UPS Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,577 reviews matching the search
good second job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2016
Helped learn to work in a fast paced environment during the holidays under minimal supervision. good money for holiday work
Pros
good second income
Cons
overnight work
Not for the faint of heart. Physically Demanding
Logistics Handler (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 27, 2016
Perfect environment for an individual that is not afraid to work hard and sweat. Lots of room for moving up in the company.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Physically demanding
working at ups
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 27, 2016
On a typical day at work as a driver helper I woke up every morning at 7:00 am to be there for 8 am. We would do our routes from 8am- to about 10 at night.
Pros
good pay
Great job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 27, 2016
Fun fast paced job. Awesome pay if you do it right. If you're a college student stay to unloading and sorting and in three years sign a bid sheet for driving and there you go. 50k a year.
Fun Worlplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 27, 2016
A typical day at the Hialeah location for UPS was very active and busy, but rewarding. I was always able to get help and good advise from leaders and co workers.
I enjoyed that at the end of the day I felt that I had done a good days job and would be adequately rewarded.
seasonal
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 27, 2016
I was a Seasonal employee. So, I was not there too long. Overall, my fellow co-workers were pleasant to work with. I would return if the option was given to me.
Productive, hard work non stop
Part time Plant Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 26, 2016
The job does not pay enough for all of the hard work unless you are full-time which is a hard position to get. Not enough hours given to make money.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
Ups. Is a great place to work at If the company desides to keep you. Great benefits..I was a seasonal worker at the time,But dont get me wrong its a lot of hard work
Pros
Great connecting
Cons
10, min brake
Fun Environment
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
I love my job. I am good at everything there. The hardest part is my co-workers and their attitudes.Management needs to get it together though. They have let up a bit too much in regards to people not showing up for work, or coming in late every day. These things should be fix or pretty soon we wont be able to run an operation.
Pros
I can wear whatever i want to work
Cons
The brakes are way to short
Not to good
Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2016
Only recommend this kind of job for a high school student and not any one with a family aha needs to have good income for bills
Easy and fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAApril 26, 2016
Meet drivers at set locations, drive to each drop off location in UPS truck and unload packages to customers houses/Apt. or businesses.
Pros
Good workout while getting paid, get my foot in the door at UPS.
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits
Terrible
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 25, 2016
Great co-workers and terrible management. Being off work was the most enjoyable part of the day. Typical day at work was getting called several times throughout the night wondering what I was doing while I am on a 4+ hour job repairing a fleet vehicle.
Pros
Terrible management
Cons
Great co-workers and great compensation
UPS Review
Frontline Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 25, 2016
A typical day for myself includes a high energy and intense operation. I am perfecting the art of handling multiple activities while leading the participating work force to our common goal of being safe, providing quality service to our customer, and remaining within a cost efficient sort span. I work within a very team oriented environment which is the most enjoyable part of the job. The most difficult part of the job is staying positive due to circumstances that can sometimes be outside of your control.
Pros
Internal competitions, team work, and Metro United Way Cookouts
Cons
Training, working conditions, and poor staffing
Difficult
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
This job is very hard and physical. The thing with this job you have to maintain and come to work everyday with a focus mind set. I really would not recommend this job only if you were looking for something part-time.
Easy going work palce
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCApril 25, 2016
my boss is great, easy going, laid back job. should not be only source of income though. you learn to utilize your customer service skills here. i also became a notary
Package Handler
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 25, 2016
Very fast paced and management is only concerned with your packages per hour rate. You don't receive benefits until after a year. They try to slowly break you in for a month but honestly the work is hard.
Exciting work place full of good energy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2016
Grateful for the opportunity, learned how to really manage time. The work load was challenging but superseded it and love it. Created a good bond with other employees, gained really good experience
Very Structured
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 25, 2016
Spent 10 years at UPS and had the necessary training provided to me to do my job. Great camaraderie and work ethics among co-workers. I would work there again.
rough and low job security but good benefits
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 25, 2016
Besides the benefits at UPS, the fact that my job security was low and the sometimes shady job culture has made me think twice about working there but there are other positions that can benefit you in the long run if you are able to last that long
good opertunity's here
laborer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 25, 2016
good work place there are positions for day or night whatever you prefer . there is a union here to so advancing forward is ALL up to you