, and management likes you. Supervisors are non-union, about $15.00 a hourly/salary i believe. You will loose weight and gain muscle within the 3 months of work if you are a loader or in the unload and if you work hard. It is not a bad job just work hard, don't be lazy, and have thick skin and you will be fine.

When you start work make sure you bring:
- A gallon of water
-Steel toe boots
- A light snack
- your ID
- gloves
and a handkerchief or a rag. – less
Working at United Parcal Service has it's rewards.
Unloader (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Company Shirts
Cons: No breaks
work start at 6:00pm to the work is done. I learned to work safely watching what I do in every step of my work day. The hardest part of the day when your done I enjoy the new start of each day it 's always different.
Another Day at UPS
Package Handler (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Getting a paycheck
Cons: short breaks, short staffed
Too much work not enough pay. It would be nice if employee's could work the day shift and get 100% of their tuition paid for. Working nights is a trap. Most employee's end up quitting school because they're too tired to go to class during the day. So their life becomes just working at UPS.
Technician II (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Advancement, Wages, Benefits, 401K Match, People
Cons: Weather, if you are not in the hub, you are on the ramp.
I would say it was the best company that I have ever worked for. If given the chance I would work there once again. I grew a lot in the IT field here with multiple ways to promote yourself and advance within the company.
Great company for hard workers
UPS Driver (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 20, 2015
A typical day at UPS includes a lot of physical labor. You have to be prepared for anything and be able to deal with a high pressured environment which I believe is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people and personalities from different backgrounds. Management at UPS is very impersonal and mainly are concerned with numbers which can be frustrating. I learned to work hard for myself and my family and that's what keeps me going strong.
Good pay, good management.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 20, 2015
I worked here for the summer in between college semesters. The managers worked with me when I went back to school. It was an overnight position through a staffing company. Hiring process was swift and smooth.
Fast pace work
Package Handler (Current Employee), Hodgkins, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: You can meet new people
Cons: Short breaks, Rude managers
Day at ups is 4 hours a day of non-stop lifting and lowering boxes. I learned that you can change your position but it will take time. Management are always breathing down your neck and very rude. I have no problem with my co-workers they come to work and do there job and go home.
The Hardest part of work at ups is getting up going to work, because after you leave there when your done with you shift your so tried. The most enjoyable part of my job you get to meet new people

1 2 3 4 5

About UPS

As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business – Read more

UPS Salaries